A Buck A Beer!

DaSleeper
+1
#1
Buck-a-beer’ to be available in Ontario beginning Aug. 27

The Ontario government says it will offer “non-financial incentives” to brewers who sell their beer for $1 once the province’s buck-a-beer plan is in place later this month.




More: https://globalnews.ca/news/4373758/ontario-buck-a-beer/


I'll drink to that
 
MHz
#2
That's almost as cheep as the kid with the lemonade stand down on the corner.
 
White_Unifier
+1 / -3
#3
Has that really become Ontario's priority?

Alcohol, tobacco, and other vices are what the state should be targeting as means to pay off the debt.
Last edited by White_Unifier; Aug 7th, 2018 at 12:04 PM..
 
MHz
+1
#4
Got to put on a good example for the new comers.
 
Walter
+1 / -1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

That's almost as cheep as the kid with the lemonade stand down on the corner.

Cheap, not cheep.

Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Has that really become Ontario's priority?

Alcohol, tobacco, and other vices should what the state should be targeting as means to pay off the debt.

Nope unleash the market and spend less, that will pay off the debt.
 
MHz
#6
Thank you. I'll try to be kinder to trolls in the future.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Has that really become Ontario's priority?

Alcohol, tobacco, and other vices should what the state should be targeting as means to pay off the debt.

Hey, Doug got elected on that politically difficult "Free Beer" ticket that no one ever has any success with. He's a pro.
 
Walter
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Hey, Doug got elected on that politically difficult "Free Beer" ticket that no one ever has any success with. He's a pro.

Beat the crap out of the Dyke-bitch and Horwath.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Has that really become Ontario's priority?

Alcohol, tobacco, and other vices should what the state should be targeting as means to pay off the debt.


It's high time that the vegans and cyclists started paying their fair share
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

It's high time that the vegans and cyclists started paying their fair share

Force them into tread mills and make them generate electricity.
 
DaSleeper
+2
#11
Unless the treadmill has a plugin they won't use it
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Force them into tread mills and make them generate electricity.


Vegans are notoriously gassy.... bad for the environment an all
 
White_Unifier
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

It's high time that the vegans and cyclists started paying their fair share

I favour imposing a tax on the net profits of any resource-extraction company. Given how we need metal and other resources to build bicycles, that would impose an indirect tax on bicycle buyers. I'm all for that.

As for vegan products that don't involve mind-altering substances, why tax those businesses? Farmers pay personal income taxes already, why tax their businesses too?

animal-husbandry businesses, that's another matter given the pollution they produce.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Vegans are notoriously gassy.... bad for the environment an all

Best to let it out than trap it in.
 
Hoid
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Beat the crap out of the Dyke-bitch and Horwath.

but not nearly to the extent you were predicting.
 
Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
+5
#15  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Has that really become Ontario's priority?

Alcohol, tobacco, and other vices are what the state should be targeting as means to pay off the debt.

After having to have to deal with Wynne I think we all deserve a few cold ones.
 
DaSleeper
+2
#16
What do you mean a few?......at 2 for the price of one!
 
White_Unifier
-1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Cheap, not cheep.


Nope unleash the market and spend less, that will pay off the debt.

Casinos, brothels, and heroin dens are your vision for Ontario's future prosperity?

Heck, I bet we could make a bit of money on the side selling uranium on the free market too.
 
Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
+1
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Casinos, brothels, and heroin dens are your vision for Ontario's future prosperity?

Heck, I bet we could make a bit of money on the side selling uranium on the free market too.

Uranium????

We haven't had economicable uranium in Ontario since Elliot Lake shut down
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Uranium????

We haven't had economicable uranium in Ontario since Elliot Lake shut down

Got lots of Tritium, though.

[Pssst! Hey Kim! Wanna score some Tritium?]
 
White_Unifier
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Got lots of Tritium, though.

[Pssst! Hey Kim! Wanna score some Tritium?]

Hey, if it lowers the cost of beer in Ontario, why not?
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Casinos, brothels, and heroin dens are your vision for Ontario's future prosperity?

http://youtu.be/vNrQQNwZegg
 
MHz
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

What do you mean a few?......at 2 for the price of one!

'Rounds', first time you ever hear that term? When you buy the girl alone at the end of the bar a beer do you send the bill along with it???
 
DaSleeper
#23
Watcha talking about Fool!
 
White_Unifier
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

http://youtu.be/vNrQQNwZegg

We should introduce a slot machine in every grocery store. That should rake in massive revenues for the government.

Moga!
 
MHz
#25
M
A
Drunk
A
 
CaptainTrips
+2
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

I favour imposing a tax on the net profits of any resource-extraction company. Given how we need metal and other resources to build bicycles, that would impose an indirect tax on bicycle buyers. I'm all for that.

As for vegan products that don't involve mind-altering substances, why tax those businesses? Farmers pay personal income taxes already, why tax their businesses too?

animal-husbandry businesses, that's another matter given the pollution they produce.



Best to let it out than trap it in.

There already is a tax on net profits of any company large or small.
 
White_Unifier
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by CaptainTrips View Post

There already is a tax on net profits of any company large or small.

I know. My implication was that we should drop taxes on businesses other than animal-husbandry, resource-extraction, and addictive products and services (such as casinos, alcohol, nicotine, etc.).

That said, we should drop taxes in principle, but not necessarily in practice. Right now, Provincial debt is out of control so maybe we can't afford to drop those taxes right now. However, the government should prioritize paying the debt with a view or a goal to eventually scrap all business taxes other than on less desirable businesses.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Has that really become Ontario's priority?

Alcohol, tobacco, and other vices are what the state should be targeting as means to pay off the debt.

The debt has largely been created by expensive social programs. The proper cure would be to tax these programs.
 
Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
#29
Conturd socialism on the march.


Ontario brewers that offer buck-a-beer may get LCBO incentives: source



https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-b...urce-1.4042442
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

I know. My implication was that we should drop taxes on businesses other than animal-husbandry, resource-extraction, and addictive products and services (such as casinos, alcohol, nicotine, etc.).

That said, we should drop taxes in principle, but not necessarily in practice. Right now, Provincial debt is out of control so maybe we can't afford to drop those taxes right now. However, the government should prioritize paying the debt with a view or a goal to eventually scrap all business taxes other than on less desirable businesses.

In reality there should be no business since all that does is increase the retail price of every purchase. THe only tax should be on shareholder income. This would significantly lower the cost of living and also eliminate a good number of expensive government employees.
 

Similar Threads

5
Gary, Indiana Homes Sell for a Buck
by Spade | Aug 18th, 2013
37
13
Buck Owens Dies at 76
by Said1 | Mar 26th, 2006
0
Man kills buck with bare hands in bedroom
by no1important | Nov 2nd, 2005