Yet Another Trudeau Bullshit Promise Fail.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+4
Trudeau, promising to restore the monthly payments to wounded veterans has managed to screw them anyway. The monthly amount they will receive is a paltry $200/mo with no extra payments or benefits for their spouses and children.
Or, they can still choose the lump sum payout.
Meanwhile we have a PM who cried about how he wasn't getting paid enough to violate federal law.

Sadly, this is yet another promise that the Trudeau govt has given themselves credit for keeping while not actually keeping said promise. It's the illusion of a kept promise and that's all that matters to that POS and the morons who worship him.

OpposingDigit
+1
I thought that this commentary was pretty good reading ....

Lament for Canada
By Michael Jabara Carley
January 29, 2018
https://www.strategic-culture.org/ne...or-canada.html

Trudeau fils is certainly not a chip off the old block

JamesBondo
+1
What a tool.

Murphy
Conservative
+5
#4  Top Rated Post
It would be hard for Justin to step into his father's shoes, but his failure shouldn't be a surprise. I doubt his dad's supporters expected a reincarnation - a new version of Pierre. Of course, that's what got the Liberals elected.

He was put into the job only because he was Pierre's son, and for no other reason. Most people, regardless of their politics, have since realized he's no politician. And everyone knows he's nothing like his father.

Lesson learned. Time to replace him.

JamesBondo
+1
nice hair

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
It's all in the high quality salon conditioner that he uses

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

It would be hard for Justin to step into his father's shoes, but his failure shouldn't be a surprise. I doubt his dad's supporters expected a reincarnation - a new version of Pierre. Of course, that's what got the Liberals elected.

He was put into the job only because he was Pierre's son, and for no other reason. Most people, regardless of their politics, have since realized he's no politician. And everyone knows he's nothing like his father.

Like his dad he is a light in the loafers dandy.

Hoid
Have we always given lump sum payments to veterans?

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Simply because of his father's dismal record it baffles me why anyone would have voted for him.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Have we always given lump sum payments to veterans?

Since before trudOWE anyway It has been offered to them.I know it was offered 10 years ago when I worked for DND.

Hoof Hearted
Take away Trudeau's cue cards and speech writers and you're left with the personality of a Cigar Store Wooden Indian.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Simply because of his father's dismal record it baffles me why anyone would have voted for him.

Q: Why did the man keep hitting his hand with a hammer?

A: 'Cause it felt so good when he stopped

Murphy
Conservative
Until 2006, veterans with a permanent disability received a monthly pension, based on their percentage of disability. In 2006, that was replaced with a lump sum payment.

The difficulty is that while service related injuries are still monitored and follow ups made, lump sum payments, to a maximum in 2016, of $310,000. At first blush, that money looked good, but accepting it meant that you had no more future claims. As well, if you are in your 20s or 30s, $310,000 doesn't go far. Among other things, the money was designed to pay for special equipment, prosthetics, physio-therapy and more.

That monthly pension wasn't "money for nothing". It was to help pay for expenses that would occur for the rest of that person's life. Soldiers missing limbs, eyes, their hearing, internal body parts that were blasted away, or severe disfigurements need support until they die.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/...e-will-like-it

Lump Sum Disability Award - Just the Facts - Veterans Affairs Canada

JamesBondo
$200 per months vs $310,000 lump sum payout? this is such a weird choice I'd sure like to see a link instead of relying on OP's post. This could be fake news.

Murphy
Conservative
The payout is based on your disability. You do not automatically get $310,000. Most guys get less. The max means you're basically unfit to work, and is not the standard payout.

Lose a finger, get a few thou. Lose a leg or your hearing, get more. Both legs or paralysis, even more, to a max, last year, of $360,000.

Your file goes to a tribunal that decides on the validity of your claim and they recommend the amount to pay out based on a disability list or chart. It's not a choice of $200/mo or $310,000.

The monthly pension amount, before 2006, was based on the same perimeters - degree of disability.

For a complete explanation, VAC can help you.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

$200 per months vs $310,000 lump sum payout? this is such a weird choice I'd sure like to see a link instead of relying on OP's post. This could be fake news.

obviously the numbers are not correct.

I believe these new veterans benefits lump sums came about under the Harper government. Part of the way he created the phony surplus.

Part of way the Vets Affairs people were able to shovel a few hundred mil back to Ottawa to create the wonderful surplus budget

Murphy
Conservative
Don't change the subject, MF. The question was benefits. I have explained them, and where they can be found.

Do the board a favour and dummy up, if you do not know about what's being discussed. You sound like a high school kid.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation

Liberals' new 'pension for life' for veterans fails to live up to campaign promises - CBC News | Opinion

Better?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

I'm pretty sure he was propped up by the women's vote!

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I'm pretty sure he was propped up by the women's vote!

Well yeah. He's a "feminist" with such dreamy hair.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
You know the thread that mimic the Trump failure threads are really sad.. it’s Whataboutism in its lowest form.. because they can’t defend Trump they try to divert

Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Well yeah. He's a "feminist" with such dreamy hair.

Jealous.. you’re going bald and using bucket loads of Rogaine.

JamesBondo
thanks. im sorru i asked
i trust you more than the cbc.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

You know the thread that mimic the Trump failure threads are really sad.. it’s Whataboutism in its lowest form.. because they can’t defend Trump they try to divert

Jealous.. you’re going bald and using bucket loads of Rogaine.

I wish there was some way we could trade him for Trump.

Hoid
No reason to look any further than Mr Harper for this mistreatment of our veterans.

You should have been asking these questions when he decided to implement this change.

Trudeau can't fix every mistake Harper made overnight. There are simply too many of them. It will take years to undo the damage.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Yeah Harper didn't have time to fix all of Chretien's and UNTruedoH! senior's boob oohs either.

JamesBondo

No reason to look any further than Mr Harper for this mistreatment of our veterans.

You should have been asking these questions when he decided to implement this change.

Trudeau can't fix every mistake Harper made overnight. There are simply too many of them. It will take years to undo the damage.

you are so desperate to blame Harper, I'm am starting to feel embarrassed for you.

The CBC headline makes it quite clear that it is a Liberal program...

Quote:

Liberals' new 'pension for life' for veterans fails to live up to campaign promises

Hoid

you are so desperate to blame Harper, I'm am starting to feel embarrassed for you.

The CBC headline makes it quite clear that it is a Liberal program...

The Harper government spent ten years attacking veteran's affairs as a cash cow,

Closed all the offices, fired 900 people, declared Afghanistan vets ineligible for lifetime annuities like every other vet since WWI, eliminated services and clawed back benefits.

Desperate to blame Harper for what?

For what he did.

I forget this is a thread about Trudeau not undoing the damage that pear-shaped loser did.

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+5
You know I simply don't understand what it is the government objects to by giving Vets who have been injured serving their country, the benefits they require. I simply don't understand. I don't care if it was Chretien, Harper or Trudeau who was in power, Canadians owe their disabled Veterans - who wouldn't have been injured had the government not sent them in harms way and yes, for life. It's not as though you can grow back a limb or regrow ears to hear better or transplant eyes (maybe at some point in the future but not now to my knowledge).

I am disgusted at how this file has been treated by ALL governments and we need it to stop!

Guess my brother (who was given a medical discharge because he was injured) was lucky as he gets a monthly pension and is treated quite well and gets pretty much anything he needs (mobility scooter, therapy, funds for household maintenance (snow removal and lawn cutting) etc. He tells me that his Worker for VA is awesome.

But maybe they're referring to money over and above the medical pension? And, I don't know what will happen when he turns 65 - will his medical pension be cut back? Guess I'm kinda confused.

Dix

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
I'm not sure why people whine after the fact. The rules were in place before they joined and/or went overseas. Clearly the rules were acceptable enough to encourage people to go.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I'm not sure why people whine after the fact. The rules were in place before they joined and/or went overseas. Clearly the rules were acceptable enough to encourage people to go.

That's not really true. We sent our professional army, a lot if whom were career soldiers who had been in a long time and a long time before the rules changed. It is striking, to me anyway, how many of the fallen in Afghanistan were around 40.

JamesBondo
+2

Desperate to blame Harper for what?

For Trudeau's new program.

I forget this is a thread about Trudeau not undoing the damage that pear-shaped loser did.

Wrong, this is 2018, it is time for you to start reading headlines, and titles..."Re: Yet Another Trudeau Bullshit Promise Fail." If you could just set your blue pill induced hatred aside long enough to read just one CBC news article, you would see that this new program is Trudeau's new program.