Winter Olympics 2018's threaten

highsticky
This must where a subs like eight years back in CC?

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
highsticky

highsticky
GROUP A
Canada
Czech Republic
South Korea
Switzerland

GROUP B
Russia
Slovakia
Slovenia
USA

GROUP C
Finland
Sweden
Germany
Norway

Hockey torunament.

Mowich
Team Canada ROCKED the Figure Skating events at the 2018 Olympics taking Gold. Long before Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir took the the ice for their top of the charts ice dance routine, Canada had the Gold medals in their pockets after Gabrielle Daleman put Canada over the top and out of reach of their nearest competitors - the Olympic athletes from Russia. Patrick Chan's skate was simply icing on the celebratory cake. Well done Team Canada.

Canada currently sits tied for second in the medal standings.

Cliffy
+6
#5  Top Rated Post

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by highsticky View Post

GROUP A
Canada
Czech Republic
South Korea
Switzerland

GROUP B
Russia
Slovakia
Slovenia
USA

GROUP C
Finland
Sweden
Germany
Norway

Hockey torunament.

Canada seems to have a week division. Group A looks pretty weak except for the Checks.

Mowich
Kaitlyn Lawes and John Morris won Gold at the Mixed Doubles curling event last night defeating the defending World Champion curlers, Jenny Perret and Martin Rios of Switzerland 10 - 3 in the final. Rock on Kaitlyn and John...........well done.

The Canadian Women's Hockey team defeated Finland 4 - 1 for their second victory of the tournament.

Decapoda
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Every now and then Cliffy, you post something that makes me laugh with you, not at you. It's rare, but it happens.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

Every now and then Cliffy, you post something that makes me laugh with you, not at you. It's rare, but it happens.

I gave him a thumbs up for the photo, Decapoda as it made me laugh too.

gopher
+1
So kool to see Americans Chloe Kim & Shaun White win Gold in snowboard half pipe.

gopher
watching USA v Canada in womens ice hockey ~ Canadians playing the game like it's rugby but that's the fun

Hoof Hearted
The Canadian women's hockey team played a boy's recreational Midget hockey team and lost. A team of 14-15 year olds beat them. And we're calling them Olympians??

gopher
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

The Canadian women's hockey team played a boy's recreational Midget hockey team and lost. A team of 14-15 year olds beat them. And we're calling them Olympians??

This is generally true in soccer as well. But once those medals are awarded you cannot help but be proud of them.

gopher
Those of us in Gopherland absolutely adore Lindsey Vonn. Sadly, she came in 5th in tonight's Super G.

Kreskin
Canadian curlers aren't performing too well. If things don't turn around quickly I recommend they return to their "tankard" roots and drink more beer.

Mowich
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Canadian curlers aren't performing too well. If things don't turn around quickly I recommend they return to their "tankard" roots and drink more beer.

BOO!

Team Canada is behind 2 points late in the 7th end playing against Team Switzerland. They gave up four in the first end and I almost lost it. However, Koe and Co have been fighting back and are in danger of stealing a point or two. It's a single and they now trail by only one point going into the 8th end. Thing is they had to give up the hammer in the even end. If they can't steal in the 9th, I wouldn't be surprised to see them blank it and take the hammer to the 10th. Of course, it all depends on what the Swiss will get up. They've been playing very well - perhaps too well at times.

Even though they lost to Sweden it was a great game all the way. Nik Edin is on fire this year. He's winning everything. I expected a good game and was happy to get one.

Tecumsehsbones
+2
"Curling? That's not a sport, that's housework!"

-- Callum Keith Rennie as Det. Ray Vecchio Kowalski, Due South

Mowich
Well there you go, the Swiss ended up blanking the 8th end and will take the hammer into the 9th.

GO CANADA GO!

Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

And in that he was exactly right. It really is all about sweeping the rocks into the house and that can be very hard housework indeed.

Darn it, they dropped this one too - back to back losses now. On the other hand, the women's version of Team Canada laid a huge beating on the USA.

Kreskin
WTF was the third doing in the 10th? Gave him a gift double.

Mowich
+1
Whoa that was tense. The Swiss team appeared to have the game in hand until the 9th when Team Canada scored three to trail by 1 point. The Swiss had a chance to tie in the 10th to go to an extra end but great set-up shots by Team Canada and a heavy rock by the Swiss skip and Team Canada stole 2 for the win. Whew..........that was close.

Mowich
Our ladies appear to be back in form, Kreskin. Team Japan came into their match with our ladies today at 4 and 1 but bowed out in the 7th end after Team Canada scored a deuce in that end to lead by, I believe it was 6 points. Lisa was curling at 100%. Joanne got her groove back and Rach was spot on with her draws, calls and take-outs. Happy to see our ladies get another one.

Edit: Correction - Team Canada won by 6 points over Team Japan

Canada currently sits in 3rd place in the medal count with 5 Gold, 5 Silver and 6 Bronze. Not sure if Alex Beaulieu-Marchand's Bronze in the slope-style skiing event has been added to the count yet.

83.67 That's the score given by the judges to Tessa and Scott in the short dance portion of the figure skating competition. It is the highest score ever given for the short dance in Olympic history. They were absolutely breath taking to watch on the ice tonight.
Last edited by Mowich; Feb 18th, 2018 at 09:28 PM..

gopher
CBC airs nip slip:

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v =jucYCRhy2wA

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

CBC airs nip slip:

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v =jucYCRhy2wA

They even had a close-up. I was rather surprised that the Italians didn't get demerit.

Blackleaf
Britain got a gold the other day.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I curl. It's a sport, much like darts and cribbage are sports

Mowich
In the curling events today, the men's Team Canada improved their chances of reaching the medal round by beating Team Japan 8 - 4 in the 9th end of play. Kevin played much better curling 98%. Marc, Brent and Ben were all in the high 80's. A much better game by Team Canada though Team Japan did aid them a bit with uncharacteristic misses on their draws and take-outs.

bill barilko
[youtube]jucYCRhy2wA[/youtube]

Hoid
+1
Cassie Sharpe from Comox just won gold in the half pipe.

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

[youtube]jucYCRhy2wA[/youtube]

The Olympic committee has blocked the video, as they should.

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir had to have the skate of their lives tonight to beat their nearest rivals from France ...........and they laid it down with such class it was mesmerizing........and in achieving their goal.............they won GOLD!!!!!! They also set another Olympic record with their score. I will miss them so very much. They have represented us with honor and joy. They are true Champions. I could not be happier for both of them.

Hoid
+1
They had a great program. Really head and shoulders above the competition - although I may be a little biased.