Court Rules Against Monsanto, Allows California To Put Cancer Warning On*Roundup

B00Mer
Court Rules Against Monsanto, Allows California To Put Cancer Warning On*Roundup

Court Rules Against Monsanto, Allows California To Put Cancer Warning On Roundup « CBS13 | CBS Sacramento

Danbones
Well ain't that going back to nature

you don't need illegal Mexicans to pick weeds

MHz
So they print it in a language not understood by the workers but the owners can? That about sum it up. Must have been the tobacco industry lawyers handling the case.

No old folks to pay pensions to as no hired hand lives past 40.

TenPenny
Weird; I bought a rubber garden hose that had a warning that it contained materials that are known in California to cause cancer. Why roundup wouldn't be rated the same, I don't know.

Cliffy
This will cut into Petroglyph's profit margin.

MHz
A bit of ink, I'm quite sure a modest price increase to the customers will ease the pain a bit.

Hoid
You used to have to have to jump through all sorts of hoops to get your hands on roundup. Now any jackass can buy it by the gallon at Costco.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

This will cut into Petroglyph's profit margin.

F-ck no. Buyers demand Roundup ready. 1, just 1 invasive seed of kosha, mustard, thistle or any of the blacklisted seed in a ship of 50,000 tonnes will be denied docking in a port and sent back.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

You used to have to have to jump through all sorts of hoops to get your hands on roundup. Now any jackass can buy it by the gallon at Costco.

Consumer grade.

TenPenny

Yeah, when I was a kid, in the barn at the cottage was a can of DDT that my grandmother had.

petros
For what? Grasshoppers?

TenPenny
For what? I don't know. She's dead now. Maybe you could ask her. DDT was a common pesticide back then.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Weird; I bought a rubber garden hose that had a warning that it contained materials that are known in California to cause cancer. Why roundup wouldn't be rated the same, I don't know.

Good thing the hose isn't used to water your garden. The plastic travel mugs come from the same place and the plastic is just as toxic. One with a stainless steel liner should be a heritage item.

Guess why they quit doing this?? (other than the experiment was over)

Curious Cdn
+1
#13  Top Rated Post

Yeah, when I was a kid, in the barn at the cottage was a can of DDT that my grandmother had.

My uncle and grandfather were fruit farmers in the Niagara region. The old log "farmstead" house circa 1800 (eventually replaced by a really nice Victorian house) was full of poisons for spray. I remember seeing a pile of sacks of Arsenic of Lead, there. I don't know which crop it was used on ... apples? ... peaches? ... cherries? ... plums? There was probably DDT there, as well.

Nobody had heard the term "organic" at that point in our history. That, mixed with the Strontium 90 that I ingested as an infant from my mother's milk and the asbestos that surrounded me while I slept in the Navy has probably rendered me as toxic waste. They'll have to clear the neighbourhood for blocks when they cremate my corpus.

MHz
The place I grew up in AB was organic up till about 1960 and that is when the change to fertilizer raised crops became the norm or your yield wouln't pay the bills. It is now canola from horizon to horizon.

Hoid

For what? I don't know. She's dead now. Maybe you could ask her. DDT was a common pesticide back then.

DDT was a delousing agent. People bathed in it.

Danbones
Waddya mean "was"?

I think its still in use in a lot of places

In September 2006, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared its support for the indoor use of DDT in African countries where malaria remains a major health problem, citing that benefits of the pesticide outweigh the health and environmental risks.

The WHO position is consistent with the Stockholm Convention on POPs, which bans DDT for all uses except for malaria control.

DDT is one of 12 pesticides recommended by the WHO for indoor residual spray programs. It is up to individual countries to decide whether or not to use DDT.

EPA works with other agencies and countries to advise them on how DDT programs are developed and monitored, with the goal that DDT be used only within the context of programs referred to as Integrated Vector Management.

EXIT IVM is a decison-making process for use of resources to yield the best possible results in vector control, and that it be kept out of agricultural sectors.
https://www.epa.gov/ingredients-used...ory-and-status

MHz

DDT was a delousing agent. People bathed in it.

So was Zyklon-B .
[youtube]4iI0qAIaJDM[/youtube]
Zyklon B tested on humans

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

My uncle and grandfather were fruit farmers in the Niagara region. The old log "farmstead" house circa 1800 (eventually replaced by a really nice Victorian house) was full of poisons for spray. I remember seeing a pile of sacks of Arsenic of Lead, there. I don't know which crop it was used on ... apples? ... peaches? ... cherries? ... plums? There was probably DDT there, as well.

Nobody had heard the term "organic" at that point in our history. That, mixed with the Strontium 90 that I ingested as an infant from my mother's milk and the asbestos that surrounded me while I slept in the Navy has probably rendered me as toxic waste. They'll have to clear the neighbourhood for blocks when they cremate my corpus.

The arsenic would have been used before DDT was invented. DDT replaced it in the late 40s.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Waddya mean "was"?

I think its still in use in a lot of places

In September 2006, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared its support for the indoor use of DDT in African countries where malaria remains a major health problem, citing that benefits of the pesticide outweigh the health and environmental risks.

The WHO position is consistent with the Stockholm Convention on POPs, which bans DDT for all uses except for malaria control.

DDT is one of 12 pesticides recommended by the WHO for indoor residual spray programs. It is up to individual countries to decide whether or not to use DDT.

EPA works with other agencies and countries to advise them on how DDT programs are developed and monitored, with the goal that DDT be used only within the context of programs referred to as Integrated Vector Management.

EXIT IVM is a decison-making process for use of resources to yield the best possible results in vector control, and that it be kept out of agricultural sectors.
https://www.epa.gov/ingredients-used...ory-and-status

Mosquitos kill a lot of people in several different ways. They had no choice but go back to DDT as skeeters became resistant to other pesticides.

MHz
More than pesticides?? I doubt that very much.
Humans didn't, bats and birds are our best skeeter control method. Probably why they use the pesticide, reduce their numbers so they spay that shit around everyplace but where they live.

A solution of 1% hydrogen peroxide with some borax in it will cure mange and it is very safe so that could also be used on kids when they get head lice rather than using the pesticide they use today. If it works on mites it will work on mosquitoes but there is no profit to be made for the Monsanto shareholders. Nor can the insects develop immunity.

petros
1 million a year from skeeters.

You are thinking ants with that mix.

MHz
Borax and white sugar at 50/50 mixture will do in whole ant colonies. I was suggesting this mixture be sprayed the way DDT was, especially around standing water. You could probably even leave out the peroxide. Pure soap is not a health risk to humans.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

1 million a year from skeeters.

You are thinking ants with that mix.

How about just in Canada as including Africa might not be taking all the factors into account.

petros
Still won't work for skeeters.

MHz
Borax in standing water would kill the larva, so would a couple of goldfish. I'll stick with bats and small birds as being the best skeeter eliminators. (then people would complain about the shit falling from the sky)

Dixie Cup
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Borax in standing water would kill the larva, so would a couple of goldfish. I'll stick with bats and small birds as being the best skeeter eliminators. (then people would complain about the shit falling from the sky)

And Dragon Flies - they love their skeeters!!

Highball
Good! Now I hope the Courts rule in favor of Arkansas also in their issues causing Monsanto to file suit against that state too.

Hoid
DDT was a great product other than the killing you part.

It's a shame we can't use it anymore.

Halon gas is the same thing. Best fire extinguisher ever made but also bad for you.