Jagmeet Singh wants to be the next Prime Minister.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation

Jagmeet Singh, Ontario MPP and deputy leader of the Ontario NDP, has entered the race to become the leader of the federal NDP.

The 38 year old has been MPP for Bramalea—Gore—Malton since 2011, and became deputy leader of the provincial NDP in 2015.

He was the first turban-wearing Sikh to sit as a provincial legislator in Ontario, as well as the first to hold a deputy leader position in Canada.

Announcing his bid for the federal NDP leadership in a Facebook live broadcast, Singh, a former trial lawyer, said he was proud to join the race.

“Nobody should be made to feel like they don’t belong, we need to build a Canada, an inclusive Canada where everyone can realize their dreams,” said Singh.

“That’s what drove me in law, that’s what drew me to public life, that’s what draws me to be your leader, and that’s what drives me to be your prime minister.”

Although currently elected in Ontario, Singh has also campaigned for provincial NDP candidates in Alberta, British Columbia, and Manitoba.

“Over the years I’ve had the privilege, the honour to travel throughout the country and meet people from all walks of life,” said Singh.

“People are hungry for new leadership in this country, they’re hungry for new leadership in our party.”

Singh cited his biggest influence in life as his mother, who he says taught him that we are all connected.

“If one person is suffering, we are all suffering… If we lift up the people around us, we all rise,” he said.

“At the core of every New Democrat, there is an intense drive to fight inequality,” said Singh.

“The defining feature of the NDP of every New Democrat is we’re not only offended by inequality, we put everything we have into fighting against it.”

source

I'm here for the comments..

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Every little boy in the Punjab dreams of becoming Prime Minister of Canada.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Meh, you're still butt hurt that Obama lasted 8 years as President

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1
Good for him. I wish him well.

JamesBondo
+2
LoL. Clearly he needs to sellect a different party if he wants to be prime minister.

Vbeacher
I expectantly await all the ridicule that will be heaped upon him because he is a visibly devoted religious man - you know, like was heaped on Stockwell Day for his 'weird' religious beliefs? Shall we call him Mr. "Holy hair"? I mean, surely his belief that his hair is holy and that God doesn't want it to ever be cut is worth more humour than Stockwell Day's belief in the age of the earth.

Durry
This funny colored turbaned dude is a joke.
But the NDs are a joke so I guess he fits right in.

Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Every Punjab dream is to be in charge of the White guy and tell him what to do, even to do the heavy lifting to protect the Punjabies

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

This funny colored turbaned dude is a joke.
But the NDs are a joke so I guess he fits right in.

Every Punjab dream is to be in charge of the White guy and tell him what to do, even to do the heavy lifting to protect the Punjabies

Found the racist in the group.. WTF dude.

[youtube]wtyPgo9SOXI[/youtube]

He just has to get an NDP Orange turban

Durry
Any man that has to wear his religion on him at all times is a useless coward.
He has to have a crutch to get thru the day,,,, useless!!

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation

Tell that to every Catholic who wears a cross around their neck..

Durry
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Tell that to every Catholic who wears a cross around their neck..

Doesn't wear it all the time, even the Priest doesn't wear it all the time,,,,,dumbo!!

Whenever I go into a store and a clerk approches me to offer help, I tell them I am offended by someone coming up to me and putting their religion in my face, I tell them I'm not offending them and I wish they would not offend me.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation

Doesn't wear it all the time, even the Priest doesn't wear it all the time,,,,,dumbo!!

Whenever I go into a store and a clerk approches me to offer help, I tell them I am offended by someone coming up to me and putting their religion in my face, I tell them I'm not offending them and I wish they would not offend me.

Your stupidity and ignorance offends me..

Sikhs are supposed to keep their heads covered when in public, they take off the turban to shower and sleep and at home.. so no they don't wear it all the time either.

Vbeacher

Your stupidity and ignorance offends me..

Sikhs are supposed to keep their heads covered when in public, they take off the turban to shower and sleep and at home.. so no they don't wear it all the time either.

Their turban has nothing to do with keeping their heads covered. They're not allowed to cut their hair and they need to wrap it up so it doesn't drag along the ground.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1

True.... Far better to commit it to print so everyone knows you're an asshole

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1

And a person who has to display his bigotry in every post is worse than a coward.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Vbeacher View Post

Their turban has nothing to do with keeping their heads covered. They're not allowed to cut their hair and they need to wrap it up so it doesn't drag along the ground.

WHAT IS THE SIKH RELIGIOUSLY MANDATED DRESS CODE?

Sikhism has a code of conduct all Sikhs are meant to follow. A Sikh is expected to keep all hair intact and the head covered. The rule of dress for every Sikh man is to wear a turban. The Sikh woman may wear a turban or elect instead to wear a kind of traditional headscarf. A woman may also wear a scarf over a turban if she so desires. A Sikh accustomed to wearing a turban feels naked without it. Normally turbans are only removed in the most intimate of circumstances, when bathing the head, or washing the hair.

Source (enjoy)

[youtube]AsJO40JOhfI[/youtube]

The guys seems to be a smart fella. I don't see any reason why he couldn't become Prime Minister, outside the fact that there is a lot of racism in Canada, even if Canadians don't want to own up to it and admit facts, and it's the NDP.

Vbeacher

WHAT IS THE SIKH RELIGIOUSLY MANDATED DRESS CODE?

The guys seems to be a smart fella. I don't see any reason why he couldn't become Prime Minister, outside the fact that there is a lot of racism in Canada, even if Canadians don't want to own up to it and admit facts, and it's the NDP.

If it doesn't bother you that he thinks his hair is holy. Man, it must smell under that turban.

Durry
Any person that has grown up and educated in the West and then believes that by wearing a rag on their heads that this is going to please and receive guidance from some mythical God is totally crazy and should be on meds full time.

And anybody who believes that this kind of person should be elected a government office is equally crazy and totally stupid.

Mokkajava

I assume the clerk in your scenario is of another ethnicity...

I throw people like you out of the store. I don't feel the need to provide service to a racist bigot with a threatening attitude towards my employees.

Durry
If Sikhs weren't so stupid they would realize that their dependence on their stupid religion has held them back from progressing in a western society.
Most Sikhs only achieve low level jobs like taxi drivers and berry pickers.

If this ridiculous rag on their heads gave them any advantage they would achieve higher levels of achievements in Western societies.
So stupid, indeed.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
Yet ... he's in a place where you're not even qualified to lick boots. Go figure....

Corduroy

I expectantly await all the ridicule that will be heaped upon him because he is a visibly devoted religious man

You didn't have to wait long.

DaSleeper

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
Your interpretation, Mr Meme. I hold organized religion in the same esteem that I respect in political parties, gangs, monopoly businesses and unions.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation

If it doesn't bother you that he thinks his hair is holy. Man, it must smell under that turban.

Jagmeet Singh is a Canadian and has every right to try and become Prime Minister of Canada..

Setting aside your racist views because of his his ethnicity and religion, he is far and above where you will ever be in life.

taxslave
Free Thinker

Jagmeet Singh is a Canadian and has every right to try and become Prime Minister of Canada..

Setting aside your racist views because of his his ethnicity and religion, he is far and above where you will ever be in life.

Except that he is a dipper. FRom Ontariowe. Not electable.

Durry
Yes, any moron can be PM of Canada, all you need is a bunch of Liberal Lefties voting for them and vola, you got a moron PM

Just look at the moron PM we have now, big debt and high unemployment.

All we need now is a bearded moron wearing a rag on his head that believes he is guided by some mythical God to be our next PM.
Lefties like voting for the Losers in our society.

Kreskin
+1

Jagmeet Singh, Ontario MPP and deputy leader of the Ontario NDP, has entered the race to become the leader of the federal NDP.

The 38 year old has been MPP for Bramalea—Gore—Malton since 2011, and became deputy leader of the provincial NDP in 2015.

He was the first turban-wearing Sikh to sit as a provincial legislator in Ontario, as well as the first to hold a deputy leader position in Canada.

Announcing his bid for the federal NDP leadership in a Facebook live broadcast, Singh, a former trial lawyer, said he was proud to join the race.

“Nobody should be made to feel like they don’t belong, we need to build a Canada, an inclusive Canada where everyone can realize their dreams,” said Singh.

“That’s what drove me in law, that’s what drew me to public life, that’s what draws me to be your leader, and that’s what drives me to be your prime minister.”

Although currently elected in Ontario, Singh has also campaigned for provincial NDP candidates in Alberta, British Columbia, and Manitoba.

“Over the years I’ve had the privilege, the honour to travel throughout the country and meet people from all walks of life,” said Singh.

“People are hungry for new leadership in this country, they’re hungry for new leadership in our party.”

Singh cited his biggest influence in life as his mother, who he says taught him that we are all connected.

“If one person is suffering, we are all suffering… If we lift up the people around us, we all rise,” he said.

“At the core of every New Democrat, there is an intense drive to fight inequality,” said Singh.

“The defining feature of the NDP of every New Democrat is we’re not only offended by inequality, we put everything we have into fighting against it.”

source

I'm here for the comments..

Make Canada Great Again!

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1

Yes, any moron can be PM of Canada, all you need is a bunch of Liberal Lefties voting for them and vola, you got a moron PM

Just look at the moron PM we have now, big debt and high unemployment.

All we need now is a bearded moron wearing a rag on his head that believes he is guided by some mythical God to be our next PM.
Lefties like voting for the Losers in our society.

Then why aren't YOU PM?

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Except that he is a dipper. FRom Ontariowe. Not electable.

Yeah, people in Western Canada and Ontario, and Quebec, would never vote NDP.