What Smartphone application couldn't you do without?

DaSleeper
Technology has advanced so much, and made our life so much easier that it seems we couldn't live without it.
One such application I have been using for years.....started with the palm pilot 20 years ago was a form of digital checkbook recording system...
With the advent of the IPod, I started using a more advanced app called... "Accounts"

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/acco...289261493?mt=8

That app along with my bank app are the two I use the most....makes it a lot easier to stay on budget
I rarely carry any cash unless I'm on the road...
Around town, It's only coffee money I carry...
What is your favorite app!

Amy_Bros
Facebook is my favorite app

Curious Cdn
The Death Ray that I downloaded from GoogleApps. I use it all of the time.

Hoid
i use the clock a lot

petros
AgMobile.

AgMobile is the most complete app for accessing commodity markets, news and weather on-the-go from the convenience of your mobile device.

Cannuck
Farm labourers don't need Agmobile.

The Calendar is the only one I need

Bar Sinister
+2
#7  Top Rated Post
I don't have a so-called smartphone. If they were really smart we'd have a lot more intelligent posters at CC.

Cliffy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

I don't have a so-called smartphone. If they were really smart we'd have a lot more intelligent posters at CC.

I don't have one either. They are called smartphones because they are smarter than their users. I have a stupid phone - an old push button antique with an answering machine to monitor my calls. I hate phones as it is. I could never wrap my mind around disembodied voices talking to me through a piece of plastic.

Murphy
+1
But if you have a medical condition, you should be carrying one.

Danbones
Yeah, but you can dial 911 from any charged phone, hooked up or not...

but by the way they spy on you, it's funny they don't call an ambulance themselves.

DaSleeper
+1
I like the feature that if you're driving, you can't receive or send unless you have Bluetooth in your car...
The one drawback is if my car is warming up in the winter and I'm inside the house, the bluetooth range is such that it will ring in the car not on the phone...but the odds of that happening are pretty slim!

Johnnny
I wouldn't be able to survive without my iFart app.

petros
I set mine to reply saying I'm driving.

Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

I wouldn't be able to survive without my iFart app.

So the iPon will be stuffed up pussies to keep the purse hand free.

JLM
I'm pretty sure I could do quite well without the whole shiteree. There's more to life than sitting and staring at that f**king thing 24/7.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You just need the app. that says "kindly f**k off".

Johnnny

So the iPon will be stuffed up pussies to keep the purse hand free.

Says the "Old Fart"

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Technology has advanced so much, and made our life so much easier that it seems we couldn't live without it.
One such application I have been using for years.....started with the palm pilot 20 years ago was a form of digital checkbook recording system...
With the advent of the IPod, I started using a more advanced app called... "Accounts"

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/acco...289261493?mt=8

That app along with my bank app are the two I use the most....makes it a lot easier to stay on budget
I rarely carry any cash unless I'm on the road...
Around town, It's only coffee money I carry...
What is your favorite app!

Gmail, Google Chrome, WhatsApp, and Skype among others. We always seem to take the basics for granted.

Johnnny
+1
A smart man once said.

"You cant trust someone who relies on the use apps to get through the day" -Abraham Lincoln

White_Unifier

A smart man once said.

"You cant trust someone who relies on the use apps to get through the day" -Abraham Lincoln

Riiiigggghhhht.

hunterclail1221
Clock and Facebook!

JLM
Probably better off without any of them. They are obsessions that are robbing people of a useful existence!

Johnnny
+1
Abraham Lincoln was a smart man who I respect because he never used any apps on his iPhone.

petros
A telegraph app might be handy.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Probably better off without any of them. They are obsessions that are robbing people of a useful existence!

You should know that Cliffy would be lost without Facebook

petros

You should know that Cliffy would be lost without Facebook

650,000t of CO2 per year comes from Fascistbook users.

Cliff is waaaaaay above the average user. He is killing Mama Gaia with memes.

DaSleeper
I like the Find my car app when we're out shopping in Toronto

petros

I like the Find my car app when we're out shopping in Toronto

Google Maps has a parking feature.

DaSleeper
+1

Google Maps has a parking feature.

I've used that too, but find my car is simpler and also uses google maps....

Johnnny
I'm trying to find a good tsx app but so far that's been a struggle. Yahoo finances couldn't cut it because I can't clear there notifications from my lock screen.

petros

I'm trying to find a good tsx app but so far that's been a struggle. Yahoo finances couldn't cut it because I can't clear there notifications from my lock screen.

You can turn notifications off in the app settings.

Johnnny

You can turn notifications off in the app settings.

At least on the version i had the notification stayed there after i cleared it from the lock screen and after i turned off notifications in the settings...