California Confirms 'Roundup' Will Be Labeled "Cancer Causing"

darkbeaver
+1
Monsanto Stunned - California Confirms 'Roundup' Will Be Labeled "Cancer Causing"

California just dealt Monsanto a blow as the state’s Environmental Protection Agency will now list glyphosate - the toxic main ingredient in the U.S.’ best-selling weedkiller, Roundup - as known to cause cancer.

petros
And?

Frankiedoodle
Is Monsanto really that surprised or surprised that the EPA is doing something about it.

AnnaG
+1
Well, it wouldn't surprise me if Monsanto knew that already. But either way, who in their right mind would ingest or inhale it in the first place? Or even handle it without gloves?

Oh, yeah, I forgot, sheeple need to be told about hazards because they can't think for themselves. Humans need warnings that stoves may be hot, there's a risk of falling if climbing ladders, etc.

petros
It's been known for 45 years.

AnnaG
+1
Well, there ya go.
Maybe Cali is just too laid back.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

And?

your barley is next.

petros
Next for what?

darkbeaver
+1

Next for what?

Banning elimination from the F chain, it is unfit for consumption.

petros
Is it really?

darkbeaver
+2 / -1

Is it really?

The Germans have confirmed it, the Russians have confirmed it, the Chinese have confirmed it, Scotland has confirmed it. It has been confirmed. Proven beyond any doubt. India will soon confirm it. Monsanto should be drawn and quartered.

petros
+1
Link it up darkpoopsie.

darkbeaver

Link it up darkpoopsie.

I f you want something to play with reach into the box with your own hand. I am not your goddamn butler.

Frankiedoodle
the chemical salesman came to farm once and to prove to us that Roundup was safe, he drank some. This would have been about 25 to 30 years ago. I have often wondered how he died. A more important point for me is that we used it. My kids Dad was the only one who sprayed. He used rubber gloves and a rubber apron but wore a ball cap and leather type boots. He is in his early 60's and no longer farms. I just despised spraying time.

petros
Why?

Frankiedoodle
Why what?

petros
Why does it upset you?

Frankiedoodle
+1
I am not a fool. Chemicals that kill weeds, can kill people. He had to break the seal on the container then pour it into the tank. If there was any kind of a breeze he would be driving into it, every other round. The rest of his family (my father-in-law and his other son) refused to spray. When I was pregnant with my son for some asinine reason I leaned on the sprayer and spent the next 4 months wondering about birth defects. As a result of all this I would not let my son do any of the spraying. No matter how I felt about it his father was not going to do any different. Roundup is very effective.

petros
+1
Paranoia isn't valid.

Frankiedoodle
if you make a mistake with farm chemicals, we farmed 1800 acres so dealt with a lot of poison. I rather erred on the side of caution. We had a friend who could see no problem with the effective use of gasoline to clean his hands at the end of the day. Certainly made his hands clean.

petros
What is the LD 50 on glyosphate?

TOXICOLOGICAL EFFECTS
Acute Toxicity
Glyphosate is a moderately toxic herbicide and carries the signal word WARNING on the label. Even though the LD50 values show the compound to be relatively non-toxic it can cause significant eye irritation. The toxicity of the technical product (glyphosate) and the formulated product (Roundup) is nearly the same. The acute oral LD50 in the rat is 5,600 mg/kg. Other oral LD50 values for glyphosate are 1,538 to greater than 10,000 mg/kg for mice, rabbits mg/kg, and goats (1, 5).
In a number of human volunteers, patch tests produced no visible skin changes or sensitization.

Glyphosate

Please don't have anymore children. They deserve a fighting chance.

Frankiedoodle
+1
I thought it was the gut most affected.

You will be relieved to know that I won't have anymore children. If so they will have to write another book in the Bible. However I will be having a new grandchild early in the new year.

petros
Congrats. Be sure to keep them away from windex, CLR, or Tide. They are as deadly as roundup.

Frankiedoodle
Thanks. Not much danger in me using any of those. Enjoyed the discussion.

darkbeaver
And you'd drink a pint of any one of them, wouldn't you." In a number of human volunteers" a number like four, maybe seven, fourty two,
fifty three point two

And note that the volunteers were human as opposed to the usual volunteer rats.hahahahahah

petros
+2
Nor is there any greater risk in using Roundup. Stay clean and enjoy the dead noxious weed.

darkbeaver
Bees hate it, lots of cattle mutations, it's in human breast milk, fish, the air. Cannibis could fix your lazy brain cells Peter.

petros
But no more toxic than Tide.

Keep trying darkpoopsie.

darkbeaver
How many boxes of tide have you consumned? Were you a human volunteer or did they trick you with cheeze?

petros
Hard to say, we use Cheer.