2018 CFL Season

Mowich
The RBs might be trailing the Bombers 17 - 22 right now but Lewis Ward just made history with his 40th consecutive FG. ROCK ON LEWIS.......WTG lad. Rene Paredes of the Stumps previously held the record at 39 but Lewis tied hin then went ahead with his third of the day. First rookie kicker in the history of the CFL to do so.

Mowich
RBs losing on the field and in the penalty department - close to 150 penalty yards so far and they just committed two back-to-back 15-yarders that ended with another Bomber TD.

11:17 in the 4th - Bombers lead 29 - 17. Andrew Harris is having himself one helluva night. Weston's in the stats with 3 TDs.

Mowich
RBs coming roaring back to score a TD followed by a 2-point convert and with :12 left in the game.............we're all tied up folks............... :07 to go now and as the Bombers take a knee .........we are going to OT.

What a show of guts and determination. 32- 32 going into OT.

GO Redblacks ......................GO!

Mowich
Bombers get first possession and take the lead with a TD and 2-point convert...............now the Redblacks have to match them.

Mowich
174 yards in penalties and still the RBs fought their way back to sit at 3 and 9 ...........get the D by a nose......unreal..................at the Winnipeg 16................ah shit............ball fumbled in the end zone by Sinopoli ..........Bombers recover and put another W on the board. Heck of a game...............helluva a finish......CFL at it's best tonight.

Final Score: Bombers 40 - Redblack 32

Lewis Ward is my MVP tonight..............though many on both sides of the ball were also worth.

Twin_Moose
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Rumour has it 2020 Grey Cup will be in Regina.
Sounds good to me as a Riders shareholder.
I stand by opinion that Mosaic Stadium still isn't big enough. We'd still sell out nearly every home game if they had built 40,000 seat full bowl stadium instead of just 33,000 and a horseshoe design.

What I have read is they have a structure to close in the South end and temporary seating to seat up to 44,000 including filling in the Pilsner zone option.

Twin_Moose
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

174 yards in penalties and still the RBs fought their way back to sit at 3 and 9 ...........get the D by a nose......unreal..................at the Winnipeg 16................ah shit............ball fumbled in the end zone by Sinopoli ..........Bombers recover and put another W on the board. Heck of a game...............helluva a finish......CFL at it's best tonight.
Final Score: Bombers 40 - Redblack 32
Lewis Ward is my MVP tonight..............though many on both sides of the ball were also worth.

I was pulling for the RB oh well Bomber dreams are still alive

Mowich
Looks like BC is going to wrap up another win. They lead 26 to 16 with just over 2:36 left in the last quarter. Bethel-Thompson was intercepted 4x in the game and was replaced with Franklin in the 4th Q. Duron Carter got his first TD as an Argo.

Trestman took a chance on 3rd and 12 with under a minute left.......two plays later the Argos are at the BC 5-yard line and they follow that with a TD and a convert to trail by 3 with :36 left. TO penalized for an illegal kick out of bounds...........BC's ball and the game.

Final: 26 -23 Lions

They are hanging in there, Kreskin.............much to my surprise. Hope the wins help up attendance at the home games.

Mowich
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

What I have read is they have a structure to close in the South end and temporary seating to seat up to 44,000 including filling in the Pilsner zone option.

For a Rider Grey Cup game they'll be hanging from the rafters.

Mowich
+2
CFL double-header today as the Stampeders are in Montreal taking on the Als to kick the day off - following that the Eskimos will be in Mosaic to play the Riders in what I earnestly hope will see Saskatchewan take a firm grip on 2nd place in the West.

The Stumps have not been able to pull off a win in Montreal since 2013 - I'm sure that the Al's are hoping to maintain that stat. Johnny Football will once again find himself behind center for the Al's - I'm hoping it is a break-out game for him and that the Al's send Calgary home with another loss...............though considering how poorly the Al's have performed this year that's asking for a lot against Boo Levi and his squad.

Twin_Moose
+2
Go Al's

petros

It would have to wrap around the big screen.

Mowich
+1

Go Al's

Score: 0 - 0 end of 1rst...............Johnny threw up one interception but Stumps unable to take advantage. Early in the 2nd.............Boo throws up an interception of his own..........Al's recover..............GO AL'S!

Mowich
Al's doing well just to hold the Stumps scoreless through a Q and a half of football.

Mowich
+1
2:43 left in the first half and the Al's get on the scoreboard first with Bede FG.

Mowich
+1
Al's close out the half with another 3 points on the board to lead the Stumps 6 - zip.

Mowich
Johnny's intercepted again in the opening minutes of the second half but Stumps unable to capitalize. Boo intercepted minutes later.

Mowich
Boo's spending a lot of time on his back- 3rd sack for Al's

Mowich
Stumps score TD on punt return but have it called back after an illegal block by a Calgary defender.

Mowich
Boo picked off again!!!!!!!!!!!

Mowich
14:16 in the 4th, Calgary finally gets on the board with a TD and 1-point convert and take the lead by a single point.

Mowich
Paredes puts another 3 on the board for the Stumps who now lead by 4 points.

Mowich
With :55 seconds left in the 4th, Calgary with a 5 point lead will pick up their first win against the Al's in five years.

Mowich
+2
First TD of the game scored when Willie Jefferson grabbed a pick of Reilly and ran it into the end zone with just over a minute left in the game. Riders lead by 4 with 1:32 left.

Mowich
+2
Esks go for it on 3 and 16............Rider D steps up and bag Reilly.............3 TO of game for Esks...........Rider ball with :58 to go.

Riders unable to advance will have to punt with :17 left. Riders run down the clock then call a time-out........:14 ..........Lauther who hasn't exactly been stellar on attempts tonight puts one through from around the 30 to give the Rider a 19 - 12 lead with :09 left. After the punt, the Esks with :02 left will take the ball at their 30. Reilly manages a Hail Mary pass that Mitchell catches at the 9 just as the clock runs out. Riders win.

petros
+2
Bumbled their way to another win. A W is a W

Mowich
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Bumbled their way to another win. A W is a W

Well pete, we have sole possession of 2nd place; Bombers are two points behind in 3rd; BC and now the Esks are tied for 4th with 7 wins apiece. Looking good going into the stretch.

petros
+2
Still 3 western teams to play yet.

I figure the Hoovers will be playing in Regina for the semi final.

Mowich
Hamilton vs Toronto - end of 1rst Q and the teams are tied 10 - 10.

Mowich
6:53 Hamilton puts another 7 on the board.