Yet Another Trudeau Bullshit Promise Fail.


JLM
No Party Affiliation
#31
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

That's not really true. We sent our professional army, a lot if whom were career soldiers who had been in a long time and a long time before the rules changed. It is striking, to me anyway, how many of the fallen in Afghanistan were around 40.

What does that Asshole know that is really true? Very little that he's posted in the past 10 years! I guess when you "know everything" you're bound to get caught out fairly frequently!
 
Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

You know the thread that mimic the Trump failure threads are really sad.. it’s Whataboutism in its lowest form.. because they can’t defend Trump they try to divert


Um, this IS a Canadian forum, retard. But apparently, you whiny bitches think this is an anti-Trumptard forum. Too bad all you can add to this is to whine about Trump. Looks like you're just another veteran hating asshat sucking off Trudeau.

Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

thanks. im sorru i asked
i trust you more than the cbc.

No worries. There are other links to the story available through Google.

Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post




Jealous.. you’re going bald and using bucket loads of Rogaine.

Still beats your method of trimming your pubes and gluing them to your head. Hey, is that how you got the nickname 'dickhead'?

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

No reason to look any further than Mr Harper for this mistreatment of our veterans.

You should have been asking these questions when he decided to implement this change.

You should quit making retard assumptions that I didn't.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Trudeau can't fix every mistake Harper made overnight. There are simply too many of them. It will take years to undo the damage.

Way to justify Trudeau continuing the federal govt's pathetic treatment of our wounded veterans. Read the title and the story again. Trudeau DID bring back the monthly payments, as promised. However, his promise does fall rather short when you consider the maximum monthly payment is less than one third of the previous MINIMUM monthly payment. Trudeau promised to restore those monthly payments. One third is not a restoration of the program, it's an all new program that does nothing to help wounded veterans.
Yet how many billions has the shiny pony contributed to UN pet projects? Can't properly look after our veterans but he sure can suck off the UN real good. Trudeau can't even get that part right. If you're providing service for money, the client is supposed to pay you, not the other way around.
 
JamesBondo
#33
The way that Trudeau could fix things is one program at a time, but that won't happen when he f#cks them up like he did with the new program of his.
 
Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

The way that Trudeau could fix things is one program at a time, but that won't happen when he f#cks them up like he did with the new program of his.

What also galls me about this is it's tracked as a "promise kept". As to your point, Trudeau won't do shit for any Canadians who aren't already rich and powerful. His programs like this will continue to be huge disappointments because we're busy going into debt for the UN.
While Trudeau desperately engages in virtue signaling and the UN feasts on Canada's financial future, we get the crumbs.
 
Hoid
#35
It's the economy, s illy
 
EagleSmack
+1
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

What also galls me about this is it's tracked as a "promise kept".

Taken right out of the Liberal Playbook.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Taken right out of the Liberal Playbook.


It's an oldie, but a goodie to be sure
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#38
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I'm not sure why people whine after the fact. The rules were in place before they joined and/or went overseas. Clearly the rules were acceptable enough to encourage people to go.

Yapping off again about shit that doesn't concern him, just like seniors' pensions. What the Asshole doesn't understand is that there are loyal Canadians who jump to the aid of their country without giving a thought to payoffs after the fact.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#39
Let's be realistic... Trudeau never really intended to keep his promises.
 
Yo0
No Party Affiliation
#40
This would be easier for the Prime Minister.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQngK6BPjQM
 
Torch light
-1
#41
So while all of you, Zionists, dislike this guy, certainly he is better than all of you,
and the comparison between Trudeau and the Zionists is like the comparison between the star in the sky and the dirt on the ground.
 
Walter
+2
#42
Trudeau said he'd develop resources and protect the environment
https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...s-done-neither

Turdoh is not ready, nor does he have the gray matter to ever be so.
 
Dixie Cup
Conservative
+4
#43
He was interviewed on our local radio station and the interviewer had requested that listeners send in potential questions. I wasn't able to respond but if I had my question would have been - when are you stepping down?
 
Dixie Cup
Conservative
+5
#44
The Liberals hate the military. While I strongly disagreed with Harper regarding our military wounded - shameful actually, he wasn't the only one to screw up when it came to military matters. Under PET the military had their budget severely cut back. My hubby was career military in the 70's and 80's when PET was PM and he would come home thoroughly disgusted because they would go out on exercises and have to pretend to shoot "bang, bang" because they didn't have the ammunition required. So, Justine is simply carrying on the legacy.. IMHO. He speaks out of both sides of his mouth and I honestly was hoping that he would come through with this promise, even though I detest the man. But, as I suspected, he's all talk and will likely smell like a rose because he gave our wounded warriors a whole $200/month for laying their lives on the line. Wow, I am sooo proud to be a Canadian!!!
 
White_Unifier
#45
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

That's not really true. We sent our professional army, a lot if whom were career soldiers who had been in a long time and a long time before the rules changed. It is striking, to me anyway, how many of the fallen in Afghanistan were around 40.

You bring up a good point. To make it more difficult for governments to change the rules, perhaps they should all be spelt out in the contract itself upfront. While a government could pass laws to override the contact, to do so would be so politically scandalous that I can't imagine a government trying that. What it might do is just change the rules for future contracts, but then at least the signatories would know what they are signing up for.

If you want to write a petition to that effect:

https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Home/Index

Again, an Act of Parliament could override such a contract, but I can't imagine a government daring to do that if it values re-election.
 
Mowich
Conservative
+3
#46
New report calls Liberals’ 2016 tax hike ‘revenue loser on a national scale’

The Liberal government’s 2016 tax hike on Canada’s top one per cent not only failed to yield the promised billions, but resulted in a net revenue loss for government coffers, according to a new report released by the C.D. Howe Institute.

After adjusting for economic changes and one-time factors, the paper estimates that the Liberals’ new tax bracket for top earners creates $1.2 billion in new revenue for the federal government but a $1.3 billion loss for provincial governments.

As such, “the hike was a revenue loser on a national scale,” writes study author Alexandre Laurin, director of research at the Institute.

In December 2015, the Trudeau Liberals announced that the tax rate on income over $200,000 would go up four percentage points, from 29 per cent to 33 per cent. This was meant to help offset the revenue losses from the government’s signature “middle class tax cut,” which reduced the tax rate on incomes between about $45,000 and $90,000 by 1.5 percentage points, from 22 per cent down to 20.5 per cent.

Tax data from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) revealed this summer that Ottawa’s tax hike failed to live up to its revenue-boosting expectations in its first year of implementation. The numbers showed that high-income earners actually paid $4.6 billion less in federal tax in 2016, the first year the tax changes took effect. That was a far cry from the $3 billion in new revenue that the Liberal Party’s campaign platform said the new tax would raise.

More:https://globalnews.ca/news/4492014/t...how-institute/


 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#47
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

New report calls Liberals’ 2016 tax hike ‘revenue loser on a national scale’

The Liberal government’s 2016 tax hike on Canada’s top one per cent not only failed to yield the promised billions, but resulted in a net revenue loss for government coffers, according to a new report released by the C.D. Howe Institute.

After adjusting for economic changes and one-time factors, the paper estimates that the Liberals’ new tax bracket for top earners creates $1.2 billion in new revenue for the federal government but a $1.3 billion loss for provincial governments.

As such, “the hike was a revenue loser on a national scale,” writes study author Alexandre Laurin, director of research at the Institute.

In December 2015, the Trudeau Liberals announced that the tax rate on income over $200,000 would go up four percentage points, from 29 per cent to 33 per cent. This was meant to help offset the revenue losses from the government’s signature “middle class tax cut,” which reduced the tax rate on incomes between about $45,000 and $90,000 by 1.5 percentage points, from 22 per cent down to 20.5 per cent.

Tax data from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) revealed this summer that Ottawa’s tax hike failed to live up to its revenue-boosting expectations in its first year of implementation. The numbers showed that high-income earners actually paid $4.6 billion less in federal tax in 2016, the first year the tax changes took effect. That was a far cry from the $3 billion in new revenue that the Liberal Party’s campaign platform said the new tax would raise.

More:https://globalnews.ca/news/4492014/t...how-institute/


What a surprise.
 

Similar Threads

167
46
The Trudeau Promise Tracker
by tay | Nov 13th, 2017
5
Trudeau Breaks ANOTHER Campaign Promise
by EagleSmack | Feb 24th, 2016
90