Trudeau popularity as Prime Minister keeps surging

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
Yep split that Quebec vote

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Good luck to him and his fledging party , the more the merrier.

I agree. Splitting the conservative vote is always good.

Walter
+1
Alleslev slams Trudeau, crosses floor to Tories
https://torontosun.com/news/national...loor-to-tories

Turdoh is not ready for the job.

Decapoda
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Yup...
Trudeau, in leaked video from Saskatoon meeting with FSIN, unhappy with 'time management'

“That’s not fair. That’s not fair. That’s not the way … I’m really, really upset with this. It wasn’t for me to interrupt previous speakers, but (FSIN Chief) Bobby (Cameron), there shouldn’t have been every single person speaking for eight minutes.

Trudeau keeps telling us that he's leading the charge in reconciliation and is supposedly some healer of indigenous feelings. Did he not know that this meeting would be an obvious ambush, that it would be intentionally derailed? He sets aside one hour?? Lol, what a complete and total fool.

Mowich
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

Yup...
Trudeau, in leaked video from Saskatoon meeting with FSIN, unhappy with 'time management'

“That’s not fair. That’s not fair. That’s not the way … I’m really, really upset with this. It wasn’t for me to interrupt previous speakers, but (FSIN Chief) Bobby (Cameron), there shouldn’t have been every single person speaking for eight minutes.

Trudeau keeps telling us that he's leading the charge in reconciliation and is supposedly some healer of indigenous feelings. Did he not know that this meeting would be an obvious ambush, that it would be intentionally derailed? He sets aside one hour?? Lol, what a complete and total fool.

Maybe he's finally coming to the same realization that many Canadians have, Dec - that patience only goes so far and everyone has their end point. If 8 people aren't able to state their case in an hour then someone needs to come better prepared. This was not negotiating - it was a meeting with given time lines and a given number of people invited. Neither side comes out looking good on this.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Maybe he's finally coming to the same realization that many Canadians have, Dec - that patience only goes so far and everyone has their end point. If 8 people aren't able to state their case in an hour then someone needs to come better prepared. This was not negotiating - it was a meeting with given time lines and a given number of people invited. Neither side comes out looking good on this.

I wonder if Justin is starting to get the idea things are starting to unravel!

Hoof Hearted
+4
I've stated this opinion before...

My Cringe-O-Meter hits the red zone every time I hear our PM speak...on ANY subject. I dunno, what's the opposite of 'erudite'...'obtuse?' His phony tone is like nails on a chalkboard to my ears. I had the same issue with Dalton McGuinty..poorly rehearsed high school actors masquerading as leaders.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

Yup...

At least they didn't drag the meeting out for 196 days.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+2

Alleslev slams Trudeau, crosses floor to Tories
https://torontosun.com/news/national...loor-to-tories

Good article, Walter. As much as I enjoy seeing an MP stick it to Trudeau and the Liberals, I'm no fan of floor crossing. I wish they would amend the constitution or house rules, where is FiveParadox when you need him, so that MP's can't officially change parties until they're up for election. It seems like the member is betraying their constituents. They should have to sit as an independent, until elction time comes around.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

At least they didn't drag the meeting out for 196 days.

Are you referencing the National Inquiry into MMW?

Walter
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Too narcissistic to think that.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

I've stated this opinion before...
My Cringe-O-Meter hits the red zone every time I hear our PM speak...on ANY subject. I dunno, what's the opposite of 'erudite'...'obtuse?' His phony tone is like nails on a chalkboard to my ears. I had the same issue with Dalton McGuinty..poorly rehearsed high school actors masquerading as leaders.

Mute buttons were made for Turdoh and BHO.

spilledthebeer
+1

Mute buttons were made for Turdoh and BHO.

================================================== ================================================== ====

LIE-berals have the most fascinating way of presenting Fake News about how rapidly ALL LIE-beral policy is falling into disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!

The latest polls indicate that if an election were held tomorrow then Conservatives would form a majority govt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just think- we have the best part of a year to go before we reach election day and Our idiot Boy STOPS putting both feet in his mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes- many months more to go for LIE-berals to demonstrate for a disgusted public just how many stupid things that LIE-berals can do or say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why- just consider their devotion to environmental matters:

Here is an article illustrating the shameful hypocrisy of LIE-berals whenever environmental issues are discussed. With some comments of my own in brackets):

One trillion litres of sewage leaked into Canadian waterways in last five years

From Canadian Press

Published: August 13, 2018. Updated: August 13, 2018 10:03 AM EDT

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ News/ Toronto & GTA

OTTAWA — Last Wednesday, a team of people from the Lake Ontario Waterkeeper environmental group descended on the Toronto harbourfront looking for any signs the previous night’s massive, flash-flood rainfall had caused the city’s ancient combined sewer system to overflow into the lake.

They didn’t need to dip a single test tube into the water to know it had.

There, in plain sight and floating around the docks and pedestrian bridges along the waterfront of Canada’s biggest city, was a toxic stew of used condoms, plastic tampon applicators and mounds of shredded toilet paper, along with a countless quantity of other, unidentifiable solids.

When water testing was done, the levels of bacteria “were off the charts,” said Krystyn Tully, vice-president of the national water advocacy group Swim Drink Fish.

(Toronto has known and ignored this filthy mess for many decades! Toronto also knows one way to limit such overflow filth is to do more to separate sewer pipes and storm water pipes! This issue of one pipe being used to carry BOTH sewage and rain water run off is most common in the older parts of the city! The solution is to instal separate pipes but that would cut into the flow of tax money to the LIE-beral sponsored govt gravy train! And LIE-beral gravy is a PRIORITY!)

Toronto, like the vast majority of Canadian cities, doesn’t monitor real-time data of sewage leaks into lakes, rivers or oceans. As a result, it’s unknown how much raw sewage flowed through overflow pipes when the storm overwhelmed the city’s treatment facilities.

(One relatively easy way to clean up this mess would be to return the Port Lands to their ancient status AS MARSHLAND and let much of our storm water filter through the reclaimed marsh!)

(Anybody who has travelled DVP past Don Mills exit has seen the 3 big concrete structures in the local park. They were built about 30 years ago to PROVE that filthy Don Rover water could be cleaned by filtering it through the miniature marshland setup inside the concrete structures!)

(The designers were so confident of the effectiveness of their man made marsh that they actually DRANK cups of filtered Don River water with no ill effects!)

(Since then- city officials have ignored the concrete oddities- while wasting a billion dollars- and still counting- in a fabulously greedy- even by city Hog standards- effort to turn the Portlands into viable housing land- IN SPITE of the toxic stew of chemicals contaminating the land- that would need to be FULLY cleaned up before that land is safe to live on!)

(The ugly reality is that our LIE-beral overlords are completely focussed on restocking their gravy train while letting the country fall to pieces! Our air is filthy thanks to Hogs on air planes- the absolute most dirty way to travel or move cargo! Our water is filthy because Hogs need their solid gold pensions more than we need clean water! Our lives and economy are being blighted by mad LIE-beral vote buying bribery that dictates that drunken native thieves and hordes of illegals should have govt fiscal priority over ordinary Cdns trying to prepare for the poverty and cost of old age!)

BY THE NUMBERS: Raw sewage in Canadian waterways

Environment Canada does require municipal governments to report annually how much untreated wastewater is spilled, but settles for calculations that are based on computer models, rather than specific data of actual events.

(OH! The LIE-beral FIX is in! No doubt it was LIE-beral “computer models” that enabled LIE-berals to tell us so much Fake News about their deficits!!!!! And now we should assume LIE-berals are using the same sort of models to HIDE how dirty the water is!)

( Or maybe LIE-berals are using the same sort of accounting - for dirty water - that enabled them to tell us they had saved us 15 percent on our car insurance- WHILE CUTTING BENEFITS by 50 percent? )

Data provided by the federal government shows in 2017, municipalities reported 215 billion litres of raw sewage were spilled or leaked without being treated. Enough to fill 86,000 Olympic-sized swimming pools, that represents an increase of 10 per cent over the amount reported five years ago.

Over the last five years, the total amount is in excess of one trillion litres.

About two-thirds of the amount of reported in 2017 was purposely released when rains overwhelmed water systems that use a single pipe for both storm sewers and wastewater. When storms happen, the excess water can’t be handled by treatment plants and must be released into waterways to prevent basement backups.

The rest is usually the result of problems like power outages, system breakdowns or leaks. Tully, whose organization has monitored the Toronto inner harbour for the last three years, said whether it rains or not, “there isn’t a day that we’ve gone to the harbour that we haven’t been able to find some evidence of sewage contamination.”

(Gosh! Who wants to go to Centre Island and play on the beach! We could make some unique “sand” castles!)

The largest contributor to the national problem is British Columbia, where municipalities reported 77 billion litres of raw sewage that leaked or was spilled in 2017, followed by Nova Scotia at 39 million litres, Newfoundland at 29 million litres and Ontario at 22.8 million litres.

(And LIE-beral “environmentalists want to focus on and whine about increased shipping traffic from Kinder Morgan- while IGNORING all this spilled SH+T!)

Those numbers are nowhere near the actual amounts being leaked, said Tully.

Data she obtained from Environment Canada said in 2016, only 159 of the 269 municipal water systems that are required to report sewage leaks actually did so. The agency is supposed to investigate every missing report, but Tully said the government is more focused on providing education and technical assistance.

(LIE-beral govt is supposed to provide education and technical assistance about MISSING REPORTS? Shall we ask if most of the lessons involve HIDING FACTS from a disgusted public?)

Environment Canada also does not publicly report each spill, and very few cities do it themselves. Last year, the Ontario city of Kingston became the first in Canada to install monitors in its pipes to measure how much sewage is being leaked; the city now reports publicly in real time every time it happens.

(Considering that the Gulf of St Lawrence is one of the most polluted water ways in the world - one has to admire the Kingston effort to at least monitor the scope of their pollution! Just don’t hold your breath while waiting for real action!)

When Kingston began using the monitors, it also found that its earlier calculations were significantly underestimating how much untreated sewage was actually being discharged, Tully said.

(Gosh! LIE-berals UNDERESTIMATING the scale of their dirt? Who could have predicted that such momentous and enormous fact would emerge? Based on so much previous LIE-beral Fake News?)

The municipality felt real-time monitoring was the best way to serve the public, said Jim Miller, director of utility engineering for Utilities Kingston. The eventual plan is to eliminate all its combined storm and wastewater pipes, but that will take time, he added.

(In other words a disgusted public held LIE-beral and Hog feet to a hot fire till they cooperated- just a little!)

“This is a long-term solution,” Miller said. “It’s not going to happen overnight, but in the long run it is the most effective solution.”

(The Hog wants to tell us that MONITORING is a long term solution? What idiocy is this? )

The cost to addressing the leaks is large and the projects take a long time to finish. The Federation of Canadian Municipalities estimates it will cost cities $18 billion to implement new regulations introduced by Ottawa in 2012 that toughened standards for treating wastewater. Those standards aren’t yet in effect; high-risk systems have until 2020 to meet them, while those deemed low risk have until 2040.

(Yes- this water issue is just one more massive sign of the bankruptcy of Canada! We cannot afford to borrow more money! And our LIE-beral govts are COMMITTED to spending every penny they can get - on buying votes from Hogs, from drunken native thieves, from Black Lives Matter bigots and from the hordes of illegals they are importing! LIE-beral environmental hypocrites will let us all drown in sewers before they cancel their costly gravy train!)

Those regulations do nothing to require cities to address the problem, even as the effects of climate change amplify the frequency of extreme rain events — a phenomenon that risks making flash floods like last week’s in Toronto far more common.

Several cities are taking on the challenge without regulation. Victoria, where decades of untreated wastewater being released into harbour prompted nearby Seattle to warn tourists from visiting, is spending $765 million to build a new treatment plant that will come online in 2020.

Toronto is embarking on a $3-billion, multi-stage project to build overflow pipes to store excess water during storms until the treatment system can handle the additional water, said Frank Quarisa, Toronto Water’s acting general manager.

But it will be 10 years before the first phase is expected to start operating, and as long as 25 years before the entire project is complete.

(In other words- there is AMPLE OPPORTUNITY for cash strapped LIE-berals to slow or even HALT the remedial program long before completion! And we know that Hog gravy is a priority for LIE-berals! It is LONG ODDS these projects will even get HALF FINISHED in the next two decades! )

Tully said she thinks Canadians are appalled when they hear about the sewage, but that public reporting of the issue needs to be much more detailed and complete, with cities being required to actually monitor their leaks.

“The first thing they need to do is actually track what is coming out,” she said.

Environment Minister Catherine McKenna wasn’t available for an interview Friday. But she’s familiar with the problem: just days after becoming minister, she was forced to allow Montreal to purposely dump eight billion litres of sewage into the St. Lawrence River so it could fix a pipe.

(LIE-beral hypocrites are focussed ONLY on creating an environment where THEY CAN THRIVE! The rest of us can go to hell for all LIE-berals care!)

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

================================================== ================================================== ====

LIE-berals have the most fascinating way of presenting Fake News about how rapidly ALL LIE-beral policy is falling into disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!

The latest polls indicate that if an election were held tomorrow then Conservatives would form a majority govt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just think- we have the best part of a year to go before we reach election day and Our idiot Boy STOPS putting both feet in his mouth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes- many months more to go for LIE-berals to demonstrate for a disgusted public just how many stupid things that LIE-berals can do or say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(LIE-beral hypocrites are focussed ONLY on creating an environment where THEY CAN THRIVE! The rest of us can go to hell for all LIE-berals care!)

Your style of writing could stand improvement...……………………..length, capitalization, punctuation and repetition!

MHz

He will survive, we might not. You do know who gets hurt when the Army is on the other side, Right?

spaminator

MHz
+1
Porky in the Ukraine is at 16% and you can bet he will be the winner again. JT is already hooked up with those magicians so why worry?

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Are you referencing the National Inquiry into MMW?

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/sh...d.php?t=158554

White_Unifier
If we end up with another Liberal majority, I might cry tears of sadness.

Walter
Liberals are in the low 30's.

spilledthebeer

Your style of writing could stand improvement...……………………..length, capitalization, punctuation and repetition!

Oh what a WONDERFUL DEFENSE of LIE-beral policy that is FAILING MISERABLY and being flushed out of our political system like turds in a toilet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The LIE-beral party is DYING IN SHAME and drowning in red ink...................and all you can say is some CRAP about punctuation??????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

Every time his voice comes on the radio or TV I hit mute.

You poor snowflake

Danbones
Free Thinker
+2
Why?...Most of us white out your posts as we go by so we can just read the next one

Its called filtering...like they do to keep poops out of the water supply.

Danbones
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Oh what a WONDERFUL DEFENSE of LIE-beral policy that is FAILING MISERABLY and being flushed out of our political system like turds in a toilet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The LIE-beral party is DYING IN SHAME and drowning in red ink...................and all you can say is some CRAP about punctuation??????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bruce lee could improve one's punch you ation!

punch a bowl of snowflakes till your canukles toughen up!

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Bruce lee could improve one's punch you ation!

punch a bowl of snowflakes till your canukles toughen up!

Here is yet another article illustrating how empty are all LIE-beral promises and concerns about the environment. With sone comments of my own in brackets):

From Cdn Press. August 26, 2018

Concerns grow about grey water in Canada's Arctic

INUVIK, N.W.T. - A traditional hunter in the Northwest Territories says he used to welcome the cruise ships coming into the Beaufort Sea in Canada's Arctic.

But Hans Lennie from Inuvik says that's changing.

"Not as much now. Now that we've got all the facts," said Lennie, who also sits on the Inuvialuit Game Council, which manages wildlife and wildlife habitat in the region.

Some of his concerns are highlighted in a new report about untreated grey water being dumped by ships passing through.

The study commissioned by World Wildlife Fund Canada said the amount of grey water — drainage from sinks, laundry machines, bath tubs, shower stalls or dishwashers — could double by 2035 if laws aren't improved.

(OH but LIE-berals who SCORN increased ship traffic off the B.C. coast - are JUST FINE with sloppy cruise ships that bring tourists and part time employment and filth to native communities! Has any LIE-beral calculated how much exhaust gas can be emitted by a 20,000 ton DIESEL POWERED TOURIST SHIP? Want to bet that is ANOTHER item LIE-berals DO NOT care about- aside from the grey water? Gravy trumps environment every time for LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

"It's pretty alarming," said Melissa Nacke of the wildlife conservation group. "These concentration areas are overlapping with important species habitat and important cultural areas."

The number of ships travelling in northern waters is expected to increase as climate change melts sea ice. The study suggests tourism will be the biggest source of grey water dumping by 2035.

"If you think of shower or laundry water, it contains detergent and soaps and shampoos," said Nacke. "It also has really high levels of nutrients ... and can have things like oil and grease. It can have metals, food particles and, because of the laundry, it can also have microplastics."

(And gosh! Isnt our LIE-beral Environment minister “Climate Barbie McKenna allegedly FRETTING over the amount of microplastics in the ocean? NO doubt Climate Barbie would support any solution - that does not result in Cdn LIE-berals having to pay more or do the heavy cleaning up?)

Nacke said those materials can contaminate shellfish and cause large algae blooms that create dead zones in the ocean.

The report noted that could have repercussions for food security in northern communities — a conclusion that only adds to Lennie's concerns.

"It's totally detrimental," said Lennie. "These ships, their grey water is all their cleaning material. That's pretty toxic stuff.

"It's a nurturing grounds. All the marine life. All the invertebrates that the whales feed on. It involves the waterfowl too. It definitely has an impact on the food chain."

(And unemployed natives need all the cheap, healthy food sources they can find!)

Both the report and locals like Lennie say federal and international regulations are necessary.

"We need something. Right now we have nothing," he said. "Anything we do is better than nothing."

Lennie said the Inuvialuit Game Council has been meeting with the federal government.

Officials with Transport Canada said they are reviewing the report.

"Canada regulates shipping within Canadian Arctic waters," said an emailed statement from the department. "The regulations address many aspects of Arctic shipping, including requirements for vessel construction and operation, training of crew members, the presence of ice navigators on board, fire safety and life-saving."

But the statement acknowledged there are no provisions related to grey water.

(Which is LIE-beral speak for “don’t hold your breath while awaiting new regulations that might cut into LIE-beral gravy supplies!)

Different rules are in place for southern Canadian waters. The regulations require passenger vessels built after 2013 and carrying more than 500 passengers to use an onboard marine sanitation device before releasing grey water.

The U.S. government and the state of Alaska have regulations related to grey water from ships.

(So if its good enough for Yankees then why don’t we use such regulations? Oh right- it would put up operating costs for ships and they might not spend money in impoverished northern Canada- and LIE-berals NEED GRAVY!)

"Part of that was because cruise ships spend a lot of time in Alaska," said Ed White, cruise ship program manager with Alaska's Department of Environmental Conservation. "Part of it was the size of the ships, too, which were much larger than the communities they were travelling to. That created a lot public concern."

White said the major worry was linked to bacteria from food waste or laundry, but officials had also found toxic materials such as dry cleaning chemicals and mercury.

"We don't see that anymore."

That's due to stricter regulations, he said, including inspections on ships and a move to stop using some toxic materials.

Nacke said high standards in Alaska make it more important for grey water discharge to be regulated in Canada's northern waters.

"Cruise ships that go around Alaska ... can literally use Canada as a dumping ground," she said.

(OH great! Our mean green LIE-berals are more focussed on gravy than they are on cruise ships that STORE waste water in Alaskan waters and then release it freely in Canada!)

Lennie said he hopes there are some regulations sooner rather than later.

(IT is all about what is convenient for LIE-berals!)

"This is a new travel destination," he said. "(Tourists) want to see the untouched wilderness, but there's a cost to it."

— By Colette Derworiz in Edmonton.

Hoid
One year out from the election the Liberals are in good shape in the polls.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gre...tion-1.4870074

Parties out front at this point in the election cycle win 75% of the time.

petros
+1
Good shape? Are you high on illegal blackmarket weed laced with fentanyl?

petros
With one year until the 2019 federal election, Justin Trudeau’s Liberals lead Andrew Scheer’s Conservatives by a nose, according to the latest Ipsos poll provided exclusively to Global News.

Among decided and leaning voters surveyed by Ipsos, the Liberals had 36 per cent support compared to 35 per cent for the Conservatives. Jagmeet Singh and the NDP were well back at 20 per cent. Other parties, including the Greens, were polling under five per cent.

MHz

Liberals are in the low 30's.

Seems about where they should be, is the IQ of the other side almost as low?

Danbones
Free Thinker
HaHa, Who could be higher than the liberals?