Water on Moon ? ... never


petros
#31
You better go spit at the escarpment because your bedrock is Devonian and it's metamorphic.
 
Curious Cdn
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You better go spit at the escarpment because your bedrock is Devonian and it's metamorphic.

I'm near it, not on top of it. Devonian limestone is not metamorphic. Neither is the Dolomite cap on top. It's a gigantic coral reef, almost as big as the Great Barrier Reef. I'm looking at a trilobyte that we found in a chunk of limestone up there, as I post.

One of the harbours in Oakville was famous for their "Stone Boats' that dropped hooks in the water to drag up chunks of slate from the bottom to make into roof tiles. Maybe, that is your metamorphic rock but it is hundreds of feet below the Escarpment.
 
petros
#33
You are a complete and total moron.
 
Curious Cdn
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You are a complete and total moron.

You are a Random Internet Climate AND Geology Expert!

WOO! WOO!

How's your hard rock, tuf guy?
 
petros
#35
A mile of limestone...
 
Bar Sinister
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by Torch light View Post

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-45251370

How can water exist on Moon, in any form .. while Moon has no atmosphere? .. any water will evaporate, any alleged ice on Moon will sublimate and go away into the outer space.

Moreover, they claim the ice is in the bottom of craters!!?? Not on top of mountains??

Therefore, I think this scientific declaration by the Indian scientists is wrong and it is obviously very wrong.

In fact, Moon is not so far from us on Earth.. so go to Moon and find that ice and bring to us some of it if possible it is very hot now even in Canada and Europe.

See here what the interpreter of the Quran and the Bible wrote since 1947 (the date of the first edition of the book The Universe and the Quran:

"As regards Moon; there is no life, no water and no plant on it;
because Moon is a small object, and according to the fact that the small object becomes cold before the big one, it became cold before the earth by thousands of years, and its internal heat finished.
And due to the fact that the heat is the cause of the spinning of the object around itself, the Moon stopped from spinning, and now it does not rotate around itself. The proof of that lies in the fact that we always see only one of its two faces.
"

http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/n...urney_to_Moon_
quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_2.htm#The_Journey_to_Moon_


Since when did you become a scientific authority? Many comets are composed of water and almost all of them are smaller in mass than the Moon. And pick a more believable source than the Koran. It is riddled with superstitious nonsense.
 
Curious Cdn
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

A mile of limestone...

That's how far down the Precambrian rock layer is in the Grand Canyon.

Why would the sedementary rock over it be much thinner around here (a real answer, for a change)?
 
Johnnny
#38
Oxygen is the third most abundant element in the universe and hydrogen is the most.

Use that head of yours Torch.Light and give it a shake.
 
Danbones
#39
Common sense is the rarest element in the universe.
 
Jinentonix
#40
Quote: Originally Posted by Torch light View Post

This is the limit of your little knowledge.

You read that in the school.. but now I tell you another higher knowledge (of the Mahdi: Elia or Elijah of the Last Days, or the Comforter the apostle of the Christ, who spoke only what he heard by the inspiration)


Every hot object spins around itself, and its spinning speed is relative to its heat: the hotter spins faster, and the less heat spins slower.
Cold objects, like our Moon and some other cold moons and meteoritic rocks, do not spin around themselves .. they are attracted to the hot objects:
Like the Moon attracted to the Earth, and the Earth attracted to the Sun which is hotter than Earth.

http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/n...n_of_the_Earth
quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_2.htm#The_Reason_for_the_Rotation_of_the_ Earth

http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/n...ion_of_the_Pla
quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_2.htm#The_Reason_for_the_Revolution_of_th e_Pla

Omg how f*cking stupid can you possibly be. If the hotter planets spin faster, than why is Venus's day longer than its year? While Mercury, the hottest planet in our solar system, rotates once every 59 earth days.
Quoting religious texts as science is the perfect way to demonstrate your gross ignorance.
 
Danbones
#41
Knowing and beleiving are two different things.
 
Bar Sinister
#42
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Omg how f*cking stupid can you possibly be. If the hotter planets spin faster, than why is Venus's day longer than its year? While Mercury, the hottest planet in our solar system, rotates once every 59 earth days.
Quoting religious texts as science is the perfect way to demonstrate your gross ignorance.




Pretty good reply. Except that Venus is actually hotter than Mercury. Global warming don'tcha know?
 
Curious Cdn
#43
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Pretty good reply. Except that Venus is actually hotter than Mercury. Global warming don'tcha know?

Yup. CO2 atmosphere. That's where the concept of global warming first came from. Planetary scientists back in the 1960s-70s were trying to explain why Venus was disproportionately hot and they discovered the CO2 greenhouse effect. They also came up with the "nuclear winter" concept while trying to explain icy cold Mars (No, not a Martian nuclear war, dingbat).
 
Torch light
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

If the hotter planets spin faster, than why is Venus's day longer than its year? While Mercury, the hottest planet in our solar system, rotates once every 59 earth days.

Venus and Mercury have become cold by time; i.e. they lost their internal heat (not the surfce heat which is gained from the sun.) The surface heat is little in comparison to the internal or core heat of the planet.

The tremendous internal or core heat of the planet is the factor determining its spinning around itself.

The smaller the planet the quicker it will lose its internal heat .. Mercury the smallest planet lost its core heat before the rest of the planets.. then Venus followed Mercury in losing its internal heat .. Venus is the second in its small size among the planets, so it stopped its movement after Mercury had lost its internal heat and stopped its spinning.

Therefore, what appears now that Venus day is longer than its year is a miscalculation: in fact Venus (like Mercury) does not spin around its axis, but it circles around the Sun with one face confronting the Sun (like our Moon) while the other side of the Moon is unseen to us on Earth.

In fact, astronomers couldn't see the other side of Mercury until recently, by means of their space probes or satellites which viewed the other side of Mercury which was unseen also.

Venus (and Mercury) now circle around the sun as does our Moon circles around the Earth. The day of Moon equals its complete circling around the Earth: one month is its day and night which equals its total circling or orbiting around the Earth.

Therefore, if one says: this is different from what we learnt in school .. I answer him: what they told you in school is wrong: not everything .. but many things are wrong ..

the interpreter of the Quran and the Bible corrected it to you (but your haughtiness prevents you from admitting this) and to people while he did not graduate at any school .. only he knew the reading and writing in Arabic.

http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/n...ill_Standstill
quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_4.htm#How_the_Planets_Will_Standstill
Last edited by Torch light; Aug 24th, 2018 at 09:47 AM..
 
Curious Cdn
#45
fact Venus does not spin around its axis (as is also Mercury), but it circles around the Sun with one face confronting the Sun (like our Moon) while the other side of the Moon is unseen to us on Earth.

If that is true then Venus must spin about it's axis at a rate that maintains the same face towards the sun. If it didn't spin, the whole planet would gradually present a continuously new face towards the sun as it orbited around it.

By the way, the moon does the same thing relative to Earth. It spins about it's axis at the speed of one rotation per month.
 
Torch light
#46
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

fact Venus does not spin around its axis (as is also Mercury), but it circles around the Sun with one face confronting the Sun (like our Moon) while the other side of the Moon is unseen to us on Earth.

If that is true then Venus must spin about it's axis at a rate that maintains the same face towards the sun. If it didn't spin, the whole planet would gradually present a continuously new face towards the sun as it orbited around it.

By the way, the moon does the same thing relative to Earth. It spins about it's axis at the speed of one rotation per month.

Mercury and Venus in regard to the Sun, are like the Moon in regard to the Earth.
 
Curious Cdn
#47
Quote: Originally Posted by Torch light View Post

Mercury and Venus in regard to the Sun, are like the Moon in regard to the Earth.

They are rotating on their axes at the rate of one rotation per solar orbut.
 
Torch light
#48
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Pretty good reply. Except that Venus is actually hotter than Mercury. Global warming don'tcha know?

Not pretty and not good but only that you like it. While Venus is actually hotter than Mercury: we don't speak about the surface heat.

Because of the existence of atmosphere on Venus: you may liken it to Hell Global Warming.. while Mercury has no atmosphere: its atmosphere had been removed when it had lost its gravity after losing its core heat .. it had such changes before Venus by a considerable long time.

Quran 81: 11, which means:
(And when the heaven shall be stripped off [the earth.])

More explanation is in the link:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/81.htm#a81_11
quran-ayat.com/pret/81.htm#a81_11

Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

They are rotating on their axes at the rate of one rotation per solar orbut.

Let me not object: so they have one face confronting the sun and the other opposite face does not see the sun: just like our Moon in regard to the Earth.
Last edited by Torch light; Aug 24th, 2018 at 10:07 AM..
 
Curious Cdn
#49
Quote: Originally Posted by Torch light View Post

Not pretty and not good but only that you like it. While Venus is actually hotter than Mercury: we don't speak about the surface heat.

Because of the existence of atmosphere on Venus: you may liken it to Hell Global Warming.. while Mercury has no atmosphere: its atmosphere had been removed when it had lost its gravity after losing its core heat .. it had such changes before Venus by a considerable long time.

Quran 81: 11, which means:
(And when the heaven shall be stripped off [the earth.])

More explanation is in the link:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/81.htm#a81_11
quran-ayat.com/pret/81.htm#a81_11



Let me not object: so they have one face confronting the sun and the other opposite face does not see the sun: just like our Moon in regard to the Earth.

Therefore, they are slowly turning obout their axis (at the same rate as their orbit) so that the same face is always facing the sun.
 
Torch light
#50
As the Egyptian says: On you is light! Or you have now realized it, have you?
 
Curious Cdn
#51
Quote: Originally Posted by Torch light View Post

As the Egyptian says: On you is light! Or you have now realized it, have you?

Is that just before he blows up your bus?
 
Torch light
#52
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Is that just before he blows up your bus?

You are like Satan the rebel against God his Creator. Therefore, don't fear the human being who blows up your bus, but fear God Who may blow up your corrupt brain (like in car accident or brain stroke ..etc.)
 
Curious Cdn
#53
Quote: Originally Posted by Torch light View Post

You are like Satan the rebel against God his Creator. Therefore, don't fear the human being who blows up your bus, but fear God Who may blow up your corrupt brain (like in car accident or brain stroke ..etc.)

Did you know that the Zionists are going to the moon, soon?

Israeli spacecraft aims for historic moon landing... within months | The Times of Israel
 
Bar Sinister
#54
Quote: Originally Posted by Torch light View Post

Not pretty and not good but only that you like it. While Venus is actually hotter than Mercury: we don't speak about the surface heat.

Because of the existence of atmosphere on Venus: you may liken it to Hell Global Warming.. while Mercury has no atmosphere: its atmosphere had been removed when it had lost its gravity after losing its core heat .. it had such changes before Venus by a considerable long time.


Thanks for agreeing with me. Notre that I did not quote the superstitious babble regarding the Koran.
 
MHz
#55
Gravity doesn't change with the temperature.
 
Curious Cdn
#56
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Gravity doesn't change with the temperature.

Yes.. I guess ... Are gravity waves possible at absolute zero?

Since absolute zero is a mathematical limit and not an attainable temperature...
 
Torch light
#57
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Gravity doesn't change with the temperature.

On what fact do you depend in denying the connection of the gravity to the heat?

Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Yes.. I guess ... Are gravity waves possible at absolute zero?

Since absolute zero is a mathematical limit and not an attainable temperature...

It is not related to the absolute zero in the vacuum, but on the object having the absolute zero or the low amount of heat.