Copa America 2016

Tecumsehsbones
Well, it's been a blast. Last night in the quarterfinals, the USA beat Ecuador 2-1 in a brutal match.

But it was a Pyrrhic victory. Bobby Wood and Bedoya will be suspended for the semi-final due to two yellow cards in two games, and Jermaine Jones will be suspended due to a red card.

Which means the USA gets to go into the semifinal without three starters. Oh, and we're only facing. . .

Argentina.

Been a heck of a run. John Brooks defended like Superman in the last 2 games. He blew up everything.

HarperCons
Argentina and Venezuela still have to play to determine USA's opponent, but yea Argentina are dominating and aren't likely to lose to Venezuela but who knows.

What the hell was Haiti doing in this tournament?

Ludlow
I slept through it

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

I slept through it

I know you ain't big on soccer, Lud. Don't mean you need to piss on threads where folks who like it discuss it.

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I know you ain't big on soccer, Lud. Don't mean you need to piss on threads where folks who like it discuss it.

That was for my friend Blackloaf who enjoys doing the same in regard to American football. Played soccer as a kid. Good fun.

gopher
I just watched Colombia > Peru 3-2 in shootout

good game

Tecumsehsbones
The quality of the football in the Copa generally is impressive. I'm watching both the Copa and the Euro, and quality-wise it's a dead heat.

The Americans are tougher.

HarperCons
I think Spain was the first team to score more than 2 goals in Euro today.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

I think Spain was the first team to score more than 2 goals in Euro today.

That you consider that little factoid somehow relevant to the Copa America is indicative of your cranial wattage.

HarperCons
It shows the lack of goals in Euro vs Copa.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

It shows the lack of goals in Euro vs Copa.

Here's a hint, Headtrauma. There's a Euro 2016 thread. If you have the brains to find it.

HarperCons
we can't make comparisons ? fascist alert..

Tecumsehsbones
The USA came to the end of its road last night, in rather rude fashion. Argentina scored in minute 3 of the semifinals, then did it three more times. Argentina 4 - 0 USA

Still not a major soccer power.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

The USA came to the end of its road last night, in rather rude fashion. Argentina scored in minute 3 of the semifinals, then did it three more times. Argentina 4 - 0 USA

Still not a major soccer power.

How many did Lionel score?

The U.S. simply couldn't stop Lionel Messi and Argentina from dominating Tuesday's Copa America semi-final

Lionel Messi scores from a free kick

highsticky
Soccer are a boring sports to watch.