Ever tried to phone Rogers for a Service Issue?


tay
#1
I kept getting a message that my Local IP was not corr4ect and something about LAN.

I tried calling Rogers and all you get is a recording telling you to reboot your modem, but never an option to talk to a live agent.

I did what they suggested 3 times and nothing. Finally I left a 'call back' message and when they called me back, the connection could not be made.

My other managed to call and we got a you will have to hold for 18-26 minutes which I chose. It was definitely an Indian accent that welcomed me to the line as was the 'hold' music. I have speaker phone so I put it on. After 15 minutes I tried re-booting the modem again and it worked..

Thank f**k as that was the most frustrating experience I've had in sometime.

Don't they make enough money to have live agents all the time.....?
 
TenPenny
#2
Yes, I've called them a few times about cable issues, never had a problem.


But I don't use Rogers for internet.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#3
I always start with the online chat. Of course, if the internet is out, that would be a problem,

I also find that the Rogers DNS service is horrible. Down a lot. I use Google's DNS (8.8.4.4).
 
tay
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

I always start with the online chat. Of course, if the internet is out, that would be a problem,

I also find that the Rogers DNS service is horrible. Down a lot. I use Google's DNS (8.8.4.4).

Yes. It's super frustrating when you are calling about the Internet being down and they keep telling you to go to rogers.com.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

Yes. It's super frustrating when you are calling about the Internet being down and they keep telling you to go to rogers.com.

Try changing your DNS servers. When Rogers DNS is not working (fairly common), it has all the symptoms of internet being down.
 
tay
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Try changing your DNS servers. When Rogers DNS is not working (fairly common), it has all the symptoms of internet being down.

I saw your google post, how would I go about doing this change?
 
Curious Cdn
#7
We have an "ABR" rule in our household ... Anybody But Rogers
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

I saw your google post, how would I go about doing this change?

It varies slightly with each Windows, Go into your network centre (I right click on the icon in my task bar -- Windows 7). Find your "Local Area Connection", click and select properties. Will give you a list select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) then Properties. TThere will be 2 selections. "Obtain an IP address automatically" -- keep this set. Below that is "Obtain DNS server address automatically". This will likely be checked. Uncheck and instead check "Use the following DNS server addresses". Enter the google one (or any other you fancy). Then click OK.
 
tay
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

It varies slightly with each Windows, Go into your network centre (I right click on the icon in my task bar -- Windows 7). Find your "Local Area Connection", click and select properties. Will give you a list select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) then Properties. TThere will be 2 selections. "Obtain an IP address automatically" -- keep this set. Below that is "Obtain DNS server address automatically". This will likely be checked. Uncheck and instead check "Use the following DNS server addresses". Enter the google one (or any other you fancy). Then click OK.

Thanks. I will try that.
 
tay
#10
Best kept secret of the week, Rogers is down all across Ontario in various locations.

London Ont has been down for 6 days.

My Internet quit this morning @ 350 am. Went on the cell phone around 6am and typed Is Rogers Down
and got the answer.

Mine came back on at 3pm but lots of people have no Internet, TV and Phone. I am surprised no media on this but then again Rogers owns lots of TV and Radio stations..

Rogers down? Realtime status and problems overview | Canadian Outages
 
MHz
#11
I'm holding back on that as I am a Shaw customer.
 
Murphy
#12
Abraham Shaw? Isn't he Jewish?
 
DaSleeper
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Abraham Shaw? Isn't he Jewish?

Nope....It's Jay Mehr (President) who is Jewish......Megahurts should cancel his subscription non?
 
MHz
#14
They should be cancelling the local trolls as you guys make them look pretty bad that they let almost anybody be a supporter. Perhaps next year thinking might be a requirement and then all you fuks will be all alone.
 

Similar Threads

7
14
Rogers Discontinues Usenet Service
by Andem | May 21st, 2006
20
New Cell Service Nightmare w/ Rogers
by Yesurbius | Jan 15th, 2006
8
Rogers is discontinuing its Usenet service
by Paranoid Dot Calm | Dec 2nd, 2005