Dozens of finger-severing slides removed from Calgary playgrounds

Johnnny
+1
#2  Top Rated Post

Walter
Bunch of stoopid kids.

Danbones
I think leaving a few severed fingers in place as warnings would have served the purpose just as well.

Curious Cdn
Politically correct snowflakes.

When I was a boy, you got wounded all the time in playgrounds and you'd just grit your teeth and take it!

We were tougher, back then ...

Danbones
you don't get adventure wound scars just for showing up

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

you don't get adventure wound scars just for showing up

Do you remember those bandaids that had prints of little military medals on them?

Mowich
There's just a bit of a difference between needing a band-aid and having your finger severed guys - just saying.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

There's just a bit of a difference between needing a band-aid and having your finger severed guys - just saying.

I had the end of my finger severed off while cladding the sides of an old granary with galvanised steel. I went to a little country hospital near the Quebec/Ontario border (Alexandria) where they deal with the horribly mangled sometimes ... farmers who get their pant cuffs caught in power take-offs or the old favourite of jumping off the tractor and clutch petal when the tractor is still in gear. Anyway, they looked at me holding my finger together and said something like "Oh, you have a boo-boo!" and they triaged me back a bit. I have a scar that goes 330 around my finger and it took decades to re-grow the nerves but I'm whole, now.

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Do you remember those bandaids that had prints of little military medals on them?

Hell, we just used the pins on the badges to hold the edges of the flesh together till the scabs formed up

...and if that didn't work we had a crusty old nun ( Sister Mary 'the cross) for a principle, and she was known to be handy with the stapler.

Say, how are we going to fill that market for replacement fingers without this source of supply now?
Last edited by Danbones; Jun 7th, 2017 at 07:04 PM..

Mowich
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I had the end of my finger severed off while cladding the sides of an old granary with galvanised steel. I went to a little country hospital near the Quebec/Ontario border (Alexandria) where they deal with the horribly mangled sometimes ... farmers who get their pant cuffs caught in power take-offs or the old favourite of jumping off the tractor and clutch petal when the tractor is still in gear. Anyway, they looked at me holding my finger together and said something like "Oh, you have a boo-boo!" and they triaged me back a bit. I have a scar that goes 330 around my finger and it took decades to re-grow the nerves but I'm whole, now.

Well there you go,Curious............needed a bit more than a band-aid to fix that one. Glad to hear you are all better now.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Well there you go,Curious............needed a bit more than a band-aid to fix that one. Glad to hear you are all better now.

I did it all for a tall, chesty beauty with long, blonde hair!

S'Truth!

taxslave
+1
Should have bought slides that were made in China instead of the US. China never has recalls.

Danbones
Dunno, but I thought I saw some wakuza hanging out near a kid's slide factory in Japan once.