Online threat against Sophie leads to arrest

tay
A Lethbridge, Alta., woman is facing charges after allegedly posting threats online against Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, wife of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

The RCMP's Integrated National Security Enforcement Team based in Alberta — K-INSET — was alerted to the threats made against the Canadian government on May 11 and an arrest was made the next day.

Lisa Seymour-Peters, 49, was charged with one count of uttering threats. She was released with several conditions, including that she not contact or come within 100 metres of Grégoire Trudeau or her immediate family, and not attend any political party gathering or function.

She is scheduled to appear in court on June 8.

Police wouldn't reveal the nature of the threat or which social media platform it was posted to.

This isn't the first time police have made an arrest based on online threats against the Trudeau family.

In February, 41-year-old Christopher Hayes of Grayson, Sask., was found guilty of uttering threats for two posts referring to the prime minister

Online threat against Sophie Grégoire Trudeau leads to arrest of Lethbridge woman - Calgary - CBC News

taxslave
+1
Punishment should include a primer on how social media works.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

... and a selfie with Trudeau wearing his new prison uniform..

spaminator
+2
#4  Top Rated Post

sophie should serenade her.

Jinentonix
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

sophie should serenade her.

Um, that falls under cruel and unusual punishment.

Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

... and a selfie with Trudeau wearing his new prison uniform..

Nah, Trudeau won't be going to prison. He's an elitists after all, and they don't go to prison. Well, not real prison anyway.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Stupid woman. Whether or not you like or don't like the Prime Minister or his wife, does not mean you have the right to make threats against them or any other citizen.

Jinentonix
Quote:

was alerted to the threats made against the Canadian government on May 11

Really? When did Sophie become a member of govt? I must have missed the big announcement.
I also wonder about the severity of the threat. Considering Super Dupe acts like a f*cking little sucky baby whenever he's criticized, maybe the "threat" was just a really strong criticism of Sophie's horrid singing and rather inappropriate moments when she bursts into "song".

Yeah ok, that last bit was a little tongue-in-cheek.

Twila

especially what the word social and media mean. sheesh.

Murphy
One of the downsides to public life.

And it will re-occur even after the Trudeau's retire from public life.

The fact that they are Trudeaus doesn't help. The kids will pay for it, even if they become monks.

Sad.

Curious Cdn
+1
I wondered if one of our Alberta posters on here .....

Never mind.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

I wondered if one of our Alberta posters on here .....

Never mind.

I'm an Alberta poster. What of it?

Murphy
He's confused.