More truths

Tygerbright
+1

gerryh
+2
How many years have they been underfunded?

Dixie Cup
+4
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Tygerbright View Post

You would think by this statement that the Republicans have been in power forever! Huh, who knew Obama was a Republican!!
Besides, aren't the States responsible for education? It was the democrats that set up the federal education department but it's a waste of money because it's simply a duplication and education is in the State's perview if my understanding is correct.

But, whatever.....

taxslave
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

You would think by this statement that the Republicans have been in power forever! Huh, who knew Obama was a Republican!!
Besides, aren't the States responsible for education? It was the democrats that set up the federal education department but it's a waste of money because it's simply a duplication and education is in the State's perview if my understanding is correct.
But, whatever.....

There you go fighting an idiot with facts again.

Serryah
+1 / -2
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

There you go fighting an idiot with facts again.

There's not that many 'facts' in Dixie's post, just her usual "JMHO" BS.

Though I do gotta agree the education system has been total shyte for years now, in the US and Canada.

But the post also makes a valid point - why the hell is schools so important suddenly when for the past near four years Trump et al has done all he can to defund, bankrupt and stress people out of the educational system (public, mind you)?

There's only one logical reason - it's to get parents back to work so the economy can pick back up and thus make him look good. Cause he DAMN sure doesn't give any shyte at all about kids (though richer kids are looked at favourably because, you know, their parents are rich).

NOT JMHO. :P

captain morgan
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Though I do gotta agree the education system has been total shyte for years now, in the US and Canada.

But the post also makes a valid point - why the hell is schools so important suddenly when for the past near four years Trump et al has done all he can to defund, bankrupt and stress people out of the educational system (public, mind you)?

There's only one logical reason - it's to get parents back to work so the economy can pick back up and thus make him look good. Cause he DAMN sure doesn't give any shyte at all about kids (though richer kids are looked at favourably because, you know, their parents are rich).

You poor wee lamb, growing up (and staying) on the wrong side of the tracks.

Nonetheless, take heart as your East coast sense of entitlement and culture of victimhood is especially strong in ya, so you have that going for ya.

Speaking of facts, here's a fun one for ya: In Canadian provinces, the Health Care and Education portfolios consume well in excess of 75% the entire Provincial budgets (much higher in many cases)... With this in mind, how much more do you feel is necessary in your professional opinion?

Twin_Moose
+3

Oh is that why they opened up school choice and attached the funding per student so that no school would get undue financial stress over it. Why are the Dems. so against this act?

Serryah
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

You poor wee lamb, growing up (and staying) on the wrong side of the tracks.

And what side is that, pray tell?

Nonetheless, take heart as your East coast sense of entitlement and culture of victimhood is especially strong in ya, so you have that going for ya.

Interesting... so because I'm from the East Coast, I automatically have this 'sense of entitlement and culture of victimhood'?

Where do I show these traits and how are they different than, say, anyone from the Middle of Canada or the West Coast?

Otherwise, you are, as usual, talking out of your azz.

Speaking of facts, here's a fun one for ya: In Canadian provinces, the Health Care and Education portfolios consume well in excess of 75% the entire Provincial budgets (much higher in many cases)... With this in mind, how much more do you feel is necessary in your professional opinion?

Yes, I know.

And there isn't anymore that should be thrown into those budgets.

There's so much effin' waste under BOTH departments, that if things were truly looked and and considered to streamline, I'd hope that the amount could be sustained, or even reduced. But to do that would take actual guts AND information/input from the people who actually work in those areas, and NOT the upper end who have no Goddamn clue and do not give one flying fuk about people. (Ergo, don't get me started on the health care issue, it's a HUGE one in NB right now, still because our moron government is trying to kill people).

Serryah
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Oh is that why they opened up school choice and attached the funding per student so that no school would get undue financial stress over it. Why are the Dems. so against this act?

I don't know why the Dems are against it, but if you know any teachers, or talk to them, in the US then you have to know that your statement that "no school would get undue financial stress" is an absolute crock of bullshyte.

Twin_Moose
+3
Never enough money for education in North America, just ask any teacher, especially when they are on strike for a pay raise.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+2

Interesting... so because I'm from the East Coast, I automatically have this 'sense of entitlement and culture of victimhood'?

Where do I show these traits and how are they different than, say, anyone from the Middle of Canada or the West Coast?

Yes, I know.

There's so much effin' waste under BOTH departments, that if things were truly looked and and considered to streamline, I'd hope that the amount could be sustained, or even reduced. But to do that would take actual guts AND information/input from the people who actually work in those areas, and NOT the upper end who have no Goddamn clue and do not give one flying fuk about people. (Ergo, don't get me started on the health care issue, it's a HUGE one in NB right now, still because our moron government is trying to kill people).

Efficiency in bureaucracy isn't going to happen. But there would be more money to spend on both except for Paul Martin . Paul Martin vieing for the position of King of Canada (how the Lieberals view the PM job) cut back transfer payments for healthcare and education in order to balance his budget. He figured that would be enough to give him the job. It was briefly.

Serryah

Never enough money for education in North America, just ask any teacher, especially when they are on strike for a pay raise.

Teachers AREN'T paid enough to teach kids, I'll agree with that.

But the basic things that should be had by a teacher should not be their responsibility, either, and that's what I'm talking about.

And yes, I know, teacher pays come out of the Ed. budget, but all that plays into the talk to the actual experts - the ones in the system currently - to see where savings and money make up can be had.

captain morgan
+3

Blaming politicians (Trump in this case) and rich people reeks of one that refuses any personal responsibility and bends over backwards to assess responsibility on everyone BUT themselves.

Enjoy your pity party

... But still, you blame Trump and wealthy families.

Good to know

captain morgan
+3

What's the magic number?.... How much to be a teacher?

Serryah
+1

Blaming politicians (Trump in this case) and rich people reeks of one that refuses any personal responsibility and bends over backwards to assess responsibility on everyone BUT themselves.

Enjoy your pity party

I don't just blame Trump or Rich people but good effort on assuming.

... But still, you blame Trump and wealthy families.

Good to know

I blame Trump, I blame wealthy families.

I blame Liberal governments.

I blame Cons.

I blame Dems...

I'll say it a third time, the issue is the people in charge - regardless of party - don't listen to those who are *actually doing the job*, but rather so called 'experts' and others who haven't a clue, or haven't been in any position in the areas in years so they don't know the changes that have gone on.

Yeah, I focus on Trump et al right now, because they are the ones in charge in the US.

Guess what, Poindexter, when NB was under the Liberals, our education sucked azz then too and that was all on them. The Cons have continued the trend... and it's been like that since *I* was a kid.

So take your 'gotcha' moment and store it somewhere since you failed.

Serryah

What's the magic number?.... How much to be a teacher?

I'm not a teacher so I don't know.

Nor do I have kids so my involvement is more of an outsider's view looking in.

But even I agree that teachers are not paid enough.

What about you, what do YOU think teachers should be paid? Or rather, how much should they NOT be paid?

Jinentonix
+2
You like truths? Here's a nice one for you.

Serryah
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

You like truths? Here's a nice one for you.

Absolutely fuking agreed; this trash should be tossed away or better yet, castrated then shot.

(wait, is that not liberal enough for your judgment of me?)

That said, there are enough people in BLM now that this piece of lowlife can be scraped off existence and someone who actually should be in that leadership can take over and do some good. I won't hold this garbage up as the total sum of what all BLM is and should be.

captain morgan
+3

I don't just blame Trump or Rich people but good effort on assuming.

Emboldened a couple of your pity party comments for ya from your original post... No assumptions

There's a reason why the youth demographic is leaving select jurisdictions, East coast communities very much included and much of that reason is based on a culture of victimhood and utter reliance on gubmint for everything

I blame Trump, I blame wealthy families.

I blame Liberal governments.

I blame Cons.

I blame Dems...

All you did was blame Trump and 'rich' people.

Exactly how did some rich person cause the public education to fail?

... That's right, they didn't but as you are a victim and entitled, who better to blame than 'rich' people

Guess what, Poindexter, when NB was under the Liberals, our education sucked azz then too and that was all on them. The Cons have continued the trend... and it's been like that since *I* was a kid.

And magically, more money is the solution... Sure, that same solution is the never ending go-to answer and sure it's been tried many many times, and sure, it doesn't produce a result, but why not try again, right?

So take your 'gotcha' moment and store it somewhere since you failed.

You 'got' yourself... Time and time again, in fact

I'm not a teacher so I don't know.

Nor do I have kids so my involvement is more of an outsider's view looking in.

But even I agree that teachers are not paid enough.

What about you, what do YOU think teachers should be paid? Or rather, how much should they NOT be paid?

Just so we're clear - you're not a teacher, you have no idea what the job entails, you know nothing of the alternatives BUT you are certain that whatever they are paid, it ain't enough.

Thanks... And you wonder why someone refers to you as being part of the entitlement culture

Show me a comparative result relative to student achievement (ie. their job) and then we can talk about rates of compensation

pgs
+1

It is all for the children , when we demand more money and positions for our members . We do it for the children .

pgs
+1

But the basic things that should be had by a teacher should not be their responsibility, either, and that's what I'm talking about.

And yes, I know, teacher pays come out of the Ed. budget, but all that plays into the talk to the actual experts - the ones in the system currently - to see where savings and money make up can be had.

If they scrapped their union dues take out pay would be higher .

Serryah

Emboldened a couple of your pity party comments for ya from your original post... No assumptions

Except you forgot this part to bold of the post:

I don't just blame Trump or Rich people...

I bolded it, italicized it and made it bigger, just for you.

And I also explained later why I was, at this time, specifically focusing on Trump though:

Yeah, I focus on Trump et al right now, because they are the ones in charge in the US.

If this came up under another leader and education was this bad, I'd be just the same then.

So yes, lots of assumptions on your part.

There's a reason why the youth demographic is leaving select jurisdictions, East coast communities very much included and much of that reason is based on a culture of victimhood and utter reliance on gubmint for everything

LOL, omg do you really believe this BS?

Sure, there are *some* morons around who have this case of victimhood and reliance on the government... and guess what, those of us who aren't them hate them as much as you do.

If not more, sometimes. Gods know I hate the lazy fuks who don't do a damn thing but scam the government because they "don't feel like working" and have to blame something or someone for why they can't work.

Thankfully I'm not like that even though it's actually hurt me in the end.

All you did was blame Trump and 'rich' people.

Told you why, see above.

Exactly how did some rich person cause the public education to fail?

Before I answer this, you want to state it to be specifically the US or Canada, because my answer will be different depending on where you're talking about.

... That's right, they didn't but as you are a victim and entitled, who better to blame than 'rich' people

Not a victim, and certainly not entitled. But man that's funny to read.

And magically, more money is the solution... Sure, that same solution is the never ending go-to answer and sure it's been tried many many times, and sure, it doesn't produce a result, but why not try again, right?

Money solely for the system, no, no more money there won't solve things, because it's not just money that's made it a broken system.

Teachers though are a whole different issue.

Just so we're clear - you're not a teacher, you have no idea what the job entails, you know nothing of the alternatives BUT you are certain that whatever they are paid, it ain't enough.

No, not a teacher, but I have friends who are and we talk so yes, I know what it entails. Alternative depends on what you mean cause that covers a lot of ideas. And yes, I am certain that what teachers are paid, it is far from enough.

Thanks... And you wonder why someone refers to you as being part of the entitlement culture

I wonder because I'm pretty sure you're using entitlement in the wrong way and you mean something else.

Show me a comparative result relative to student achievement (ie. their job) and then we can talk about rates of compensation

I honestly have no idea what you're getting at here. Comparative result of what to what? A student's job to... what? Grades? GPA? SAT scores? Future in Education with a CC vs. University?

And rates of compensation for who? For what? To say a teacher gets paid at a certain level per student that graduates at a certain level?

Maybe better explain it for my poor, East Cost, entitled brain, cause obviously I didn't understand your so further edumacated talented vocals.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

The rich and our politicians can justly be blamed for our economic woes. They are the ones who pushed the narrative that we can have lower taxes, higher expenditures, and balanced the budget through "growth!" or some other magical formula.

Nobody likes paying taxes, but most folk get that you have to pay your bills. Weakening that conviction, and pandering to the "free money" desire that drives lottery ticket sales is irresponsible to the point of criminality.

Quote:

And I also explained later why I was, at this time, specifically focusing on Trump though:

Well, he is responsible for promoting record deficits. And in a time of economic prosperity, too. Exactly the time we should be paying down the debt.

Girth
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

If they scrapped their union dues take out pay would be higher .

That's a terrible thing to say.

Tygerbright
+1

If this came up under another leader and education was this bad, I'd be just the same then.

So yes, lots of assumptions on your part.

LOL, omg do you really believe this BS?

Sure, there are *some* morons around who have this case of victimhood and reliance on the government... and guess what, those of us who aren't them hate them as much as you do.

If not more, sometimes. Gods know I hate the lazy fuks who don't do a damn thing but scam the government because they "don't feel like working" and have to blame something or someone for why they can't work.

Thankfully I'm not like that even though it's actually hurt me in the end.

Told you why, see above.

Before I answer this, you want to state it to be specifically the US or Canada, because my answer will be different depending on where you're talking about.

Not a victim, and certainly not entitled. But man that's funny to read.

Money solely for the system, no, no more money there won't solve things, because it's not just money that's made it a broken system.

Teachers though are a whole different issue.

No, not a teacher, but I have friends who are and we talk so yes, I know what it entails. Alternative depends on what you mean cause that covers a lot of ideas. And yes, I am certain that what teachers are paid, it is far from enough.

I wonder because I'm pretty sure you're using entitlement in the wrong way and you mean something else.

I honestly have no idea what you're getting at here. Comparative result of what to what? A student's job to... what? Grades? GPA? SAT scores? Future in Education with a CC vs. University?

And rates of compensation for who? For what? To say a teacher gets paid at a certain level per student that graduates at a certain level?

Maybe better explain it for my poor, East Cost, entitled brain, cause obviously I didn't understand your so further edumacated talented vocals.

Wow Captain really sounds like he left the caps off of ALL the glue.

Tygerbright
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

The rich and our politicians can justly be blamed for our economic woes. They are the ones who pushed the narrative that we can have lower taxes, higher expenditures, and balanced the budget through "growth!" or some other magical formula.

Nobody likes paying taxes, but most folk get that you have to pay your bills. Weakening that conviction, and pandering to the "free money" desire that drives lottery ticket sales is irresponsible to the point of criminality.

Well, he is responsible for promoting record deficits. And in a time of economic prosperity, too. Exactly the time we should be paying down the debt.

In truth though almost all Canadian National debt is from under the Con governments.

Jinentonix
+3

Absolutely fuking agreed; this trash should be tossed away or better yet, castrated then shot.

(wait, is that not liberal enough for your judgment of me?)

That said, there are enough people in BLM now that this piece of lowlife can be scraped off existence and someone who actually should be in that leadership can take over and do some good. I won't hold this garbage up as the total sum of what all BLM is and should be.

Really? Patrice Cullors, co-founder of BLM proclaimed they are all trained Marxists. While quite a few of them have gone on some serious anti-White, anti-Semitic rants. Hence my Simpsons's thread about BLM being commie-nazis. Child sexual abuse aside, the more prominent members of BLM are still utter pieces of shit. The founder of BLM South Carolina recently channeled his inner Hitler referring to Whites and Jews as "subhuman". The founder of BLM Toronto called White people defects, subhuman and a said quite a few other racially charged things that would absolutely DESTROY a White person's life if they ever said shit like that about anyone who wasn't White. But noooo, the f*cking racist c*nt gets a goddam award for it. And there's good ol' John Tory posing in the picture, looking rather uncomfortable about supporting someone who claims he's a defect and subhuman just because he's White, because he's too much of a chicken-shit mother f*cker like the rest of the so-called moderates on the left to say anything or call the pieces of shit out on their overt racism.

Some BLM activists like to claim that "White silence is violence". If that's the case then the deafening silence of the so-called moderates on the left to the actions of the left-wing extremists must mean they condone their actions.

Here's an interesting read by a proclaimed "progressive" about how the Left's circular firing squad is destroying their political brand. Although it's a case study of Canada, it's pretty much the same throughout the West.

https://quillette.com/2019/04/15/how...an-case-study/

gerryh
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tygerbright View Post

In truth though almost all Canadian National debt is from under the Con governments.

Wrong, as usual.

Tygerbright
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Wrong, as usual.

Nope.

Serryah

Really? Patrice Cullors, co-founder of BLM proclaimed they are all trained Marxists. While quite a few of them have gone on some serious anti-White, anti-Semitic rants. Hence my Simpsons's thread about BLM being commie-nazis. Child sexual abuse aside, the more prominent members of BLM are still utter pieces of shit. The founder of BLM South Carolina recently channeled his inner Hitler referring to Whites and Jews as "subhuman". The founder of BLM Toronto called White people defects, subhuman and a said quite a few other racially charged things that would absolutely DESTROY a White person's life if they ever said shit like that about anyone who wasn't White. But noooo, the f*cking racist c*nt gets a goddam award for it. And there's good ol' John Tory posing in the picture, looking rather uncomfortable about supporting someone who claims he's a defect and subhuman just because he's White, because he's too much of a chicken-shit mother f*cker like the rest of the so-called moderates on the left to say anything or call the pieces of shit out on their overt racism.

Yes, really.

Again, POS... I don't know why you're being a tryhard over trying to convince me some people in BLM are azzholes when I already said I agreed with you...

Comprehension issues perhaps?

Some BLM activists like to claim that "White silence is violence". If that's the case then the deafening silence of the so-called moderates on the left to the actions of the left-wing extremists must mean they condone their actions.

Or maybe you're not paying attention because I hear plenty of people who are decrying the left-wing extremists for their stupidity too...

Here's an interesting read by a proclaimed "progressive" about how the Left's circular firing squad is destroying their political brand. Although it's a case study of Canada, it's pretty much the same throughout the West.

https://quillette.com/2019/04/15/how...an-case-study/

So that I actually agree with the points of the article means... what exactly?