Mary Trump's book to be released July 14


Girth
#1
I've ordered my copy. I'm already hearing stories about Trump, that have made me do a double-take:

Trump cheated on a college entrance test.

As a high school student in Queens, Ms. Trump writes, Donald Trump paid someone to take a precollegiate test, the SAT, on his behalf. The high score the proxy earned for him, Ms. Trump adds, helped the young Mr. Trump to later gain admittance as an undergraduate to the University of Pennsylvania’s prestigious Wharton business school.

Mr. Trump has often boasted about attending Wharton, which he has referred to as “the best school in the world” and “super genius stuff.”

Sending a Brother to the Hospital Alone

It has long been part of the Trump family’s lore that the eldest child of Fred Trump Sr., Fred Trump Jr., who was better known as Freddy, was the black sheep of the dynasty. Freddy Trump was a handsome, garrulous man and a heavy drinker who, after a miserable experience working for his father, left his job in real estate to pursue a passion for flying, becoming a pilot for Trans World Airlines.

Donald Trump has often remarked that his brother’s departure from the family business opened space for him to move into and succeed. “For me, it worked very well,” Mr. Trump told The New York Times during his presidential campaign about serving under his father. “For Fred, it wasn’t something that was going to work.”

Fred Trump Sr. could be brutal to his namesake, shouting at him once as a group of employees looked on, “Donald is worth ten of you,” Ms. Trump writes.

Freddy Trump died in 1981 from an alcohol-induced heart attack when he was 42, and Ms. Trump tells the story in her book about how his family sent him to the hospital alone on the night of his death. No one went with him, Ms. Trump writes.

Donald Trump, she added, went to see a movie.

“No Principles,” a Sister Says

Even at the start of Mr. Trump’s campaign, his sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, a retired federal appeals court judge, had deep reservations about his fitness for office, Ms. Trump writes.

“He’s a clown — this will never happen,” she quotes her aunt as saying during one of their regular lunches in 2015, just after Mr. Trump announced that he was running for president.

Maryanne Trump was particularly baffled by support for her brother among evangelical Christians, according to the book.

“The only time Donald went to church was when the cameras were there,” Ms. Trump quotes her aunt as saying. “It’s mind boggling. But that’s all about his base. He has no principles. None!”

Donald Trump, Narcissist

Ms. Trump, a clinical psychologist, asserts that her uncle has all nine clinical criteria for being a narcissist. And yet, she notes, even that label does not capture the full array of the president’s psychological troubles.

“The fact is,” she writes, “Donald’s pathologies are so complex and his behaviors so often inexplicable that coming up with an accurate and comprehensive diagnosis would require a full battery of psychological and neurophysical tests that he’ll never sit for.”

At another point she says: “Donald has been institutionalized for most of his adult life, so there is no way to know how he would thrive, or even survive, on his own in the real world.”

Like other critics of the president, Ms. Trump takes issue in the book with the notion that Mr. Trump is a strategic thinker who operates according to specific agendas or organizing principles.

“He doesn’t,” she writes. “Donald’s ego has been and is a fragile and inadequate barrier between him and the real world, which, thanks to his father’s money and power, he never had to negotiate by himself.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/u...rump-book.html
Last edited by Girth; Jul 7th, 2020 at 12:26 PM..
 
Ocean Breeze
+2 / -1
#2
'Sociopath', 'clown': 7 highlights from Mary Trump's book

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...l_nbn_20200707

No surprise there. Given that she is a psychologist........ the book has cred.
 
Girth
+1
#3
Sources indicate that Trump is very upset about the book, as it's contents have already been leaked out. In particular, he is upset about the accusation that he paid off a student to write the SAT for him, in order to get into a reputable private college.

It will be interesting to see if Mary Trump ends up dead of a "suicide" by the end of the month.
 
Ron in Regina
+4
#4  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Sources indicate that Trump is very upset about the book, as it's contents have already been leaked out. In particular, he is upset about the accusation that he paid off a student to write the SAT for him, in order to get into a reputable private college.
It will be interesting to see if Mary Trump ends up dead of a "suicide" by the end of the month.

This book is about Donald Trump and not about the Clintons.
 
DaSleeper
+3
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

This book is about Donald Trump and not about the Clintons.

You mean Vince Foster....?
 
Ron in Regina
+2
#6
He’s one. Have you heard of the term “Arkanside” ???
 
petros
+2
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

This book is about Donald Trump and not about the Clintons.

Oh come on, we've all had 40+ friends and associates commit suicide.
 
Ron in Regina
+4
#8
The act of taking your life using a gun to put a bullet or numerous bullets to the back of your skull. Usually performed in the state of Arkansas, or by victims with connections to Arkansas. Also known in part as Arkansas Sudden Death Syndrome and Arkancide.
"Well Jed, looks like this poor guy won't be testifying against the Clintons." "Yep Cleet, looks like another Arkansuicide."
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+3
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

The act of taking your life using a gun to put a bullet or numerous bullets to the back of your skull. Usually performed in the state of Arkansas, or by victims with connections to Arkansas. Also known in part as Arkansas Sudden Death Syndrome and Arkancide.
"Well Jed, looks like this poor guy won't be testifying against the Clintons." "Yep Cleet, looks like another Arkansuicide."


The multiple bullets to the head suicides are the real special ones.
 
Ocean Breeze
+2
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Sources indicate that Trump is very upset about the book, as it's contents have already been leaked out. In particular, he is upset about the accusation that he paid off a student to write the SAT for him, in order to get into a reputable private college.

It will be interesting to see if Mary Trump ends up dead of a "suicide" by the end of the month.

of curse Donald is upset about the book.He has spent his whole life playing a role........ that has nothing to do with his reality. She exposes the truths / reality about him...........which he has trouble facing , admitting...even to himself. He has a very fragile ego........ which is demonstrated in his reactions, poor impulse control, hyper sensitivity to criticism over reaction with intense rage, and need for revenge. He is emotionally under developed .(immature) and has a propensity for cruelty....which we have all seen as he destroyed careers on an emotional whim. or revenge. As stated before......he does not have the personality, capability, maturity, intelligence for the job. He is dangers us in a position of power.

He has cheated all his life......... so anything about that in Mary's book has full credibly. She would know as she has seen. She has the professional skills to assess him. (his psychological dysfunction, and personality disorder)

Her book is very timely. If it helps to wake people up about the man.........and prevent another four years of dysfunctional leadership.........

Mind you ......far too many still have "attitudes" about psych logy.......... and might just dismiss it .

So he is upset........Seems he is angry, reactive most of the time. That is his default emotion. It does nottake much to trigger his anger.
 
Ron in Regina
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

The multiple bullets to the head suicides are the real special ones.

You're reffering to Suzanne Coleman?




You know what they say, "Where there's smoke..."....
 
Ocean Breeze
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Sources indicate that Trump is very upset about the book, as it's contents have already been leaked out. In particular, he is upset about the accusation that he paid off a student to write the SAT for him, in order to get into a reputable private college.

It will be interesting to see if Mary Trump ends up dead of a "suicide" by the end of the month.

You mean a contract killing?? (THAT kind of "suicide"? Might be too extreme. But Donald will extract his revenge. He is a childish bully.
 
taxslave
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

of curse Donald is upset about the book.He has spent his whole life playing a role........ that has nothing to do with his reality. She exposes the truths / reality about him...........which he has trouble facing , admitting...even to himself. He has a very fragile ego........ which is demonstrated in his reactions, poor impulse control, hyper sensitivity to criticism over reaction with intense rage, and need for revenge. He is emotionally under developed .(immature) and has a propensity for cruelty....which we have all seen as he destroyed careers on an emotional whim. or revenge. As stated before......he does not have the personality, capability, maturity, intelligence for the job. He is dangers us in a position of power.
He has cheated all his life......... so anything about that in Mary's book has full credibly. She would know as she has seen. She has the professional skills to assess him. (his psychological dysfunction, and personality disorder)
Her book is very timely. If it helps to wake people up about the man.........and prevent another four years of dysfunctional leadership.........
Mind you ......far too many still have "attitudes" about psych logy.......... and might just dismiss it .
So he is upset........Seems he is angry, reactive most of the time. That is his default emotion. It does nottake much to trigger his anger.

Why is it you hate a government that works for taxpayers instead of special interest groups?
 
Hoid
#14
My main beef with Trump at the moment is that he has turned the USA into a covid19 incubator.
 
Twin_Moose
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

My main beef with Trump at the moment is that he has turned the USA into a covid19 incubator.

Until the next anti Trump hotspot flares up right?
 
Girth
+1
#16
BREAKING: Mary Trump and Simon & Schuster WIN the lawsuit seeking to block publication of “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man,” which hits bookshelves tomorrow.

----

Looks like I will be stopping by Chapters tomorrow.
 
Ocean Breeze
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Why is it you hate a government that works for taxpayers instead of special interest groups?

You can't be talking about The Trump gang in Washington... He has one special interest..........and it is himself.

Mind you ....there are some that believe that "god" gave the USA Trump as POTUS.

THAT is actually scary.
Last edited by Ocean Breeze; 4 weeks ago at 10:02 PM..
 
pgs
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

BREAKING: Mary Trump and Simon & Schuster WIN the lawsuit seeking to block publication of “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man,” which hits bookshelves tomorrow.

----

Looks like I will be stopping by Chapters tomorrow.

Good I am sure it will confirm your world view .
 
pgs
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

You can't be talking about The Trump gang in Washington... He has one special interest..........and it is himself.

Mind you ....there are some that believe that "god" gave the USA Trump as POTUS.

THAT is actually scary.

Very intelligent astute and informative answer , the kind that opens doors to discussion and an exchange of ideas .
 
Girth
+1
#20
It's only been a couple of day, and Mary Trump's book about her Uncle has already sold well over 1,000,000 copies, and has broken records for the most copies sold in a single day, for the publishing company, Simon & Schuster.
 
Ocean Breeze
+1 / -1
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

It's only been a couple of day, and Mary Trump's book about her Uncle has already sold well over 1,000,000 copies, and has broken records for the most copies sold in a single day, for the publishing company, Simon & Schuster.

Hopefully, it will make the readers think about the man they elected and do some soul searching.
 
Cliffy
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Hopefully, it will make the readers think about the man they elected and do some soul searching.

Good luck with that.
 
Walter
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Hopefully, it will make the readers think about the man they elected and do some soul searching.

Make them wonder why anyone voted for Mrs. Clinton.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Hopefully, it will make the readers think about the man they elected and do some soul searching.

Voters in the U.S. generally fall into three categories at this point in an election cycle:

1. The convinced.
2. The convincable.
3. The indifferent.

View from the ground in the U.S. just now is that Group 1 is bigger and stronger than it's ever been, Group 2 is smaller than it's ever been, and Group 3 is smaller than usual.

But I don't buy the polls at all, because another thing that appears to be at its lowest ebb in my lifetime is the idea, and the number of people who practice it, that you should tell the truth either all the time, or at least when there are no immediate, dire consequences for lying.
 
Hoid
#25
Mary is reporting she has heard President Game Show Host use the n-word.
 
Ocean Breeze
+1
#26
Mary will be on Chris Cuoma tonight. (CNN)

Will be watching
 
Mockingbird
+1
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Mary will be on Chris Cuoma tonight. (CNN)
Will be watching

Should be an interesting interview, I'll be tuning in as well.
 
Mockingbird
+1 / -1
#28
Seems Mary Trump set a record with her book sales, unlike Donny Jr who had to have the RNC buy his book in bulk in order for it to get on the best sellers list. But at the end of the day I guess they both can thank Orange Man Bad for pushing sales.

Mary Trump, the president’s niece, is now more than just the author of a tell-all book about her uncle—she is now a record-breaking, best-selling author of a tell-all book about her uncle.

Simon & Schuster, the publisher of Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man, said on Thursday that the book had sold 950,000 copies through Tuesday, its first official day of sales, setting a first-day record for the 96-year-old publishing house.


https://www.vogue.com/article/mary-t...g-sales-record

Congrats Mary!
 
Ocean Breeze
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Should be an interesting interview, I'll be tuning in as well.

I want to get a n idea about her too. Highly educated, so obviously intelligent.......... but am interested in how she comes a cross... personality wise . It is that curiosity thing
 
Girth
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

I want to get a n idea about her too. Highly educated, so obviously intelligent.......... but am interested in how she comes a cross... personality wise . It is that curiosity thing

I've read a couple of chapters, and it's obvious who the villain of the family is....Fred Trump Sr, who was Donald's father. He was a horrible father, who crushed Fred Jr.'s self esteem, until he was reduced to a full-blown alcoholic by his early 30s, and died at 42.

He also encouraged Donald's aggressive and ruthless side, ignoring huge red flags during his childhood, and considered it a weakness to show empathy or kindness to fellow human beings.

This book is not really that surprising, coming from a dysfunctional family myself, but it is shocking that Donald Trump has managed to have his sociopathic behavior go literally unchecked, until he became President. It's quite incredible for a man that is so flawed, could become the President of America.
 

Similar Threads

50
12
8
Mary Magdalene
by MHz | Apr 29th, 2007