Why are White People Blamed for Everything?

Girth
+3
From Colonialism to White Privilege, Caucasians are blamed for all that is evil in society. What is even worse, is the people who shout from the pulpit about it are usually either 50% or 100% Caucasian themselves.

Why should I owe someone of a different ethnic background, for the wrongs of my ancestors? Never be shamed of who you are. Don't let these social justice warriors win.

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Blackleaf
+4
I don't know why Lefties even get it into their heads that only white people have practised colonialism.

And it was the Spanish Muslim slave trade of Slavs - where we get the word "slave" from - that influenced the European slave trade.

Dixie Cup
+5
#3  Top Rated Post
The past was ugly at times & that's a fact. I believe that we've come a long way since then and things have improved greatly for all minorities including whites. However, now-a-days, everyone's skin is so thin that almost anything one can say can be construed as an insult or offense. Guess it's the way you can stifle speech - it's a way ban not only speech but a variety of opinions because someone, somewhere is or may be offended.

Bottom line is people have to start getting involved in their communities, in local, provincial & federal elections. They need to demand more from their politicians. We've become too "comfortable" thus haven't been paying attention to what is going on, too lazy to delve into what is being said vs. what is actually being done; taking what is being said on the internet and MSM as fact when a lot, (if not most) of what is being said is B.S. Complacency will be the downfall of our society - look what's happening in the U.s. Think it won't happen here? It already is!

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

From Colonialism to White Privilege, Caucasians are blamed for all that is evil in society. What is even worse, is the people who shout from the pulpit about it are usually either 50% or 100% Caucasian themselves.
Why should I owe someone of a different ethnic background, for the wrongs of my ancestors? Never be shamed of who you are. Don't let these social justice warriors win.

Don't know about Canada, but for much of that period, only White men were allowed to vote or hold public office.

If George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and company get the credit for being the Founders of our Nation, isn't it fair that they get the blame for the problem of that nation?

Girth
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Don't know about Canada, but for much of that period, only White men were allowed to vote or hold public office.
If George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and company get the credit for being the Founders of our Nation, isn't it fair that they get the blame for the problem of that nation?

That was before I was born, so I take no responsibility.

People need to stop living in the past, and work together for a better future. When is the last time you heard the Irish complaining about how bad they had from the 1850s until World War 2. When is the last time you heard a Jewish person whine about Antisemitism and the Holocaust? When have Asians whined about being enslaved or indentured workers during the railroad construction, or when Japanese were interned during World War 2?

It's negative thinking that is killing the Black and Indigenous people. Statistically, Asians are LESS likely to be killed by Police than White people. So I guess there must be "Asian privilege." Change starts from within. The BLM movement is destined to fail, since it's not empowering Black people, but rather blaming White people for their predicament in life.
Last edited by Girth; Jun 13th, 2020 at 08:05 AM..

Blackleaf
+1

In other countries, the reverse would have been true.

Tecumsehsbones
+1 / -1

That was before I was born, so I take no responsibility.

But you'll cheerfully partake of what they built, right?
Quote:

People need to stop living in the past, and work together for a better future. When is the last time you heard the Irish complaining about how bad they had from the 1850s until World War 2. When is the last time you heard a Jewish person whine about Antisemitism and the Holocaust? When have Asians whined about being enslaved or indentured workers during the railroad construction, or when Japanese were interned during World War 2?

"Those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them."
-- George Santayana

And in case you hadn't noticed, the current protests aren't about slavery and aren't about Jim Crow. They are about race-based abuse and discrimination that is occurring right now.

If we're going to stop living in the past, can we forget about the triumphs and traditions of Canada? Scrap it all as worthless, like the common law and the Charter? All past stuff, right? No need to pay it any mind.

Quote:

It's negative thinking that is killing the Black and Indigenous people. Statistically, Asians are LESS likely to be killed by Police than White people. So I guess there must be "Asian privilege." Change starts from within. The BLM movement is destined to fail, since it's not empowering Black people, but rather blaming White people for their predicament in life.

You'll do anything to deny the obvious, overwhelmingly documented fact that racism and discrimination are alive and well in America, won't you?

DaSleeper
+3
With such Rancor! nothing will ever heal!

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

With such whimpering defensiveness nothing will ever heal.

Blackleaf
+3

So do you.

Girth
+3

"Those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them."
-- George Santayana
And in case you hadn't noticed, the current protests aren't about slavery and aren't about Jim Crow. They are about race-based abuse and discrimination that is occurring right now.
If we're going to stop living in the past, can we forget about the triumphs and traditions of Canada? Scrap it all as worthless, like the common law and the Charter? All past stuff, right? No need to pay it any mind.
You'll do anything to deny the obvious, overwhelmingly documented fact that racism and discrimination are alive and well in America, won't you?

The protests have morphed from being one of anti-Police, to anti-White people in general. I do not deny anything. Racism exists everywhere. The big problem we have, is the BLM and Native Groups wanting to stick it to the White man. I have no problem with equal rights, but I am not going to bow down to anyone, and tell them how ashamed I am to be White, and admit to having "White privileged."

These groups are digging their own grave by doing so. Political correctiveness is one of the reasons Trump got elected in the first place.

Tecumsehsbones

The protests have morphed from being one of anti-Police, to anti-White people in general.

Well, I'll certainly agree that it should be a crime to criticise White people.

I won't take issue with your statement of what the protests are about, because you're white.

Remember, white men are the REAL victims!

taxslave
+1

I blame the Ancient Egyptians.

Girth
+1
Bernie Sanders, a civil rights leader in the 60s, and one of the most progressive candidates of 2016, had one of his campaign rallies hijacked by threats and intimidation of BLM leaders. How ironic is that. Trump went on to say Bernie was weak to let it happen, and if they tried that at one of his rallies, he would let security "deal with them."

Bernie's campaign never recovered, as Americans viewed him as weak for letting the incident happen, and Trump took full advantage. These people will eat their own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSTNPspaPTA

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Not as long as it is profitable to be discriminated against.

Ron in Regina
+1

The protests have morphed from being one of anti-Police, to anti-White people in general. I do not deny anything. Racism exists everywhere. The big problem we have, is the BLM and Native Groups wanting to stick it to the White man. I have no problem with equal rights, but I am not going to bow down to anyone, and tell them how ashamed I am to be White, and admit to having "White privileged."

These groups are digging their own grave by doing so. Political correctiveness is one of the reasons Trump got elected in the first place.

The protests have morphed from being one of anti-Police, to anti-White people in general? I don't think so. Look at the crowd in a group of protesters & they cover the entire color palette. That wouldn't be happening if what you're saying is accurate.

You shouldn't be ashamed to be White, or any other shade of skin color. Nobody else should have to be either. It also shouldn't be the determining factor in prejudging how anyone else things or feels on any given topic. You shouldn't have to 'bow down' to anyone, but nobody else should have to 'bow down' to you in turn.

Girth

Well, I'll certainly agree that it should be a crime to criticise White people.
I won't take issue with your statement of what the protests are about, because you're white.
Remember, white men are the REAL victims!

Nice sarcasm.

Well if you want your land back, come take it back. Overthrow the Government. Good luck when 75% of America is White, and the military, Government, legal system, and money are controlled by Caucasians.

Ron in Regina
+1

Nice sarcasm.

Well if you want your land back, come take it back. Overthrow the Government. Good luck when 75% of America is White, and the military, Government, legal system, and money are controlled by Caucasians.

I think that's what is meant by 'White Privilege'. Individual accountability aside, some people have steeper hills to climb than others to be successful.

Blackleaf
+1
T-Bones likes to complain about his lot because he's a member of an ethnic minority yet he often reminds us he's a lawyer.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

T-Bones likes to complain about his lot because he's a member of an ethnic minority yet he often reminds us he's a lawyer.

Probably the one group that is universally hated.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

I think that's what is meant by 'White Privilege'. Individual accountability aside, some people have steeper hills to climb than others to be successful.

So in Nigeria they have black privilege.

Ron in Regina
+2

He had a steep hill to climb. Kudos upon him. Becoming a Lawyer isn't easy or we'd all have law degrees. The Bar Exam (the training for it, anyway) teaches you to think 'outside of the box' in an analytical manner. I've a friend & relative who went though the process and we where all 'sounding boards' for the questions in the prep-book to prepare him for the exam. It sure didn't harm my analytical thought process.

Ron in Regina
+1

So in Nigeria they have black privilege.

In Nigeria, they have Religious Privilege depending on where in the country (north or south) you happen to be. A Muslim in Southern 1/2 of Nigeria has less privilege than a Christian, & vice versa. Black isn't the issue. Nigeria has been described to me as "The Wild West if it was in Africa".....

Girth

I can attest to the that. Having a physical or mental impairment puts one at a great disadvantage

Girth
+2

White privilege does not apply to all Caucasians. It applies to middle/upper class White people with average or above average intelligence, with no physical or mental disabilities.

I would love for someone to explain to a poor White person in a wheelchair, how much privilege he has...

captain morgan
+3
I'm just glad that someone is finally cracking down on us uppity whities

Ron in Regina
+1

White privilege does not apply to all Caucasians. It applies to middle/upper class White people with average or above average intelligence, with no physical or mental disabilities.

I would love for someone to explain to a poor White person in a wheelchair, how much privilege he has...

Your definition and someone else's definition of this might be very different. My Girl has put in 20yrs with the postal service before being forcibly medically retired after two hip replacements (they love her in the airport metal detectors) while waiting for a back surgery. She doesn't feel like she has white privilege. She's worked her arse off to get to the point to be tossed aside by her employer.

My Son is able bodied (a hardworking guy at 6'5" & about 250lbs making him a Giant of a man) but a few shades darker than I am, & doesn't know what it's like to walk through a store without a store detective following him. He might have a different definition on this than my Girlfriend does. Both of them might have a different definition on this than you do.

Blackleaf

In Nigeria, they have Religious Privilege depending on where in the country (north or south) you happen to be. A Muslim in Southern 1/2 of Nigeria has less privilege than a Christian, & vice versa. Black isn't the issue. Nigeria has been described to me as "The Wild West if it was in Africa".....

Nigeria (whose population, incidentally, is expected to overtake that of the US by 2050 to be the third largest in the world) is overwhelmingly black and its legal system, military, money and government are controlled by blacks.

It's clearly a land of black privilege.

DaSleeper
+3

With such whimpering defensiveness nothing will ever heal.

What you call defensiveness is accepting and overcoming every challenge that life has thrown at me.
My maternal grandmother was native, and the only native feature my mother had was jet black hair. She and my father came up north when the town here in Northern Ontario was opening up and at first they ran a boarding house/hotel and my mother never publicized her ancestry because natives at the time were not allowed in establishments where beer was sold much less run it!
I always found strange that my father could speak native languages fluently!
One of the lessons she taught us was to accept or reject people for their actions and beliefs, not their ethnicity or colour.
She was a devout Christian!....unlike me!

The first thing I did when a nephew of mine ran a genealogy on the family and found out about my grandmother
was apply for my Métis card.
I could have had full status from the reservation in Quebec.....for a price

The only thing I wanted to do was acknowledge my heritage....
The only benefit I might get from this is using one of Trudeau's banned firearm to go bird hunting this fall should I choose too!

So put that in your pipe peace or otherwise and smoke it!!
Last edited by DaSleeper; Jun 13th, 2020 at 10:05 AM..

Girth
+1
How is this for irony:

Anti-Semitism Creeps into Recent Black Lives Matter March
Recent Black Lives Matter rally marred by anti-Semitic rhetoric.

By Josh Feit 8/26/2015 at 8:48am

The August 9 march, held to mark the anniversary of Michael Brown’s death at the hands of the Ferguson police, and featuring speeches against police brutality, gentrification, and racism, wound its way from Seattle Central Community College to the East Precinct cop shop into the Central District—making a stop at Uncle Ike’s, the controversial pot store at 23rd and Union.

You don’t come into a black neighborhood and start throwing your weight around. Especially when you’re coming from Israel.

The store had been the subject of protests and lawsuits earlier this year by the neighboring African American church because the store’s location was seen as disrespectful to the church; the lawsuit argued that the church operated a teen center—which should have prevented the pot store from setting up next door. The location, in the heart of the C.D., was also seen as a slap at a community that has been wrecked by a “War on Drugs” that has disproportionately targeted black men for selling and smoking pot. The new yuppie pot den is also seen as a symbol of gentrification.

One speaker (who isn’t identified), accuses Ike’s of bullying the neighborhood, and starts out saying that when the owner of the store, Ian Eisenberg, who’s Jewish, first showed up in the neighborhood, “his weirdo ass” tore down posters for the Umoja Fest, the annual African heritage summer festival in the C.D. Eisenberg says he took down posters on the property he owned across the street from the pot store because he was in the process of selling that spot.

Praising activists for confronting Eisenberg, the speaker goes on: “They told him what time it was. They told him, you don’t come into a black neighborhood and start throwing your weight around. Especially when you’re coming from Israel. And you’re former IDF [Israeli Defense Forces].”

Eisenberg, 47, is not from Israel. Nor does he have anything to do with the IDF, the Israeli army. Eisenberg was born and raised in Seattle, he says.

Referring to longtime local African American activist Omari Tahir Garrett, who reportedly put up the posters, the speaker concludes: “My message to Eisenberg is, ‘you keep your hands off Omari or someone’s going to come see you, alright.’ We’re not playing out here. We’ve been seizing buildings. We’ve been dealing with reactionary crackers just like yourself... Give me a what’s up if you’re the soldiers for Omari out here,” the speaker says to cheers.

Jarred by the footage, Eisenberg alerted the Anti-Defamation League yesterday.

-----
https://www.seattlemet.com/news-and-...08/fizzaug2615