COVID-19 'Pandemic'

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The covid app is no more intrusive than any other app.

Millions of people download the Tom Horton's app and willingly surrender all that information for the sake of a 99 cent bagel.

Why wouldn't they surrender that information for the sake of their health?

Is Tim's brother getting into the act now?

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

but , because one cannot tel if someone is infected........one must then stay away from all people.

You got it! Probably wise to do so regardless.

JLM
+2

but , because one cannot tel if someone is infected........one must then stay away from all people. IF the app can identify folks with the virus that came into range of one.......it is one more tool in a tool kit.

Everything is trial and error at the moment...... due to the unknowns.... But we have gained a lot of knowledge in a short time about this culprit virus.
Some cannot go into indefinite seclusion ........

I don't know about indefinite seclusion. Whatever we do is NOT 100% safe! Wash your hands and keep your distance and you have a very high chance of being O.K. You have to be careful not to get run over by a truck while avoiding the virus.

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

COVID UPDATE:
The United States has nearly 69,000 new cases and 1,465 fatalities.
Canada had 329 new cases and 12 fatalities
Albertans are freaking out about the hard line the UCP has taken to force all school age children back into schools (Alberta has had the highest number of new cases per-capita for the past week)
India and Brazil both recorded over 50,000 new cases
A second wave may be beginning in some European countries

Ever wonder if maybe a foreign agency is sending infected agents out into the public as an attack on the US?

petros
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Is Tim's brother getting into the act now?

His Big Brother.

Ocean Breeze
+1
Quote:

Ever wonder if maybe a foreign agency is sending infected agents out into the public as an attack on the US?

No foreign interference necessary. The US A is doing itself all the harm it can muster. No leadership, No consistent strategy, childish rebellion of a population that can't be bothered to follow critical health rules. Leadership is talking about a fixed election..........(.OK if in HIS favor. ) The makings of perfect storm. It could end very badly..

Girth
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

hmmm...interesting thought.

I doubt it, since if it were Chinese-Americans, people would catch on, since most Americans are xenophobic towards Asians right now.

Russian-Americans? Hard to say. Considering US Intelligence intercepted word that the Kremlin was paying Taliban members bounties on American soldiers lives, I would figure an operation like that would be intercepted too.

I don't think a person unfamiliar with the United States could pull it off (accent, unfamiliar with American customs, etc) since they would stand out, and draw attention to themselves.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

If it does not have your location data, how does it know you have been in contact with someone? The only way this would be useful is if it WAS storing your location data in real time. It would then compare your locations with the covid carrier and send you the alert. It's fine to be ok with it doing that but don't pretend its not doing it.
In addition to my distrust of the government to not to use the data in ways not intended and/or not leave it exposed to hackers who could do God knows what with it, I think it will drain my battery and my data. For this to work, it will need to be monitoring my location and relaying it constantly. Location services are a drain on my battery and data is not unlimited or free.
All these and more are the reasons this app will not be on my phone.

With my cell company, most of the city and a heft chunk of rural is free wifi hot spotted. I rarely use my own data. Their goal is Province wide free wifi.

Apps that ask for access to photos, music and Google maps data with no direct need for the app dont get installed.
Last edited by petros; 1 week ago at 05:11 PM..

JLM
+2

No foreign interference necessary. The US A is doing itself all the harm it can muster. No leadership, No consistent strategy, childish rebellion of a population that can't be bothered to follow critical health rules. Leadership is talking about a fixed election..........(.OK if in HIS favor. ) The makings of perfect storm. It could end very badly..

Oooooooooooh another conspiracy theory. They dwell among us. Even allowed to vote and produce children!

petros
+1
They've moved on from the Russian conspiracy to Alex Jones being the driving force that got Trump elected according PBS Frontline.

JLM
+1

They've moved on from the Russian conspiracy to Alex Jones being the driving force that got Trump elected according PBS Frontline.

It was Americans at the ballot box that got Trump elected! F**K!

Hoid
I would be far more concerned with a domestic agency sending infected agents out into the streets.

Ocean Breeze
Coronavirus: Russia says it will roll out a COVID-19 vaccine to citizens in October

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...tober-12040635

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

It was Americans at the ballot box that got Trump elected! F**K!

It was actually the electoral college.

he lost the ballot box thing by 3 million votes

taxslave
+1

The Dems thought they had the last one fixed and still lost.

taxslave
+1

I would be far more concerned with a domestic agency sending infected agents out into the streets.

Me too. Especially with turdOWE in power.

taxslave
+1

Coronavirus: Russia says it will roll out a COVID-19 vaccine to citizens in October

Good. they can test it and in about ten years we will see if it was safe to use or not.

petros
+1

Are you sure? Or this just your broken PRV again?

You know we are the midst of a new Cold War dont you?

petros
+3

Like how Scheer won the popular vote but due to our broken electoral map Trudeau won?

That kinda thing?

JLM
+2

Popular vote is irrelevant, Hoid. Strange how people don't get that. Popular vote can be achieved by a large turnout in a condensed area!

Hoid
Saying he won at the ballot box is inaccurate.

He lost at the ballot box.

pgs
+1 / -1

Saying he won at the ballot box is inaccurate.

He lost at the ballot box.

So did Justine , who is PM ?

Girth

India is doing the same thing. One of the largest pharmaceutical companies is gambling on an unproven vaccine. I guess time will tell if they work or not...

DaSleeper
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

So did Justine , who is PM ?

Poor hoid studied mathematics at the same school as mentalfluff

Girth
+1

Like how Scheer won the popular vote but due to our broken electoral map Trudeau won?
That kinda thing?

Canada needs to change the electoral map. There are areas of BC, Alberta, and Ontario that have one MP for 100,000 people, while in the Atlantic provinces, there is an MP for every 40,000 people.

Alberta and BC combined have 1,000,000 more people than Quebec. Yet Quebec has more MP's. That needs to change. Also of note, is the areas that have a high population for only one MP, tend to vote Conservative (BC, Alberta, Southern Ontario's outlying suburbs of GTA).

Walter
+1
Tucker Drops a Truth Bomb About Dr. Fauci Being a 'Total Fraud'
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...fraud-n2573545

Yep.

petros
+1
2 years ago Fauci asserted without uncertainty that there would be a pandemic in the last few months of Trump's first term?

How did he know this?
Last edited by petros; 1 week ago at 09:09 AM..

petros
+1
10% of SK residents have been tested for COVID19.

Walter
+1
Doctor Fired After Appearing In Viral Video: We've Hired Lin Wood To Represent Us
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...36662_c_0lrQ2B

Lin Wood will win them millions. Hydroxychloroquine will be the saving grace to conquer the Wuflu.

DaSleeper
+1

2 years ago Faucci asserted without uncertainty that there would be a pandemic in the last few months of Trump's first term?

How did he know this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puqaaeLnEww