Mary Trump's book to be released July 14

Mockingbird
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

lol @ self-funding.
Trump is a tax dodge, who at first used his fathers money to open failed business. Then he probably struck a deal with thr Russian mafia to cover most debts later.

Oh yes, it's long been claimed that Trump's businesses are full of Russian money.

Twin_Moose
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

You do know that the report did not exonerate the President right?

It wasn't suppose to, it was an investigation into the POTUS to find the truth, then to be turned over to the AG and the DOJ to issue indictments or drop the matter. What did the AG and the DOJ do with the report?

Further more the AG and DOJ opened an investigation into the events that lead up to the Mueller investigation, that is looking like something maybe in the pipeline for indictments we'll see

Dixie Cup
+2

Oh yes, it's long been claimed that Trump's businesses are full of Russian money.

I guess you didn't watch the Rachel Meadow show when she spent the better part of an hour, telling people she was going to reveal Trump's tax returns - I believe it was from 2015 (???) can't exactly remember. Where she got the information from, who knows. Turns out he paid more taxes than Biden, Obama & a few others combined. The show was a total flub - she had to be embarrassed that's for sure. It was great!!

Twin_Moose
+1

Unlike the Clinton foundation?

Mockingbird
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

I guess you didn't watch the Rachel Meadow show when she spent the better part of an hour, telling people she was going to reveal Trump's tax returns - I believe it was from 2015 (???) can't exactly remember. Where she got the information from, who knows. Turns out he paid more taxes than Biden, Obama & a few others combined. The show was a total flub - she had to be embarrassed that's for sure. It was great!!

I believe you're speaking of the Rachel Maddow show and yes I recall it, it was in 2017 I believe. It was hyped yes, that she would reveal Trump's tax info from the year 2005, obtained by investigative reporter David Cay Johnston. Was the episode a flub? Sure, it can be looked at that way, no argument there. And why was it a surprise that he paid more in taxes than the other gentlemen you mention? You do realize that he has/had a much higher income than the others right? And so it would make sense that he pay more in taxes. I believe that's how that works.

And what does this have to do with my original post concerning Russian money in Trump businesses? Something which Don Jr. himself admitted in 2008 saying:

"In terms of high-end product influx into the US, Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets," Donald Trump Jr. said at a New York real-estate conference that year. "Say, in Dubai, and certainly with our project in SoHo, and anywhere in New York. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia."

Mockingbird
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Unlike the Clinton foundation?

Does that make Trump's associations with Russian money less suspect to you?

Mockingbird
+1 / -1

It wasn't suppose to, it was an investigation into the POTUS to find the truth, then to be turned over to the AG and the DOJ to issue indictments or drop the matter. What did the AG and the DOJ do with the report?

Further more the AG and DOJ opened an investigation into the events that lead up to the Mueller investigation, that is looking like something maybe in the pipeline for indictments we'll see

What did the AG and DOJ do about the report? Well they falsely represented it is what they did.

Walter
+1

What did the AG and DOJ do about the report? Well they falsely represented it is what they did.

No, they presented it factually. Progs didn’t like it.

Twin_Moose
+1

Does that make Trump's associations with Russian money less suspect to you?

There is proof for Hillary Clinton taking Russian payments for handing over Uranium, where is the proof that Trump pocketed money?

Twin_Moose
+1

They released the most unredacted report in US history to the public to show there was nothing there, the only thing the resistance is hanging on to is there may be something in the redacted portion that the AG cannot legally release, which is now in court.

Mockingbird
+2

They released the most unredacted report in US history to the public to show there was nothing there, the only thing the resistance is hanging on to is there may be something in the redacted portion that the AG cannot legally release, which is now in court.

AG Barr misrepresented the findings in his short summation. And yes, while Trump is in office portions cannot be disclosed and some are likely never to be released. We will have to await the results of the court hearings.

Mockingbird
+2

There is proof for Hillary Clinton taking Russian payments for handing over Uranium, where is the proof that Trump pocketed money?

You can take all the shots at Hillary that you like, you won't find me defending her. But the "whatabout-ism" is getting tiresome.

Has Trump pocketed Russian money? I don't know, you be the judge:

Trump sold a Palm Beach property in 2008 to Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev for $95 million, more than twice the roughly $41 million he for which purchased it just four years earlier, according to a Panama Papers filing. The Rybolovlevs reportedly never lived at the estate. During a July 2017 press conference in which he urged Russia to find Hillary Clinton’s missing emails, Trump identified the sale as the only deal with Russian individuals he had made after stating and I quote “I have nothing to do with Russia. I never did.”

Girth
+2
Two weeks on the NYT bestseller list
1.35 million copies sold as of last weekend.

In comparison, Donald Trump's best selling book "The Art of the Deal" only sold 1.1 million copies in over 30 years.

pgs
+1

In comparison, Donald Trump's best selling book "The Art of the Deal" only sold 1.1 million copies in over 30 years.

So .

Mockingbird
+2

And worth mentioning, Trump didn't even write "The Art of the Deal" it was written by Tony Schwartz who later went on to say the following:

“I put lipstick on a pig,” he said. “I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is.”

If he were writing “The Art of the Deal” today, Schwartz said, it would be a very different book with a very different title. Asked what he would call it, he answered, “The Sociopath.”

pgs
+1

And worth mentioning, Trump didn't even write "The Art of the Deal" it was written by Tony Schwartz who later went on to say the following:

“I put lipstick on a pig,” he said. “I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is.”

If he were writing “The Art of the Deal” today, Schwartz said, it would be a very different book with a very different title. Asked what he would call it, he answered, “The Sociopath.”

Yes but he gladly took Trump’s money and didn’t say that until Trump ran for office . Gee look a Democrat no longer likes Trump . News fresh off the press .

Girth
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yes but he gladly took Trump’s money and didn’t say that until Trump ran for office . Gee look a Democrat no longer likes Trump . News fresh off the press .

It should be noted that Trump was a Democrat, at the time the book was written.

Walter
+1
This got old real fast.