Yeppers, all of this :)

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

I guess you have to be a true Canadian with more than an elementary grade education to know where this is.

An insurance blockage in London ?

Twin_Moose

I guess you have to be a true Canadian with more than an elementary grade education to know where this is.

Yep the only true border city in Canada, Flin Flon is a border town

Jinentonix
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tygerbright View Post

That's double Ontario basic wages and it goes up further west.

And yet it's still not a living wage and at best it's HALF of what an auto worker makes but with all the added potential "benefit" of being assaulted or worse.

But let's look at the numbers YOU are claiming. According to the Government of Canada's wage report (updated on October 1, 2019), hourly pay for security guards ranges from $11.50 to $24.86. So, who should I believe? Some half-wit known for pulling facts out of their ass, or the LIBERAL govt they clearly support?

taxslave
+1
Some half-wit known for pulling facts out of their ass, or the LIBERAL govt they clearly support?

Please explain the difference. If you can.

Girth
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Technically, Flin Flon is still considered a city, despite losing over halpf it's population in the last 60 years.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Technically, Flin Flon is still considered a city, despite losing over halpf it's population in the last 60 years.

Usually the determination of city is based upon the local government structure. Most towns are not upgraded to cities until they reach a certain population (5000 in Saskatchewan). There is no clear way to go backwards which is probably why they retain the city governance structure.

Girth
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Usually the determination of city is based upon the local government structure. Most towns are not upgraded to cities until they reach a certain population (5000 in Saskatchewan). There is no clear way to go backwards which is probably why they retain the city governance structure.

I believe it is 10,000 in Manitoba. Flin Flon achieved this in the 1950's, but the population has been in decline since the late 60's and now is barely over 5,000 people, the vast majority being on the Manitoba side.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1

I believe it is 10,000 in Manitoba. Flin Flon achieved this in the 1950's, but the population has been in decline since the late 60's and now is barely over 5,000 people, the vast majority being on the Manitoba side.

I don't think it is a city in Saskatchewan. Only in Manitoba.

gerryh
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

I don't think it is a city in Saskatchewan. Only in Manitoba.

It is, it straddles the border. Unlike Lloyd, there's not that much of flin flon in Saskatchewan compared to Manitoba.

Tygerbright

It is, it straddles the border. Unlike Lloyd, there's not that much of flin flon in Saskatchewan compared to Manitoba.

TY just a town name covers a lot of places.

Tygerbright
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

And yet it's still not a living wage and at best it's HALF of what an auto worker makes but with all the added potential "benefit" of being assaulted or worse.

But let's look at the numbers YOU are claiming. According to the Government of Canada's wage report (updated on October 1, 2019), hourly pay for security guards ranges from $11.50 to $24.86. So, who should I believe? Some half-wit known for pulling facts out of their ass, or the LIBERAL govt they clearly support?

And those wages also change if unionized or not or in specialized locations or not.

Wow that's seriously some dishonest stuff there.

Oh wait... you're a Con.

And the auto industry you know how small a share of the job market that is and has become? It's hardly a measurable standard of average jobs.

And again y'all seem upset at me defending a job people do, in some pretty classist bullcrow ways.

Oh wait you're a Con.

gerryh
+2

TY just a town name covers a lot of places.

In Canada, No it doesnt. There is only one town, in the entire confederation, that uses that name. Then again, if you were even half as educated as you claim to be, you would have known that.

I knew of Loydminster long before I moved to Alberta, then again, I actually paid attention in school.

Tygerbright
Loydminster is a different word than Lloyd.

I thought he was talking of two different places.

And you shouldn't talk education sweetie you're a spaceforcer.

Tygerbright
LOL aaaaw look who's scare of political correctness and social justice don't worry you'll still be and old white Con in the west.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Nope. Creighton and Denare are the SK side.

petros
+2

You're the only Maritimer who doesnt know what ""Lloyd" refers to.

It's where ya goes to gets da pogey hours. Dens ya goes home fer tree munts b'y.

Tygerbright
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

It's where ya goes to gets da pogey hours. Dens ya goes home fer tree munts b'y.

Trying to speak Newf is Maritimer.

And Y'all are trying to hard.

Twin_Moose
+1

A quick search of Lloyd on the border would have brought you this

Quote:

Lloydminster - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lloydminster
Lloydminster is a Canadian city which has the unusual geographic distinction of straddling the provincial border between Alberta and Saskatchewan. The city is incorporated by both provinces as a single city with a single municipal administration.

Regions: Central Alberta, West Central Saskatchewan
Provinces: Alberta (AB), Saskatchewan (SK)
Elevation: 645 m (2,116 ft)
History · Geography · Economy · Government
Home Hardware Building Centre Lloydminster – Locally Owned ...
https://hhlloyd.com
Our award-winning store is located on the border of Alberta and Saskatchewan in Lloydminster, Canada’s Only Border City, which we affectionately refer to as “Lloyd.” …

Departments · Careers · Contact · Beaver Homes & Cottages · Charitable Donations · Big Sign Advertising
Images of Lloyd on the Border
bing.com/images
Image result for Lloyd on the Border

See all
See all images
Border Markers - City of Lloydminster
https://www.lloydminster.ca/en/livin...r-markers.aspx
Lloydminster, Canada's only Border City is home to the world's largest border markers. On the crossing of Highway 16 and 17 next to City Hall, these four, 100-foot high markers stand on the boundary on the third and fourth meridian.

On The Border Bakeshop - Home | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ontheborderbakeshop
On The Border Bakeshop, Lloydminster, Alberta. 4,653 likes · 99 talking about this. A locally owned cake and treat shop located in Lloydminster,AB. Open Tuesday-Friday 10-5:00 and Saturday 11-3:00.

Weddings on the Border — Lloydminster Agricultural ...
https://lloydexh.com/calendar/2019/2...-on-the-border
2019-02-09 · Weddings on the Border Bridal Showcase February 9, 2019 Alberta Building, Lloydminster Exhibition Grounds Tradeshow 11 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Bride & Groom Fashion Show 6:00 p.m. Admission is $10 at the door Kids 10 & under are free! Open to the Public - Everyone is Welcome!

On The Border Bakeshop
www.ontheborderbakeshop.com
On The Border Bakeshop #5 6601-44th Street Lloydminster, AB (780)808-8413 contact@ontheborderbakeshop.com. Socialize With Us. Our Hours. Monday CLOSED Tuesday 10am-5pm Wednesday 10am-5pm Thursday 10am-5pm Friday 10am-5pm Saturday 11am-3pm Sunday CLOSED

Lloydminster RCMP | News, Videos & Articles
https://globalnews.ca/tag/lloydminster-rcmp
Lloydminster RCMP videos and latest news articles; GlobalNews.ca your source for the latest news on Lloydminster RCMP .

Amnesty International calls on Canada to open border to ...
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/amn...efugees-canada...
2020-05-17 · As countries around the world close their borders to contain the spread of COVID-19, Amnesty International is calling on Canada to set an example of …

Author: Levon Sevunts
City of Lloydminster
https://www.lloydminster.ca
It appears you are trying to access this site using an outdated browser. As a result, parts of the site may not function properly for you. We recommend updating your browser to its most recent version at your earliest convenience.

Meridian Source – Your Locally Owned Community Newspaper
www.meridiansource.ca
Our offices are located at 5921 50th Avenue. Phone (306) 825-5111 Fax (306) 825-5147 Mail Box 2454, Lloydminster, AB/SK, S9V 1W5

Even a conbot like me could figure this out

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

There are a great number of things it doesn't know.Right down to its own gender.

gerryh
+1

No, you weren't thinking. That's the problem with you, you dont think.

Tygerbright

No, you weren't thinking. That's the problem with you, you dont think.

Space...force.

gerryh

Space...force.

And what the fu ck is that supposed to mean.

Tygerbright

It means you're a Spaceforcer.

That's your level of discourse, it's your observable intelligence.

gerryh

It means you're a Spaceforcer.
That's your level of discourse, it's your observable intelligence.

And what is a spaceforcer. I've googled it and come up with some new comedy show and the u.s. spaceforce. So, tell me what this made up insult of yours means.

Tygerbright

And what is a spaceforcer. I've googled it and come up with some new comedy show and the u.s. spaceforce. So, tell me what this made up insult of yours means.

There ya go, now you're getting it you're a trump loving spaceforcer.

gerryh
+1

There ya go, now you're getting it you're a trump loving spaceforcer.

I'm a trump lover, damn, your stupidity knows no bounds.

Girth
+1

I rhink he means "spaceporting." I was unable to find space forcing after searching extensively.

spaceporting

when two gay men scissorleg each other forming a tight bond between the anal cavities in order to pass a lump of shit from one anal cavity to another; and then use it as a dildo between each other.

"Me and me man got a full on spaceporting experience last night."

Tecumsehsbones
+1

I rhink he means "spaceporting." I was unable to find space forcing after searching extensively.
spaceporting
when two gay men scissorleg each other forming a tight bond between the anal cavities in order to pass a lump of shit from one anal cavity to another; and then use it as a dildo between each other.
"Me and me man got a full on spaceporting experience last night."

OK, I don't even want to know where you found that.

I'm sure "spaceforcer" comes from the crazy fat kid's stupid PR stunt of turning the Joint Space Command into the. . . SPAAAAAACE FOOOOOORCE!

Tygerbright
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I'm sure "spaceforcer" comes from the crazy fat kid's stupid PR stunt of turning the Joint Space Command into the. . . SPAAAAAACE FOOOOOORCE!

^^^ This ^^^

Girth
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Urban dictionary. Where else?