More truths

Tygerbright
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

I fully agree with Joe Rogan's stance against biologically born males competing in Women's sport, especially combat sports.

And that's trash talk.

Joe is 100% clinically and medically and ethically wrong.

We've been over this before transphobe.

gerryh
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tygerbright View Post

And that's trash talk.

Of course, because you obviously support males beating the crap out of females.

petros
+2
Medically wrong?

Serryah
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

You would be surprised at the ingenuity of the parent of a child with a learning disability compared with a teacher with 10 to 20 different kids in her class

My boy at a young age, couldn't relate to numbers in mathematics and the teacher wanted to put him in special ed class.
Going into details of what I did would take too long with my two finger typing but needless to say that within a week he was at the top of his class... and now....all grown up he is the book keeper for a local business!

Thank you for highlighting the issues with teachers here.

A) the teacher was too overwhelmed to give your boy the attention he deserved originally.

B)Your kid wasn't the kind of kids I was talking about that need the special needs type.

C) Glad he did so well.

Girth
+1

And that's trash talk.

That's beyond trash talk. If a biologically born woman had said that, it would be considered deplorable. For a person who was born male, that is inexcusable. Additionally, I noticed that Transgender Females tend to only assault biological females they call TERFS. That also includes harassment, threats, and stalking. I've rarely ever heard of a Trans Female to assault a Male.

That's a cowardly thing to do, and I am sure the motivation is jealousy, since the biological females are something male-to-females can never become.

BTW, 85% of the general population feels the same way as Rogan. I guess everyone is a transphobic racist.

Serryah

And that's trash talk.

You already know my stance on this, but to share here (again)

I don't think this was Trash talk and I actually think Fallon was out of fuking line with this.

I agree Joe Rogan is a dirtbag sometimes - yes, I've seen his podcasts on youtube and such and some of what he does is interesting, some of it is very much GTFO material.

But this comment posted went over the line by Fallon.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Sometimes it seems people are just searching for a reason to get hysterical.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Sometimes it seems people are just searching for a reason to get hysterical.

Too much HRT will do that?

Serryah
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Too much kool aid will do that too.

gerryh
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Thank you for highlighting the issues with teachers here.
A) the teacher was too overwhelmed to give your boy the attention he deserved originally.
B)Your kid wasn't the kind of kids I was talking about that need the special needs type.
C) Glad he did so well.

No, teacher was too lazy to do his/her job.

Girth
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

The problem is you have a knack for teaching or not. People find a way to get ahead in all systems. Some want to complain about the "syetem" but it is what it is.

Serryah

Or the teacher was out of their depth teaching your kid/wasn't the kind of teacher your kid needed?

Granted there are lazy teachers and since I don't know the situation, you could be right there as well.

But I'm not going to just take your word for it, cause you know, you're the parent and biased.

Tygerbright

Uh-huh suuuuure.

Tygerbright
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

What? Proof? Citations?

Twin_Moose
+1

Parents shouldn't have to pay out of pocket we're a wealthy enough country but still this doesn't make an argument vs teachers pay.

Farmers are important and get a raw deal vs gov and corporations but they can't shoulder the burden of education it comes from everyone's taxes. There's just not enough of them for that.

School taxes come from the municipal level it is a levy against property, every piece of property is levied a school tax, not the taxpayer.

So here is a kicker Corporations with large property holdings pay a lot in school taxes, do you rent or own? If you are a renter you do not pay school taxes.

taxslave

Wow, wherever it is your live, the teachers there do have it made. No wonder you're supportive of them.
Cause around here, NONE of that is true.
It's bad enough around here that ALL the special needs kids who should be in their own classes are put in with the regular kids all day because it's "better" for them.
It's not. It's SO not.
(oops... was that not liberal enough to say?)
There are more part time-TA's than full time teachers and guess what, I actually make more than some teachers in NB, and what I may STILL isn't enough to live on sometimes.
So no, they do not make enough by FAR.

It was the educators(experts) that decided the LMCs must be in regular classes because it is good for them. No one gives a shit about regular kids and not nearly enough about the real bright ones.

Girth
+1

What? Proof? Citations?

Sounds more like you are looking for a alpha male to destroy your asshole.

Twin_Moose

Wow, wherever it is your live, the teachers there do have it made. No wonder you're supportive of them.
Cause around here, NONE of that is true.
It's bad enough around here that ALL the special needs kids who should be in their own classes are put in with the regular kids all day because it's "better" for them.
It's not. It's SO not.
(oops... was that not liberal enough to say?)
There are more part time-TA's than full time teachers and guess what, I actually make more than some teachers in NB, and what I may STILL isn't enough to live on sometimes.
So no, they do not make enough by FAR.

How many hours a day do they work? How many days a week? subtract the PDO multiply by 4, July and Aug. off 2 weeks off for xmas 10 days for Easter 1 week for Feb. break, 10 days off at the end of June. How many hours did you come up with? Like I said volunteer extracurricular activities do not count and are truly on their time.