Ontario was right to eliminate electric car subsidies

Hoid
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffkar.../#f7018993e046

ChargePoint plans to build 2.5 million charging stations by 2025.

taxslave
+3
I plan on winning Lotto Max by 2025. WHo do you think has better odds of meeting their goal?

Hoid
Since they are a sure thing I am going to guess them.

petros
Them who?

Bar Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

5Star safety rating don't mean shift whang you are sitting at the side of the road with dead batteries and three miles from the nearest plug in.

right, because internal combustion engines never run out of fuel. Typical Luddite post.

taxslave
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

right, because internal combustion engines never run out of fuel. Typical Luddite post.

How did you reach that level of stupidity? Gas or diesel vehicles just need a can of fuel dumped in when they run dry. Readily available almost anywhere. Electric cars OTH are like a complicated version of propane or NG fired. A can of electrons is never readily available and it takes hours to recharge.

petros
+1

How did you reach that level of stupidity? Gas or diesel vehicles just need a can of fuel dumped in when they run dry. Readily available almost anywhere. Electric cars OTH are like a complicated version of propane or NG fired. A can of electrons is never readily available and it takes hours to recharge.

How do judge range when in Canada you can see 30C temperature swings in a matter of hours.

Gilgamesh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You only have peak performance with a fully charged battery. It's all downhill from there.

Not true at all.

petros
Care to wager?

Hoid

The funniest part is that internal combustion engines have batteries in them too.

So what happens when that goes dead?

Put more gas in it?

petros
+1
CAA...the same CAA that will bring a vape battery so you can get high while waiting for a gas powered generator to get you to the next charger.

Hoid
Always enlightening to talk science and technology with a climate change denier.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Have fun vaping at the roadside.

petros
Tesla has a new President but he colluded with Russia.

Bar Sinister

As usual your ignorance of the way the world is changing leads to stupid posts. There are already emergency booster kits for electric cars and electric cars can do something gas and diesel powered cars can't. They can plug in at any electrical outlet rather than having to get to a gas station. Hell, they can even be recharged by a generator.

pgs
+4

As usual your ignorance of the way the world is changing leads to stupid posts. There are already emergency booster kits for electric cars and electric cars can do something gas and diesel powered cars can't. They can plug in at any electrical outlet rather than having to get to a gas station. Hell, they can even be recharged by a generator.

Do you own one , yet ?

petros

Wakie wakie hands off snakie.
You are dreaming if you think it's ANY outlet.

Like phones and tools, plugs batteries chargers and accessories are proprietary and are 240V and up.

petros
Quote:

Tesla is building out its own proprietary charging network. Many electric car owners will charge up mostly at home, but analysts agree that more chargers will need to be built at public places and at work locations to help electric vehicles become more mainstream.Apr 26, 2018

taxslave
+1

Would that be an electric powered generator? Just askin. Gas and diesel powered vehicles can be refilled anytime any where. Your total ignorance of reality is truly astounding.

petros
Yes it's true you could use butter flavoured Crisco instead of butter in shortbread cookies but at what cost man? At what cost?

Hoid
110v provides level one charging.

petros

petros

110v provides level one charging.

At how many amps and how many hours to fully charge?

Hoid

At how many amps and how many hours to fully charge?

look it up and change your lie

Hoid

Wakie wakie hands off snakie.
You are dreaming if you think it's ANY outlet.
Like phones and tools, plugs batteries chargers and accessories are proprietary and are 240V and up.

Ron in Regina

look it up and change your lie

From someone I know with first hand experience, at 110V it can take day s to get a full charge for a Tesla. I roll up to a diesel pump and put over a 100L in & that takes a minute and a 1/2? A friend of ours left Calgary where he bought his car and it was day three that he made it into Regina. Took a night charging at 110V at a hotel in Lethbridge and another 36hrs or so at another friends place in Swift Current (110V) in order get to Regina. I leave Regina with less than a full tank and I'm still in Calgary in seven hours or so depending on pee breaks....

Hoid
Days is it?

lol

When are you clowns going to grow up?

Ron in Regina
Read what I wrote again. He bought his Tesla in Calgary. It didn't have a full charge when he bought it. Before you toss out insults, read what was written. I got the information that I wrote first hand from someone who owns one of these things. How about yourself?

Hoid
"it can take day s to get a full charge for a Tesla. "

stop writing stupid shit

you clearly have no idea what you are even talking about.

Hoid
tell me, when you take a gerry can to a car thats out of gas does that gerry can fill the entire tank