Moses Drug Useing Junkie


darkbeaver
#1
Moses was high on drugs: Israeli researcher

5 hours ago
JERUSALEM (AFP) — High on Mount Sinai, Moses was on psychedelic drugs when he heard God deliver the Ten Commandments, an Israeli researcher claimed in a study published this week.
Such mind-altering substances formed an integral part of the religious rites of Israelites in biblical times, Benny Shanon, a professor of cognitive psychology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem wrote in the Time and Mind journal of philosophy.
"As far Moses on Mount Sinai is concerned, it was either a supernatural cosmic event, which I don't believe, or a legend, which I don't believe either, or finally, and this is very probable, an event that joined Moses and the people of Israel under the effect of narcotics," Shanon told Israeli public radio on Tuesday.
Moses was probably also on drugs when he saw the "burning bush," suggested Shanon, who said he himself has dabbled with such substances.
"The Bible says people see sounds, and that is a clasic phenomenon," he said citing the example of religious ceremonies in the Amazon in which drugs are used that induce people to "see music."
He mentioned his own experience when he used ayahuasca, a powerful psychotropic plant, during a religious ceremony in Brazil's Amazon forest in 1991. "I experienced visions that had spiritual-religious connotations," Shanon said.
He said the psychedelic effects of ayahuasca were comparable to those produced by concoctions based on bark of the acacia tree, that is frequently mentioned in the Bible.
 
DurkaDurka
#2
Doesn't surprise me a whole lot.
 
darkbeaver
#3
Oh boy I got acacia trees just up the road. Stand by for new commandments.
 
DurkaDurka
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Oh boy I got acacia trees just up the road. Stand by for new commandments.

Send them to me via morse code when you you receive the new transmission from god.
 
darkbeaver
#5
You bet, there won't be ten though, that's to many to memorize, I think five would be manageable.
 
DurkaDurka
#6
Good, feel free to omit any commandments related to coveting wives, adultery etc
 
Kreskin
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Moses was high on drugs: Israeli researcher

5 hours ago
JERUSALEM (AFP) — High on Mount Sinai, Moses was on psychedelic drugs when he heard God deliver the Ten Commandments, an Israeli researcher claimed in a study published this week.
Such mind-altering substances formed an integral part of the religious rites of Israelites in biblical times, Benny Shanon, a professor of cognitive psychology at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem wrote in the Time and Mind journal of philosophy.
"As far Moses on Mount Sinai is concerned, it was either a supernatural cosmic event, which I don't believe, or a legend, which I don't believe either, or finally, and this is very probable, an event that joined Moses and the people of Israel under the effect of narcotics," Shanon told Israeli public radio on Tuesday.
Moses was probably also on drugs when he saw the "burning bush," suggested Shanon, who said he himself has dabbled with such substances.
"The Bible says people see sounds, and that is a clasic phenomenon," he said citing the example of religious ceremonies in the Amazon in which drugs are used that induce people to "see music."
He mentioned his own experience when he used ayahuasca, a powerful psychotropic plant, during a religious ceremony in Brazil's Amazon forest in 1991. "I experienced visions that had spiritual-religious connotations," Shanon said.
He said the psychedelic effects of ayahuasca were comparable to those produced by concoctions based on bark of the acacia tree, that is frequently mentioned in the Bible.

I thought 'parting the Red Sea' sounded very mushroom-like.
 
Scott Free
#8
Great post!

I think this finding is consistent with the actions of Moses as described in the bible.

I mean who in their right mind would smash clay tablets freshly handed to them by God, fly into a fit of rage and murder a couple thousand people (breaking a commandment just handed down) then declare his god is one of many (my god is a jealous god)?

Either he was on drugs or needed drugs.
 
eanassir
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Moses was high on drugs: Israeli researcher

God – be exalted – said in the Quran 33: 69

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تَكُونُوا كَالَّذِينَ آذَوْا مُوسَى فَبَرَّأَهُ اللَّهُ مِمَّا قَالُوا وَكَانَ عِندَ اللَّهِ وَجِيهًا

The explanation: (O believers, be not as those [hypocrites among the Children of Israel] who hurt Moses, but God declared him quit of what they said; and, before God, [Moses] is honorable.)

These hypocrites accused Moses that he coveted the wealth of Koran, but God declared him quit of this accusation, when he cleft the earth open with Koran together with his wealth.

What they said about Moses are merely fabrication and forging:
1. They may say all their lies, but what is the proof of their words?
2. The man under the effect of such drugs, will he bring the wisest commandments as a guidance and light for all humanity.
3. Moreover, even the wine, with any degree of drunkenness is forbidden in the Law included in the Torah. Then will the drugs and hallucinogenic substances be allowed, while the wine is forbidden?
4. Why is all this stand and hatred toward the noble prophets of God, particularly Moses, to whom God spoke, and gave him all the miracles?
Then how were the Children of Israel saved from Pharaoh, and this Pharaoh moreover was drowned?

But the Red Sea was parted and the Children of Israel, under the leadership of Moses, crossed to the other side while Pharaoh Merneptah [: son of Pharaoh Ramses ii, who took care of Moses in his palace, and who persecuted the Children of Israel; this Ramses ii died while Moses was in Sinai running away from Pharaoh]; Pharaoh Merneptah together with his host were drowned, and the fat corpse of Pharaoh Merneptah was then taken out of the sea by the Egyptians; who mummified it.

This is a miracle of the Quran; because the Torah does not mention anything about the picking of his corpse from the sea; while it is mentioned in the Quran, and only discovered at 1900 AD.

Different from all the other Pharaohs, this Merneptah had no prepared pyramid or at least any grave suitable and proper for a Pharaoh like him, because his death was unexpected, and the effect of the sea animal eating some part of his mummy is evident.

This is in the Quran 10: 92

فَالْيَوْمَ نُنَجِّيكَ بِبَدَنِكَ لِتَكُونَ لِمَنْ خَلْفَكَ آيَةً وَإِنَّ كَثِيرًا مِّنَ النَّاسِ عَنْ آيَاتِنَا لَغَافِلُونَ

The explanation: (But today We shall save you [Pharaoh Merneptah] in your [huge fat] corpse, that you may be an indicative sign [of Our truthfulness] to those [coming] after you. But much many of mankind are heedless of Our signs.)


eanassir
http://quranandhebrewbible.t35.com
Last edited by eanassir; Mar 12th, 2008 at 04:08 PM..
 
Lester
#10
crap, there is no proof you have none except for a dusty old tome written by ancient crackheads. All lies and deception fabricated to control the masses
 
Dexter Sinister
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

But the Red Sea was parted and the Children of Israel, under the leadership of Moses, crossed to the other side while Pharaoh Merneptah [: son of Pharaoh Ramses ii, who took care of Moses in his palace, and who persecuted the Children of Israel; this Ramses ii died while Moses was in Sinai running away from Pharaoh]; Pharaoh Merneptah together with his host were drowned, and the fat corpse of Pharaoh Merneptah was then taken out of the sea by the Egyptians; who mummified it.

This is a miracle of the Quran; because the Torah does not mention anything about the picking of his corpse from the sea; while it is mentioned in the Quran, and only discovered at 1900 AD.

Different from all the other Pharaohs, this Merneptah had no prepared pyramid or at least any grave suitable and proper for a Pharaoh like him, because his death was unexpected, and the effect of the sea animal eating some part of his mummy is evident.

That doesn't make any sense at all. If Ramses II died while Moses was in Sinai, then Ramses II is the Pharaoh of the Exodus, not Merneptah. And I've just done some research on Merneptah. Just Google his name, you'll find the same things I did. The official sources indicate that his mummy is that of an old fat man who suffered from arthritis and arteriosclerosis and died of natural causes. It's extremely unlikely that a man in that condition would have been active in the army, and in fact neither Hebrew nor Christian Scriptures say that he was with the army at the crossing of the Red Sea, neither is there any sign on the mummy that any part of it was eaten by anything. You don't have a miracle here eannassir, you've got fiction.
 
Vereya
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Moses was high on drugs: Israeli researcher
"As far Moses on Mount Sinai is concerned, it was either a supernatural cosmic event, which I don't believe, or a legend, which I don't believe either, or finally, and this is very probable, an event that joined Moses and the people of Israel under the effect of narcotics," Shanon told Israeli public radio on Tuesday.

And after the religion based on these ten "commandments" became one of the dominant ones in the world, they had quickly forbidden the use of psychedelics, so that no one could question their authority.
 
eanassir
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

If Ramses II died while Moses was in Sinai, then Ramses II is the Pharaoh of the Exodus, not Merneptah.

There were two Pharaohs:
The Pharaoh of the persecution: this was Ramses ii.
The Pharaoh of the Exodus: this wasMerneptah.

The story:
Pharaoh Ramses ii saw a dream, and they interpreted it that a boy will be born of the Children of Israel, by whose hands the authority of Pharaoh will be ruined. So he started to kill every boy delivered of them. Then Moses was born …etc.

Then Moses was grown in the house of Pharaoh (Ramses ii), until he killed the Coptic (unintentionally, he only intended to beat him), and was afraid of Pharaoh, and ran away to Sinai : to Median (this was not the Exodus yet) and stayed there eight years, then he heard that Pharaoh Ramses ii died, so he returned to Egypt.
This is in the Quran 20: 40
وَقَتَلْتَ نَفْسًا فَنَجَّيْنَاكَ مِنَ الْغَمِّ وَفَتَنَّاكَ فُتُونًا فَلَبِثْتَ سِنِينَ فِي أَهْلِ مَدْيَنَ ثُمَّ جِئْتَ عَلَى قَدَرٍ يَا مُوسَى
The explanation: ("…You also killed a man, but We saved you from worry, and We tried you in various ways, then you tarried for [several] years with the people of Median, then you have now come according to a decree, O Moses.")

In his way back to Egypt, God sent him to Pharaoh the son (Merneptah) who was later on drowned, and Moses and his people went to Sinai (now it was the Exodus.)

eanassir
http://quranandhebrewbible.t35.com
 
eanassir
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Vereya View Post

And after the religion based on these ten "commandments" became one of the dominant ones in the world, they had quickly forbidden the use of psychedelics, so that no one could question their authority.

By such deduction, you can turn the day into night and the night into day.
 
eanassir
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Lester View Post

crap, there is no proof you have none except for a dusty old tome written by ancient crackheads. All lies and deception fabricated to control the masses

Not all the Children of Israel believed in Moses; many of them acted the hypocrites. But they were considered by Pharaoh as the party of Moses; so they were obliged to follow him.

This is in the Quran 61: 5
وَإِذْ قَالَ مُوسَى لِقَوْمِهِ يَا قَوْمِ لِمَ تُؤْذُونَنِي وَقَد تَّعْلَمُونَ أَنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُمْ فَلَمَّا زَاغُوا أَزَاغَ اللَّهُ قُلُوبَهُمْ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الْفَاسِقِينَ
The explanation: (And [mention to them] when Moses said to his people: "My people, why do you hurt me when you well know that I am God's messenger to you?" So when they deviated [from piety], God let their hearts deviate [from the truth]; [for] God loves not the ungodly people.)

eanassir
http://quranandhebrewbible.t35.com
 
DurkaDurka
#16
Eanassir, do you really believe this fiction you post from your "holy book?
 
Scott Free
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by eanassir View Post



Then Moses was grown in the house of Pharaoh (Ramses ii), until he killed the Coptic (unintentionally, he only intended to beat him), and was afraid of Pharaoh, and ran away to Sinai : to Median (this was not the Exodus yet) and stayed there eight years, then he heard that Pharaoh Ramses ii died, so he returned to Egypt.

The more I hear about this lunatic the more I wonder at people that can follow him! I thought it was bad enough he was a drug using, voice hearing, plagiarizing, mass murderer but now we find out he started his career as a fugitive!

I'm reminded of the morons and Joseph Smith. I was accosted on the street by a couple of well dressed zealots who asked me if I would be interested in some brainwashing - OK, admittedly they put it a little more subtly than that. To which I replied that I wasn't interested in following a convicted swindler. They had no idea what I was talking about so I explained: in 1826 Joseph Smith was convicted of fraud, the charges to which he confessed his guilt, in Bainbridge, New York; just four years before revealing his book of Mormon!!!!! (Hitchens, god Is Not Great, p161) They had never heard of this and said they would look into it. I hope for their sake they do. They meant to save me but maybe I saved them?

Anyway, I think people should be a little more selective in choosing their religious leaders. At this rate I'm starting to think God is really a Hells Angel in full colours.

How can people fall for this crap? My excuse was that I was raised in it but when I reached adulthood it ended. If I had no moral scruples I think I would start a religion; it seems very lucrative... I just don't have the stomach for it being a heathen atheist and all
Last edited by Scott Free; Mar 13th, 2008 at 03:23 PM..
 
karrie
#18
"Anyway, I think people should be a little more selective in choosing their religious leaders...."

And perhaps they ought to be more selective in considering their sources of information as well. Have you reviewed eanassir's posts? Checked out his link? His knowledge of astronomy is especially illustrative of what a scientific, reality based view he has (with no reason to slant history at all). Enjoy reading up on it.
 
Scott Free
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

"Anyway, I think people should be a little more selective in choosing their religious leaders...."

And perhaps they ought to be more selective in considering their sources of information as well. Have you reviewed eanassir's posts? Checked out his link? His knowledge of astronomy is especially illustrative of what a scientific, reality based view he has (with no reason to slant history at all). Enjoy reading up on it.


I have nothing to say... I'm speechless (that doesn't happen too often), the site is it's own worst evidence
 
karrie
#20
yeah, I thought you'd find it interesting. It is sort of one of those things you have to see with your own eyes.
 
Scott Free
#21
"There are many mistakes in the Hebrew Bible of Ezra. One of them is the story of the angels with Abraham, when they came and gave him the glad tidings of having a son. Ezra said that Abraham gave them food and they ate some of it. While God-be exalted-told us in the Quran that they did not eat of his food; because they were spirituals, that cannot eat from the material food of the people of this World, nor can they drink from their drink, but their food and drink is ethereal and spiritual that is suitable for them."

This made me lol. How can you argue with someone who just changes whatever he likes? "To hell with what the Bible says, this is what it should say..... and you better believe me!"

Another great read is the Urantia book. It is completely messed up. It has Jesus flying around in UFOs!!! And here is a testimony to the power of it's words:

"I find it the single-most inspiring and spiritually enlightening book I have ever read.All through my life I have felt there's 'something more' to God and the universe than I have been taught and learned of. I also have always felt a certain kinship with Jesus and through the study of His life, as told in the book, have discovered the roots of my feelings and thoughts." Washington, U.S.A."

Believe it or not I have a copy of this book and I like to read it (once in a blue moon) because it never fails to make me laugh and reminds me just how gullible people are. Maybe I need to pick up a copy of the Koran?
 
mrgrumpy
#22
Psychedelic drugs and imaginary friends - that's how the religion business got started. Maybe. Probably you also need to add big wallops of ignorance, a healthy portion of wishful thinking, invented stories about angels and devils, virgin births, miracles and whatever other nonsense latecomers to the game like the Mormons and Jos Smith can add to the concotion and there you have it - a fully developed myth system to control society, fleece the sheep and keep them subservient.

It's the biggest fraud/get rich quick scheme ever created!
 
eanassir
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by mrgrumpy View Post

Psychedelic drugs and imaginary friends - that's how the religion business got started. Maybe. Probably you also need to add big wallops of ignorance, a healthy portion of wishful thinking, invented stories about angels and devils, virgin births, miracles and whatever other nonsense latecomers to the game like the Mormons and Jos Smith can add to the concotion and there you have it - a fully developed myth system to control society, fleece the sheep and keep them subservient.

It's the biggest fraud/get rich quick scheme ever created!

This is in the Quran 3: 176
وَلاَ يَحْزُنكَ الَّذِينَ يُسَارِعُونَ فِي الْكُفْرِ إِنَّهُمْ لَن يَضُرُّواْ اللّهَ شَيْئاً يُرِيدُ اللّهُ أَلاَّ يَجْعَلَ لَهُمْ حَظًّا فِي الآخِرَةِ وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ
The explanation: ([O Mohammed] let not these grieve you, who rush headlong into unbelief:

Not the least harm will they do to [the religion of] God:

God's plan is that He will not give them any portion in the Hereafter [: in Paradise];

and they will have a painful chastisement [after their death.] )


Comment:
God does not like to give them any portion in the Garden, because they are wrong-doers who wrong people and trespass their rights; and the wrong-doer will have no place in Paradise.

God does not guide the wrong-doer; so that he will come in the next life as an atheist, or associating others with God in the worship, or as a disbeliever in the apostles; so he will deserve Hell, and no one can intercede for his behalf, and will go to Hell without judgment.

eanassir
http://universeandquran.741.com
http://man-after-death.741.com
http://quranandhebrewbible.t35.com
 
Lester
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

This is in the Quran 3: 176


وَلاَ يَحْزُنكَ الَّذِينَ يُسَارِعُونَ فِي الْكُفْرِ إِنَّهُمْ لَن يَضُرُّواْ اللّهَ شَيْئاً يُرِيدُ اللّهُ أَلاَّ يَجْعَلَ لَهُمْ حَظًّا فِي الآخِرَةِ وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ

The explanation: ([O Mohammed] let not these grieve you, who rush headlong into unbelief:

Not the least harm will they do to [the religion of] God:

God's plan is that He will not give them any portion in the Hereafter [: in Paradise];

and they will have a painful chastisement [after their death.] )


Comment:
God does not like to give them any portion in the Garden, because they are wrong-doers who wrong people and trespass their rights; and the wrong-doer will have no place in Paradise.

God does not guide the wrong-doer; so that he will come in the next life as an atheist, or associating others with God in the worship, or as a disbeliever in the apostles; so he will deserve Hell, and no one can intercede for his behalf, and will go to Hell without judgment.

eanassir
http://universeandquran.741.com
http://man-after-death.741.com

http://quranandhebrewbible.t35.com

rubbish and lies- deluded fairytales based on the ranting of a bunch of deluded drug addicts