Looking back:The Tiger Chip

Kreskin
Imagine how Nike felt seeing this unfold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLz1qL8hrEQ

talloola
I'll never forget seeing that shot "live", so exciting.

Tiger is such a "neat" guy, I don't remember an athlete, (or any celebrity), who acquired so much,
put himself on the line so many times, made so much money, at such a young age, AND is managing
to keep his "just a regular guy" attitude. Great personality, great family too.

Now, he is going to be a dad. (Thai/Black/Am.Indian/Swedish ), Can't wait to see this one, what
a mixture. Too bad his dad didn't hang on long enough to see his first grandchild, so sad.

Kreskin
Yes he is an amazing guy. Nice part about him is he is relentless in his skill but doesn't polticize anything outside of it. He doesn't lobby or meddle in anything else. Has anyone ever hear and opinion from him on politics, Iraq, global warming, or stemcell research? I haven't.

Just when we thought Tiger had done everything on the course he makes that shot on the 17th at Augusta final round.

tamarin
This guy sells in more ads that Captain Kirk. The shame of it all!

eh1eh
I'm sure the Nike ad guys were peeing their pants with glee.

tamarin
He's a golfer and nothing more to me. I don't want to see his mug spread out on the tv hyping whatever his deep pocketed buddies want him to. Neil Young would call him a wh*re. So do I.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by tamarin View Post

He's a golfer and nothing more to me. I don't want to see his mug spread out on the tv hyping whatever his deep pocketed buddies want him to. Neil Young would call him a wh*re. So do I.

That's sad, as Tiger puts millions and millions into the Target for kids group, which he started, which
allows kids to go for their their dream, or just "golf" or do what they want, and without "him" they would never
have had that chance. He grew up just like most of us, middle class, regular family, worked like a
"tiger" to achieve his goals, rose to the top, and with that came lots of money, he earned it, in a
good clean way. No drugs. Wonder if Neil can say that. And, I'm sure you are doing Neil injustice by
guessing what he would say about tiger, as I don't believe that for a minute.

tamarin
Then you don't know Neil Young and his views on those who use their star or celebrity status to hawk products for others.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by tamarin View Post

Then you don't know Neil Young and his views on those who use their star or celebrity status to hawk products for others.

It's called "making a living", and the proceeds of that living go to help millions of children who,
normally wouldn't have a chance.

And, I don't consider Neil Young an expert on "judging" others, he has an opinion, that's all.

Maybe some os his opinionated energy should be thrown toward the drug lords, and suppliers,
of this world who "help" children and others" ruin "their lives, for their own selfish gain.

tamarin
Reminds me of one of Neil's little gems: the Needle and the Damage Done.
But you knew that, you crafty wag!