Being transgender is a ‘mental disorder


Remington1
-2
#31
One's perception of themselves is their own business. No one has the right to force their own limited views on any other person. If you don't like something or someone, turn your head. Religious groups judge and attack anything that is outside of theirs 'good compasses' , which in essence is proof that they are not really religious at all, because they are going against Gods' creations, and challenging his very existence & everything in the bible because it is based on him being all powerful and unflawed. Doctors should spend their time finding cures for cancer, MS, autism, etc..
 
captain morgan
+1
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

For the sake of argument, what is the 'cure'? Is it worse than just letting them live their lives as the opposite sex?

I think everything that is not 'normal' can be in some way classified as a mental disorder. I think 'curing' it is almost crossing into the areas of thought police type correction.

Interestingly, there is no formal definition for normal.
 
Walter
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

For the sake of argument, what is the 'cure'? Is it worse than just letting them live their lives as the opposite sex?

I think everything that is not 'normal' can be in some way classified as a mental disorder. I think 'curing' it is almost crossing into the areas of thought police type correction.

What is the cure for any mental disorder?
 
lone wolf
#34
Echo?
 
mentalfloss
+2 / -1
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Homosexuality is also a mental disorder.

 
JLM
+1
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Homosexuality is also a mental disorder.


I'm not so sure......................some of the experts claim that homosexuality among +/-5% of the population is perfectly normal.
 
Blackleaf
+1
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I'm not so sure......................some of the experts claim that homosexuality among +/-5% of the population is perfectly normal.

Experts are, nine times out of eleven, wrong.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#38
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Experts are, nine times out of eleven, wrong.

A statistic coming from a statistical expert of course.
 
Blackleaf
+2
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

A statistic coming from a statistical expert of course.

There are many examples in life of "experts" being wrong. All those politicians and big organisations saying back in 2000 and 2001 that Britain would be better off if it adopted the euro were wrong. All those organisations who failed to predict the credit crunch were wrong. All those football "experts" who said at the beginning of the 2015/16 football season that Leicester City are the favourites to be relegated were as wrong as it's physically possible to be.

Nine times out of eleven, the "experts" spout twaddle.
 
B00Mer
+2 / -1
#40
Being Blackleaf is a 'mental disorder'
 
Blackleaf
+1
#41
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Being Blackleaf is a 'mental disorder'

What have I said that is wrong?
 
B00Mer
#42
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

What have I said that is wrong?

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Homosexuality is also a mental disorder.

Dude, it's 2016.. not 1950..
 
Blackleaf
+2
#43
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Dude, it's 2016.. not 1950..

So? What difference does it make? A mental disorder is a mental disorder, no matter when it occurs.
 
B00Mer
+1
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

So? What difference does it make? A mental disorder is a mental disorder, no matter when it occurs.

So you should consult your doctor.
 
Blackleaf
#45
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

So you should consult your doctor.

There's nothing wrong with me. I'm as fit as a butcher's dog.
 
B00Mer
+1
#46
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

There's nothing wrong with me. I'm as fit as a butcher's dog.

It's your mind that's fukked... you're a bigot.

BTW, how's your Arabic classes coming along...

Is Muhammad the most popular boy's name in Britain?
 
Walter
-1
#47
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

It's your mind that's fukked... you're a bigot.

BTW, how's your Arabic classes coming along...

Is Muhammad the most popular boy's name in Britain?

You're hypocrisy is too funny, hence the +1.
 
B00Mer
+2 / -1
#48
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

You're hypocrisy is too funny, hence the +1.

Please don't give me +1. .. from you, it's worse than a -1 - it means you're in agreement with me... which is not what I want..



There's my -1 from Walter.. thank you, thank you Thank You..
 
Ludlow
#49
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Please don't give me +1. .. from you, it's worse than a -1 - it means you're in agreement with me... which is not what I want..



There's my -1 from Walter.. thank you, thank you Thank You..

Walter loves you. Too bad they don't a sloppy kiss symbol to go with the thumbs.
 
B00Mer
#50
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

Walter loves you. Too bad they don't a sloppy kiss symbol to go with the thumbs.

 
Blackleaf
#51
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

It's your mind that's fukked... you're a bigot.

Well, what's a bigot? A bigot is merely a term used by a person to describe another person because that other person hates something that that name-caller likes. A Liverpool football fan would describe a Manchester United football fan as a bigot, and vice versa, because the two sets of fans hate each other. Now there is nothing wrong in that hater hating what he hates - everybody has something they hate - but he is called a bigot only because he hates something that the name-caller likes.

With homosexuality it's even worse. For some reason we are constantly being told nowadays in the West that we MUST all like queers. ALL of us MUST like and "tolerate" them and we are now allowed differing views on the matter. Those people who hate homosexuality, such as myself, are labelled "bigots" only by people who are annoyed that the "homophobes" take a differing view from the evil PC consensus.

Bigots are merely people with differing opinions.
Last edited by Blackleaf; Jun 6th, 2016 at 12:09 PM..
 
B00Mer
#52
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Well, what's a bigot? A bigot is merely a term used by a person to describe another person because that other person hates something that that name-caller likes. A Liverpool football fan would describe a Manchester United football as a bigot, and vice versa. Now there is nothing wrong in that hater hating what he hates - everybody has something they hate - but he is called a bigot only because he hates something that the name-caller likes.

Whatever makes you feel better about being a Bigot.
 
Blackleaf
#53
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Whatever makes you feel better about being a Bigot.

Whether someone is a "bigot" or not is just down to each person's own opinion. Like beauty, bigotry is in the eye of the beholder.
 
Corduroy
+1
#54
If being transgender was a mental disorder, the takeaway would be what you do with that information. Good people would have compassion. Cruel people would use it to mock and oppress. What would Jesus do?

Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Dude, it's 2016.. not 1950..

Blackleaf's more of a 1933 kind of guy.
 
Blackleaf
+1
#55
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Blackleaf's more of a 1933 kind of guy.

Again, that's just a matter of personal opinion.

I'll decide what I like and don't like and what I think is wrong and what is right. I think for myself. I refuse to be part of some pointless PC lefty groupthink which tells its members that they MUST like this and thet MUSTN'T like that and anyone who dares think for themselves and takes an opposing view are labelled a "bigot" or some word with "-phobe" at the end.
 
B00Mer
#56
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Blackleaf's more of a 1933 kind of guy.

You sure he's not more like a neanderthal
 
Serryah
+2
#57
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Again, that's just a matter of personal opinion.

I'll decide what I like and don't like and what I think is wrong and what is right. I think for myself. I refuse to be part of some pointless PC lefty groupthink which tells its members that they MUST like this and thet MUSTN'T like that and anyone who dares think for themselves and takes an opposing view are labelled a "bigot" or some word with "-phobe" at the end.

Dislike who you want, hate who you want, be wrong about things all you want.

The moment you say so publicly you open yourself up to being called out on unreasonable BS. Don't want to be called out on it, keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself.

See, simple Blackie, all you have to do is STFU and you'll be fine!
 
Said1
+1
#58
Generally bigots use the term 'hate' in description of a group of people, who are generally the way they are due nature or whatever. I think using sports fans to add emphasis, or to highlight a point about bigots wherein one group hating the other is called 'bigotry' is weak and stupid...like bigots.
 
Corduroy
+1
#59
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Again, that's just a matter of personal opinion.

That you're a Nazi? I think that's fairly well established. I wouldn't throw the term around lightly. Blackleaf, you're a Nazi.
 
JLM
+2
#60
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Dislike who you want, hate who you want, be wrong about things all you want.

The moment you say so publicly you open yourself up to being called out on unreasonable BS. Don't want to be called out on it, keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself.

See, simple Blackie, all you have to do is STFU and you'll be fine!


Don't piss on his parade, Serryah, one of his few pleasures in life is acting like an idiot!

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Nine times out of eleven, the "experts" spout twaddle.


And where does that put you? About 11 times out of 9!
 

Similar Threads

58
__________ is a mental disorder
by Locutus | Dec 24th, 2015
39
Transgender is a Mental Disorder
by Colpy | Aug 1st, 2015