Wal-Mart's New Goal: Sell All the Beer

Locutus
When Wal-Mart (WMT) began buying a greater number of locally grown fruits and vegetables in 2010, it made sure its efforts got plenty of publicity. But when Walmart decided it wanted to double its alcohol sales by 2016, it didn’t exactly issue a press release.

Customers noticed, and those in the alcohol industry—or, as Walmart prefers, the adult beverage business—certainly took note of the change. “They’ve said they want to be the No. 1 beer seller in the world,” Cameron Smith, the president of an executive search firm that works closely with Walmart’s supplier network, told Bloomberg News. “They’re getting there quick. Everyone in the supplier community is on cloud nine.”

more

Wal-Mart's New Goal: Sell All the Beer - Businessweek

Blackleaf
If it wants rid of its beer it can give it all to me - unless it's that weak, watery North American stuff.

Locutus
+1

SLM
+2
#4  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

If it wants rid of its beer it can give it all to me - unless it's that weak, watery North American stuff.

Walmart is coming after you too. Oh yes, you can't hide from it on your little island you know.

Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Would have been more effective had he actually provided a retort that made sense in context with the actual article in the OP.

Where is the troll pride these days???? I'm telling you they just don't make trolls like they used to.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Where is the troll pride these days???? I'm telling you they just don't make trolls like they used to.

still bears investigation docha think?

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

still bears investigation docha think?

I don't know. Might beer investigation though.

Oh yes. I went there and did that.

Because clearly I'm bored.

So very, very bored.

captain morgan

So very, very bored.

You might strongly consider rushing out and getting a bunch of beer right now.

I can hardly wait to see the direction that your posts take after 1/2 dozen or so

Sal
+1

So very, very bored.

me too and the alternative is vacuuming and floors and laundry...thinking of firing up the keurig again for more coffee

it's freaking 15 brrrrr

Locutus
+2
I'm having an ultrasound in an hour...on my 3rd of 5 glasses of water to have done before I go...I love it...then ya hold it for an hour and some twit presses that glass ball wand down onto your gut to see if you're full...fuk you.

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

You might strongly consider rushing out and getting a bunch of beer right now.

I'm not sure if the beer store is even open yet.

Although I do have a variety of vodka coolers in the refrigerator.

Quote:

I can hardly wait to see the direction that your posts take after 1/2 dozen or so

Very similar to my regular posting style...just with more spelling and grammatical errors, lol.

me too and the alternative is vacuuming and floors and laundry...thinking of firing up the keurig again for more coffee

That actually sounds like a really good idea.

Quote:

it's freaking 15 brrrrr

Love it!

I'm having an ultrasound in an hour...on my 3rd of 5 glasses of water to have done before I go...I love it...then ya hold it for an hour and some twit presses that glass ball wand down onto your gut to see if you're full...fuk you.

You have the most exciting Saturdays!

Sal

happy holding, that is the worst part...wee, wee wee....ALL the way home...I know, fuk me too... I had it done a few months ago...I commiserate...I save the last glass for the ride over even though they tell ya not too...I have a little bladder screw them

Blackleaf

Walmart is coming after you too. Oh yes, you can't hide from it on your little island you know.

Would have been more effective had he actually provided a retort that made sense in context with the actual article in the OP.

If you can point out any inaccuracies in what I just said I'll be happy to correct them.

If you can't find any, then what are you whingeing for? Get a sense of humour.

North America's favourite Carlsberg, a watery 4.8% alcohol

A British and Danish favourite, Special Brew. Originally brewed by Carlsberg to commemorate a visit to Denmark by Winston Churchill in 1950. It was the British who liberated Denmark from German rule on 5th May 1945. In May 1951 two crates of Special Brew were delivered by Denmark to Churchill's London home. Alcohol content 9%.
Last edited by Blackleaf; Aug 10th, 2013 at 08:45 AM..

Locutus
+1

Very similar to my regular posting style...just with more spelling and grammatical errors, lol.

Love it!

It gets me out of the house.

Besides, the wife is watching Littlest Hobo and it drives me nuts.

Sal
+1

Love it!

you're posting double... did ya fire up the keurig or open yon fridge ma sweet?

fall is the hap, happiest time of the year...therefore this summer has been blissful

SLM

It gets me out of the house.

Dude! If you want ideas to get you out of the house, just PM me. You don't have to go to such extremes.

Quote:

Besides, the wife is watching Littlest Hobo and it drives me nuts.

I feel you there.

Although now I have the frigging theme song playing in my head!!

you're posting double... did ya fire up the keurig or open yon fridge ma sweet?

I don't know how in the heck that happened. I guess I just got really, really excited.LOL

(Told you I was bored right?)

Quote:

fall is the hap, happiest time of the year...therefore this summer has been blissful

I absolutely love the part of the summer where it's really cool in the mornings and warms up nicely in the afternoon. Reminds of summers up north, because that's just how it was every day in the summertime. Nostalgia, lol.

Sal

I don't know how in the heck that happened. I guess I just got really, really excited.LOL

they all say that by beer five

Quote:

(Told you I was bored right?)

yessum

Quote:

I absolutely love the part of the summer where it's really cool in the mornings and warms up nicely in the afternoon. Reminds of summers up north, because that's just how it was every day in the summertime. Nostalgia, lol.

me too it's been the best summer EVer!

The Old Medic
This article literally makes no sense.

In MANY states, the sale of alcohol, including beer, is strictly regulated. In many states, you can not "discount" the sales of alcoholic beverages, or can not do this on an ongoing basis.

Plus, Wla-Mart, as with any other retailer, often has to purchase all of their alcoholic beverages from a distributor, who has to follow all Federal, State and local laws concerning alcohol.

In the state that I live in, as an example, some counties are "Dry", with no alcohol sales allowed at all. Some counties allow liquor sales in restaurants, but not in taverns/bars or in liquor stores. Others allow sales in liquor stores, but not in any other outlet.

No alcohol sales are allowed on Sundays, unless a Bar/Restaurant has a special license. They are expensive to get, so most places do not bother. No retail sales outlet can sell alcohol in any form on Sunday.

Lots of states have all kinds of weird liquor laws, restricting who can sell it, when it can be sold, what form in can be sold in, etc., etc. There are several states that only allow sales from State liquor stores.

So, Wal-Mart is NOT going to corner the market on beer. They want to increase their sales, because like any private company, they want to increase their profits.

gerryh

It was the British who liberated Denmark from German rule on 5th May 1945.

Technically, no one liberated Denmark as the Germans had pulled out before anyone arrived.

B00Mer

Just start selling 40 oz and they have the market closed.

Sal
+1

Sal's New Goal: Drink All the Wine

Especially this one:

L Gilbert
+1

Ultrasound? You preggers?

If you can point out any inaccuracies in what I just said I'll be happy to correct them.

"Whingeing"? Is that the Queen's English or regular English? lol And you all make fun of other people's speech. lol

Quote:

A British and Danish favourite, Special Brew. Originally brewed by Carlsberg to commemorate a visit to Denmark by Winston Churchill in 1950. It was the British who liberated Denmark from German rule on 5th May 1945. In May 1951 two crates of Special Brew were delivered by Denmark to Churchill's London home. Alcohol content 9%.

9%? No wonder you all get snapped after only a handful a beers.
I prefer Tuborg over Carlsberg. Prefer German beers over Danish beers. But then I don't drink to get stupid. I drink to socialize and drink for taste.
lmao British "liberation of Denmark". Not hardly a claim to fame. The resistance basically liberated Denmark and by the time the Brits poked their noses in there was extremely little fight left in the Germans and most of that was dealt with by the resistance.
lmao You Brits sure are legends in your own minds.

haha Just found this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ww2peop...a4000320.shtml

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Ultrasound? You preggers?

Kidney stone follow-up man. Male abdominal/pelvic. No biggie.

I recommend the transrectal prostate ultrasound however.

SLM

Yeah but you're just kinky that way.

L Gilbert

Kidney stone follow-up man. Male abdominal/pelvic. No biggie.

Ah, preggers. I had a 1 cm one. They used a space type ray-gun on mine to blast it to bits.

Quote:

I decided against getting preggers ever again. Been eating B-3 (also good for cholesterol), B-6, and B-12 and upping green leafy stuff intake. Ears haven't grown yet.

Locutus
+1
@ Les: You'll pass stones under 3cm and never know it.

It's the bigger spinier ones that get caught that can cause the pain. I've had 2. I do not recommend that level of pain.

@SLM...The transrectal wand for exterior prostate volume measurement kinda feels like you should pay for it.

SLM

@SLM...The transrectal wand for exterior prostate volume measurement kinda feels like you should pay for it.

Lol. That's the kinky side of you I know and love.

eh1eh

Don't worry dude there is a Tesco/NHS consortium in the works to create a total retail monopoly in Britain servicing people from birth to death. Good beer all your life.

Nuggler

Sal's New Goal: Drink All the Wine

Especially this one:

you can have all of mine: Wine really makes me ill. Just a couple of glasses and I feel like heaving. Funny................er............weird.

Really have tried to like wine, but no go.

Me and Molson Canadian got a thing going on. yup.