Thank-you, Mr. President

Walter
+2 / -1
We have the Bamster to thank for this.
For the First Time, Canadians Now Richer Than Americans - US News and World Report

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

For the First Time, Canadians Now Richer Than Americans - US News and World Report

Really, so how is Obama responsible for this??

I think it was the perfect storm and started after Clinton left the White House and the attacks on the USA 9/11.

After that it has been a number of failed decisions, from a costly war to bail outs that should never have happened and raising the debt ceiling..

Obama is just riding the tail end of the comet, and not doing a whole lot better than Bush did.

It's both the Republicans and Democrats that share equal blame for the US economy.

Goober
Free Thinker
+3 / -1
#3  Top Rated Post

2 Wars- 2 trillion and counting - counting upwards that is- Had fuk all to do with the financial situation in the US- Oh yes - then the meltdown- All under Bush the Lesser - Though Clinton did have a role-

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

2 Wars- 2 trillion and counting - counting upwards that is- Had fuk all to do with the financial situation in the US- Oh yes - then the meltdown- All under Bush the Lesser - Though Clinton did have a role-

Did you forget that while Georgie was President, Obama was part of congress that helped cause the economic woes, he also signed another bail out package turning GM into Government Motors, as well as this Health Care bill which in many ways creates more deficit.

If Obama was so concerned about the cost of carrying on 2 wars, he could have pulled the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan immediately. He basically became Bush 2 in many ways, keeping Guantanamo Bay open, keeping Bush taxes cuts, fighting 2 wars..

EH!! Goes figures, Obama and Bush are related.. cousins.

[youtube]7l8lQgD4O7s[/youtube]

Locutus
Another opinion:

Terence Corcoran: Not wealthy enough to gloat | FP Comment | Financial Post

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
Why are we happy to be richer than fresh new third-worlders?

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+3
Walter's hero Bush did more to devalue the dollar than did anyone else:

Contrary To GOP Candidates' Claims, Obama And The Fed Aren't Devaluing The Dollar | ThinkProgress

This caused much of the economic problems today but, as always, it's

Blame Clinton!

Blame Obama!

Blame Gopher!

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

It's only materialistic people who really give a sh*t! It's not how much you have, it's what you do with what you got!

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Walter's hero Bush did more to devalue the dollar than did anyone else:

huh, I think Bush was a good President.. not to mention, I lived in the same state. woOt!

I think he was brave to unilaterally go at it alone into Iraq.. showed balls.

Sure you can't argue with facts, 9/11 and the war was costly.. as well as the bail out. nevertheless.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Did you forget that while Georgie was President, Obama was part of congress that helped cause the economic woes, he also signed another bail out package turning GM into Government Motors, as well as this Health Care bill which in many ways creates more deficit.

If Obama was so concerned about the cost of carrying on 2 wars, he could have pulled the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan immediately. He basically became Bush 2 in many ways, keeping Guantanamo Bay open, keeping Bush taxes cuts, fighting 2 wars..

EH!! Goes figures, Obama and Bush are related.. cousins.

[youtube]7l8lQgD4O7s[/youtube]

Oh right. Apparently you missed the heavy right wing criticism leveled at Obama when he stuck to his promise to pull US troop s out of Iraq. Dittto for Afghanistan BTW.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Oh right. Apparently you missed the heavy right wing criticism leveled at Obama when he stuck to his promise to pull US troop s out of Iraq. Dittto for Afghanistan BTW.

Do you think "ANY" President Republican or Democrat would have kept American troops in a country they are not wanted, and it's bankrupting the county??

Obama promised to pull ALL the troops out by 2009, he was a little late on the promise, 2011.

He kept his promise for Guantanamo Bay detention camp too.. oh yeah, no he didn't.

Look both Obama and Bush have had a rough ride.. I'm not taking sides.. I think the 9/11 terrorist attacks and a few bad choices by both Bush and Obama have brought the US to it's current economic state.
Last edited by B00Mer; Jul 18th, 2012 at 11:13 PM..

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote:

Obama promised to pull ALL the troops out by 2009, he was a little late on the promise, 2011.

That is incorrect as we discussed on this forum previously. He said 2011, not 2009 and kept his word. Still, in my book, he should have done it overnight.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

That is incorrect as we discussed on this forum previously. He said 2011, not 2009 and kept his word. Still, in my book, he should have done it overnight.

[youtube]4WYTKj8pU5M[/youtube]

4:35 minute mark 16 months
5:45 minute mark year 2009

I am not sure how you can argue words spoken on video.. or you just ignore them and say; "well he didn't mean that.." whatever, whatever...

Inauguration day was Jan 20, 2009, and by my math 16 months falls short of 2011. Just say'in
Last edited by B00Mer; Jul 19th, 2012 at 09:33 PM..

WLDB
No Party Affiliation
+1

Are you even an American?

BaalsTears
Do you folks in Canada like Obama's drone war over the nigh time skies of large parts of the world?

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

Are you even an American?

Myself, I'm a Canadian Citizen and US Citizen...

We are all "American," at least the last time I looked at a map...

Mulcair is an American and a European...

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTears View Post

Do you folks in Canada like Obama's drone war over the nigh time skies of large parts of the world?

It's not just obamas. It's american..period. I've said it before, doesn't matter if it's a democrat or a republican in office. All americans are war mongers. With the amount of killing america does, I doubt any of them really know what peace is.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation

Let me ask you a question, before I answer yours... are you on his list??

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

And an Asshole!

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

And an Asshole!

who? Me or Mulcair...

eh, I've been called worse..

gerryh
+1

Really. Accepted definition of "american" is someone that is a citizen of the united s***s of america. I don't live there, therefore I am NOT an american. I am a Canadian.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Really. Accepted definition of "American" is someone that is a citizen of the united s***s of America. I don't live there, therefore I am NOT an American. I am a Canadian.

Yet, you also live on the continent America... which also makes you American.. geographically speaking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_%28word%29

BaalsTears
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

It's not just obamas. It's american..period. I've said it before, doesn't matter if it's a democrat or a republican in office. All americans are war mongers. With the amount of killing america does, I doubt any of them really know what peace is.

That's not a very nuanced opinion. I asked about the drone war. That didn't take off, as it were, until after President Obama was inaugurated. There is no basis in either American or international law that legitimizes this drone war. This makes Mr. Obama a candidate for the Hague.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1

That's not a very nuanced opinion. I asked about the drone war. That didn't take off, as it were, until after President Obama was inaugurated. There is no basis in either American or international law that legitimizes this drone war. This makes Mr. Obama a candidate for the Hague.

Personally, I guess I'm won of those war mongers gerryh was talking about..

I think Bush did right by going into Iraq, and I think Obama needs more drone attacks..

Whatever it takes to stop terrorism from coming to our shores again, do it. Because the next time it could be a nuke in a container shipped into the Long Beach harbor.

..or even an attack on Canada.. even though most Canadian feel it will never happen. (Air India should be a reminder, it did)

willqccan
Free Thinker
+1
I'd vote Obama if I was in the U.S., he's the lesser of two evils. Plus, the "Obamacare" is a good thing for americans even of it's not perfect. We have a public health system here and we can be proud of it. There's no point to being wealthy if you can't be healthy.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

who? Me or Mulcair...

eh, I've been called worse..

I WAS thinking of Mulcair!

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by willqccan View Post

I'd vote Obama if I was in the U.S., he's the lesser of two evils. Plus, the "Obamacare" is a good thing for americans even of it's not perfect. We have a public health system here and we can be proud of it. There's no point to being wealthy if you can't be healthy.

Yes, but if you're weathy, you CAN afford to be healthy in the United States..

They have the best health care system, that money CAN buy..

Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I WAS thinking of Mulcair!

Thanks.. I'll try to stay on your good side..

willqccan
Free Thinker

Yes, but if you're weathy, you CAN afford to be healthy in the United States..
They have the best health care system, that money CAN buy..

Yes, but if you're poor they let you rot in the street, that's the sad part. Here, you only need a little plastic card.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by willqccan View Post

Yes, but if you're poor they let you rot in the street, that's the sad part. Here, you only need a little plastic card.

Actually that's not 100% correct.. you may not get the fastest or the best care, but you will be taken care of, after you fill out a sh!t load of paperwork.

MediCare and MediCaid are designed just for that.. link below will explain it better.

What is Medicare? What is Medicaid?

Also, in Canada, some provinces charge higher monthly premiums if you are clinically diagnosed with an illness.. I think Ontario does this to business owners, based on yearly income.

BTW, I prefer the Canadian health care system over the U.S. health care system, I have used both when diagnosed with a parotid mass (tumor) behind my left ear on the neck. Canadian system kept care of it.

willqccan
Free Thinker

Actually that's not 100% correct.. you may not get the fastest or the best care, but you will be taken care of, after you fill out a sh!t load of paperwork.

MediCare and MediCaid are designed just for that.. link below will explain it better.

What is Medicare? What is Medicaid?

Also, in Canada, some provinces charge higher monthly premiums if you are clinically diagnosed with an illness.. I think Ontario does this to business owners, based on yearly income.

BTW, I prefer the Canadian health care system over the U.S. health care system, I have used both when diagnosed with a parotid mass (tumor) behind my left ear on the neck. Canadian system kept care of it.

Yeah, it's working well here in general.

From what I read on the site you mentioned, there must be some management problems since each state sets its own rules. That's probably what they want to correct with their new system.