Three Pieces of Evidence That Prove Evolution is a Fact


B00Mer
#1
Three Pieces of Evidence That Prove Evolution is a Fact



For over 150 years—since the time of Charles Darwin—the Theory of Evolution has been through more scrutiny and rigorous investigation than just about any other scientific claim. And the theory has only been strengthened as more evidence has been accrued. While there are many that people who, for ideological reasons, want to make it seem like evolution is not widely accepted within the scientific community, this is not actually the case.

Across universities, research institutions, and scientific organizations, evolution is not only nearly universally accepted, it is also the basis upon which active, exciting, and important research is being done. Indeed, the scientific fact that is evolution is the basis of most of biology.

To that end, this is a complete overview of the most direct evidence in support of evolution.

Common Traits. Common Ancestor.

Think about your family. You and your closest relatives look more alike than you and your cousins. Likewise, you look more like your cousins than you do more distant relatives, and more like distant relatives that people on the other side of the globe. The closer you are related, by-and-large, the more similarities you share. Of course, these similarities extend well beyond the surface level, reaching into our genetics.



This patterning, like in your family, extends throughout all life on Earth. The patterning of the similarities speaks volumes. In evolution, these “similarities” are known as “synapomorphies.” They are characteristics that are present in ancestral species and are shared exclusively (in more or less modified form) by this species evolutionary descendants. Synapomorphies come in nested hierarchies that are related to the variety and intensity of the similarities.

Why is this the case? The similarities have been inherited from common ancestors, and the further back in time any two species shared a common ancestor, the more faded and distant the similarities become. It is important to note that, species with a large number of similarities tend to live near each other—penguin species only live in the Southern Hemisphere, marsupials live almost exclusively in Australia, cacti almost exclusively in the Americas, lemurs in Madagascar, etc. If evolution was not true, this geographic patterning would make absolutely no sense. Furthermore, these similarities often seem to be completely arbitrary, rather than having some selective advantage.



We See Species Changing Over Time

One of the most important discoveries that lead to Darwin’s Theory of Evolution was extinct animals found as fossils. Early paleontologists, like Charles Lyell and George Cuvier, noticed a very simple fact: Species that lived in the past are very often drastically, wildly different from anything alive today. Trilobites, dinosaurs, giant sloths, baculites, etc., they all suggest that life on Earth has changed quite a bit.

That would be interesting enough on its own. What makes it more interesting is that, the further back one goes, the more different the species appear when compared to today’s species. These overarching trends can also be seen on the individual level, as lineages can be seen changing over time.

How do we know, though, that fossil progressions don’t just represent separate, unrelated species? First, they have similarities that suggest they are related (see above reasoning concerning similarities between species). Secondly, they represent a trend, also known as a progression of change. For instance, over time, the species go from low expression of a certain trait to intermediate expression to high expression. Like the evolution of legs, for example. In fact, since we are on the topic, there is no missing link in evolution.

Lastly, the fossils are dated and organized by direct means (like radiometric dating) or indirect means (like relative dating using unique marker layers, fossils, or other techniques).

Example fossils:



Fossils aren’t the only way that we can see species changing. We can see it in a laboratory, across geographic distribution as a species spreads, or through artificial selection performed by humans.

Examples of species changing in recorded history:



The Remnants of Past Generations

Turn over a manufactured product today, and you are likely to see a small sticker or tag that says what country it was made in. Like those tags, species bear the marks of where they came from. These signs of origin might come in the form of repurposed traits, traits that hurt a species chances of surviving or reproducing. Put simply, species are flawed, and it’s these flaws that clearly tell of their natural origin.

Examples:



If you didn’t know any better, you might think this was a flattened elephant foot. Well, that’s not far from the truth since manatees are closely related to elephants. The West Indian manatee (Trichechus manatus) has fingernails on its flippers and hair on its body (visible in this photo).
(Image source: Fritz Geller-Grimm)



Other non-human mammals can produce Vitamin C. They don’t need it from their diet. Humans, on the other hand, have had ancestors that have been eating fruit for so long (which is high in vitamin C) that our vitamin C genes long ago mutated. We do, however, still possess its remnant in pseudogene form. (source)
What’s so powerful about learning these three basic facts about evolution is that you now have the ability to look at any species and ask yourself these questions:

  • Does this species share similarities with other species that might suggest that they are closely related?
  • Are there progressions of change for this species that we can see in the fossil record, recorded history, or across geography?
  • Does this species have any traits that are the remnants of past generations?


Those three simple questions can, if you let them, transform the way you look at the biological realm around you. Go ahead. Ask away. Biology will never look the same.

source

In Walter's case, he's the missing link.
 
Twila
#2
 
Jinentonix
+2
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

You know the flu shot is just a crap shoot, right? This is how it works. They send people to China (primarily) to see which strain of flu looks like it will be the break out strain. Once they've made their assessment production of a vaccine begins. The problem is, if another strain ends up being the break out strain, as has happened before, the flu shot is not only useless, it's potentially very dangerous.

I've only ever had two flu shots and both times I ended up pretty damn sick with the flu. I haven't had one since.
 
Twila
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

You know the flu shot is just a crap shoot, right? This is how it works. They send people to China (primarily) to see which strain of flu looks like it will be the break out strain. Once they've made their assessment production of a vaccine begins. The problem is, if another strain ends up being the break out strain, as has happened before, the flu shot is not only useless, it's potentially very dangerous.

I've only ever had two flu shots and both times I ended up pretty damn sick with the flu. I haven't had one since.

what makes you say that?
 
darkbeaver
#5
Except most of the evidence is not factual, not the geology and not the radiocarbon dating.
 
Dexter Sinister
#6
Sure Beave, and what makes you think that you, an untrained non-scientist, are in a position to gainsay the hard-won findings of centuries of painstaking evidence gathering and analysis and testing by some of the brightest minds there have ever been, and conclude that the whole corpus of modern science is the result of a vast conspiracy to deceive us all about the true nature of reality? Have you missed the fact that science's findings lead to useful technologies, things that work?
 
Bar Sinister
+1
#7
Does any thinking person still doubt this? The only organism that has not evolved is the religious brain.
 
MHz
#8
Ge:1 and the old earth creation theory a beginning 4B years ago and an ending that is 3.6B years from 'now' seems about right. 3 lines if life. Early life when plants existed is promoted as being giant insects and that is what you would find in a forest but no mention of the top of the line creature in a forest, birds. Seas have whales as the top of the heap and for all intensive a bird adopting to life in water would take a few million years of adaptation at best. No changing the blood or the motion of the spine, move the nose and altar the wings and feet and you have a new creation, not as it is an adaptation of a certain design. Land animals are another separate line with adaptation being the reason for the variety. There is no crossover bones to be found.
 
Dexter Sinister
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Does any thinking person still doubt this?

No, but there are a few non-thinking persons here.
 
spaminator
+1
#10
 
Danbones
#11

Maize cobs uncovered by archaeologists show the evolution of modern maize over thousands of years of selective breeding. Even the oldest archaeological samples bear an unmistakable resemblance to modern maize. Photo © Robert S. Peabody Museum of Archaeology, Phillips Academy, Andover, Massachusetts. All Rights Reserved.
http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/conte...rogression.jpg

Through the study of genetics, we know today that corn's wild ancestor is a grass called teosinte. Teosinte doesn't look much like maize, especially when you compare its kernals to those of corn. But at the DNA level, the two are surprisingly alike. They have the same number of chromosomes and a remarkably similar arrangement of genes. In fact, teosinte can cross-breed with modern maize varieties to form maize-teosinte hybrids that can go on to reproduce naturally.

Scientists study teosinte-maize hybrids and their offspring through the process of genetic archaeology. This process helps geneticists understand what is happening at the DNA level to make teosinte and maize so different. By combining clues from genetics and the archaeological record, scientists have pieced together much of the story of maize evolution.


Evolution of Corn

the proof of evolution is pretty corny



but if you study the concept doggedly...






"Only in the past 100 years have we really started to breed pet properties in dog breeds."
DNA reveals new picture of dog origins | ScienceNordic

ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD TAKE THE FLU VACCINE
But it is a great way to take yourself out of gene pool for the benefit of the rest of us.
Last edited by Danbones; Jul 14th, 2017 at 06:16 AM..
 
MHz
+1
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

No, but there are a few non-thinking persons here.

Step right up to the microphone there Dex and explain to us why we are too close to being knuckle-draggers to deserve any sort of scientific based reply.

There is a lot of prophecy about this bit below. They all have the timing wrong. The reason doesn't have to do with my version being mysterious and correct it is more that the other version is intentionally wrong and nobody seems to be speaking out about the error. When is the last time you argues some point that science has gotten wrong??

You must have covered this in your exhaustive study somewhere in the past.

In light of the context of this verse the appearance of Elias in the flesh will have taken place as the first event after Christ has killed all sinners on the earth, angelic as well as from mankind.

Iím also pretty sure that today is the first time this concept has been forwarded in that specific context.

Mal:4:1:
For,
behold,
the day cometh,
that shall burn as an oven;
and all the proud,
yea,
and all that do wickedly,
shall be stubble:
and the day that cometh shall burn them up,
saith the LORD of hosts,
that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

The verse above is referring to the wrath at the end of the 1,000 year reign and fallen angels are the that are experiencing the fire rather than it being the men that are killed in the wrath part that comes first. Parts are left when Christ kills 2/3 of all Gentiles alive, even when the 200M angelic horsemen are killed there are bones left that are gathered and buried in a specific place for the duration of the 1,000 year reign. Men that die do not have their bones gathered and buried in that graveyard so they do not suffers the fate that awaits the 4 fallen angels.

It is at the end of Revelations that a 2nd Babylon is revealed so all the OT prophecy should be examined with that thought in mine. Minimal damage and a remnant left compared to total extinction and not even chaff is left . The people killed at the start are followers rather than leaders so are punished less.

The passage this verse comes from start with the last 3 verses from Zec:13

Zec:14:12:
And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem;
Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet,
and their eyes shall consume away in their holes,
and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

If that same timeframe is kept the understanding of the verses would be as follows. The ones in fear is the whole of the 144,000 that are the remnant of the 12 Tribes and the 1/3 of the living Gentiles that survive the 7 vials experience a time of growth and understanding that qualifies them as being ĎSaintí by the time Satan is released. The 12 tribes are a whole people on the 1st day the resurrection can start and the Gentiles only become a whole people at the end of the Great White Throne event.

Mal:4:2:
But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings;
and ye shall go forth,
and grow up as calves of the stall.

The sinners that die on the same day the resurrection takes place are alive and in the grave. They would be the rich man in the prophecy that also has the beggar Lazarus asleep.

Mal:4:3:
And ye shall tread down the wicked;
for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this,
saith the LORD of hosts.

Mal:4:4-5:
Remember ye the law of Moses my servant,
which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel,
with the statutes and judgments.
Behold,
I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children,
and the heart of the children to their fathers,
lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

He was alive in the OT and that was his mission, starting on the 1st day of the 1,000 year reign he will be alive again. Being one of the 40 Scribes that God used he has an advantage over most people that will also be alive on that same day. The 24 Elders are picked from mankind and that Temple was open for business when the Luke:21:24 was fulfilled in 70AD. Some OT Saints were resurrected on the same morning that Jesus was and they would have ascended to that temple and they stayed there and only Jesus came back for 40 days. (to help the ones baptized with the Holy Spirit go through the same 40 days purification that Jesus went through after John baptized Jesus in the River Jordan) The 24 Elders are promised thrones as they are the smartest and considering Satan release is the next big event the way things were before the flood of water would prepare the people so they see through the lies.

Moses and Elias and many more will be ahead of the Gentiles gathered by reading a book and as such they are instructors as well as being students themselves as there is a lot to lean in that time that will qualify them as being able to act as shepherds to the people that only come alive at the Great White Throne. The new earth will look just like the garden area did before the mist is let in and because all flesh that had life on this version of Godís earth will have that same life restored in the new earth. The model is the fresh water fish in the former Dead Sea verses in Eze:47 only the new earth is much larger and permanent.

Eze:47:8:
Then said he unto me,
These waters issue out toward the east country,
and go down into the desert,
and go into the sea:
which being brought forth into the sea,
the waters shall be healed.
Eze:47:9:
And it shall come to pass,
that every thing that liveth,
which moveth,
whithersoever the rivers shall come,
shall live:
and there shall be a very great multitude of fish,
because these waters shall come thither:
for they shall be healed;
and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.

Zec:14:1:
Behold,
the day of the LORD cometh,
and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

This is a long topic on it's own.
 
Dexter Sinister
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Step right up to the microphone there Dex and explain to us why we are too close to being knuckle-draggers to deserve any sort of scientific based reply.

Non-thinkers wouldn't understand a science-based reply. Interesting that you'd assume I meant you were among them...
Quote:

There is a lot of prophecy about this bit below.

...but starting an argument that way gives you membership.
 
Corduroy
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Step right up to the microphone there Dex and explain to us why we are too close to being knuckle-draggers to deserve any sort of scientific based reply.

There is a lot of prophecy about this bit below. They all have the timing wrong. The reason doesn't have to do with my version being mysterious and correct it is more that the other version is intentionally wrong and nobody seems to be speaking out about the error.

This seems new. You make prophecies?
 
darkbeaver
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

Sure Beave, and what makes you think that you, an untrained non-scientist, are in a position to gainsay the hard-won findings of centuries of painstaking evidence gathering and analysis and testing by some of the brightest minds there have ever been, and conclude that the whole corpus of modern science is the result of a vast conspiracy to deceive us all about the true nature of reality? Have you missed the fact that science's findings lead to useful technologies, things that work?

I am a scientist by virtue of strict adherance to the method, I take no money from any institution to compromise my credentials and credibility. The idea that you a believer in the absurd nuclear sun would dare to contradict me is an indication of your advanced alcholism.
Thankyou for the nude pictures, you are a handsome man of course but I'm too old to perform any of the exercises you suggested.
I have never denied that science led to the developement of the screwdriver. Or did the screwdriver evolve in tandem with the chimp/pig hybred known as human?

EUGENE M. MCCARTHY, PHD GENETICS

http://www.macroevolution.net/human-...l#.VHc8imdOW1v
Last edited by darkbeaver; Jul 14th, 2017 at 11:45 AM..
 
Jinentonix
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

what makes you say that?

The very same people who are involved in studying the epidemiology of the flu virus. They admitted that the process is educated guesswork when determining which would be the break-out strain. I may have been a little glib when I called it a crap shoot because they do get it right a fair bit more often than not. But nature has been known to throw a curve-ball now and then when it comes to which flu strain ultimately makes the break-out.
 
MHz
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

Non-thinkers wouldn't understand a science-based reply. Interesting that you'd assume I meant you were among them......but starting an argument that way gives you membership.

lol maybe I was going by what you have promoted by every post you have ever made in my direction. Then you say I'm included anyway.
 
taxslave
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

what makes you say that?

Because it is true.
 
darkbeaver
#19
Charles Darwin was stupid.
 
MHz
+1
#20
Who?
 
Blackleaf
#21
He came from a very clever family did Mr Darwin. His great-grandfather, Josiah Wedgwood, gave us Wedgwood pottery and his grandfather Thomas Wedgwood helped invent photography.
 
Danbones
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Charles Darwin was stupid.

Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Who?

Stu, Stu Pid...from the royal society of Science.
Please to meet you, can you guess my name...?

(I am travelling under a mistaken identity, shhhhh...don't tell anyone
I believe in the recreationism...say, is that a nice chair and a cold beer?)

You can tell why I had to write under a name de plume I guess?
Last edited by Danbones; Jul 16th, 2017 at 09:24 PM..
 
Dexter Sinister
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

I am a scientist by virtue of strict adherance to the method

Adhering to the method doesn't make you a scientist. That's like claiming adherence to the rituals of Catholicism makes you a priest. But your claim is false anyway, you don't adhere to the method and have at best only the most rudimentary understanding of it. Otherwise you'd know that Velikovsky made no useful contributions to science, the sun is powered by nuclear fusion, and the earth is not expanding.
 
Danbones
#24
Actually he put catastrophism on the map, so you are incorrect.
I'm guessing you never read any of his work, which if true, would not make you an expert.
 
darkbeaver
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

Adhering to the method doesn't make you a scientist. That's like claiming adherence to the rituals of Catholicism makes you a priest. But your claim is false anyway, you don't adhere to the method and have at best only the most rudimentary understanding of it. Otherwise you'd know that Velikovsky made no useful contributions to science, the sun is powered by nuclear fusion, and the earth is not expanding.

Excuse me, but adherance to the method is the only deciding criteria in the case of who is or who is not a scientist. Or will you insist that a man with a spade excavating in a trench is certainly not a ditch/grave digger? Every contribution made by Velikovsky to science was indeed very usefull. It is quite obvious to us science types that you are an employee of some organization of the counter revolutionary
movement bent on suppression of free scientific disclosure amongst the general public.

Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Actually he put catastrophism on the map, so you are incorrect.
I'm guessing you never read any of his work, which if true, would not make you an expert.

D Sinister is a mixed up kid but not stupid. He's simply been brainwashed by obvious science pretenders like Hawkings the disfunctional corpse who has very likely not had any firing braincells for decades.

6:59
Magnetic Storm, Quake Alert, Food Watch | S0 News

Magnetic Storm, Quake Alert, Food Watch | S0 News
 
MHz
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

and the earth is not expanding.

Really?? If the Oceanic crust timeline was overlaid there is a 200M year gap between the west Coast of North America and the East Coast of China. I define that as expansion. The Hawaiian Islands are over a hot-spot and the chain of islands that curves towards Alaska is a history of the hot-spot that is a stationary up-welling of magma that is coming up from the core as that is the hottest part of the planet. Let's add some new elements into it. Yellowstone is also over a hot-spot and assuming that up-welling is also stationary it's history leads back to the Great Lakes so perhaps their creation is due to an area that was over a hot-spot had the magma chambers come under a vacuum due to the area being above an area where the same amount of magma is heading back to the core collapses the empty void and the Great Lakes were landscaped into the form they have today. The vid about that area would be worth watching as the St Lawrence is a stretch mark, just like all the fracture zones in the Pacific Ocean basin.
Another aspect is water levels. 10,000BC - ???? the ocean levels were 400 ft lower than they are today but go farther back in time and Alberta was a shallow sea and that leaves the question of where the water went. Simple answer, as the oceanic rifts all expanded at the same time that left a void for the water to recede off the highest parts of the land. 200M years of spreading is showing and if the process was going on even longer there is your subduction zone. England split off from the EU and in being dragged out to sea and it will eventually be dragged do the bottom of the sea due to the Icelandic Rift expanding material towards the EU. The Pacific Rift off the coast of BC as once at the BC/AB border and BC is a result of material piling up rather than being pulled under. It is still expansion. Any advancement in knowledge comes from debate rather than from lectures where no questions are allowed. Hudson Bay and the GOM would be formed the same way as the Great Lakes.



[youtube]cAzSHP7ETPQ[/youtube]
The Permian Extinction | Mammal-Like Reptiles

Try insects that are part of an eco system. There should also be warm blooded flying things around at that time also as they are the top of the food change these days.
 
darkbeaver
#27
At this time the earth is expanding as opposed to some other time when it wound be shrinking mass wise. How the hell does Sinister think orbital stability might otherwise be maintained? What does charge weigh?

MHZ, you are going to be punished for screwing up this thread. Wheel the rack out Igor Locutus would you like a good fellow. My goodness your back lump is looking very ugly today, are you body building again?
 
MHz
#28
I knew you would finally get me back for that green ink thing where I turned ya in.

With the dia at 50% of what it is today what would a T-Rex weigh then the spinning ballerina effect is properly applied? Inquiring minds want to know

BTW I don't have my back to you and you look especially attractive today.
 
darkbeaver
#29
The mass of a body can change without a shift in size though. Capacity rules here usually.
 
MHz
#30
Dense is not just a mental condition.
 

Similar Threads

0
pounding hot pieces of ***
by spaminator | May 8th, 2014
0
Bits and Pieces - whatever became of them?
by Blackleaf | Dec 27th, 2006
4
A Million Little Pieces
by MMMike | Jan 27th, 2006