Michigan man wins $80M lottery, must pay half to ex-wife

spaminator
Michigan man wins $80M lottery, must pay half to ex-wife
Postmedia News
Published:
June 21, 2019
Updated:
June 21, 2019 6:29 PM EDT
A customer holds a stack of Mega Millions lottery tickets which he purchased for his office pool at a convenience store on December 17, 2013 in Chicago, Illinois. Getty Images
A Michigan man who won the lottery during his divorce got taken to the cleaners by his ex-wife.
Richard Anthony Zelasko, 50, learned the decision by an arbitrator who made him share half of the $80 million he won with his ex-wife, Mary Elizabeth, 48, was upheld last week by the Michigan Court of Appeals after a six-year legal battle, the Daily Mail reports.
According to the Daily Mail, the arbitrator, John Mills, determined Zelasko’s winnings are marital property and ruled “losses throughout the marriage were incurred jointly, so should winnings be shared jointly.”
Mills said: “It’s true the defendant spent $1 to purchase the winning lottery ticket, however, the dollar spent was arguably marital money and, as such, a joint investment.”
Elizabeth filed for divorce after being married to Zelasko for seven years from 2004 to 2011. During the divorce proceedings in 2013, Zelasko hit the jackpot, winning $80 million in the Mega Millions lottery. Zelasko ended up taking a lump sum payment of $38 million.
Powerball and Mega Millions lottery tickets are displayed on January 3, 2018 in San Anselmo, California. Getty Images
Zelasko had fought the arbitrator’s decision since 2013, but Mills recently passed away and Zelasko tried to void all the decisions made by the deceased arbitrator. Instead, a new arbitrator was assigned and Mill’s decisions were upheld.
The Daily Mail reports court documents detail comments by Elizabeth claiming she was the breadwinner in the marriage, earning an income in the range of $100,000 to $120,000 compared to Zelasko’s income of $36,000.
SEX DROUGHT: Blond Brit lottery winner hasn’t had sex in a year
N.J. man nearly forgets $273M lottery ticket in store
To complicate matters further, it was claimed Elizabeth received no financial support from Zelasko for their three children.
Consequently, Elizabeth was awarded not only $15 million of the lottery winnings but also $7,000 in monthly child support.
http://dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...f-ex-wife.html
http://torontosun.com/news/weird/mic...alf-to-ex-wife

B00Mer
meh, I could live off of 40 million for a while..

Blackleaf
+1
If it was the other way round she'd get to keep all the money.

taxslave
+1
He certainly got from the court wht he wasn't getting from his x wife.

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

If it was the other way round she'd get to keep all the money.

TRUE DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

LIE-berals would label the windfall cash as "CHILD SUPPORT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Tell her to KEEP IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

And THEN make the guy SELL the matrimonial home....................................

and give her HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And tell her to ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

My favorite LIE-beral hypocrisy involves an Oshawa woman notorious for her bad temper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such that she found it hard to even hold a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Regular temper flare ups and regularly FIRED as a result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And hubby decided life was too short and he divorced her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And while he was at the matrimonial home..................................

packing up the last of his stuff to move to his new place.......................................

she grabbed his old .22 calibre rifle and SHOT THE GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She was a BAD SHOT.....................................

peppered the guy in various non vital spots......................................

such as the jaw.........................................

legs and ribs etc............................................... ...

MULTIPLE SHOTS AS THE GUY TRIED TO FLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and SHE left him to DIE on the floor of their garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wife went off to have a nice cup of tea while waiting for hubby to die..............................

and was TRULY PEEVED when she returned ...........................................

to find the guy was STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the gun was empty and she could not figure out how to reload it................................................ ....

so in her temper.....................................

she used the gun to CLUB THE GUY OVER THE HEAD A FEW TIMES............................................. ...

and went off to find a mop to clean up the blood.......................................

while hubby managed top push the electric door opener and scare the crap out of his neighbours...............................

the bloody ramshackle bullet riddled mess trying to CRAWL out of the garage.................................

like something from a HORROR MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And wife went to jail and served her time.............................

and was released to an UNHAPPY LIFE on welfare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recall I mentioned she is such a WITCH she has never held a steady job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So she SUES HUBBY for support.......................................

Problem is the Statute of Limitations had EXPIRED................................

some years previously while she was in jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but that is NO PROBLEM for our Feminazi loving LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A judge exempted her and allowed the law suit to proceed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because YOU KNOW HOW LIE-berals HATE sharing their GRAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much better for LIE-berals to get the Crazy Broad onto support from Hubby.................................

and get her OFF THEIR welfare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welfare is NOT for crazy white broads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welfare is ONLY for drug addicts and illegals who vote LIE-beral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the guy she tried so hard to murder...................................

is STUCK SUPPORTING the mad bitch.......................................

for the rest of her life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course HE MUST PAY HER.........................................

BEFORE he gets to buy the pain killing drugs HE WILL BE TAKING FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE..................................

courtesy of his nutbar wife who shot him in the face and did PERMANENT NERVE DAMAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well.................LIE-beral justice at its usual BIASED BEST??????????????????

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

You aren't worth a plugged nickle as it is, more money would just make you an even bigger asshole. If it got you onto a leaky boat starting a long cruise I would even buy you the ticket.

Even with $80M they are probably still assholes towards each other, just bigger . . . and better dressed pigs.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

You aren't worth a plugged nickle as it is, more money would just make you an even bigger asshole. If it got you onto a leaky boat starting a long cruise I would even buy you the ticket.

Even with $80M they are probably still assholes towards each other, just bigger . . . and better dressed pigs.

Go back to your drugs MHz.......................................

you have NOTHING to contribute related to an HONEST discussion of Women`s rights and alimony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharia Law is NOT YET IN FORCE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHz
It would seem the dipshit law is the only one in effect here. You would be the chief dipshit in most cases.

Jinentonix
+3
#9  Top Rated Post
I asked my first wife what she would do if I won the lottery. She said she'd divorce me and take half. I said, "Well, I won $12 on a scratcher, here's $6. Keep in touch."

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

First off, the government takes half which leaves 40 mil, so your take would be 20 mil. I bet you would run through that in less than 5 years.

spilledthebeer

It would seem the dipshit law is the only one in effect here. You would be the chief dipshit in most cases.

Even if you gave up the LSD......................................

YOU STILL COULD NOT see properly.......................................... ....

the Camel Dung is clouding your vision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

MHz
The loco collective is the one with vision problems. Things are going downhill for them so you better snuggle up so you don't miss their ending.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

First off, the government takes half which leaves 40 mil, so your take would be 20 mil. I bet you would run through that in less than 5 years.

For the US lotteries that is true. If a Canadian lottery, its tax free. After all, it is already a tax.

Jinentonix
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

You'd be amazed how many big lotto winners were broke within a decade or less after winning. When I say "big", I mean you get at least $25 million in your pocket.

justlooking
All reasonable people would agree the money clock should have stopped in 2011.
All reasonable people would agree this society is lost.

spilledthebeer

The loco collective is the one with vision problems. Things are going downhill for them so you better snuggle up so you don't miss their ending.

Oh MHz...................................

have you been cheated???????????????????????????

DOES YOUR LSD not provide the usual BUZZ for you??????????????????????????????

You are sounding less organized even that usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stpochka
Wow judgment. I wonder how the case ended. Has the ex-husband paid his wife money?

taxslave
Hopefully he has the money and himself out of the country by now to a place with better tax laws.

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Hopefully he has the money and himself out of the country by now to a place with better tax laws.

Oh sure.......................................

there are LOTS of places to go to escape from LIE-berals and Feminazis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Syria...........................

Iran.............................................. ......

Nigeria........................................... ......

Columbia...................................

maybe Bolivia...........................................

you know the kind of places I mean ..................................................

ones with NO EXTRADITION TREATY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biut would you want to live there????????????????????????????

In all other western countries......................................

they haul YOU and your money back........................

to face the Feminazi music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Its a funny thing............................................

LIE-berals are very quick to offer NO FAULT DIVORCE..........................................

but they think male responsibility for a wife......................................

ENDURES TILL DEATH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

A bad hubby must PAY to give a good wife her freedom...........................................

and that seems fair..............................................

BUT WHY .................................................. ...

must a good hubby ALSO PAY........................................

to be free of a BAD WIFE???????????????????????????

LIE-berals DO NOT ANSWER such questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard of a case where an alcoholic Mom was in the middle of a custody battle...........................

and she got asked questions she did not like............................................

and tried to strangle her child for making accusations....................................

she LOST the custody battle.........................................

but hubby STILL PAID the FULL LEGAL BILLS.........................................

and NO CHILD SUPPORT EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As the lawyers said..................................

WE COULD order her to make payments.................................

but she will just refuse............................................ .........

so its not worth the trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Isnt it ODD how far LIE-berals will harass a hubby.....................................

with cancelled drivers license and with - held income tax refunds........................................... .....

yet they will also make ENDLESS EXCUSES for a wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because its 2015 and Feminazis Rule I guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!