Nike Betsy Ross shoe debacle

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Hoid, Kapernick and the rest of the ALT-left extremists are so f*cking stupid it's not even funny anymore.
Obama's inauguration.
According to hoidybowl, OBama is a White natty.

More like an uncle Tom.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Traitor to our country ... I don't know which one you live in.

You better hit the history and geography books. The US was never part of Canada.

Hoid
+1
She wasn't born an American you ignorant fool.

B00Mer

... stitched together by a traitorous wretch ...

Don't bring your mother into this argument..

B00Mer
+1

B00Mer
The Story of the Betsy Ross Flag

In the summer of 1776 (or possibly 1777) Betsy Ross, newly widowed, is said to have received a visit from General George Washington regarding a design for a flag for the new nation. Washington and the Continental Congress had come up with the basic layout, but, according to legend, Betsy allegedly finalized the design, arguing for stars with five points (Washington had suggested six) because the cloth could be folded and cut out with a single snip.

The tale of Washington’s visit to Ross was first made public in 1870, nearly a century later, by Betsy Ross’s grandson. However, the flag’s design was not fixed until later than in 1776 or 1777. Charles Wilson Peale’s 1779 painting of George Washington following the 1777 Battle of Princeton features a flag with six-pointed stars.

Betsy Ross was making flags around that time—a receipt shows that the Pennsylvania State Navy Board paid her 15 pounds for sewing ship’s standards. But similar receipts exist for Philadelphia seamstresses Margaret Manning (from as early as 1775), Cornelia Bridges (1776) and Rebecca Young, whose daughter Mary Pickersgill would sew the mammoth flag that later inspired Francis Scott Key to write “The Star-Spangled Banner.”

Betsy Ross: Later Life, Work, and Children
In June 1777, Betsy married Joseph Ashburn, a sailor, with whom she had two daughters. In 1782 Ashburn was apprehended while working as a privateer in the West Indies and died in a British prison. A year later, Betsy married John Claypoole, a man who had grown up with her in Philadelphia’s Quaker community and had been imprisoned in England with Ashburn. A few months after their wedding, the Treaty of Paris was signed, ending the Revolutionary War. They went on to have five daughters.

Over the next decades, Betsy Claypoole and her daughters sewed upholstery and made flags, banners, and standards for the new nation. In 1810 she made six 18-by-24-foot garrison flags to be sent to New Orleans; the next year she made 27 flags for the Indian Department. She spent her last decade in quiet retirement, her vision failing, and died in 1836, at age 84.

Betsy Ross: A Legacy Unfurled
The records of the U.S. flag’s origins are fragmentary in part because at the time Americans were indifferent to flags as national relics. “The Star-Spangled Banner” was written in 1812 but did not become popular until the 1840s. As the 1876 U.S. Centennial approached, enthusiasm for the flag increased.

It was in that environment, in 1870, that Betsy Claypoole’s grandson William Canby presented the family tale to the Historical Society of Pennsylvania. At the time several claims on the first flag were surfacing, ranging from other Philadelphia seamstresses to a New Hampshire quilting bee said to have fashioned the banner out of cut-up gowns.

Most such stories, however wishfully sourced, expressed a national desire for symbols of female Revolutionary patriotism, of women materially supporting their fighting men and (just perhaps) showing George Washington a better way to make a star.

Jinentonix
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Climate change denier needs to see the proof

ALT-left extremist loser has nothing but lies. I have never denied climate change. In fact, I challenge you to quote anywhere in here where I said the climate doesn't change.
But that's all you ALT-left shit stains have isn't it. Strawmen and ad hominems.

Jinentonix
+2

Climate change denier needs to see the proof

And to further the point, your "retort" is a pretty clear indication that your idiotic comment was just another one of your ass facts. I mean I must be out of the "White natty" loop or something because the first I'm hearing of the 13 star flag being a White natty symbol is coming from a known lying, ALT-left extremist mental midget who thinks Krapnick is some ALT-left god.

Let's see, Krapnick called it a symbol of slavery. Hmmmm, not too sure about that idiotic comment. Betsy Ross was a Quaker. Quakers were famous for being ardent abolitionists. The Quakers were instrumental in the Underground Railroad.
So to sum up your idiotic hero's really bad grasp of history, a pro-abolitionist created a flag that was a symbol of slavery.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting and laughing, because I know you'll punk out as usual, for you to show me how the 13 star flag is a White natty symbol.

Hoid
Nike took it off the market.

How much more proof do you need?

Jinentonix
+1

Because Krapnick stupidly and very erroneously called it a symbol of slavery and Nike folded faster than Superman on laundry day. You're the f*cking mental midget calling it a White natty symbol.
So basically all you've done is cranked up the rhetoric on someone's idiotic claim that he made based on his gross ignorance of history. Well done. Can you get any f*cking dumber?

justlooking
+1

In other words, you have nothing.... as usual.

Jinentonix
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

In other words, you have nothing.... as usual.

Every post he makes is a big nothing burger with a side of bullshit.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Funny to hear the Old Stock Canadians criticizing multi-national corporations.

It's like fundies criticizing their god.

taxslave

She wasn't born an American you ignorant fool.

Did anyone say she was, retard? GO read a history book instead of your graphic novels.

taxslave

Because Krapnick stupidly and very erroneously called it a symbol of slavery and Nike folded faster than Superman on laundry day. You're the f*cking mental midget calling it a White natty symbol.
So basically all you've done is cranked up the rhetoric on someone's idiotic claim that he made based on his gross ignorance of history. Well done. Can you get any f*cking dumber?

GIve him a couple of more posts and I'm sure he will.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Funny to hear the Old Stock Canadians criticizing multi-national corporations.
It's like fundies criticizing their god.

It's a Jewish thing. They're always arguing with their God.

Hoid
Is it surprising that climate change deniers can deny that the 13 star flag is a white natty thang?

No

That is no surprise at all.

pgs
+1

Is it surprising that climate change deniers can deny that the 13 star flag is a white natty thang?

No

Is Woss on fire yet ? How is the drought affecting you ?

Tecumsehsbones
+1

It's a Jewish thing. They're always arguing with their God.

Yeah, but it's cute when people who whimper and moan about corporations not being allowed to do as they see fit with their money and property get all pissy when a corporation does as it sees fit with its money and property.

Jinentonix
+3

No

Is it surprising that some ALT-left extremist f*ck-wit would make specious claims and then provide ZERO proof of its claims? Nope. Not the least bit surprising. In fact, I'd be f*cking shocked if you did.

But keep playing your "everyone who disagrees with me is a climate change denying White natty" game. It's SUCH a convincing argument. Especially when anyone with a reading and comprehension level that goes above and beyond 'See Spot Run' can see that I've never denied climate change or that I'm a racist.

So, we've established three things here. You won't back up your idiotic 13 star flag "thang". You've provided no evidence of my denying climate change, and you've provided zero evidence of me being a racist. You're pretty much batting zero and yet you expect people to take you seriously? What are you, stupid or something? Don't bother answering, it was a rhetorical question. You're an ALT-left extremist asshole, of course you're f*cking stupid.

Jinentonix
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Yeah, but it's cute when people who whimper and moan about corporations not being allowed to do as they see fit with their money and property get all pissy when a corporation does as it sees fit with its money and property.

But it's even cuter when the people who whimper and moan about the 1%ers and child labour cheer a 1%er corporation that uses child labour.

MHz

Is it surprising that some ALT-left extremist f*ck-wit would make specious claims and then provide ZERO proof of its claims? Nope. Not the least bit surprising. In fact, I'd be f*cking shocked if you did.

. . . yet total silence when some psychopath from the loco collective posts immoral material. How about you lead the way and show 'them' how it's done.

MHz

But it's even cuter when the people who whimper and moan about the 1%ers and child labour cheer a 1%er corporation that uses child labour.

There is almost nobody chasing down creeps with crimes this big so why would you expect little issues to get solved or is that what they do, solve a little problem here and there and let the big fish alone.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Is Woss on fire yet ? How is the drought affecting you ?

Only working people live in Woss. His kind would not be welcome.

MHz
You kind isn't welcome anyplace but there, that is how much of a loser your kind is.

Hoid
Here is a symbol that was used by many people for many centuries as a symbol of divinity.

But when adopted by white nattys it became a symbol of something else.

See how that works?

justlooking
+2

it became a symbol of something else.

Only to you, because you are too stupid for your tiny little peabrain to handle
two things at the same time.

You, and people like you.

B00Mer
+2