Fop star: Man only wears clothes from the Regency period

Blackleaf
DAPPER Zack Pinsent only wears clothes from the Regency period 200 years ago.

He turned “dandy man” ten years ago and has snubbed high street brands ever since...

FOP STAR Eccentric tailor, 25, only wears clothes from the Regency period 200 years ago

Jonathan Reilly
28 Jun 2019
The Sun

DAPPER Zack Pinsent only wears clothes from the Regency period 200 years ago.

He turned “dandy man” ten years ago and has snubbed high street brands ever since.

He is known to sport a top hat and cane when shopping in Brighton Credit: SWNS:South West News Service

Zack designs and sews all his outfits Credit: SWNS:South West News Service

The tailor, 25, said: “It’s hard for men to show exuberance. But I love what I do and do it for my enjoyment.”

Typical daywear is knee-high riding boots, waistcoat, jacket and tails.

Zack often sports a top hat and cane to shops.

But he does admit owning a pair of M&S pants.

At 14 his family found his great-grandfather’s old suits while moving home.

To Zack’s glee they fitted. He said: “I decided to burn my only jeans on a bonfire. It was a real turning point.

“On non-school uniform days I would dress in three-piece suits.

“When I got to sixth form I’d dress in historical clothing every day. I was surprised to be voted best dressed in the leavers’ book.”

Zack, from West Sussex, designs and sews his outfits. Some take a year to perfect.

Rough guide to Regency

IN the Regency period (1811-20) “mad” George III was deemed unfit to rule because of his illness.

His son the Prince Regent took over and became George IV when his dad died in 1820.

FOOD: “Exotic” pineapples were a centrepiece on dinner tables of the rich.

CELEBRITY: Young women carried portraits of poet Lord Byron to swoon over.

ENTERTAINMENT: Murder scenes drew crowds.

FASHION: Women shunned underwear under gowns.

He added: “People in the street are almost always positive.”

Zack, who is in a relationship, has a legion of online fans and even gets marriage proposals.

He added: “I think women want someone who cares about his presentation and appearance.”

Zack Pinsent aged 14 - one of the last times he wore modern clothing Credit: SWNS:South West News Service

He has a legion of fans Credit: SWNS:South West News Service

Zack claims he feels more comfortable in the tight get-ups Credit: SWNS:South West News Service

Zack Pinset only wears clothes from the Regency period 200 years ago Credit: SWNS:South West News Service

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/939153...eriod-clothes/

Curious Cdn
"Don we now our gay apparel.
fa la la la la la la"

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

"Don we now our gay apparel.
fa la la la la la la"

He's not wearing gay clothing. He's wearing Recency gentlemen's clothing.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

He's not wearing gay clothing. He's wearing Recency gentlemen's clothing.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Real people did not dress that way in Victorian times, just Fops and Toffs.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Real people did not dress that way in Victorian times, just Fops and Toffs.

Well it's not Victorian clothing. It's Regency clothing.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Well it's not Victorian clothing. It's Regency clothing.

True enough.

... Mad King George ...

Blackleaf
Zack Pinsent, period tailor, talks about his work while exhibiting at the Regency Town House and give an insight to the styles and fashion of the Regency Period in England: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMauI0T8SI8