COVID-19 'Pandemic'


Mockingbird
+1
#9601
Hey pgs where'd you go? We were just starting to have fun. Don't take your ball and go home, come back out and play.
 
JLM
+2
#9602
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yup about 80% of British Columbians are going mask less , a bunch of macho assholes you live among . Some are even enjoying a pint at the local or having a nice restaurant meal . Oh the horror .


I've been eating in restaurants! What's your problem? I gave up booze many years before Covid-19 showed up. P.S. Where did you come across the 80% figure?
 
Ocean Breeze
#9603
School year start date to be pushed back for B.C. students, unclear when in-class learning will begin

https://globalnews.ca/news/7266824/s..._campaign=2020
 
JLM
#9604
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Hey pgs where'd you go? We were just starting to have fun. Don't take your ball and go home, come back out and play.


Was he getting the feeling you were going to win?
 
JLM
#9605
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

School year start date to be pushed back for B.C. students, unclear when in-class learning will begin

https://globalnews.ca/news/7266824/s..._campaign=2020


From the sounds of what I've been hearing on the radio, it might be the second school week in Sept.
 
Mockingbird
+1
#9606
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Was he getting the feeling you were going to win?


Maybe, it's a little disappointing when he runs away though, he usually puts up more of a fight. Perhaps I should go a little easier on him? Na, that not me. Anyway, it's all in fun right?

Oh wait, maybe he didn't run away. Maybe he's sitting on a corner somewhere with a clipboard counting all the locals who aren't wearing face masks. I mean, how else could he come up with that number of 80% since he doesn't trust any news source.
 
JLM
+2
#9607
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Maybe, it's a little disappointing when he runs away though, he usually puts up more of a fight. Perhaps I should go a little easier on him? Na, that not me. Anyway, it's all in fun right?

Oh wait, maybe he didn't run away. Maybe he's sitting on a corner somewhere with a clipboard counting all the locals who aren't wearing face masks. I mean, how else could he come up with that number of 80% since he doesn't trust any news source.


The 80% is B.S. anyway. Going by observations in local businesses, it's pretty close to 50/50.
 
Mockingbird
+1
#9608
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

The 80% is B.S. anyway. Going by observations in local businesses, it's pretty close to 50/50.


It certainly reeks of a number pulled out of ones own ass. I too have heard it's more likely 50/50.
 
JLM
+2
#9609
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Its H1N1 and yes it's in flu shots.


Thanks for the information, Pete.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#9610
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Its H1N1 and yes it's in flu shots.

That vaccine came in 2009 -- a bit late for the 1918 outbreak.
 
JLM
#9611
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

That vaccine came in 2009 -- a bit late for the 1918 outbreak.


That is a moot point. Could it possibly be effective for the 2020 outbreak?
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#9612
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

That is a moot point. Could it possibly be effective for the 2020 outbreak?


It was the point you were asking about for 1918 outbreak. You asked how it ended and if there was a vaccine. Short answer there was not in 1918 and the flu just ran its course. People who survived it acquired immunity and eventually nobody was around to spread it.


The vaccine will likely have little effect on COVID as they are different viruses.
 
JLM
#9613
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

It was the point you were asking about for 1918 outbreak. You asked how it ended and if there was a vaccine. Short answer there was not in 1918 and the flu just ran its course. People who survived it acquired immunity and eventually nobody was around to spread it.


The vaccine will likely have little effect on COVID as they are different viruses.


Thanks for the clarification.
 
Hoid
#9614
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

That is a moot point. Could it possibly be effective for the 2020 outbreak?

So it might be effective but nobody has thought about trying it yet?
 
Tecumsehsbones
#9615
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

That vaccine came in 2009 -- a bit late for the 1918 outbreak.

You don't have the "time machine" feature in your car?

That's what you get for being a cheapskate. The "EX" package isn't all just frills, y'know. Some good features in there.
 
Hoid
#9616
A more important question is there a vaccine for sars in 2003?

No.
 
petros
#9617
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

You don't have the "time machine" feature in your car?
That's what you get for being a cheapskate. The "EX" package isn't all just frills, y'know. Some good features in there.

Map light and cigarette lighter.
 
JLM
#9618
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

So it might be effective but nobody has thought about trying it yet?


Well, I imagine it might be safe enough, but the question would be how effective? Maybe zero, maybe 5 or 10%, but anything might be better than nothing, especially for those who are right on the edge.
 
JLM
#9619
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Map light and cigarette lighter.


Radio and horn!
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#9620
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Well, I imagine it might be safe enough, but the question would be how effective? Maybe zero, maybe 5 or 10%, but anything might be better than nothing, especially for those who are right on the edge.


If it's already in the flu vaccine then it likely isn't effective or it would have been noticed.
 
Ocean Breeze
#9621
Coronavirus deaths top 9,000 in Canada


https://globalnews.ca/news/7262981/c..._campaign=2020
 
Ocean Breeze
#9622
B.C. students to return to the classroom by Sept. 10, a two-day delay to the start of school

https://globalnews.ca/news/7269231/b..._campaign=2020
 

Similar Threads

9
The growing pandemic of political speak
by mentalfloss | Apr 26th, 2014
18
Pandemic Toronto, Ground Zero
by Liberalman | Jun 24th, 2009
60
Pandemic: Coming soon to a body near you.
by Haggis McBagpipe | Nov 25th, 2004