Canada loses bid for seat on UN Security Council


Girth
+5
#1
All the effort that Trudeau and the Liberals put in for the seat on the UN Council, they not only lost, but received fewer votes than Harper and the Conservatives did in 2010. It's no secret that World Leaders don't respect Trudeau. He is widely regarded as a flake.

It's not a huge deal to not be anointed with a seat on the UNSC, considering the way the World is going, but hopefully it may send Trudeau a reality check that he is not respected on the World stage.
 
Tygerbright
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

All the effort that Trudeau and the Liberals put in for the seat on the UN Council, they not only lost, but received fewer votes than Harper and the Conservatives did in 2010. It's no secret that World Leaders don't respect Trudeau. He is widely regarded as a flake.

It's not a huge deal to not be anointed with a seat on the UNSC, considering the way the World is going, but hopefully it may send Trudeau a reality check that he is not respected on the World stage.

LOL only in conboy yellowvest Wexit crews there Girth-not-length.
 
Hoid
#3
The Harper government has ruined Canada on the international stage for a generation.

As planned.
 
Ron in Regina
+9
#4  Top Rated Post



 
gerryh
+4
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The Harper government has ruined Canada on the international stage for a generation.
As planned.


Wasnt Harper that invited a convicted terrorist to a Shindig in India. It wasnt Harper that made a fool of his kids, wife, and Canada with his costumed clown show, in India.
 
Hoid
#6
It was Harper that ruined Canada's reputation as a peace keeper and neutral power.

Because it didn't suit his hideous ideology.
 
gerryh
+3
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

It was Harper that ruined Canada's reputation as a peace keeper and neutral power.
Because it didn't suit his hideous ideology.

Riiiiiiiiight
 
Jinentonix
+7
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The Harper government has ruined Canada on the international stage for a generation.

As planned.

 
Hoid
-2
#9
You knew the ig listers would be all over this thread.

Nothing makes them happier than to see Canada diminished.
 
Jinentonix
+8
#10
 
petros
+4
#11
Hoid needs a soother.
 
Ron in Regina
+8
#12


 
Ron in Regina
+6
#13
After four years of this fool, then Canada re-elects him again (seriously.....Twice?). How can the World take this seriously?



 
Jinentonix
+7
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

You knew the ig listers would be all over this thread.

Nothing makes them happier than to see Canada diminished.

Says the anti-CANADIAN oil dreg without a HINT of irony. Canada was diminished the day it elected Prince Groper of Quebec and it's been diminishing by the day.

You're hatred for Canada has been apparent since you and your webbed feet and slack jaw oozed into this forum. I find it interesting that you cried and screamed like a little girl about the CGL pipeline but had absolutely nothing to say about Quebec's latest energy project that included more pipelines that was in the works at the exact same time! Kind'a weird that some loser way out on the Island who screams about White nattys has no problem with Quebec nationalism., n'est ce pas?
 
Jinentonix
+7
#15
 
Jinentonix
+5
#16
 
Jinentonix
+6
#17
 
Jinentonix
+7
#18
 
Ron in Regina
+8
#19
The World has been watching this for the last 4+ years. Norway was a shoe in so it was really between Ireland & Canada....and they ask, "But what does Ireland have that Canada doesn't?" Well, currently that's a temporary UN Security Seat I'd guess.



 
Jinentonix
+6
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

The World has been watching this for the last 4+ years. Norway was a shoe in so it was really between Ireland & Canada....and they ask, "But what does Ireland have that Canada doesn't?" Well, currently that's a temporary UN Security Seat I'd guess.



You wanna hear the real joke about that? The African counties he went to were predominantly, if not all, former French colonies. The stupid twat actually thought there was some cultural connection between them and Canada because of Quebec.
 
B00Mer
+2
#21
Buh Bye UN Seat

 
taxslave
+2
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The Harper government has ruined Canada on the international stage for a generation.
As planned.

Trying to ensure your continued win of idiot of the year? Work hard or the dumbcat will take your trophy.
 
taxslave
+2
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

You knew the ig listers would be all over this thread.
Nothing makes them happier than to see Canada diminished.

trudOWE made Canada an international laughing stock. With luck Harper will come back and fix things. Again.
 
Jinentonix
+5
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

trudOWE made Canada an international laughing stock. With luck Harper will come back and fix things. Again.

Christ, at this rate Mulroney would be an improvement, and that is one scary thought.
 
Twin_Moose
+3
#25
Canada loses bid for seat on the United Nations Security Council on first vote

Quote:

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer called the loss "another foreign affairs failure" for Trudeau, while Leona Alleslev, the party's deputy leader, launched her own attack in the House of Commons reiterating her party's criticism of what is sees as failed policies towards China and India and in its trade relationship with the United States.
"He sold out Canada's principles for a personal vanity project and still lost," Scheer said in a statement.
Trudeau said his government has been engaged in a wide range of international activities and groups because he said that is in the interest of all Canadians, who need global trade and economic success everywhere so they can succeed at home.
"These are the things that we will continue to do into the future, regardless of what happens this week. But it certainly would be nice to have that extra lever of a seat on the Security Council," Trudeau said.
Canada's campaign for the council has focused heavily on what it has been doing in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. That has included convening like-minded nations to ensure food security in developing countries, keeping vital supply chains open across the globe, and working on new financing models to help struggling countries whose economies have been decimated by the pandemic.....More


India, Ireland, Mexico and Norway win seats on UN Security Council
 
petros
+5
#26
There is one guy (if he throws his hat in) that could level Trudeau and Liberals into the next decade. Brad Wall.
 
Jinentonix
+4
#27
Quote:

Wednesday’s election comes after months of intense campaigning. Canada says it spent nearly $1.7 million on its campaign, which included an invitation for U.N. diplomats to attend a Celine Dion concert. While spending only $800,000, Ireland courted diplomats by bringing them to a U2 concert.

Maybe Prince Groper should'a had Sophie sing for them.
 
Twin_Moose
+1
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

There is one guy (if he throws his hat in) that could level Trudeau and Liberals into the next decade. Brad Wall.

Eastern Conservatives already dismissed him because he doesn't speak French. Old Con. party are showing their colors in this leadership race, a sell out of the West is coming even after bringing the party back to relevance again after the Mulroney disaster.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#29
So, Trudeaubama is embarrassed and weakened, Canada is less involved with the UN than it would otherwise be, and the rightards, having gotten everything they could hope for out of this exercise in futility, are still bitchy.
 
B00Mer
+3
#30
Canada and the USA should pull out of the UN and stop sending this unelected body any money.