Defunding and Abolishing the Police?

View Poll Results: Should the Police be defunded?
Yes 2 13.33%
No 12 80.00%
Unsure 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Girth
+1
There is currently a movement to defund the Police, effective disbanding law enforcement districts in North America. The BLM movement says funding for the Police could be better spend by providing housing to low income persons, social services, etc.

What do you think? Should the Police be defunded?

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Jinentonix
+7
#2  Top Rated Post
BLM are retards. Ban non-trade unions. I was going to say ban police unions but then you can't very well tell the cops they're the only people in North America who can't unionize. Chauvin is a prime example of why unions are so toxic. Despite several complaints about him and his behaviour the union protected his job.

BLM is retarded in other ways as well. A recent study covering the last 20 years shows that White cops actually kill fewer "minorities" than non-White police. According to another study done in 2015 and backed up by DoJ stats, Black police officers are 3.3X more likely to discharge their firearm at an active scene. The narrative is bullshit, even the crap about Black males being stopped by police more than anyone else. While it's true, there's a reason for it and it AIN'T necessarily racism. In any given year in the US around 50% of all homicides and 55% of all other violent crimes not involving homicide are committed by Black people. If you're looking for Black suspects to a crime, it makes sense to stop Black people who may fit the description.

A perfect example of that is a video making the rounds right now. It shows two cops approaching a Black man in a red shirt and detaining him. The narrative states that the man was actually an FBI agent. He wasn't. What he was, was someone who closely matched a description of someone the cops were looking for who had a warrant out for his arrest. Once the police learned they had the wrong person, they released him (he was only detained at that point) and apologized to him.

The real irony is here, the racists are the ones insisting that every time a White cop ends up killing a Black person it's a clear cut case of racism, and nothing else. Maybe Chauvin and the other 3 cops complicit in Floyd's murder were racists. We'll never know unless they confess they are. In the meantime, assuming something based on race is racism itself.

Girth
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

BLM are retards. Ban non-trade unions. I was going to say ban police unions but then you can't very well tell the cops they're the only people in North America who can't unionize. Chauvin is a prime example of why unions are so toxic. Despite several complaints about him and his behaviour the union protected his job.
BLM is retarded in other ways as well. A recent study covering the last 20 years shows that White cops actually kill fewer "minorities" than non-White police. According to another study done in 2015 and backed up by DoJ stats, Black police officers are 3.3X more likely to discharge their firearm at an active scene. The narrative is bullshit, even the crap about Black males being stopped by police more than anyone else. While it's true, there's a reason for it and it AIN'T necessarily racism. In any given year in the US around 50% of all homicides and 55% of all other violent crimes not involving homicide are committed by Black people. If you're looking for Black suspects to a crime, it makes sense to stop Black people who may fit the description.
A perfect example of that is a video making the rounds right now. It shows two cops approaching a Black man in a red shirt and detaining him. The narrative states that the man was actually an FBI agent. He wasn't. What he was, was someone who closely matched a description of someone the cops were looking for who had a warrant out for his arrest. Once the police learned they had the wrong person, they released him (he was only detained at that point) and apologized to him.
The real irony is here, the racists are the ones insisting that every time a White cop ends up killing a Black person it's a clear cut case of racism, and nothing else. Maybe Chauvin and the other 3 cops complicit in Floyd's murder were racists. We'll never know unless they confess they are. In the meantime, assuming something based on race is racism itself.

I agree with you 100%

These fools should shut up, and go home.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

There is currently a movement to defund the Police

No there isn't. Don't say stupid things. Makes folk think you're stupid.

Avro52
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

White people telling blacks how they should feel about their experiences is part of the problem.

Just look at the comments by BL and Walt about blackface.

Btw, did you see the video of that idiot at Nathan Phillips square yesterday?

Dixie Cup
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Ah ha! haven't watch the news lately? It's all over the MSM!

Hoid
+2
If someone were to say "rather than buying the police that tank over there wouldn't the money be better spent on something else?" I would say its worth talking about.

If someone were to say wouldn't it be better if social workers and medical people took care of all the sick and crazy people rather than the police I would say yes.

There are many things we have police do that should actually be done by people that are not police.

The police should not have to pick up crazy people who are sleeping in the streets and find a place to put them. We should have a whole other system handling that.

They do it for us because we are too cheap to spring for anything sensible.

Jinentonix
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro52 View Post

White people telling blacks how they should feel about their experiences is part of the problem.

Just look at the comments by BL and Walt about blackface.

Btw, did you see the video of that idiot at Nathan Phillips square yesterday?

Trudeau showed up?

Girth
+2

I guess you do not watch the news. Defunding the Police has been the talk of the nation for the past week.

Jinentonix
+6

Girth
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

I think T-Bones may be trolling us...

Or drunk...

Or both...

Twin_Moose
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

If someone were to say "rather than buying the police that tank over there wouldn't the money be better spent on something else?" I would say its worth talking about.
If someone were to say wouldn't it be better if social workers and medical people took care of all the sick and crazy people rather than the police I would say yes.
There are many things we have police do that should actually be done by people that are not police.
The police should not have to pick up crazy people who are sleeping in the streets and find a place to put them. We should have a whole other system handling that.

I would agree with you and endorse your statement if North America could go 1 full month without a violent crime of some sort.

Walter
What a stoopid thread, that's why I posted in it.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

In your case, we already know, Walterina.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

I think T-Bones may be trolling us...
Or drunk...
Or both...

I think there's an excellent article in the Washington Post about exactly what it means.

I'd link it, but in the vastly unlikely event you actually read it, you wouldn't understand it.

Ron in Regina
+2
Looks like it might actually be happening: Nine members of the Minneapolis City Council on Sunday announced they intend to defund and dismantle the city's police department following the police killing of George Floyd. http://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/us/george-floyd-protests-sunday/index.html

http://www.fox9.com/news/veto-proof-majority-of-minneapolis-city-council-announces-support-for-dismantling-mpdIt is clear that our system of policing is not keeping our communities safe,” said Bender. “Our efforts at incremental reform have failed, period.” Bender went on to say she and the eight other councilmembers that joined the rally are committed to ending the city’s relationship with the police force and “to end policing as we know it and recreate systems that actually keep us safe.”

http://www.citylab.com/equity/2020/06/defund-police-reform-peoples-budget-racism-city-funding/612517/ $100 million to $150 million to be cut from the LAPD’s budget.

http://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/us/new-york-city-police-funding-social-services/index.html New York City will move some of its funding from the New York Police Department to youth and social services, Mayor Bill De Blasio said on Sunday.

Ron in Regina
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

I would agree with you and endorse your statement if North America could go 1 full month without a violent crime of some sort.

I have mixed feelings on this topic, but I'd Like to see North America's Police Forces go 1 full month without committing violent (or otherwise) crime of some sort to justify our renewed faith in their continued existence in their current form.

Serryah
+2
I'm mixed on the subject as well.

I think more emphasis needs to be put on de-escalation and on people training, and less money spent on trying to make the police some sort of baby military fighters (you know, kind'a how mall cops are wannabe cops?).

But considering some of the BS that cops do have to face on the streets, they do need some grade equipment to handle situations.

Girth

I think there's an excellent article in the Washington Post about exactly what it means.
I'd link it, but in the vastly unlikely event you actually read it, you wouldn't understand it.

T-Bones, the Washington Post is beneath me. Come to Canada, as we have a better education system than America. You can even get a job as a paralegal.

Serryah
Watching Last Week Tonight and Oliver is doing a whole show on policing.

Well worth watching and brings up a lot of points that need to be seen and remembered.

Tecumsehsbones

T-Bones, the Washington Post is beneath me.

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

I have mixed feelings on this topic, but I'd Like to see North America's Police Forces go 1 full month without committing violent (or otherwise) crime of some sort to justify our renewed faith in their continued existence in their current form.

The equivalence would be funny if it weren't so sick.

Moosie is basically saying that violent crime both justifies and necessitates the cops murdering unarmed people. Not killing them, murdering them.

DaSleeper
+3
The police should go on a 24 hr strike in Minneapolis or new york just to give everyone a taste of what would happen if they defunded the police.

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

One of many places of misplaced priorities. Fire departments (mostly volunteers)do more medical calls than fire calls because we are to cheap to have ambulance services on paid standby. We do traffic control at accident scenes because it costs money to have TCP come out.

Avro52
+1

The equivalence would be funny if it weren't so sick.
Moosie is basically saying that violent crime both justifies and necessitates the cops murdering unarmed people. Not killing them, murdering them.

Allegedly passing a fake twenty then waiting for the police to show is a violent crime?

Twin_Moose
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Looks like it might actually be happening: Nine members of the Minneapolis City Council on Sunday announced they intend to defund and dismantle the city's police department following the police killing of George Floyd. http://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/us/george-floyd-protests-sunday/index.html
http://www.fox9.com/news/veto-proof-majority-of-minneapolis-city-council-announces-support-for-dismantling-mpdIt is clear that our system of policing is not keeping our communities safe,” said Bender. “Our efforts at incremental reform have failed, period.” Bender went on to say she and the eight other councilmembers that joined the rally are committed to ending the city’s relationship with the police force and “to end policing as we know it and recreate systems that actually keep us safe.”
http://www.citylab.com/equity/2020/06/defund-police-reform-peoples-budget-racism-city-funding/612517/ $100 million to $150 million to be cut from the LAPD’s budget.
http://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/us/new-york-city-police-funding-social-services/index.html New York City will move some of its funding from the New York Police Department to youth and social services, Mayor Bill De Blasio said on Sunday.

Call 311 not 911

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro52 View Post

Allegedly passing a fake twenty then waiting for the police to show is a violent crime?

Of course. He was black, and therefore guilty of every crime ever committed (or suspected) by a black person. That's Moosie's "logic."

Cliffy

Of course. He was black, and therefore guilty of every crime ever committed (or suspected) by a black person. That's Moosie's "logic."

That is to be expected from Trumpkins. They are a blood thirsty lot.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

That is to be expected from Trumpkins. They are a blood thirsty lot.

The thing that amazes me is that Dylann Roof said he wanted to "start a race war."

Start?

Twin_Moose

Where have I ever said or suggested this? Btw was the $20 bill real?