Defunding and Abolishing the Police?

View Poll Results: Should the Police be defunded?
Yes 2 13.33%
No 12 80.00%
Unsure 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

gerryh
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

http://www.thebeaverton.com/2020/06/police-baffled-why-public-turned-on-them-after-countless-murders/
NASHVILLE – Police officers across North America are scared and confused by the feeling that public opinion has turned against them for no reason other than the countless unpunished murders committed by members of their unaccountable militarized forces.
“I’ve been a cop for fifteen years, and this is the most anxious I’ve ever felt doing the job,” said Sergeant Dave Phillips of the Nashville Police Department. “Any minute someone might call me a pig or flip me the bird. No amount of Kevlar, riot shields, or armoured vehicles can protect me from the hurt of harsh words,” he said, wiping his eyes.
“After everything we’ve done for the public – randomly stopping cars to keep Black drivers in line or helping guide protests with smoke grenades – I don’t know why they’re angry,” said Captain Stan Garvey. “It feels like a real shot in the back. And I know, because I’ve shot four suspects in the back.”
Fears are so widespread that cops are too scared to get fast food out of concern that the meal may be tampered with – or fear that they might get caught tampering with their own food in a bid to get public sympathy.
“I don’t have qualified immunity against spit in my burger the way I did against the family that tried to sue me for the death of their son in custody,” said Officer Trudy Gibson.
Mike O’Meara, president of the New York Police Benevolent Association, came to the defense of his beleaguered colleagues by angrily shouting at the public for respect.
“Stop treating us like animals and thugs! Keeping you worthless vermin safe is our job, and it demands respect! Anyone who disrespects one of my brothers or sisters in the force gets a beating – and not the special kind that doesn’t leave marks!”
One anonymous officer summed it up like this: “It’s a war out there. Us versus them. With them being unarmed citizens who are maybe jaywalking or jogging near white people. Civilians don’t get it. Not the way us police and military get it,” he said while holding his finger on the trigger of his rifle in a way no one with military training ever would.
At press time, police unions declared the only solution to the proliferation of videos of police violence is to shoot the phones out of the hands of bystanders.

You do realize that there are morons here that would believe everything you just posted.

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
B00Mer
+1

http://www.thebeaverton.com/2020/06/police-baffled-why-public-turned-on-them-after-countless-murders/
NASHVILLE – Police officers across North America are scared and confused by the feeling that public opinion has turned against them for no reason other than the countless unpunished murders committed by members of their unaccountable militarized forces.
“I’ve been a cop for fifteen years, and this is the most anxious I’ve ever felt doing the job,” said Sergeant Dave Phillips of the Nashville Police Department. “Any minute someone might call me a pig or flip me the bird. No amount of Kevlar, riot shields, or armoured vehicles can protect me from the hurt of harsh words,” he said, wiping his eyes.
“After everything we’ve done for the public – randomly stopping cars to keep Black drivers in line or helping guide protests with smoke grenades – I don’t know why they’re angry,” said Captain Stan Garvey. “It feels like a real shot in the back. And I know, because I’ve shot four suspects in the back.”
Fears are so widespread that cops are too scared to get fast food out of concern that the meal may be tampered with – or fear that they might get caught tampering with their own food in a bid to get public sympathy.
“I don’t have qualified immunity against spit in my burger the way I did against the family that tried to sue me for the death of their son in custody,” said Officer Trudy Gibson.
Mike O’Meara, president of the New York Police Benevolent Association, came to the defense of his beleaguered colleagues by angrily shouting at the public for respect.
“Stop treating us like animals and thugs! Keeping you worthless vermin safe is our job, and it demands respect! Anyone who disrespects one of my brothers or sisters in the force gets a beating – and not the special kind that doesn’t leave marks!”
One anonymous officer summed it up like this: “It’s a war out there. Us versus them. With them being unarmed citizens who are maybe jaywalking or jogging near white people. Civilians don’t get it. Not the way us police and military get it,” he said while holding his finger on the trigger of his rifle in a way no one with military training ever would.
At press time, police unions declared the only solution to the proliferation of videos of police violence is to shoot the phones out of the hands of bystanders.

You are aware this is satire.. some here might believe it.. The Beaverton, is the Internets version of This Hour has 22 Minutes.

gerryh
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

You are aware this is satire.. some here might believe it.. The Beaverton, is the Internets version of This Hour has 22 Minutes.

I've seen trolls on facebook, post Beaverton articles and then watched the idiots lose their minds.

Twin_Moose
+2
The complicated truth about Chicago violence and 'defund the police' efforts

Experts say you shouldn't read to much into the 18 deaths in 24 hours the Police were distracted it was a warm day and people were frustrated with COVIDD restrictions. It was a natural release, so proves that the Police should be defunded and more money put into mental disorder officers, if this was implemented the day may have turned out differently.

In a nutshell

Girth
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

It cannot be like "This Hour has 22 Minutes." The Beaverton is actually funny.

petros
+3

Here's a local one from a while back. Description: " One suspect is described as having a dark complexion and wearing a dark grey hoodie, black shoes and gloves. Police say the second man was wearing white shoes and gloves." Pretty vague without the camera footage, and they could have said, " One suspect is described as having a dark complexion and wearing a dark grey hoodie, black shoes and gloves, & his nose is 3" wide . Police say the second man was wearing white shoes and gloves" but they didn't. Description of the second man was even worse. Does this sound familiar? http://forums.canadiancontent.net/sh...d.php?t=167278

They wouldnt even say it was the ATM inside of Rexall. Is that racist?

Hoid
Statues toppled in Raleigh NC and Washington DC yesterday.

Neither place has had their police defunded and abolished.

petros
+3
Vandalism never stopped? Go figure.

In other, real news, crime in Regina is down 24% over May 2019. 1600 fewer calls received by RPS.

Who knew just one Liberal (Ralph Goodale) gone would impact the entire city's crime so heavily.

HarperCons
defund pigs

HarperCons
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

The complicated truth about Chicago violence and 'defund the police' efforts

Experts say you shouldn't read to much into the 18 deaths in 24 hours the Police were distracted it was a warm day and people were frustrated with COVIDD restrictions. It was a natural release, so proves that the Police should be defunded and more money put into mental disorder officers, if this was implemented the day may have turned out differently.

In a nutshell

i like reading the beaverton

Twin_Moose
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

i like reading the beaverton

Should reply to the proper post then Lol

captain morgan
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

defund pigs

Your CERB funding will be finished soon enough and ultimately your wish granted

Ron in Regina

SPRINGBANK, Alta. — Kim Prodaniuk didn't plan to be a crusader for change but hopes her lawsuit against the Calgary Police Service alleging harassment and emotional distress will make a difference.

The 40-year-old officer joined the service in 2008 and left on stress leave in 2017. She joined other female officers who publicly alleged that the force failed to provide a safe environment against bullying and harassment.

Prodaniuk, who filed a statement of claim against the police chief's office, the Calgary Police Association and the City of Calgary in March, recently added a 132-page affidavit with details about her time on the force.

"I see myself as a change agent. I've been standing up since 2017 about systemic issues in policing, police brutality, abuse of authority," Prodaniuk said in an interview with The Canadian Press at her home in Springbank, Alta. "It's real and it exists. It's the dark shadow over good policing and good police officers, and it exists here in Calgary as well."

Details at the News Link: http://www.cjme.com/2020/06/21/female-calgary-police-officer-wants-harassment-lawsuit-to-bring-change/

The police service has not filed a statement of defence, but has entered a motion to strike the lawsuit. It says the collective agreement covering officers requires grievances to be filed within 60 days.

Chief Mark Neufeld said he has read the affidavit. "I'm not going to talk to you about this particular case because it is before the courts," he said. "What I will say is those allegations that I read in that statement of claim were repugnant. I'm very concerned about those types of things, and every person deserves a respectful workplace and to be safe in their workplace." Prodaniuk's lawyer, Brendan Miller, said the Calgary Police Service could waive the 60-day limit for filing a complaint.

Ron in Regina
+2
The line from the above LINK that stood out for me was, "This is the opportunity to fix it. Good cops don't have the right to remain silent about this anymore ."

gerryh
+2
Fu ck it. Just defund them. We can have a real life purge. That should make the lefties and blm supporters happy.

petros
+2
Isnt 60 days a way to accurately investigate such claims. Yes, I get it. Ugly shit. Shit loses its stink after a couple weeks.

Hopefully working constabulary members come forth to back her.

Ron in Regina
+2
‘Hey Siri, I’m getting pulled over’: iPhone feature will record police interaction, send location

http://www.fox29.com/news/hey-siri-im-getting-pulled-over-iphone-feature-will-record-police-interaction-send-location

A feature exclusively available for Apple users called “Shortcuts,” which was launched in 2018, allows users to conduct tasks on their phones that would normally require multiple actions with a single voice command of the iPhone’s artificial intelligence capability, Siri.

Upon saying “Hey Siri, I’m getting pulled over,” any music that may be playing is paused and the screen’s brightness is dimmed while the phone’s “do not disturb” capability is turned on. The phone then automatically sends a message to a contact the user sets up, letting that person know that the user is being stopped by police, along with providing the user’s location. The front camera is then turned on and the phone begins to record video of what is happening.

“Once you stop the recording it sends a copy of the video to a contact you specify, puts volume and brightness back to where they were, turns off Do Not Disturb, and gives you the option to send to iCloud Drive or Dropbox,” according to a Reddit post by Petersen.

Petersen told Business Insider that the new shortcut would allow people to have access to "the civilian equivalent" a police body cam.

"It seemed to me that if you're getting pulled over it couldn't hurt to have a recording of the incident," Petersen told the news outlet. "The police these days in many places have body cams, so this could be the civilian equivalent.“

Speaking with Fox News via direct message, Petersen said he did not create the shortcut based off of any personal experiences, but added that various news stories influenced him. "[It] just seemed a good idea to empower the individual citizen to have a record over what happens during a stop to remove any 'he said/she said' scenarios," Petersen said. "I honestly didn’t think the idea would prove as popular as it has, the response has been extreme[ly] positive and more than a bit overwhelming!"

Jinentonix
+3
Meanwhile, the clueless, f*cktarded Minneapolis city councilors who promoted and encouraged the defunding of the police in the city have spent $65,000 on private security.

pgs
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Meanwhile, the clueless, f*cktarded Minneapolis city councilors who promoted and encouraged the defunding of the police in the city have spent $65,000 on private security.

Probably off duty cops moonlighting.

Girth
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

How long have they been using private security for? In fairness, $65,000 is not an insane amount of money. I guess it all depends on the circumstances.

Jinentonix
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

How long have they been using private security for? In fairness, $65,000 is not an insane amount of money. I guess it all depends on the circumstances.

Over the last 3 weeks at $4300/day. Sorry, the number was $63,000.

Allegedly they received death threats from "White nationalists", despite zero evidence that's who it was, because obviously anyone who is against defunding the police is clearly a White nationalist.

Here's the thing. Cities like Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis, Philly, Chicago, L.A. and Seattle to name a few, are Democrat held. Are you suggesting NOT ONE of those city govts had any idea about police brutality? At ANY point in time those city govts could have, for example, banned police using choke holds and such all on their own, they have the authority. But they didn't. And yet I'm supposed to believe they all suddenly give a shit about gross misconduct within their respective police depts?

This horseshit has been engineered for years and the Democrats are showing just how truly repugnant and disingenuous they are.

Democrat mayors have watched their cities go to complete shit for years and did NOTHING! Oh, except for neutering their cops and declaring themselves to be gun-free and/or sanctuary cities. Which, oddly enough, made them even more violent cities.

And as long as unions exist, none of the problems they are trying to eliminate with defunding the police will ever go away. The rate of incidents would likely do down, one would hope, but it'll never go away as long as unions have any power.

You do realize that the introduction of unions had less to do with the "worker class" and more to do with cracking the door open to communism. Although in today's case it's communism's bastard cousin called "social democracy", which is just a fancy term for fascism.

petros
+3

Twin_Moose
+2
Dozens of new RCMP officers coming to rural Alberta

Quote:

Dozens of new RCMP officers and civilian support positions are coming to detachments across rural Alberta.

Factors such as travel time, call volume and the kinds of crimes being reported were considered in deciding where to send 76 new officers and 57 civilian positions in 2020-21.

“Putting more boots on the ground in rural Alberta will help protect residents and ensure they feel safe in their communities,” said Justice Minister Doug Schweitzer in a news release Thursday.

The new positions are part the government’s plan to add 300 positions by 2024 with smaller municipalities paying an increasing greater portion of the bill.

“The new funding will allow us to, directly and indirectly, support front-line policing by adding new police officers and support positions in our detachments, ultimately benefiting the communities we serve across Alberta,” said Alberta RCMP Deputy Commissioner Curtis Zablocki.

So far the RCMP has filled 46 positions, 25 front-line police in rural communities, 18 centralized police officers for support and specialized services and three civilian positions for administrative and program support.

“Policing and public-safety resourcing levels continue to be an issue for rural communities across Alberta. It is encouraging to see the RCMP partially investing the increased police cost contributions from rural municipalities into frontline resources in rural Alberta,” said Rural Municipalities of Alberta president Al Kemmere

petros
+1
That sounds racist.

B00Mer
+2
HUH?? Maybe this isn't all that bad..

Democrats killing Democrats.

https://abc7ny.com/violent-sunday-at...n-nyc/6299513/

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/07...s-sunday-nypd/

#DEFUNDTHEPOLICE

Twin_Moose
+2
Cold Lake Mountie recovering after being attacked with own baton

taxslave
+1
I hope the bastard falls down the stairs a lot.