Abortion

Canadian Dragon
should abortion be illegal?

Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

tibear
Oh boy, your looking to start up fights!!

Personally, I believe that the human being begins in the womb and should be legally recognized as such.

tibear

Personally, I believe that the human being begins in the womb and should be legally recognized as such.

tibear

Gonzo
Women are going to get abortions no matter what. If it's illegal, they'll get them and risk their lives. If it's legal, it'll be safe. I canít stand seeing these women on TV. saying that they regret it so much. Thatís not the point. They did it. If they had there baby they may have regretted that too. If you agree with it or not, women will have abortions. There are bigger problems in the world right now.

Gonzo
Women are going to get abortions no matter what. If it's illegal, they'll get them and risk their lives. If it's legal, it'll be safe. I canít stand seeing these women on TV. saying that they regret it so much. Thatís not the point. They did it. If they had there baby they may have regretted that too. If you agree with it or not, women will have abortions. There are bigger problems in the world right now.

Gonzo

Twila
I believe in it being the individuals choice, and not mine

Twila

Twila

tibear
Gonzo,

Using your logic of "Women are going to get abortions" doesn't make any sense. Does this mean that we should allow child prostitution in Canada because men can fly to various places in the world and get child prostitutes elsewhere?

Simply because something exists doesn't mean that we as a society have to accept it.

tibear
Gonzo,

Using your logic of "Women are going to get abortions" doesn't make any sense. Does this mean that we should allow child prostitution in Canada because men can fly to various places in the world and get child prostitutes elsewhere?

Simply because something exists doesn't mean that we as a society have to accept it.

tibear
Gonzo,

Twila
I'm thinking, tidbear that Gonzo see's the world in shades of grey (an assumption I've come to from reading several of his posts). that being said, your using supposedly equatable logic to debunk his opinion is a silly debate tactic.

Twila
I'm thinking, tidbear that Gonzo see's the world in shades of grey (an assumption I've come to from reading several of his posts). that being said, your using supposedly equatable logic to debunk his opinion is a silly debate tactic.

Twila

tibear
Twila,

I didn't say his opinion was wrong, obviously it is his opinion, not one that I share but he is entitled to his opinion.

If you had read my post, I simply said that his logic didn't make any sense. Would you feel better if I didn't choose child prostitution, how about bullies. There has been anti-bullying education in our schools for many years now and yet bullying still goes on. Should we simply give up and let the bullies do what they want because there are some of them who will continue regardless of the consequences.

Yes there will always be segments of our population that will continue to do any activity whether society wants them to or not. My point is that this isn't a good enough arguement to accept the behavior.

tibear
Twila,

I didn't say his opinion was wrong, obviously it is his opinion, not one that I share but he is entitled to his opinion.

If you had read my post, I simply said that his logic didn't make any sense. Would you feel better if I didn't choose child prostitution, how about bullies. There has been anti-bullying education in our schools for many years now and yet bullying still goes on. Should we simply give up and let the bullies do what they want because there are some of them who will continue regardless of the consequences.

Yes there will always be segments of our population that will continue to do any activity whether society wants them to or not. My point is that this isn't a good enough arguement to accept the behavior.

tibear
Twila,

Twila
Quote:

My point is that this isn't a good enough arguement to accept the behavior.

Abortion isn't a behavoir

Twila
Quote:

Twila
Quote:

tibear
Twila,

I hope your not simply making fun of the word I used.

What would your response have been if I chose to the word "procedure" instead??

tibear
Twila,

tibear
Twila,

Twila
Quote:

If you had read my post, I simply said that his logic didn't make any sense

To which I suggested he did not see the world around him in such black and white terms as your equivelant rebuttal indigates you do

Twila
Quote:

To which I suggested he did not see the world around him in such black and white terms as your equivelant rebuttal indigates you do

Twila
Quote: