Chances of Liberal Party revolt?


Girth
+1
#1
I have a feeling that some of the Liberal MP's may be at odds with Trudeau, and his handling of the problems with the protests, among other things. If a non-confident vote arises, what are the chances of Liberal backbenchers breaking ranks with the party line, and supporting a non-confidence vote, or even crossing the floor?
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
pgs
Free Thinker
+5
#2  Top Rated Post
Zero to nil . They need six years to collect pension .
 
Girth
+2
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Zero to nil . They need six years to collect pension .

I try not to think cynically.

If you have observed Parliamentary sessions in the past week or so, it is very telling. Conservatives are very passionate, yet many Liberals are visibly uncomfortable. Behind the scenes, I would not doubt that there would be a good chance that a significant number of high ranking Liberal MP's started to outright turn on Trudeau.

It has happened already to a lesser degree, and that was the fallout from the SNC Lavallin affair, which is very mid, in comparison of domestic terrorism committed by the supporters of the blockade. This type of e vent is certainly not without precedent in Canadian political history.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

I try not to think cynically.

If you have observed Parliamentary sessions in the past week or so, it is very telling. Conservatives are very passionate, yet many Liberals are visibly uncomfortable. Behind the scenes, I would not doubt that there would be a good chance that a significant number of high ranking Liberal MP's started to outright turn on Trudeau.

It has happened already to a lesser degree, and that was the fallout from the SNC Lavallin affair, which is very mid, in comparison of domestic terrorism committed by the supporters of the blockade. This type of e vent is certainly not without precedent in Canadian political history.

Yes but even behind the scenes this is the Liberal party . Infighting is practically a way of life with them .
 
petros
+4
#5
Trudeau has been hiding as the party gears up for a leadership race. The crybabies in the CPC jumped the gun thinking Scheer should step down now both are scrambling.
 
taxme
+3
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

I try not to think cynically.
If you have observed Parliamentary sessions in the past week or so, it is very telling. Conservatives are very passionate, yet many Liberals are visibly uncomfortable. Behind the scenes, I would not doubt that there would be a good chance that a significant number of high ranking Liberal MP's started to outright turn on Trudeau.
It has happened already to a lesser degree, and that was the fallout from the SNC Lavallin affair, which is very mid, in comparison of domestic terrorism committed by the supporters of the blockade. This type of e vent is certainly not without precedent in Canadian political history.


There will be no revolt in the liberal party. Liberals will stick together like glue no matter what. Can you say four more years of this twit prime mistake of Canada. I can. They would all have plenty to lose if there were another election and would be taking the chance that they would lose the election. There french liberal socialist plans for Canada would be put on hold or maybe even be eliminated altogether. They will kiss the butts of whomever to stay in power even the oppositions butts. Liberals are nothing more than a bunch of classless buffoons. Canada is doomed.
 
Mowich
Conservative
+2
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

I try not to think cynically.

If you have observed Parliamentary sessions in the past week or so, it is very telling. Conservatives are very passionate, yet many Liberals are visibly uncomfortable. Behind the scenes, I would not doubt that there would be a good chance that a significant number of high ranking Liberal MP's started to outright turn on Trudeau.

It has happened already to a lesser degree, and that was the fallout from the SNC Lavallin affair, which is very mid, in comparison of domestic terrorism committed by the supporters of the blockade. This type of event is certainly not without precedent in Canadian political history.

Even if a few disaffected liberals decided to stand against the government, the leftist NDP and anti-everything Greenies would stand in unison with the government, Girth. Not at all sure which way the Bloc would swing but the support of the above mentioned deluded twits on the left would probably be enough to keep the virtue-signalling ineffectual hopelessly moribund liberals in power.
 
Girth
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Trudeau has been hiding as the party gears up for a leadership race. The crybabies in the CPC jumped the gun thinking Scheer should step down now both are scrambling.

Sad that campaigning and PR skills are not one of Scheer's strong points. He has certainly done a remarkable job of grilling Trudeau, in regards to the blockade issue, and the delayed Tech project. Scheer and company have Trudeau on the ropes, and if he keeps the pressure up, it will only be a matter of time until the Trudeau Government collapses.
 
Girth
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Even if a few disaffected liberals decided to stand against the government, the leftist NDP and anti-everything Greenies would stand in unison with the government, Girth. Not at all sure which way the Bloc would swing but the support of the above mentioned deluded twits on the left would probably be enough to keep the virtue-signalling ineffectual hopelessly moribund liberals in power.

The Greens are irrelevant, with only a couple of seats. It would take the NDP or BQ to bring the Government down. However, if there is a mutiny in the Liberal Party, it may only be a matter of time before shit hits the fan. It's happened at a provincial level in Alberta and Manitoba. In both cases within 18 months (the NDP in Manitoba and the PC in Alberta), the Government was defeated soundly.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Even if a few disaffected liberals decided to stand against the government, the leftist NDP and anti-everything Greenies would stand in unison with the government, Girth. Not at all sure which way the Bloc would swing but the support of the above mentioned deluded twits on the left would probably be enough to keep the virtue-signalling ineffectual hopelessly moribund liberals in power.

Notice how infrastructure and resource extraction get a free ride in La Belle Province ? That alone should tell all that needs hearing .
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Sad that campaigning and PR skills are not one of Scheer's strong points. He has certainly done a remarkable job of grilling Trudeau, in regards to the blockade issue, and the delayed Tech project. Scheer and company have Trudeau on the ropes, and if he keeps the pressure up, it will only be a matter of time until the Trudeau Government collapses.

Amazing , where were Scheers balls when he had Trudeau on the ropes during the election campaign ?
 
QAbones
No Party Affiliation
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

I have a feeling that some of the Liberal MP's may be at odds with Trudeau, and his handling of the problems with the protests, among other things. If a non-confident vote arises, what are the chances of Liberal backbenchers breaking ranks with the party line, and supporting a non-confidence vote, or even crossing the floor?

Can't feel like a real party but have no party to going in current seat.
 
QAbones
No Party Affiliation
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

I have a feeling that some of the Liberal MP's may be at odds with Trudeau, and his handling of the problems with the protests, among other things. If a non-confident vote arises, what are the chances of Liberal backbenchers breaking ranks with the party line, and supporting a non-confidence vote, or even crossing the floor?

Trudeau are few years in power.
 

Similar Threads

8
The Death of the Liberal Party
by Cannuck | Nov 20th, 2011
22
23
Liberal Party Prevails Again
by Liberalman | Jan 30th, 2009
2
Liberal Party
by sanctus | Jan 31st, 2007