BEEB/GRETA TV Series !!!

NZDoug
Brace yourselves!
Greta Thunberg is Getting Her Own TV Series and Some People are Mad About It
Teen climate activist Greta Thunberg became an overnight sensation back in September 2019 when she gave a speech about climate change at the United Nations Summit. There, she scolded world leaders about their lack of action or urgency on the matter.
Immediately, she drew both praise and criticism, even drawing the ire of President Donald Trump. However, the Swedish teen is not slowing down and she’ll soon be taking her message to a new platform.
Thunberg is getting her own TV show
In partnership with BBC Studios, the teen crusader is launching a television series that will explore environmental issues around the world and how to address them. According to a press release from BBC, Thunberg will be traveling “to some of the most extraordinary places on earth” and meet with experts.
“As she travels Greta meets not only leading scientists but political leaders and business heavyweights, exploring the scientific evidence with them and challenging them to change.
The films will also charts her own journey into adulthood as she continues to be confronted by the real world consequences of inaction; and will share some of the quiet moments as she writes the impactful speeches that are now broadcast and analysed around the world, as she lives a teenage life like no other.”
The series is being created by BBC Studios’ science unit though there’s no information on where or when it will air.
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...about-it.html/

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Ron in Regina
+6
This is Awesome! ! Thunberg will be traveling “to some of the most extraordinary places on earth” and meet with experts using what means of transportation? It's the perfectly hypocritical Catch 22 no win situation unless she's bicycling to these "most extraordinary places on earth" on her biodegradable two wheeler that doesn't use any products that come from petroleum production like rubber tires or petroleum based lubrication, etc...& pretty much anything else exposes the utter deceitfully insincere double standard that is being preached by this kids puppet masters.

I'm curious to see how they're going to try and pull this off in a Woke way to justify the Carbon Footprint of this impending farce of transporting Greta & and a Film Crew around the world for 12-18 episodes in what is a TV Season to meet leading scientists and political leaders and business heavyweights to have them kowtow to this teenage marionette. The concept is impossibly hilarious! "How Dare They!! mWahaha hahah ......Don't they know that their house is on fire 'cuz if they don't....Greta's advisors with tell them through her. Don't they realize that they're ruining her childhood?"

Unless this is done strictly through video conference calls from her hometown is Sweden, this will further expose her & her puppeteers as no more credible than Suziki or Gore or Trudeau in the "Do as I say & not as I do" evangelical environmentalism.

petros
+7
#3  Top Rated Post
Send her to Wuhan cover how Climate Change® led to the brewing pandemic.

taxslave
+5
Great news for the hot air balloon industry.Her cult followers can all breathe into the balloon to fill it since they are certainly not lacking in hot air.Now all they have to do is import so silkworms so they can build a balloon.

petros
+2
They burn propane.

DaSleeper
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Send her to Wuhan cover how Climate Change® led to the brewing pandemic.

Question is, Is she being used? or is she using the system?

In 5 to 10 years will anyone remember her?

taxslave
+4

They burn propane.

Can't do that. How can you preach the evils of fossil fuel and burn them at the same time?

Ron in Regina
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Can't do that. How can you preach the evils of fossil fuel and burn them at the same time?

The same way you can preach carbon neutrality while sailing the ocean on a Carbon Fibre racing Yacht don't'cha know???

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Question is, Is she being used? or is she using the system?
In 5 to 10 years will anyone remember her?

She has zero support at home. She sits alone on Fridays with maybe a dozen tourist gawkers.

Ron in Regina
+3
Anyway, back to the OP & the BBC giving Greta a show where she tours the world where she will be traveling “to some of the most extraordinary places on earth” and meet with experts where Greta meets not only leading scientists but political leaders and business heavyweights, exploring the scientific evidence with them and challenging them to change. (Change their behavior, or change the science to fit her narrative?)

To stick with the image drafted for her by those that created the "Greta Persona" she's have to be sitting in her bedroom on a computer with a microphone like a podcast with the TV Crew packed in around her as she berates these people tantrum fashion (in a Reality TV Format meets the Blair Wh ich Project sort'a way like at the UN) and the truly brainwashed and ill-informed would just eat that shit up....for a while anyway until it needs to escalate to retain viewers and increase ratings....and then what? How do they "kick it up a notch?"

petros
+3
Why do they need to keep promoting "settled science"?

Is anybody doing a show pimping gravity to keep us assured it's real?

Blackleaf
This is what reason why I'm refusing to pay for my TV licence, even though they're chasing me up about it.

Ron in Regina
+2

Why do they need to keep promoting "settled science"?

Is anybody doing a show pimping gravity to keep us assured it's real?

The terms "settled science" & "consensus" in a scientific debate should be reacted to to like someone pulling the fire alarm of bullshit by all sides informing themselves in participating in or listening to a debate. Whomever uses these terms should be immediately suspect in their position and whatever they're arguing for. These are warning bell terms of social engineering and have no place in scientific debate. These are the nonsense that'll come out of a politician or snake oil salesman and not a scientist if someone is quoting these words in a debate on something scientific.

Ron in Regina
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

This is what reason why I'm refusing to pay for my TV licence, even though they're chasing me up about it.

TV License? Is that something British that the rest of us are unaware of or don't participate in?

Twin_Moose
+1
I'm wondering if he is referring to a subscription?

Blackleaf
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

TV License? Is that something British that the rest of us are unaware of or don't participate in?

Well it's illegal to watch TV without a TV licence, similar to how it's illegal to drive without a driving licence.

The money from the TV licence also goes towards funding the BBC. That's where the BBC gets its money from.

TV licences cost £154.50 per year. Watching TV without a licence - or with an unpaid licence (so if you receive your licence but pay for it £6 per week, say) - can lead to prosecution and maybe imprisonment.

Jinentonix
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

I'm wondering if he is referring to a subscription?

No he's not. In Britain if you have a TV you need a licence.

Ron in Regina
+2
My Girlfriend is up now getting ready for brunch, and I was telling her about this thread & the story in the OP, and She said, "I've seen this show already. It's been made. It's called Dora the Explorer." Huh, who knew?

Ron in Regina
+2

Well it's illegal to watch TV without a TV licence, similar to how it's illegal to drive without a driving licence....

OK, that's interesting and bizarre at the same time. How do they possibly enforce this?

Mowich
+3

This is Awesome! ! Thunberg will be traveling “to some of the most extraordinary places on earth” and meet with experts using what means of transportation? It's the perfectly hypocritical Catch 22 no win situation unless she's bicycling to these "most extraordinary places on earth" on her biodegradable two wheeler that doesn't use any products that come from petroleum production like rubber tires or petroleum based lubrication, etc...& pretty much anything else exposes the utter deceitfully insincere double standard that is being preached by this kids puppet masters.

I'm curious to see how they're going to try and pull this off in a Woke way to justify the Carbon Footprint of this impending farce of transporting Greta & and a Film Crew around the world for 12-18 episodes in what is a TV Season to meet leading scientists and political leaders and business heavyweights to have them kowtow to this teenage marionette. The concept is impossibly hilarious! "How Dare They!! mWahaha hahah ......Don't they know that their house is on fire 'cuz if they don't....Greta's advisors with tell them through her. Don't they realize that they're ruining her childhood?"

Unless this is done strictly through video conference calls from her hometown is Sweden, this will further expose her & her puppeteers as no more credible than Suziki or Gore or Trudeau in the "Do as I say & not as I do" evangelical environmentalism.

Well Ron, I guess her puppet-masters figured she wasn't getting enough headlines lately and needed to do something to promote their benighted child activist. Is this latest stunt hypocritical? Damn right. Do her masters care - not a whit.

Mowich
+3

Anyway, back to the OP & the BBC giving Greta a show where she tours the world where she will be traveling “to some of the most extraordinary places on earth” and meet with experts where Greta meets not only leading scientists but political leaders and business heavyweights, exploring the scientific evidence with them and challenging them to change. (Change their behavior, or change the science to fit her narrative?)

To stick with the image drafted for her by those that created the "Greta Persona" she's have to be sitting in her bedroom on a computer with a microphone like a podcast with the TV Crew packed in around her as she berates these people tantrum fashion (in a Reality TV Format meets the Blair Wh ich Project sort'a way like at the UN) and the truly brainwashed and ill-informed would just eat that shit up....for a while anyway until it needs to escalate to retain viewers and increase ratings....and then what? How do they "kick it up a notch?"

How do they 'kick it up a notch'? Get her a place on Naked and Alone. I'm sure millions would tune in to see her stumbling through the wilderness buck naked without a clue how to survive.

Blackleaf
+1

OK, that's interesting and bizarre at the same time. How do they possibly enforce this?

Well if you don't pay the TV licence then TV Licensing start sending threatening letters saying they will send you to court if you are watching TV without a licence. They can send someone round to your home to check if you are watching TV illegally. They can even obtain a court warrant to force themselves in. There are even TV licence detector vans that go to neighbourhoods where people aren't paying their TV licence and they can detect if they are watching TV. Around 200,000 people a year - 70% of them women, for some reason - are prosecuted for not paying for a TV licence.

TV detector vans have in the past featured heavily in TV Licensing publicity,[125] highlighting that technology capable of detecting signals from operating TV sets could be employed.[126] Detector vans date from the 1950s, when the Post Office ran converted Hillman Minx and Morris Oxford estate cars, which had large aerials attached to their roofs.[citation needed] Subsequently Commers were introduced. In the 1980s, vans were supplied by Dodge and Leyland. In the 1990s, Ford Transits were introduced. In 2003, TVL launched its tenth generation of detector vans. It was stated that these vans had removable branding so that they could operate covertly.

Few technical details of the detectors used have been released. In a press release from 2003, the BBC stated that:[126] "the new vans are so powerful they can tell if a TV is in use in as little as 20 seconds". It was also stated that the equipment has a range of up to 60 metres and "can pinpoint the actual room that the television set is in." However, on TV Licensing's own site in 2015, no information on range or accuracy of the equipment is given. It says that 'a range of detection tools at our disposal in our vans.' It is also stated that the available equipment has been developed in secrecy and that 'engineers working on specific detection methods work in isolation – so not even they know how the other detection methods work.'

Although no technical details of the TV detectors used in these vans have been made public, it is thought that they operate by detecting electromagnetic radiation given off by a TV.[129] The most common suggested method is the detection of a signal from the TV's local oscillator.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Televi...d_fiscal_fines

Last edited by Blackleaf; Feb 16th, 2020 at 01:03 PM..

Jinentonix
+1
TV detector vans? Brrr that has a 3rd Reich chill all over it.

Twin_Moose
+1

Well it's illegal to watch TV without a TV licence, similar to how it's illegal to drive without a driving licence.
The money from the TV licence also goes towards funding the BBC. That's where the BBC gets its money from.
TV licences cost £154.50 per year. Watching TV without a licence - or with an unpaid licence (so if you receive your licence but pay for it £6 per week, say) - can lead to prosecution and maybe imprisonment.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

No he's not. In Britain if you have a TV you need a licence.

Well if you don't pay the TV licence then TV Licensing start sending threatening letters saying they will send you to court if you are watching TV without a licence. They can send someone round to your home to check if you are watching TV illegally. They can even obtain a court warrant to force themselves in. There are even TV licence detector vans that go to neighbourhoods where people aren't paying their TV licence and they can detect if they are watching TV. Around 200,000 people a year - 70% of them women, for some reason - are prosecuted for not paying for a TV licence.
TV detector vans have in the past featured heavily in TV Licensing publicity,[125] highlighting that technology capable of detecting signals from operating TV sets could be employed.[126] Detector vans date from the 1950s, when the Post Office ran converted Hillman Minx and Morris Oxford estate cars, which had large aerials attached to their roofs.[citation needed] Subsequently Commers were introduced. In the 1980s, vans were supplied by Dodge and Leyland. In the 1990s, Ford Transits were introduced. In 2003, TVL launched its tenth generation of detector vans. It was stated that these vans had removable branding so that they could operate covertly.
Few technical details of the detectors used have been released. In a press release from 2003, the BBC stated that:[126] "the new vans are so powerful they can tell if a TV is in use in as little as 20 seconds". It was also stated that the equipment has a range of up to 60 metres and "can pinpoint the actual room that the television set is in." However, on TV Licensing's own site in 2015, no information on range or accuracy of the equipment is given. It says that 'a range of detection tools at our disposal in our vans.' It is also stated that the available equipment has been developed in secrecy and that 'engineers working on specific detection methods work in isolation – so not even they know how the other detection methods work.'
Although no technical details of the TV detectors used in these vans have been made public, it is thought that they operate by detecting electromagnetic radiation given off by a TV.[129] The most common suggested method is the detection of a signal from the TV's local oscillator.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Televi...d_fiscal_fines

Wow that's crazy, almost as bad as taxing a gas exhausted into the atmosphere that is essential to all life on the planet.

Blackleaf
+3

TV detector vans? Brrr that has a 3rd Reich chill all over it.

The thing is, they probably operate covertly, so nobody knows if they've ever seen one. Many people think they are a myth, a tactic used by TV Licensing to scare people into paying for their TV licence, but apparently they're real.

Many people choose not to pay for a TV licence because it funds the BBC, and they don't want to fund the BBC with its left-wing bias.

Jinentonix
+2

The thing is, they probably operate covertly, so nobody knows if they've ever seen one. Many people think they are a myth, a tactic used by TV Licensing to scare people into paying for their TV licence, but apparently they're real.

Many people choose not to pay for a TV licence because it funds the BBC, and they don't want to fund the BBC with its left-wing bias.

At least you have the option of not paying and not watching. In Canada we're FORCED to subsidize the CBC whether we watch TV or not.

Blackleaf
+1

At least you have the option of not paying and not watching. In Canada we're FORCED to subsidize the CBC whether we watch TV or not.

I know Boris Johnson is vowing to get rid of the TV Licence and make the BBC a subscription service.

Jinentonix
+2
I gotta admit though, the hypocrisy of this new show is hilarious. Jet setting some kid around the world to whine about climate change. Uhhh yeah.
"Next up on BBC, "Bombing for Peace", followed by "F*cking for Virginity".

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Wow that's crazy, almost as bad as taxing a gas exhausted into the atmosphere that is essential to all life on the planet.

In North America commercials pay for the Broadcasting.....
Maybe they don't have commercials in England
I pay about $100. a month for my TV because It's Satellite tv "Bell express-vu" and I can have up to three receivers on it.
It came in handy when I was Trailering around for about 15 years...
I got pretty good at aiming that satellite dish set up on a tripod, at the proper satellite with a satellite finder gadget I had.

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

Brace yourselves!
Greta Thunberg is Getting Her Own TV Series and Some People are Mad About It
Teen climate activist Greta Thunberg became an overnight sensation back in September 2019 when she gave a speech about climate change at the United Nations Summit. There, she scolded world leaders about their lack of action or urgency on the matter.
Immediately, she drew both praise and criticism, even drawing the ire of President Donald Trump. However, the Swedish teen is not slowing down and she’ll soon be taking her message to a new platform.
Thunberg is getting her own TV show
In partnership with BBC Studios, the teen crusader is launching a television series that will explore environmental issues around the world and how to address them. According to a press release from BBC, Thunberg will be traveling “to some of the most extraordinary places on earth” and meet with experts.
“As she travels Greta meets not only leading scientists but political leaders and business heavyweights, exploring the scientific evidence with them and challenging them to change.
The films will also charts her own journey into adulthood as she continues to be confronted by the real world consequences of inaction; and will share some of the quiet moments as she writes the impactful speeches that are now broadcast and analysed around the world, as she lives a teenage life like no other.”
The series is being created by BBC Studios’ science unit though there’s no information on where or when it will air.
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...about-it.html/

NO DOUBT the Greta show will take some time to find its way to the airways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt her handlers are in negotiations to have our Communist Broadcasting Corp TO play it here in CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND SINCE CBC AUDIENCES ARE SO LOW...........................

IT MEANS VIRTUALLY NOBODY WILL EVER SEE THE GRETA SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless of course Our idiot Boy buys the rights to the show..................................

and FORCES Cdn school kids to watch it as part of their INDOCTRINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!