Hydro rate rise blamed on Liberals' private power deals

CDNBear
+1
Hydro rate rise blamed on Liberals' private power deals

TORONTO - Ontario hydro rates are rising at well above the rate of inflation with no relief in sight, NDP MPP Peter Tabuns says.
Tabuns blamed the Liberal government's pursuit of private power deals such as the cancelled Oakville gas plant, which torched up to $815 million of taxpayer dollars, for the steadily rising hydro bills.

Read More

Well d'uh, thanks again to all those Ontario clowns that voted these clowns back in.

captain morgan
You'll never read about this in the CBC

SLM
Grrrr. I am so beyond pissed off with all of this. More freaking rate hikes. They should be jailed for this, the freaking lot of them. Bastards.

I'm almost at the point where I'll opt for candle light and cooking over an open flame. Just gotta figure out how to get the internet access working.

Sons of Liberty
I really don't get it, Canada has such an abundance of resources and everything is so expensive. Your gas is about $2 higher per gallon than ours, your electric should be very very cheap and its not even close, I haven't heard anyone complain about natural gas so I guess that is under control. What gives?

petros
Nafta

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by Sons of Liberty View Post

I really don't get it, Canada has such an abundance of resources and everything is so expensive. Your gas is about $2 higher per gallon than ours, your electric should be very very cheap and its not even close, I haven't heard anyone complain about natural gas so I guess that is under control. What gives?

Well, you already know why the gas prices are out of whack, you explained it to me, lol.

Hydro is out of whack because successive gov't have allowed the utility to fall into disarray, caved to union demands, wasted millions of plants that never materialized, privatized the utility, forced massive studies to be undertaken before ground breaking, and of course, NIMBY's, we can't forget the NIMBY's. We just throw a billion out the window, because the Liberals thought they were going to lose the NIMBY votes in Mississauga and Oakville.

NatGas is aglut market right now, but I'm still trying to figure out why we pay a delivery charge in the summer when even the pilot light light is off.

petros
And export priorities under NAFTA

SLM
+1

Gross incompetence on the part of government regulators and really piss poor decision making. Which is also their fault.

petros
And NAFTA

CDNBear
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

And NAFTA

Yes petros, and NAFTA. I agree.

eh1eh
+2
This is a tangent but related.
The fees for license plates are going up again this year by a retarded amount.
In 2012 the fees were $504.00, $1565.00 and 1510.00 respectively for each of these trucks.
Talk about inflation. Who created the need for this?

Sons of Liberty

Nafta

And export priorities under NAFTA

And NAFTA

Please explain how NAFTA is responsible for your high gas and electric bills?

CDNBear
+1

Please explain how NAFTA is responsible for your high gas and electric bills?

April 2005: NAFTA Could Double Ontarians' Electricity Bills | Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

This is a tangent but related.
The fees for license plates are going up again this year by a retarded amount.
In 2012 the fees were $504.00, $1565.00 and 1510.00 respectively for each of these trucks.
Talk about inflation. Who created the need for this?

It is a government solution to a problem that government created.

petros
The Feds are more to blame than Provincial

SLM
+1

The Feds are more to blame than Provincial

Government di cks are government di cks. There's enough hate to go around.

Missplaced
+1
A government without integrity of any kind, that squanders the wealth of our children's futures escape responsibility because we allow them to escape. Merely ousting the incompetent and the corrupt at elections time isn't working and has never worked because it doesn't matter which political party a candidate calls their own, they've all pledged their allegiances not to the Canadian people, but to their personal wealth and power, self-interests encouraged by greed driven corporations. No one believes anything these scam artists say and everyone knows they lie. There is something terribly wrong in this country and we let it thrive.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

April 2005: NAFTA Could Double Ontarians' Electricity Bills | Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives

That's what happened here. 6.04 kW/h to 12.15kW/h since 2009 and we had to build a peak plant like the one cancelled in ON to make up for ND's demand.

Wasn't McSquinty a Conservative?

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by Missplaced View Post

No one believes anything these scam artists say and everyone knows they lie.

That's not true, that's how Mcsquinty got re-elected, some morons believe everything these idiots say, no matter the evidence before them.

Quote:

There is something terribly wrong in this country and we let it thrive.

Apathy is a powerful political tool.

captain morgan
+1

Welcome to Universal Healthcare.... It's Free!!!

CDNBear

Wasn't McSquinty a Conservative?

Nope, he was the leader of the natural governing party.

petros
Well there ya go.

I don't understand why anyone would deny a peak plant.

CDNBear

Well there ya go.

I don't understand why anyone would deny a peak plant.

NIMBY's are idiots.

petros
I'll say.

If interviewed/polled again what would they say this time?

We built our peak plant far away from the border to avoid being on the grid that pipes into USA.

captain morgan

NIMBY's are idiots.

... But always seem to scream the loudest about deficiencies in the system and demand the most.

Funny how that works

CDNBear
+1

If interviewed/polled again what would they say this time?

The same thing, they're idiots.

petros
Give them the chair!!!

Wait, the chair is too expensive unless you chair them at night.

SLM
+1

NIMBY's are idiots.

Fabulous, we'll send them the bill then.

Sons of Liberty

I'm not impressed, especially when they are blaming NAFTA for your high gas prices. I believe it is common knowledge why gas is more expensive in Canada, distribution and taxes, taxes and more taxes.

Quote:

Thanks to NAFTA, we must already compete against Americans for the gasoline to drive our cars and the oil to heat our homes. Just imagine having to bid against them to keep the lights on.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Fabulous, we'll send them the bill then.

Good idea. Mailboxes are in the front yard.