http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/ebol...rica-1.2981449

EagleSmack
+1
Floosy Post#49

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Ebola doctors, nurses no longer recruited for West Africa

Number of new cases drops, focus shifts from emergency to recovery

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/ebol...rica-1.2981449

Trying to hit the reset button after failing miserably?

lmao@u!

Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

so some people are mad because Africans had their feelings hurt for a little bit?

oh well.

Canada did a fantastic job during the ebola crisis. The US has a lot to learn from them.

Locutus
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Canada did a fantastic job during the ebola crisis. The US has a lot to learn from them.

and as Canadians of course, we're awfully sorry for the inconvenience but hey.

EagleSmack
+1

and as Canadians of course, we're awfully sorry for the inconvenience but hey.

The sad part is that even though Canada did everything right people are ripping their hair out because of it. They had a ZERO infection rate and somehow they should be ashamed of that.

Whereas the current US Administration scoffed at the idea of any ban and assured the country that we were safe from ebola but were ready for it in the unlikely event that an infected person reaches our shores. We were neither safe from it nor prepared for it from the moment Thomas Duncan lied to customs and boarded a plane for America. And we should be proud.... pfft.

mentalfloss
Thank gawd for all those travel bans lol

EagleSmack

Thank gawd for all those travel bans lol

I don't see Canada and Australia in that map. Just countries that failed to protect themselves.

Good job Canada and Australia!

lol

mentalfloss
You don't see a lot on that map.

EagleSmack

You don't see a lot on that map.

I don't see Canada at all!

Canada knew exactly what to do it appears while other countries left themselves at risk.

Does that anger you? Do you wish that some Canadians caught ebola even though a travel ban was in place? Of course you wouldn't want it to be you or your loved ones but someone else.

DaSleeper
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

I don't see Canada at all!

Canada knew exactly what to do it appears while other countries left themselves at risk.

Does that anger you? Do you wish that some Canadians caught ebola even though a travel ban was in place? Of course you wouldn't want it to be you or your loved ones but someone else.

Just another missing paragraph in his life

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Just another missing paragraph in his life

Such missed opportunities. If only ebola had reached Canada's shores he would be so vindicated. Now he has to flounder and thrash about aimlessly.

Tonington
+2

If you knew how to use the search function it might help.

I'm wondering if you know how it works, or if you're playing dumb for purpose. You mean if I change the parameters I'll get a different answer than you? I'm shocked.

I used the same parameters that DaS did, and was referring to the way he searched, I thought I made that pretty clear when I gave the example of this thread. Sure change them and you can move the goal posts as far as you like!

Change the search to the same parameters as yours 'search titles only' and now mentalfloss has just 12 threads with "global warming" in the thread title.

Canadian Content Forums - Search Results

Derp.

The original point remains, why would anyone on a content forum diss someone for posting content? This forum is circling the drain.

mentalfloss
Ebola threat fades in West Africa

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

I'm wondering if you know how it works, or if you're playing dumb for purpose. You mean if I change the parameters I'll get a different answer than you? I'm shocked.

I used the same parameters that DaS did, and was referring to the way he searched, I thought I made that pretty clear when I gave the example of this thread. Sure change them and you can move the goal posts as far as you like!

Change the search to the same parameters as yours 'search titles only' and now mentalfloss has just 12 threads with "global warming" in the thread title.

Canadian Content Forums - Search Results

Derp.

The original point remains, why would anyone on a content forum diss someone for posting content? This forum is circling the drain.

Are you back, Tonington?

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Are you back, Tonington?

He didn't post, just came back for a look- see and turned around in disgust!

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

He didn't post, just came back for a look- see and turned around in disgust!

The world got away LUCKY with Ebola!

Just needed a couple of pestilence carriers to get on the right planes and IT WOULD HAVE BEEN LOOSE HERE!

In related news regarding Ebola LUCK - we were ALSO FORTUNATE that that it ACTS SO FAST!

Ebola SWIFTLY shows multiple signs of infection -thus making it MUCH EASIER

TO PREVENT INFECTED PEOPLE FROM TRAVELING FAR and INFECTING MANY OTHERS!

Wuhan Virus is much more sneaky and thus harder to identify - we need only recall that many Wuhan carriers

were infectious WITHOUT showing symptoms - thus making them MUCH HARDER to track or identify!