Trumps win is major defeat for Christian Right

Glacier
No Party Affiliation
+3
If Trump is a blow to the Christian Right, why did he kick Cruz's a$$ in every single Bible Belt state!? Hint: the Christian right loves him; the Social Justice Warriors hate him. I'm not Trump fan, but part of me wants him to win simply because it would drive the SJWs absolutely crazy.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

We be b fooken st st st stoopid

Trump is the responsibility of the freeloading left. Stop them and the political class that feeds off them and there would be no need for Trump.

Quote: Originally Posted by Glacier View Post

If Trump is a blow to the Christian Right, why did he kick Cruz's a$$ in every single Bible Belt state!? Hint: the Christian right loves him; the Social Justice Warriors hate him. I'm not Trump fan, but part of me wants him to win simply because it would drive the SJWs absolutely crazy.

That is the only reason I want him to win. Shake up the political establishment.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
The Dam Democrats are voting for Trump now... TrumpOcrats

https://www.facebook.com/Democratsfortrump/

EagleSmack
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

That is the only reason I want him to win. Shake up the political establishment.

You know... I was listening to a radio program stating that Trump voters would vote for Bernie and Bernie voters would vote for Trump even though they are polar opposites on many issues. Millions want to just upend the establishment on both sides.

It is going to be a very interesting summer and fall.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

You know... I was listening to a radio program stating that Trump voters would vote for Bernie and Bernie voters would vote for Trump even though they are polar opposites on many issues. Millions want to just upend the establishment on both sides.

If listening to idiots spout idiocy is your notion of interesting.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

If listening to idiots spout idiocy is your notion of interesting.

C'mon... you aren't the slightest bit interested?

By idiots... do you mean the candidates?

Tecumsehsbones

C'mon... you aren't the slightest bit interested?

By idiots... do you mean the candidates?

I mean pretty much everybody, candidates, pundits, journalists, analysts, drunks on the end barstools. . .

EagleSmack

I mean pretty much everybody, candidates, pundits, journalists, analysts, drunks on the end barstools. . .

Ok... so you're a contributing member on this forum and you do not find the above mentioned interesting?

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
we be a nation of forrest gumps that did be why we want trump for high lumbago cause we be stoopid

darkbeaver
Republican

Ok... so you're a contributing member on this forum and you do not find the above mentioned interesting?

I knew from the beginning there was something wrong about him. Let's be fair he should be cast into the well in a bransack

Retired_Can_Soldier
With the exception of the hair and orange skin, it might not be so bad.

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
I am not convinced the Christian far right is at all troubled by Trump's victory. On the contrary, I have not heard even the least objection from them in his campaign.

Ted Cruz did not a ringing endorsement from local television evangelist types here in Gopherland. Frankly, none of the GOP candidates did. From all appearances, it seemed to me they are waiting for the RNC convention to take place - it is there where they will exert their biggest influence and it would not surprise me in the least that they endorse Trump. They will likely influence his selection for VP. But all that remains to be seen.

Glacier
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

I am not convinced the Christian far right is at all troubled by Trump's victory. On the contrary, I have not heard even the least objection from them in his campaign.

Except for Glenn Beck, Matt Walsh, Ben Shapiro, Andrew Klavan, etc.?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
I'm not so sure that, that is such a big deal. I'm no expert on the matter but bigger minds than mine have stated that the church has no business in politics! What's the predominant opinion in 2016?

tay
On Monday, Cruz, along with delegate-wrangler Ken Cuccinelli and Christian-right warhorse Tony Perkins, held a conference call with the faithful to inform them that while they have no intention of challenging Trump's nomination, they will act as guardians of the militantly conservative party platform and maybe add some planks to address items of cultural hysteria like bathroom labeling.

It seems a major motive for the call was to keep Cruz supporters from making other plans for the week of July 18 (delegates typically have to pay their own way to conventions, as well as their expenses at them, and some aren't enthused about running up the credit-card balances to participate in a Trump coronation). Cruz campaign leaders also want their troops to make an extra effort to win the two seats on the platform and rules committee to which each delegation is entitled. Perkins, for example, has already won a platform-committee spot from Louisiana.

On the platform, however, Trump's cavalier attitude toward many holy tenets of movement conservatism provides an excellent excuse for sounding the alarm. The Cruz people being who they are, the focus is on cultural issues. Here was Cuccinelli's message to Cruz supporters, according to the New York Times' Jonathan Martin:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...orm-fight.html

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

On Monday, Cruz, along with delegate-wrangler Ken Cuccinelli and Christian-right warhorse Tony Perkins, held a conference call with the faithful to inform them that while they have no intention of challenging Trump's nomination, they will act as guardians of the militantly conservative party platform and maybe add some planks to address items of cultural hysteria like bathroom labeling.

It seems a major motive for the call was to keep Cruz supporters from making other plans for the week of July 18 (delegates typically have to pay their own way to conventions, as well as their expenses at them, and some aren't enthused about running up the credit-card balances to participate in a Trump coronation). Cruz campaign leaders also want their troops to make an extra effort to win the two seats on the platform and rules committee to which each delegation is entitled. Perkins, for example, has already won a platform-committee spot from Louisiana.

On the platform, however, Trump's cavalier attitude toward many holy tenets of movement conservatism provides an excellent excuse for sounding the alarm. The Cruz people being who they are, the focus is on cultural issues. Here was Cuccinelli's message to Cruz supporters, according to the New York Times' Jonathan Martin:

Cruz Forces Plan Platform Fight -- NYMag

Reading those commie mags will rot yer mind.

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation

Beck is LDS.

Tecumsehsbones

Beck is LDS.

Or possibly LSD.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1

Exit polls in WV showed that 1/3 of Democrats would vote for Trump over Hillary (not Bernie).

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Nice meme .

EagleSmack

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpCvAnPRPs8

Highball
Tell me why Hillary is any different than Trump as far as the Christian Right is concerned.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Highball View Post

Tell me why Hillary is any different than Trump as far as the Christian Right is concerned.

She isn't. Just libs being libs.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Highball View Post

Well, she's still on her first marriage. . .

IdRatherBeSkiing

Well, she's still on her first marriage. . .

Such as it is.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Such as it is.

Used to be a big deal for right-wing evangelicals. They'd strongly encourage, or even order, a woman whose husband was stepping out to forgive him and preserve the marriage.

gopher
No Party Affiliation

Beck is LDS.

LSD might be better as stated below your comment by Tec. Beck, like Matt Walsh, Ben Shapiro, Andrew Klavan are right wingers but they are not members of the television evangelist Christian right.

Glacier
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

LSD might be better as stated below your comment by Tec. Beck, like Matt Walsh, Ben Shapiro, Andrew Klavan are right wingers but they are not members of the television evangelist Christian right.

Television evangelist Christian right makes up like 0.0001% of the American population. They are only slightly more numerous than unicorns in the U.S. so who cares what they have to say. Most Christians don't.