trudeau doesnt give a **** about indigeneous peoples rights


spilledthebeer
+3
#151
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Bullshit. It is the elected chiefs that have legal authority. The hereditory chiefs are nothing but useless fluff and feathers. Do look up the term elected.


THE REAL PROBLEM HERE with natives is panic stricken LIE-berals frantically trying to BUY native votes in a desperate bid to cling to power at ANY PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!


And why are we not discussing the latest LIE-beral scandal involving SNC Lavelin- the Quebec based company caught up in bribery and corruption charges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!


And Our idiot Boy gave a VERY CAREFULLY SCRIPTED REPLY to the question of govt intererfence in the case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Our idiot Boy stated he "did not direct the Justice Minister regarding the Lavelin case"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



So as I understand it he DENIES ISSUING ORDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!


However - when he was asked if he "put any sort of pressure on the Justice Minster regarding the Lavelin case- he CLAMMED UP!!!!!!!


And when asked if Justice Minster Wilson was FIRED from her job last month because of her handling of the Lavelin case- meaning putting the case to trial instead of accepting a plea bargain that would have minimized publicity - Our idiot Boy found NO ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
#152
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

If that is the case do try and explain why we have to get leases from the government if they don't own the land.
 
spilledthebeer
#153
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

If that is the case do try and explain why we have to get leases from the government if they don't own the land.


Oh..........I see that taxslave is not familiar with legal terminology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!


Govt will LEASE a thing it only wants to own or use for a little while.............like a car or a condo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!


Govt will EXPROPRIATE - meaning buy and pay for land that it wishes to use FOR A LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


To expropriate a thing means having it change ownership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


As will be happening with the land the pipeline will eventually be built on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
MHz
#154
'It's' trying but 'it' keeps spilling them.'
Memo received and updates applied and ready for inspection.
'It' has a large family, Right?
 
MHz
#155
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

If that is the case do try and explain why we have to get leases from the government if they don't own the land.

Perhaps this might come into play for 'public land' that borders an Indian village and where 'private land' also borders an Indian village.
'Private land' was farmland at some point so a homestead was established and the owner of the 1/4section (160 acres) also got the mineral rights so it turned out to be a gravel quarry the 'farmer' became very rich by selling the product an keeping all the money. On public land the material would be sold at the 'xxx/meter' level that would be about 1/10 of the value after it was refined and sold on the open market.
If a utility company wants to come across a 'homestead' it does just that. The 'farmer might have some say about the 10 acres his house sits on but the other 150 acres is open territory for 'as much' or 'as little' of the property is taken. When the property sold the mineral rights were stolen by the crown so they would get a share of something they had little rights to.
'Public lands' next to a 'Reserve' were used as a resource for food, same as a farmer grows a crop for, feed yourself and sell the rest. You cannot eat oil and diamonds (NWT) in the long term will be worth $100'sT/100 years to somebody with mineral rights.

$27T in profit @ 10% = 2.7B rather than the $500M the Govt and Indians collected.
At the time the borders were being draw the Indians got the land that has the least value and any that had value was privately owned long before mineral wealth became an issue. If Indian can claim mineral wealth is 'feeding them' then would win and could drive a BMW to the 'Rez Store" to pick up his new 'wall sized big screen like you on the TV.'
The other option is even less money will make it into the public coffers but the mining companies will be swimming in diamonds. The Provinces have less money to play with but the court cases will have a big impact on what goes on up north.The fewer people the better and bears only would be the best case rather than the worst.
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
#156
A new twist

B.C. gas pipeline on hold as company investigates Indigenous artifacts claim

Quote:

In a written statement, the company said Friday it has voluntarily suspended work at the site while it investigates the claims.
Spice said two Unist'ot'en supporters had been searching the upturned ground of the future work camp in the evenings, after crews had left, when they found two stone tools.
The Unist'ot'en say the company didn't conduct an adequate archeological impact assessment during the permitting process.
Coastal Gaslink says it did complete an archeological impact assessment as part of the permitting process, and the B.C. Oil and gas Commission confirmed that it met provincial requirements for its permit.
However, the company also says a road blockade prevented it from conducting onsite field work.

Were they a plant to stop the pipeline?
 
spilledthebeer
+2
#157
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

A new twist

B.C. gas pipeline on hold as company investigates Indigenous artifacts claim



Were they a plant to stop the pipeline?


It is an OLD DODGE and quite easy to do so YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


There is EXCELLENT REASON to think things were planted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And there is excellent reason to think that the archeological "value" of the planted items will be BLOWN WAY OUT OF PROPORTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


On the plus side- we are getting near to spring and thus archeologists can very soon start work- and DEBUNK the "finds" well before the October election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And as we all know........Our idiot Boy has NO PLANS to ever build pipelines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So our new govt will be able to get on with the work - FREE of fake archeological claims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
#158
‘Thank you for your donation’: Trudeau to protester over First Nation mercury poisoning at fundraiser

Quote:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was confronted by protesters who hoped to draw his attention to mercury contamination in the First Nation communities of Grassy Narrows and Wabaseemoong during a Liberal fundraiser in Toronto on Wednesday night.
The prime minister's response?
"Thank you for your donation."
That was according to a video posted to Twitter that showed Trudeau delivering a speech during the Laurier Club event at the luxury Omni King Edward Hotel.
Laurier Club members are considered high-end Liberal donors who must contribute a minimum of $1,500 in order to join the ranks.
"Mr. Trudeau, people at Grassy Narrows are suffering from mercury poisoning. You committed to addressing this crisis," a protester could be heard saying as she held up a banner calling on the prime minister to compensate people within the community.
The protester was subsequently ushered away. That's when Trudeau addressed her directly.
"Thank you for being here, thank you for your donation tonight. I really appreciate it," he said, to laughs, applause and cheers from the audience.
The prime minister then continued: "As you know, the Liberal Party is filled with different perspectives and different opinions, and we respect them all."
Another protester, still in the audience, then said off-camera: "If it was your family that's been waiting for 500 days, if your family was suffering from mercury poisoning, what would you do? If it was your family, would you accept it? Would you accept 500 days for one per cent?"
READ MORE: ANALYSIS — Biggest peril for Team Trudeau is that Liberals are at war with each other
A Facebook event promoting the protest alleged that Trudeau is "failing to help Grassy Narrows, a key test of his 'commitment' to meaningful relationships with First Nations and to a healthy environment."
The event post said that in November 2017, then-minister of Indigenous services Jane Philpott had "promised to build and operate a Mercury Survivors Home and Care Center in Grassy Narrows."
However, 500 days have passed since that commitment, and "only one per cent of the cost to build the facility has flowed and the project has stalled."
The event post went on to say that all but six per cent of Grassy Narrows people have received "no compensation for the intense impacts of the ongoing mercury crisis on their health, culture and livelihood.
"Instead of getting the support they need, they face chronic denial as they live with deep poverty and severe food insecurity."
Philpott, who has since left the Liberal cabinet, indeed pledged federal funding to the Grassy Narrows First Nation to fund a treatment centre to help people suffering the effects of mercury contamination.
READ MORE: Grassy Narrows First Nation gets federal funding for mercury treatment centre
Mercury contamination has been an issue in the area for half a century, after a paper mill located in Dryden, Ont., dumped thousands of kilograms of mercury into the English-Wabigoon river system in the 1960s.
"This is what they need and should have, and we are very happy to support them in it," Philpott said at the time.
A health survey published by the Grassy Narrows First Nation last year showed that the health of people there was "significantly worse" than other First Nations in Canada.
The community had fewer elders, and this survey suggested that people there were dying prematurely.
The Supreme Court of Canada has said it will hear a case over whether Ontario's provincial government can force Weyerhaeuser Co. and Resolute Forest Products to clean the former mill site in Dryden.
The provincial government had ordered them to clean the site in 2011, but they claimed they had received indemnity.
READ MORE: Ontario government to increase mercury disability payments to affected First Nations
An Ontario Superior Court judge found in the companies' favour in 2016, but the Ontario Court of Appeal overturned that ruling.
The government has also been handing out mercury disability payments to over 200 people in the Grassy Narrows and Wabaseemoong communities.
Global News has reached out to the Prime Minister's Office for comment on Trudeau's remarks.

 
pgs
Free Thinker
+3
#159
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

‘Thank you for your donation’: Trudeau to protester over First Nation mercury poisoning at fundraiser

He apologized and said he tries to be respectful and listen all people and their concerns . Except when he doesnít. But all joking aside , why is he flying around the country daily on our tax dollar having campaign style town halls ?
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+3
#160
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

He apologized and said he tries to be respectful and listen all people and their concerns . Except when he doesnít. But all joking aside , why is he flying around the country daily on our tax dollar having campaign style town halls ?

Excuse me , even worse he is flying around the country on our tax dollar to attend $1500.00 a plate Liberal fundraisers . Obviously well attended by local business leaders and crony capitalists hoping to get a step up .
 
Mowich
Conservative
+1
#161
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

..... why is he flying around the country daily on our tax dollar having campaign style town halls ?


This wasn't a town hall, pgs. It was a very exclusive ($1500 per head) meet and greet with liberal fundraisers in hopes of fleecing yet more brain-dead sheep.

His reaction to the FN protestors was so telling of just how on edge he is over all the negative press. He's lost his grip on his temper and if he doesn't get it back under control, I expect we will see more of these types of interactions.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#162
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

This wasn't a town hall, pgs. It was a very exclusive ($1500 per head) meet and greet with liberal fundraisers in hopes of fleecing yet more brain-dead sheep.

His reaction to the FN protestors was so telling of just how on edge he is over all the negative press. He's lost his grip on his temper and if he doesn't get it back under control, I expect we will see more of these types of interactions.

His patience seems to be running thin lately , I also believe he is no longer enjoying his job as much these days .He does not appear as happy , bubbly and full of confidence like during the election campaign and after he first took office .
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
#163
Carey Price said it BEST:')
If you have not spent any time in a First Nations community and listened to their stories then you have NO RIGHT to pass judgement on them. Racism is TAUGHT, please be mindful of your "opinions" and think about how you came to your conclusions about our First Nations peoples. Canada was NOT discovered, it was invaded. I am sick of the ignorant stereotypes and lack of respect and empathy that many have for First Nations. Our history is based on lies and omits many truths from coast to coast. The Federal Government with no apologies or accountability for the wrong doings and pain another generation survived in Residential School, that is not something you simply "get over" - educate yourselves before taking the cop out road of ignorant stereotyping. The truth is that the recent past and current oppression is still effecting our First Nations and the road to healing is not going to happen overnight, but what CAN happen overnight is the way we all acknowledge the wrong doings, the way we listen to their stories in order to give them closure and help them heal, we all deserve to have a sense that we all matter and are all respected. The road forward is long and it is not easy but together we rise.
~Carey Price


 
spilledthebeer
+1
#164
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Carey Price said it BEST:')
If you have not spent any time in a First Nations community and listened to their stories then you have NO RIGHT to pass judgement on them. Racism is TAUGHT, please be mindful of your "opinions" and think about how you came to your conclusions about our First Nations peoples. Canada was NOT discovered, it was invaded. I am sick of the ignorant stereotypes and lack of respect and empathy that many have for First Nations. Our history is based on lies and omits many truths from coast to coast. The Federal Government with no apologies or accountability for the wrong doings and pain another generation survived in Residential School, that is not something you simply "get over" - educate yourselves before taking the cop out road of ignorant stereotyping. The truth is that the recent past and current oppression is still effecting our First Nations and the road to healing is not going to happen overnight, but what CAN happen overnight is the way we all acknowledge the wrong doings, the way we listen to their stories in order to give them closure and help them heal, we all deserve to have a sense that we all matter and are all respected. The road forward is long and it is not easy but together we rise.
~Carey Price







POOR CLIFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!


He simply does not see that there is NO situation that cannot be made worse by mixing drugs and alcohol into it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Two third thirds of the native population live in cities and you dont hear much about them............................


they generally live quietly and peacefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And good for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



it is the other ONE THIRD......................................


who all live on reserves who get ALL the headlines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Who is smuggling cigarettes and screwing govt out of billions in taxes????????????


Natives on reserves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Who are the people going to jail in the largest numbers????????????????????????


People from reserves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Who lives in the lowest quality housing- even worse than Toronto "affordable housing"?


People from reserves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And who got PAID to build those crumbling rat trap houses?????????????????????


People on reserves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Who has the highest rate of suicide in the country???????????????????????


People on reserves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!


Who has the highest rate of drug and alcohol addiction in the country?????????????????????


People on reserves??????????????????????????


Who has the countries lowest academic scores??????????????????????????


People on reserves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Who has the highest levels of unemployment in Canada????????????


People on reserves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Who gets routinely caught up in assorted spending scandals?????????????


Things like using housing money to pay for new cars and Carribean cruises?????????????


And trips to places like California for hockey teams and LOTS of supporters?????????????


As for the Atiwapiskat reserve and its missing $150 million dollars- in a town of 1500 people- that issue is beyond LOATHSOME!!!!!!!!!


And all this crap and corruption is perpetrated by people on reserves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It is time to admit that living on a reserve IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It is bad mentally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!


And it is bad physically!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And it is past time to admit that the reserve system is BROKEN and needs to be ended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The reserve system is NOT COMPATIBLE with 20th century life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I do know it is now the 21st century....................................


but that IS the point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!


Reserve life has not caught up with the 20th century........................much less the 21st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



It is time for reserve inhabitants to admit that they are now their own worst enemies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Time to admit that white people are NOT to blame for the CURRENT mess on reserves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And it is time to admit what I have said before:


That the best thing govt can do for the inhabitants of the perpetually FLOODED Kashechewan reserve is fly those people out...........


as govt DOES EVERY YEAR.............................................. .....


take them to Thunder Bay as gvot does every year at a cost of about $20 million dollars for those 2500 people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



AND THEN FORGET to ever fly them back to the Kashechewan PEST HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


In Thunder Bay they will have access to better and cheaper food - meaning more fruit and vegetables so obesity and heart disease wont be so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


They will have access to lower cost heat and light- no need to rely on costly diesel fueled generators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Having access to that low cost hot water for bathing and for cleaning clothes will also give them a fighting chance to clean up some of the LOATHSOME skin rashes the kids were suffering from last spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



There will be doctors and dentists and hospitals literally down the street in Thunder Bay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No more costly air flights just to get a tooth fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And in order for Kash natives to enjoy this improved life style and more healthy diet is tell them this:


Yes, we know Kash is a traditional camping ground of your people but it is NOT SUITABLE for people who want a 20th century life style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And we will no longer aid and assist you in living that crappy, chaotic, drunken, drugged, unemployed life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You want to go back to Kash?


Fine.................


you want to live as your ancestors did.............................................


okay then.............................................. ....



SO go BACK to Kash as your ancestors did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


In a canoe you made yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!


Oh- and welfare cheques WILL ONLY be issued in Thunder Bay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The Kash welfare office is PERMANENTLY CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Problem SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
 
MHz
#165
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post


Drunks can be fun.

That what your 'new friends' say as they hand you another drink?
 
MHz
#166
A few years down the road there should be lots of 'reports', where are they or is this person in on acts that are considered to be war crimes? If the infection was mold caused rather than parasite then the medical experiments are paying off as killer diseases are what the WHO is looking for.



https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbu...date-1.3500631
Warning: This story contains graphic images

CBC News ∑ Posted: Mar 21, 2016 11:49 AM ET | Last Updated: March 23, 2016


Derek Stephen of Kashechewan posted photos on social media of the angry-looking bumps and rashes on his niece's legs and face. The baby is now receiving medical treatment in Timmins, Ont. (Derek Stephen/Facebook)



Federal Health Minister Jane Philpott says an outbreak of skin lesions among children at Kashechewan First Nation in northern Ontario is not the result of the community's water, as some have suggested.
"The water has been tested as recently as last Tuesday and we know that it meets all of the appropriate standards for safety in drinking water and for water to be used for other purposes," Philpott said Monday.
She would not give any specifics about the case, but said that one possible cause of the lesions is an infectious condition.
 
VIBC
No Party Affiliation
#167
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Carey Price said it BEST:')
If you have not spent any time in a First Nations community and listened to their stories then you have NO RIGHT to pass judgement on them. Racism is TAUGHT, please be mindful of your "opinions" and think about how you came to your conclusions about our First Nations peoples. Canada was NOT discovered, it was invaded. I am sick of the ignorant stereotypes and lack of respect and empathy that many have for First Nations. Our history is based on lies and omits many truths from coast to coast. The Federal Government with no apologies or accountability for the wrong doings and pain another generation survived in Residential School, that is not something you simply "get over" - educate yourselves before taking the cop out road of ignorant stereotyping. The truth is that the recent past and current oppression is still effecting our First Nations and the road to healing is not going to happen overnight, but what CAN happen overnight is the way we all acknowledge the wrong doings, the way we listen to their stories in order to give them closure and help them heal, we all deserve to have a sense that we all matter and are all respected. The road forward is long and it is not easy but together we rise.
~Carey Price

Thanks for posting this, Cliffy. It's great to know there are folks who've given serious thought or attention to the history & conditions of indigenous peoples in Canada. Sadly most of my friends & acquaintances - otherwise good people all - don't fit in that category. It's often embarrassing to hear the way they talk.

And it's a bit unsettling to recognise that as an immigrant I'm really just one of the most recent invaders.
 
VIBC
No Party Affiliation
#168
Re: "consultation":
https://podcast-a.akamaihd.net/mp3/p...Y-20190418.mp3
The intro/CBC promo is a bit annoying but hang in there - the whole thing's just over 5-1/2 minutes.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+2
#169
Quote: Originally Posted by VIBC View Post

Thanks for posting this, Cliffy. It's great to know there are folks who've given serious thought or attention to the history & conditions of indigenous peoples in Canada. Sadly most of my friends & acquaintances - otherwise good people all - don't fit in that category. It's often embarrassing to hear the way they talk.

And it's a bit unsettling to recognise that as an immigrant I'm really just one of the most recent invaders.

How many of your friends and acquaintances are native ?
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#170
Quote: Originally Posted by VIBC View Post

Re: "consultation":
https://podcast-a.akamaihd.net/mp3/p...Y-20190418.mp3
The intro/CBC promo is a bit annoying but hang in there - the whole thing's just over 5-1/2 minutes.

Big whoop , the nimbyís in Kitsalino are nimbys .
 
MHz
#171
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

How many of your friends and acquaintances are native ?

Sadly most of my friends & acquaintances - otherwise good people all - don't fit in that category.



Do you really need help with the math on this one??
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#172
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

How many of your friends and acquaintances are native ?

What difference does it make? Being aware that our native peoples are being treated like second class citizens or worse has nothing to do with the number of native friends you have and everything to do with being aware and awake. Look around and open your eyes. Prejudices are blinding.
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#173
Quote: Originally Posted by VIBC View Post

Thanks for posting this, Cliffy. It's great to know there are folks who've given serious thought or attention to the history & conditions of indigenous peoples in Canada. Sadly most of my friends & acquaintances - otherwise good people all - don't fit in that category. It's often embarrassing to hear the way they talk.

And it's a bit unsettling to recognise that as an immigrant I'm really just one of the most recent invaders.




In the pursuit of truth and full disclosure............................


let us also recognize that Mohawks are REFUGEES who should also be classed as immigrant "invaders"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


After all- Mohawk lands were traditionally located SOUTH of the St Lawrence River and Great Lakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Mohakws supported the British against the Yankee rebels in 1776 and of course they LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So Mohawks came here as immigrants seeking shelter from racial persecution.................................


just like so many other CANADIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
 
spilledthebeer
#174
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

A few years down the road there should be lots of 'reports', where are they or is this person in on acts that are considered to be war crimes? If the infection was mold caused rather than parasite then the medical experiments are paying off as killer diseases are what the WHO is looking for.



https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbu...date-1.3500631
Warning: This story contains graphic images

CBC News ∑ Posted: Mar 21, 2016 11:49 AM ET | Last Updated: March 23, 2016


Derek Stephen of Kashechewan posted photos on social media of the angry-looking bumps and rashes on his niece's legs and face. The baby is now receiving medical treatment in Timmins, Ont. (Derek Stephen/Facebook)



Federal Health Minister Jane Philpott says an outbreak of skin lesions among children at Kashechewan First Nation in northern Ontario is not the result of the community's water, as some have suggested.
"The water has been tested as recently as last Tuesday and we know that it meets all of the appropriate standards for safety in drinking water and for water to be used for other purposes," Philpott said Monday.
She would not give any specifics about the case, but said that one possible cause of the lesions is an infectious condition.




Yes- the DIRTY LITTLE DETAIL that LIE-berals DO NOT WANT to discuss is that the "infectious condition" responds to soap and hot water and clean clothes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


THAT IS WHY a bunch of kids were flown out of Kash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The cost of heat and hot water in Kash IS SIMPLY TOO HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Kash is a good place to live.............................................


in a TENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


With ready access to a canoe and the ability to paddle away from spring flooding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And it is a good place to spend some time hunting and fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!



But as a location for a TWENTIETH CENTURY MODERN COMMUNITY...............................


with city amenities...............................


Kash IS THE ASSHOLE OF THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


How can anybody live in a healthy and sensible way when EVERYTHING from your toilet paper to your kitchen table must either be FLOWN IN......................................


or BARGED IN from NEWFOUNDLAND????????????????????????????


The COST IS STAGGERING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And then recall that ALL the necessities of life needed in Kash must be paid for with WELFARE CHECKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


BECAUSE THERE ARE NO JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11



Is it any wonder they are having TROUBLE up there?????????????????????????


It is hard enough to survive on welfare in Toronto where the food and heating costs are a SMALL FRACTION of what they pay in Kash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


SO I SAY AGAIN: THE BEST THING LIE-BERALS CAN DO FOR KASH.............................................. .


IS TO FLY EVERYBODY OUT AND LEAVE THEM IN THUNDER BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
#175
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Oh..........I see that taxslave is not familiar with legal terminology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Govt will LEASE a thing it only wants to own or use for a little while.............like a car or a condo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!


Govt will EXPROPRIATE - meaning buy and pay for land that it wishes to use FOR A LONG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


To expropriate a thing means having it change ownership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


As will be happening with the land the pipeline will eventually be built on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got it ass backwards dummy. I was refering to companies wanting to use crown land for specific purposes. So getting back to cliffy's fakebook meeme Why is it that when I needed a place to dewater logs I had to lease both the land and the forshore from the government? Either his meeme is wrong or the government committed fraud by charging me to use a piece of land they didn't own.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
#176
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

What difference does it make? Being aware that our native peoples are being treated like second class citizens or worse has nothing to do with the number of native friends you have and everything to do with being aware and awake. Look around and open your eyes. Prejudices are blinding.

Second class citizens that have more rights and free taxpayers money than the rest of us. I could use some of that discrimination about now.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#177
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

What difference does it make? Being aware that our native peoples are being treated like second class citizens or worse has nothing to do with the number of native friends you have and everything to do with being aware and awake. Look around and open your eyes. Prejudices are blinding.

Yes but you learn more from the horses mouth then the assís end .
 
Mowich
Conservative
+1
#178
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Carey Price said it BEST:')
If you have not spent any time in a First Nations community and listened to their stories then you have NO RIGHT to pass judgement on them. Racism is TAUGHT, please be mindful of your "opinions" and think about how you came to your conclusions about our First Nations peoples. Canada was NOT discovered, it was invaded. I am sick of the ignorant stereotypes and lack of respect and empathy that many have for First Nations. Our history is based on lies and omits many truths from coast to coast. The Federal Government with no apologies or accountability for the wrong doings and pain another generation survived in Residential School, that is not something you simply "get over" - educate yourselves before taking the cop out road of ignorant stereotyping. The truth is that the recent past and current oppression is still effecting our First Nations and the road to healing is not going to happen overnight, but what CAN happen overnight is the way we all acknowledge the wrong doings, the way we listen to their stories in order to give them closure and help them heal, we all deserve to have a sense that we all matter and are all respected. The road forward is long and it is not easy but together we rise.
~Carey Price


I have a lot of respect for Carey, Cliffy. He is a fine example of what any native can do when they have the will and determination to overcome the obstacles in their way and succeed in their chosen profession.

That said, I imagine this statement was made long before the plethora of apologies given by the little potato.
 
Mowich
Conservative
+2
#179
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

What difference does it make? Being aware that our native peoples are being treated like second class citizens or worse has nothing to do with the number of native friends you have and everything to do with being aware and awake. Look around and open your eyes. Prejudices are blinding.

It most certainly helps ones education regarding the history of natives in Canada if one does number them among their friends, Cliffy. Hearing first hand what many of them endured gives one a much better understanding of how hard they have worked to get past the harm done. My friends do not feel at all like second class citizens. They are proud to be native and work hard to improve the lives of all in their communities. Instead of continually looking backward, they choose to move forward and reject the current climate of activist hype that promotes victim-hood. They didn't 'get over it' they got past it.
 
VIBC
No Party Affiliation
#180
Prejudices are blinding.
"Second class citizens that have more rights and free taxpayers money than the rest of us. I could use some of that discrimination about now."
Q.E.D.