Provinces should petition Ottawa for control over trade.


White_Unifier
#1
Ontario, Quebec, and other provinces should petition Ottawa to revise the Constitution to give each province control over interjurisdictional trade. That way, any province that wants protectionism would be welcome to it, any province that wants unilateral global free trade could do that, and any provicne could negotiate the inter-provincial and international trade agreements that it thinks would benefit it.

This way, any province that wants out of diry and cultural and other protectonism could finally bow out and trade with the world. If another province wants to raise tariffs against it, so be it. It could always trade with the other provinces, the US, and the rest of the world instead. Let the protectonists protect and the traders trade.

On that note, transfer control over packaging and labelling, phytosanitary, banking, and other economic matters to the provinces too.
Last edited by White_Unifier; 1 week ago at 06:48 PM..
 
MHz
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

On that note, transfer control over packaging and labelling, phytosanitary, banking, and other economic matters to the provinces too.

If it was a referendum that had the Sovereign Provinces join into a single country, hold another one to see of any Provinces want to bail.The Province you vote in is your new Country.


Then the next time the UK is losing a World War it can be just Ontario that helps her, . . . cough.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Ontario, Quebec, and other provinces should petition Ottawa to revise the Constitution to give each province control over interjurisdictional trade.

They should vote for Provexit! Who wants a bunch of unelected, arrogant, elitst bureaucrats who never held a real job sitting outside the province making decisions for the province?
 
White_Unifier
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

They should vote for Provexit! Who wants a bunch of unelected, arrogant, elitst bureaucrats who never held a real job sitting outside the province making decisions for the province?

Canada's quite democratic, but economic interests can vary wildly across the state.
 
spilledthebeer
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Ontario, Quebec, and other provinces should petition Ottawa to revise the Constitution to give each province control over interjurisdictional trade. That way, any province that wants protectionism would be welcome to it, any province that wants unilateral global free trade could do that, and any provicne could negotiate the inter-provincial and international trade agreements that it thinks would benefit it.

This way, any province that wants out of diry and cultural and other protectonism could finally bow out and trade with the world. If another province wants to raise tariffs against it, so be it. It could always trade with the other provinces, the US, and the rest of the world instead. Let the protectonists protect and the traders trade.

On that note, transfer control over packaging and labelling, phytosanitary, banking, and other economic matters to the provinces too.


What an anti Cdn raving socialist LOON you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The rest of the world is moving towards easier trade and you want to REVERSE CDN HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


WE need to REDUCE barriers to trade between provinces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


When it is easier to buy wine from Australia, South Africa, France or Chile in a British Columbia wine store than it is to get wine from Ontari-owe the problem is OBVIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


If you want mid or upper range quality and price- Ontari-owe stacks up VERY WELL to the rest of the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



But B.C. did not stock ANY Ontari-owe wines last time I looked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And Quebec recently arrested a guy from Hull who was driving to Ontari-owe for his beer and bringing it back to La Belle Province- where beer taxes are much higher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And then there is the issue if health care- IT MUST BE MADE MORE PORTABLE since people must now often move to find work!!!!!!!


Are we citizens of ONE COUNTRY or not??????????????????????



Sadly- we KNOW that LIE-berals want us splintered into petty little tribes that LIE-beral overlords can easily dominate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Only a stinking Socialist trouble maker would advocate turning Canada into a pack of little warring LIE-beral Fiefdoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Hoid
#6
So each province will set up trade delegations to all international trading nations.

It sounds very logical.
 
White_Unifier
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

So each province will set up trade delegations to all international trading nations.
It sounds very logical.

It would normally make sense to pool our resources. But when the provinces are more free-trade-minded than the feds, that changes things a little.
 
White_Unifier
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

What an anti Cdn raving socialist LOON you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The rest of the world is moving towards easier trade and you want to REVERSE CDN HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


WE need to REDUCE barriers to trade between provinces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When it is easier to buy wine from Australia, South Africa, France or Chile in a British Columbia wine store than it is to get wine from Ontari-owe the problem is OBVIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you want mid or upper range quality and price- Ontari-owe stacks up VERY WELL to the rest of the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But B.C. did not stock ANY Ontari-owe wines last time I looked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And Quebec recently arrested a guy from Hull who was driving to Ontari-owe for his beer and bringing it back to La Belle Province- where beer taxes are much higher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And then there is the issue if health care- IT MUST BE MADE MORE PORTABLE since people must now often move to find work!!!!!!!
Are we citizens of ONE COUNTRY or not??????????????????????
Sadly- we KNOW that LIE-berals want us splintered into petty little tribes that LIE-beral overlords can easily dominate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only a stinking Socialist trouble maker would advocate turning Canada into a pack of little warring LIE-beral Fiefdoms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So support for free trade is now a socialist thing?
 
spilledthebeer
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

So each province will set up trade delegations to all international trading nations.

It sounds very logical.


Oh yes HOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Your poisonous LIE-beral opportunism should put a WHOLE LOT OF CIVIL SERVICE UNION HOGS TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


But..................OH DEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It is the COST of all those USELESS civil service Hogs that are currently employed by govt is killing the Sunny Ways of Our idiot Boy Justin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


adding in a whole new herd of Hogs will just kill LIE-beral election hopes EVEN FASTER than before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You just cannot create a HUGE NEW CLASS of wildly privileged ARISTOCRAT Hogs without PISSING OFF THE TAX PAYERS even further!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And how well will that vast assembly of Hog bureaucrats -as envisioned by Hoid- work out for us????????????????????


Just as well as the horde of Hogs who cobbled together the vaunted Paris Accord while leaving no expense account unused!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And now they are telling us the Paris Accord is USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And the Hogs tell us they need another huge assembly of greedy swine at some exotic 5 star resort to hash out a new delusional program to save the environment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
DaSleeper
#10
There are pills for what ails you!
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

It would normally make sense to pool our resources. But when the provinces are more free-trade-minded than the feds, that changes things a little.

The provinces are not even in favor of free trade among themselves.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

There are pills for what ails you!

Set up a GoFundMe page.
 
spilledthebeer
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

There are pills for what ails you!


DaSleeper is ASLEEP AT THE SWITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


SLEEPER- it is NOT LEGAL to put CYANIDE PILLS into the food and drink of LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!


NO MATTER HOW VILE THEIR BEHAVIOUR BECOMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !


The ONLY HONEST SOLUTION is to vote the bastards OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!



And AINT IT GRAND that so many LIE-beral policies are failing in such spectacular stupidity that it looks likely THEY WILL BE VOTED OUT ONE DAY SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!