Man robs store with Klingon sword


Praxius
#1


WORLD IN BRIEF - Nova Scotia News - TheChronicleHerald.ca

Quote:

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Colorado police say a man with too much Star Trek on his mind used a sword modelled after the weapon carried by Klingon warriors to demand money from two convenience stores.

Investigators say the man took an unknown amount of cash from a 7-Eleven store Wednesday but left empty-handed when he tried to rob another store about 25 minutes later.

Police Lt. David Whitlock says no one was injured.

The StarTrek.com website says the double-pointed sword used by the Klingons on Star Trek is crescent-shaped and about a metre long.

 
lone wolf
#2
With which hand was he supposed to pocket the cash?
 
Praxius
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

With which hand was he supposed to pocket the cash?

Just pierce the bills on one end.... but then again, you could still operate the blade with one hand, it just depended on how strong a blow you wanted to send to the skull.
 
karrie
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

With which hand was he supposed to pocket the cash?

A true klingon could use the middle grip one handed with ease. Sheesh wolf.
 
lone wolf
#5
My guess is the guy wasn't a true Klingon.....
 
karrie
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

My guess is the guy wasn't a true Klingon.....

well, he does seem to lack honour, you may be right.
 
#juan
#7
It doesn't seem much more dangerous than a pointed stick or a club. It looks like it was made from a piece of aluminum plate. I'd worry more about an axe or a knife.
 
Ron in Regina
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post


That is absolutely the biggest, meanest, ugliest bottle opener I have ever seen!
 
karrie
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

It doesn't seem much more dangerous than a pointed stick or a club. It looks like it was made from a piece of aluminum plate. I'd worry more about an axe or a knife.

My husband was mortified when he tried to sneak into the house unexpectedly one night (he was supposed to be out of town), and was greeted by me and a knife at the back door. He commented on how silly I was to have grabbed my little paring knife, until I pointed out that a smaller stout blade means I can jab quickly in close quarters and slip between ribs much more easily than trying to wield the butcher knife. I'd be with you on not being terribly afraid for my life from that weapon. But, at the same time, I don't like so much as a stubbed toe, so, I'd still do what I was told. lol.
 
lone wolf
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

That is absolutely the biggest, meanest, ugliest bottle opener I have ever seen!

You ought to see the bottle!
 
Ron in Regina
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

It doesn't seem much more dangerous than a pointed stick or a club. It looks like it was made from a piece of aluminum plate. I'd worry more about an axe or a knife.


Ya' know....given two hours, a bench grinder, a side grinder, a six pack
of Coors Lite, some fine files, several grits of sandpaper, and a sharpening
steel, that can opener could become a real weapon...aluminum or not.

Oh yeah, add a bench vise to that list.
Last edited by Ron in Regina; Feb 5th, 2009 at 03:41 PM..Reason: Missed a sentance somehow.
 
#juan
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Ya' know....given two hours, a bench grinder, a side grinder, a six pack
of Coors Lite, some fine files, several grits of sandpaper, and a sharpening
steel, that can opener could become a real weapon...aluminum or not.

Oh yeah, add a bench vise to that list.

Wouldn't make a great concealed weapon though...ooh.....ouch.....ooh...
 
shadowshiv
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

well, he does seem to lack honour, you may be right.

He must have belonged to the House of Duras. Those darned Klingons never had any honour!
 
Zan
#14
I'm actually a fan of the old Star Trek shows... but yanno, that whole "Klingon" thing... couldn't they have come up with a better name than that? I just pulled one of those off my dog's behind yesterday!
 
shadowshiv
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Zan View Post

I'm actually a fan of the old Star Trek shows... but yanno, that whole "Klingon" thing... couldn't they have come up with a better name than that? I just pulled one of those off my dog's behind yesterday!

And I'll bet he fought with tenacity and honour before being plucked from his home, didn't he?
 
Zan
#16
well there was a growl alright - but I won! hahaha
 
lone wolf
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Zan View Post

I'm actually a fan of the old Star Trek shows... but yanno, that whole "Klingon" thing... couldn't they have come up with a better name than that? I just pulled one of those off my dog's behind yesterday!

I think that's sorta where the name sprouted ... beyond the fine ol' frontier with a probe circling Uranus wiping out cling-ons
 
Zan
#18
...guess they ran out of inspiration after the "Trouble with Tribbles" episode. ROFL
 
shadowshiv
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Zan View Post

well there was a growl alright - but I won! hahaha

Until the next one comes along and challenges you to battle for daring to lay a hand on his brother.
 
shadowshiv
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Zan View Post

...guess they ran out of inspiration after the "Trouble with Tribbles" episode. ROFL

That is true. Judging by how the Tribbles looked, they could easily wipe out any Klingons that dared get in their way.
 
Zan
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

Until the next one comes along and challenges you to battle for daring to lay a hand on his brother.

Might have to get shaver out!
 
shadowshiv
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zan View Post

Might have to get shaver out!

Why do I suddenly hear that music that played when Kirk was forced to battle his crewmates in the Arena?
 
Zan
#23
lol - ok you out "episoded" me on that one.... the only one I remember where Kirk was fighting his crewmates was the one where Spock was in heat. hahahahahaaa
 
lone wolf
#24
Have any hydrogen peroxide? It'll soften stoolieballz
 
shadowshiv
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Zan View Post

lol - ok you out "episoded" me on that one.... the only one I remember where Kirk was fighting his crewmates was the one where Spock was in heat. hahahahahaaa

It was the one where Kirk, Uhura, and Chekov were kidnapped and forced to fight each other(and other combatants) for the pleasure of their captors. Classic! Or not so classic. Heck, it was Star Trek after all, so it was all relative.
 
Zan
#26
lol Lone Wolf - you amazing little storehouse of knowledge!heehee - honestly though - if it gets to the point where I'm thinking of softening anything up on his back end, I'm heading straight for the razor!
 
Zan
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

It was the one where Kirk, Uhura, and Chekov were kidnapped and forced to fight each other(and other combatants) for the pleasure of their captors. Classic! Or not so classic. Heck, it was Star Trek after all, so it was all relative.

omg - I think I remember it now hahaha... yes they're all classics I spose.

We used to make awful fun of Uhura's name... we called her O'whora. Horrible kids we were.
 
shadowshiv
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Zan View Post

omg - I think I remember it now hahaha... yes they're all classics I spose.

We used to make awful fun of Uhura's name... we called her O'whora. Horrible kids we were.

See? I am a veritable font of knowledge, aren't I?

And did you call her that before or after she had nude pictures taken of herself?
 
Zan
#29
she did not!

... you're just messing with me right? She didn't really do that did she?
 
Praxius
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

See? I am a veritable font of knowledge, aren't I?

And did you call her that before or after she had nude pictures taken of herself?

Counc. Troi did some nudy stuff in a movie a while back.... I never saw it but I seen shots from the movie somewhere in my travels.....

I was not much for the original, more of a TNG and Deep Space 9 guy..... more so TNG, but once Sisco got the hair gone and grew the bad ass goatee, things got better in DS9, esspecially when they got the defiant and the whole war thing started up.

Anything you need to know about TNG..... as nerdy as it may be to admit, I know probably 98% of it.
 

Similar Threads

117
The Sword of the Spirit
by herald | Jun 17th, 2009
3
Best Sword FIght Vedio´s
by s243a | Apr 5th, 2007
5