Bang, bang ... ban

Avro
No Party Affiliation
By MICHAEL COREN

It's become as regular and predictable as a half-witted Canadian poet applying for a public grant. Assorted leftist politicians, misnamed peace activists and fellow travelling dunderheads calling for a total ban on handguns. It happens every time someone is killed on Canada's streets by an evil punk with a pistol.
Which should lead us to call for a total ban of evil punks. But no. That would require original thought and original policies. To adapt the words of the great and now greatly missed Charlton Heston, they'll take my welfare cheque for having yet another child by an anonymous father from my cold, dead hands.
Because that is what so much of this is all about. The killing that provoked the latest spasm took place in Toronto. Where so many murders and shootings are carried out by young men who have never known their father and barely their mother.
We're force-fed the urban myth that all of these single moms are crosses between Mother Teresa and Mary Poppins, but the truth is that while some may be sacrificing darlings, others are entirely indifferent to their kids. If they weren't, they'd have been careful to make sure they gave themselves to men who might hang around a little longer.
We can quote statistics all day about the violent crime rates in Britain where there is a handgun ban and the safety of Scandinavian nations where there is no ban at all, but the zealots base their arguments not on facts but on raw emotion. A crying cousin of a victim is worth a hundred informed arguments.
IRONIC
These gun-haters, ironically, tend to be the very same people who also campaign for more rights for criminals, shorter sentences and emptier prisons. In other words, we'll ban handguns but only slap you on the wrist if you break the ban anyway.
They also tend by their nature to be state-control freaks. Yet if every cop who spends dozens of hours setting up and manning speed traps for harmless people driving marginally over the limit, giving out tickets for minor infringements and generally playing social worker actually targeted gun-carrying hoodlums we'd be a far safer country.
One brief example of the nonsense. Last year a child was shot dead in a Toronto school. He was immediately painted as an angel by everyone around him and that may be true -- it's odd, however, how so many young people involved in gang violence, whether victims or perpetrators, turn out to be so saintly.
I covered the boy's funeral live on radio. After a few speeches a young person stepped to the microphone and announced that "the youth" would now be in charge of the ceremony and they would play the dead boy's favourite song.
It was a recording from a convicted felon and used so many obscene and violent words in the first stanza that we had to hurriedly cut away, leading us to ask why there was no adult supervision of this part of the funeral and what sort of message a filthy, misogynistic, gangster-glorifying song was doing at such a time and place.
Perhaps a total ban of handguns would have transformed the culture and climate of this event and the community around it. Then again, perhaps that's total garbage. Let's not disarm the law-abiding, but arrest the lawless. You'll take my ability to think away from my cold, dead mind.

http://www.torontosun.com/News/Colum...265941-sun.php

Colpy
Conservative
Thank you, Mr. Coren.

Here's a stat for you.........Of all the guns seized in murder investigations, what percentile do you think were EVER registered in Canada?

The answer is 2.

Two percent of the firearms seized in murder investigations were EVER registered......

The major of Toronto, David Miller, and the Liberal (surprize!) premier of Ontario are drooling idiots.

Avro
No Party Affiliation
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1566715.stm

Why are gun crimes so low there?

Perhaps it has to do with ethnicity, something that will have me labeled a racist.

Colpy
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro View Post

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/1566715.stm

Why are gun crimes so low there?

Perhaps it has to do with ethnicity, something that will have me labeled a racist.

Culture, actually.....and no inner cities, few fatherless, poor children raised by desperate mothers in abysmal conditions amongst crowds of other abused, fatherless, poor kids that come from cultures of violence.......

This is what is so crazy about Canada leaning on legal gun owners....I know hundreds of men (and some women) that own and use firearms.......NONE of them ever killed anyone.........

So why lean on me, why steal my valuable property (and theirs) to solve a problem that stems from Jamaican culture in the ghetto of Jane and Finch.......

The answer? Because they have to be seen to do SOMETHING!

Idiots!

Avro
No Party Affiliation
I own two guns, never palnned on doing a drive by at all.

Face facts certain cultures cause problems if the law lets them.

talloola
No Party Affiliation
There are many reasons why people commit crimes, but I certainly hope that Canada
doesn't ever stoop to the low level of the u.s. when it comes to owning hand guns,
and other guns as well.

I'm sure all of those loose women were having their babies from 'such nice clean living men', right? It takes two to make a baby, and one, to run off and leave the other alone
and pregnant, then, again make another pregnant, and again, run off, and on and on,
ho hum, those poor poor nice men, how sad for them.

I know that most of the guns carried illegally come in from the u.s., but lets keep it that
way, as two wrongs don't make a right, so, keep them out of our stores forever.

I remember Charleton Heston holding his rifle up and spouting those words, 'out of my
cold dead hands', well, hope they did it before he became stiff.
Just an actor in another role, all of which were pretend, and bringing him a very large
paycheque.

If the forefathers could come back and see our world now, they would take that u.s.
constitution and quickly change that statement, 'a right to bear arms', as it has become
a dangerous statement in this day, but used over and over for an excuse.

Avro
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by talloola View Post

There are many reasons why people commit crimes, but I certainly hope that Canada
doesn't ever stoop to the low level of the u.s. when it comes to owning hand guns,
and other guns as well.

I'm sure all of those loose women were having their babies from 'such nice clean living men', right? It takes two to make a baby, and one, to run off and leave the other alone
and pregnant, then, again make another pregnant, and again, run off, and on and on,

I know that most of the guns carried illegally come in from the u.s., but lets keep it that

I remember Charleton Heston holding his rifle up and spouting those words, 'out of my
Just an actor in another role, all of which were pretend, and bringing him a very large
paycheque.

If the forefathers could come back and see our world now, they would take that u.s.
constitution and quickly change that statement, 'a right to bear arms', as it has become

Still dosen't explain why gun loving Swizerland has no problems, only save the fact that the ethnic makeup is a tad different.

Not to mention gun control in the U.K. has been a complete failure.

Avro
No Party Affiliation

and other guns as well.

paycheque.

They don't seem to have the same problems in gun loving Swizerland now do they.

But they do have a differnet ethnic make up there.

Gun control has not been a success in the U.K. no matter what any liberal has told you.

A gun never killed anyone on it's own you know, somebody had to pull the trigger.
Last edited by Avro; Apr 14th, 2008 at 05:35 PM..

Colpy
Conservative

and other guns as well.

paycheque.

The murder rate in the USA is not that high, when compared to the rest of the world......take Jamaica, where guns are banned completely, and you can get life for simple possession of a bullet.....no gun required. The murder rate there is six times that in the USA.

Where in Hell did you see me blame the mothers for their fatherless sons? Although it must be said they are certainly responsible......why are they screwing these losers without birth control? Nonetheless,. kids are fatherless because the fathers are scum.....

So, I should not be allowed to have guns that have been in my family for generations.....I should not be able to enjoy the sport and target shooting disciplines I was brought up with, I should be rendered defenseless, and my ancient right to keep arms should be denied me.......because it offends your tender sensibilities? That can be the ONLY reason......because you can not demonstrate that my ownership of guns threatens you in any way.

Do you understand the meaning of liberty? The guys that wrote the US Constitution did, and I dare say the Second Amendment would stay could they reconsider......second only to the right to free speech and assembly.

BTW, I believe Mr. Heston was paid one dollar a year as President of the NRA.........he just had a long and very honourable history of defending unpopular civil rights.......

MikeyDB
Colpy

People who won't think for themselves require and demand "leadership"... unfortunately that leadership has nothing to do with common sense...

Off to the range...

Have a good one Bob!

Avro
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

The murder rate in the USA is not that high, when compared to the rest of the world......take Jamaica, where guns are banned completely, and you can get life for simple possession of a bullet.....no gun required. The murder rate there is six times that in the USA.

Gee I wonder why it is six times the U.S.

I think we all secretly know but won't say.