It was mostly Clinton's fault!

unclepercy
How Clinton Left Ticking Terror Time Bombs For Bush To Discover

As Bill Clinton left office in January 2001, America was outraged by his final insult to the integrity of his office-the pardons he granted to the rich, corrupt, and underserving. But only months later we learned of his final, horrific insult to us-that he had bequeathed to George W. Bush three ticking time bombs that would shortly explode: al Qaeda, Iraq, and North Korea.

How much did he know? Everything he needed to. Al Qaeda was no unknown force to Bill Clinton: The terrorist group had struck the United States repeatedly on his watch, bombing the World Trade Center, the U.S.S. Cole, two U.S. military barracks in Saudi Arabia, and our embassies in Africa. Iraq had kicked out U.N. weapons inspectors, and it was diverting most of the $2 billion per year it was getting in oil money to buy and develop arms. And American intelligence had found that North Korea was secretly building nuclear weapons in vast, under-ground caverns, violating a commitment it made to Clinton in 1994.

Clinton knew where all three time bombs lay. But Clinton had done little to catch al Qaeda; he'd done nothing to rein in Iraq; and he had actively covered for North Korea as it violated its treaty commitments.

On the war on terror, Clinton was an utter and total failure. His record of inaction is bad enough, but his inability to grasp the dimensions of the issue, as I witnessed it in our conversations, was worse. In our time this may have become a trite phrase, but there's simply no other way to put it: He just didn't get it.

Clinton knew every statistic, argument, and nuance of the issues he had made his own-welfare reform, deficit reduction, student performance, Head Start availability, crime, export promotion, and so on. But on terrorism, during his first term-the period I witnessed firsthand-he knew little and cared less.

All our terrorist problems were born during the Clinton years.

Full article:
http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/r...?ArtNum=106130

Uncle

peapod
Its that all you do is pass the buck! Why don't you get this!!! Look at gobal polls! no one is buying this bunk anymore. The US government is not a civilising force, it is a group of hypocrites who's only interests are greed and money and their own interests.
The hypocrisy is nothing new. Who said this:
"Our goal instead is to help others find their own voice, attain their own freedom and make their own way"

Imagine that hyporcrite was talking about boliva and its peasants fighting oil hikes, globalisation. None other than lil chimp (dubya)
This more than anything is why the american goverment is despised more every day...blantant hypocrites.

Your government has no right to take a moral stand on anything, they have brought nothing but misery, and tired to tie it up with a big red bow of so called humanitarian using cookie cutter bombs.

George bush cannot hold a candle to clinton...or should I say...
D'you want a piece of this, again can you believe a sitting president would talk like this...than he does read story books upside down...so its no surprise.

[AFTER A LONG, UNCOMFORTABLE SILENCE]

PRESIDENT-ELECT BUSH: Helluva concussion speech.

VICE PRESIDENT GORE: Thanks.

BUSH: I especially liked that part about how your Dad used to tell you that "defeat can ... let the glory out." Tell me, was that before or after your mother sang you to sleep with the Union Label song?

GORE: Don't get snippy again.

BUSH: Take it easy, Al. I was just yanking your chain. I really did like the speech. I mean, if you'd been that good in the debates, you might have won Florida.

GORE: I did win Florida.

BUSH: Let's not go back there. I already owe Barry Richards half my ranch.

GORE: Y'know, that speech taught me an invaluable lesson. From now on, I'm gonna forget all about focus groups and pollsters and just speak from the heart. In fact, it's given me a terrific idea for a new slogan: :Let Gore Be Gore in 2004!"

BUSH: Oh, so you want another piece of ol' W., do ya? What makes you think the result will be any different next time?

GORE: Well, I figure by then the economy will have crashed and burned thanks to your $1.5-trillion tax cut scheme, and Hillary will have helped abolish the electoral college in favor of the popular vote -- which, last time I looked, I won by 337,576 votes. But who's counting?

BUSH: Nobody. And let's keep it that way. Besides, it won't matter 'cause I'll have packed the Supreme Court with at least a couple of Anthony Scalia clones --

GORE: It's Antonin.

BUSH: Anthony, that's what I said. Anyway, they'll find a way to make voting unconstitutionable.

GORE: I've got news for you: They already have.

BUSH: Well, from what I hear, a lot of guys will be gunning for you if you run. Kerry, Gephardt, Biden. Hell, even your own man Coelho said Clinton's still the top Demo dog.

GORE: It's not like I didn't try and have him neutered during the campaign.

[THEY BOTH CHUCKLE]

BUSH: Nice tan, by the way. Flash Bronzer by Clinique?

GORE: Nah, weekender in St. Thomas.

BUSH: Sweet.

GORE: I'm really gonna miss those freebies on Air Force Two.

[ANOTHER LONG SILENCE]

BUSH: So, uh -- what'd you think of my speech?

GORE: Uh ... well. I heard it wasn't bad. Something about bipartisanship.

BUSH: You mean you didn't watch it?

GORE: I was going to, but we were having this party, and right before you spoke Tom Petty started to jam, then Stevie Wonder and Jon Bon Jovi jumped in ... next thing you know, I was doing the bump with Naomi Campbell while Tipper pounded out a drum solo. I darn near drowned in my own sweat.

BUSH: I used to love a good kegger.

GORE: Listen, George, I was wondering if I could ask you a question -- y'know, man to man, Ivy Leaguer to Ivy Leaguer, standard-bearer to standard-bearer ...

BUSH: Alright, I get it.

GORE: ... privileged scion to privileged scion, baby boomer to --

BUSH: Ask me already!

GORE: I just gotta know. All the stuff that happened in Florida: the phantom felons on the voter rolls, the scrub list from Texas, the crappy voting machines and busy phone lines in African-American precincts, the illegally altered ballot applications in Martin and Seminole counties, the roadblocks, the confusing ballots -- that scary broad with all the makeup. Was it all part of a master plan devised by you, your Dad and Jeb? Please, tell me -- I can take it. Was the fix in?

[LONG PAUSE]

BUSH: I haven't the foggiest, pardner. I'm not exactly in the strategy loop. If you'd like though, I could ask Mr. Baker and get back to you.

GORE: You're not exactly a hands-on chief executive, are you?

BUSH: I'm not uncomfortable delegating authority, if that's what you're asking.

GORE: Is it true they didn't even tell you that Cheney had a heart attack?

BUSH: Cheney had a heart attack?ˇ

GORE: It made all the papers. They gave him an arterial stent -- a procedure that under my Medicare plan would have been covered six months earlier and at a higher payment rate than under yours.

BUSH: I guess I should send him a card.

GORE: It'd be a nice gesture.

BUSH: I'll be perfectly honest with you, there's a lot they don't tell me. For instance, I just heard that this president thing is a full-time job. Did you know that?

GORE: Uh, ye-ah. Being Leader of the Free World is an awesome responsibility.

BUSH: I'm scared. Please hold me ...

#juan
No Party Affiliation
Not entirely Uncle,

Why was it neccesary to bomb the hell out of the infrastructure in Iraq war # 1 to get the Iraqis out of Kuwait. The hardships that bombing caused, along with the U.S. ordered sanctions brought about the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, mostly children. How many terrorists did that create?

Reverend Blair
Actually the Clinton White House tried to pass on intelligence about all of those things, but all the Bushites wanted to hear about was Iraq.

unclepercy
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

Actually the Clinton White House tried to pass on intelligence about all of those things, but all the Bushites wanted to hear about was Iraq.

And where did you hear this? What source?

Uncle

Reverend Blair
Several people have researched and written about it. When the White House was handed off, the Bush regime had no interest in being briefed by Clinton team. The most damning evidence probably came from Richard Clark though.

Said1
Free Thinker
Now the Rev knows I very rarely come to his defense, but I've read this myself. In fact, Powel, Rice and Cheney came to the unanimous conclusion that terrorism wasn't the threat it once was.....(or something to that effect I know I'm lacking in detail here) in order to justify the concentrtion of efforts/money elsewhere. This was a public statement made by them by THEM. I think I read it in the Economist in April/March 2001, 5 months prior to 9/11.

unclepercy

Several people have researched and written about it. When the White House was handed off, the Bush regime had no interest in being briefed by Clinton team. The most damning evidence probably came from Richard Clark though.

I bow to your superior memory. Mine ain't what it used to be.
But that don't mean I forgot everything! I'm glad you could remember Richard Clark's name, because his article was quite insightful. You taught me something today, Rev!

Did you know you lived in north Fort Worth? Tell me, is Winnipeg a lot like Cowtown?

Uncle

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Still blaming Clinton , are ya???

How long will THAT go on??? Might be nice for people to take responsibility for their own actions.......and for people to hold each leader accountable for his actions .......while steering away from the kindergarden blame game.

can just hear it TEN- twenty yrs from now........ those kindergarden types aka the neocons... still blaming Clinton.........as they never grew up enough to take adult responsibility and SEE things clearly. How immature is that???

the perpetual blame game the neocons play is nothing but a cop out........

mrmom2
Kamloops is a cow town uncleprick so what of it .Ya got some thing to say bring it .I like slapping around ignorant Americans

GL Schmitt
If The Fourth Reich should last a billion years, as the sun finally burns out, the great (to Nth Power) grandsons of today’s Neocon spinmeisters will be heard, proclaiming in the dark, It’s all Clinton’s fault.

Nascar_James

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Nascar_James

unclepercy
Quote: Originally Posted by mrmom2

Kamloops is a cow town uncleprick so what of it .Ya got some thing to say bring it .I like slapping around ignorant Americans

Ft. Worth is cowtown, Auntie. If you knew your geography, dearie, you'd know that Winnipeg is due north of Fort
Worth. Can't you take a joke or do I have to post a cartoon?
OK - here's a photo that makes the perfect comment back at ya.

I like slapping back.

Uncle

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by unclepercy

Ft. Worth is cowtown, Auntie. If you knew your geography, dearie, you'd know that Winnipeg is due north of Fort

I like slapping back.

Uncle

well, your graphic speaks volumes ...........and your condescending attitude is insufferable. But then isn't that the neocon style??? No brains, and no class. But BIG MOUTHS. and don't bother to say: Clinton made you do it...

Said1
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by unclepercy

I like slapping back.

Uncle

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

indeed. In fact the bushits hardly paid attention to ANYTHING that the Clinton adm. told them at transition.

Said1
Free Thinker
Unclepercy, why is it "mostly" Clinton's fault?