Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Twin_Moose
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

The echo chamber in operation.
Kinda like Hoid and Tesla.
"Are there any studies on the total environmental effects of production AND operation of electric vs. ICE?"
"This was settled DECADES AGO! Everybody knows!"
"Oh, good. Then I assume you can direct me to such a study quite easily."
"CARBON CREDITS! STOCK PRICE!"
"Um. . . I didn't ask about taxing policy or the stock market. I asked about total environmental effects of production AND operation of electric vs. ICE."
"TESLA! TESLA! MUSK! MUSK! MUSK! ALL HAIL THE SAVIOR!"

1-2% higher pollution in an ICE vehicle

Environmental Impacts of Internal Combustion Engines and Electric Battery Vehicles

Twin_Moose
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Because nobody has ever looked into that.
You are breaking some new ground there.

Here is a thought let the market dictate the fate of ICE vehicles not angry progs. screaming at clouds

Ram Could Electrify Trucks If The Market Wants It

Quote:

Business is business, after all.

Electric pickup trucks – while the idea seems unlikely for some, it's happening. Tesla has its Cybertruck, while Plymouth-based startup Rivian's R1T is on the horizon. Ford has also joined the electrification revolution with the latest F-150, albeit, it's still holding on to its internal-combustion engine that the bestselling truck has been known for. Of course, it's only a matter of time before Ford launches the F-150 EV, which could come in the next year or so.

In line with this, another truckmaker has announced the possibility of going electric, and it's going to be Ram. As reported by The Detroit News, FCA CEO Mike Manley said that the company could electrify Ram trucks if they face more decrease in total market share.

On an earnings call and as reported by The Detroit News, Manley said that the reason why FCA isn't talking about electric pickup trucks much is because of the company's different view of timing and adoption rates, especially in North America.

"The reason we haven’t spoken much about electric pickup trucks is not because we view that market as nonexistent," Manley said.

"We haven’t revealed everything. But obviously pickup trucks are a key franchise for us, and we’re not going to sit on the sidelines if there is a danger that our position gets diluted going forward," he added.

For Now, We're Expecting The Rebel TRX To Fight Its Way To Ram's Increased Market Share:

2021 Ram Rebel TRX Spied Cruising In High-Horsepower Convoy
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel TRX Grille Exposed In New Spy Shots
FCA has shown its intent in electrification with its Jeep brand, particularly in the introduction of plug-in hybrid models of the Wrangler, Renegade, and Compass.

Beyond electrification, though, there's Ram pickup worth waiting for and that would be the Rebel TRX, which is set to debut this quarter. This could increase Ram's share in the pickup truck segment, which could further push back the brand's electrification. But then again, only time can tell.

Hoid
My theory: the righties don't like woman

petros
+2
How does that work?

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

1-2% higher pollution in an ICE vehicle
Environmental Impacts of Internal Combustion Engines and Electric Battery Vehicles

THANK you! I'll look it over.

Tecumsehsbones

Here is a thought let the market dictate the fate of ICE vehicles not angry progs. screaming at clouds

That'll happen no matter what.

I would point out that "progs screaming at clouds" is part of the market in action.

Just as cons religiously defending the status quo against any innovation without regard to its implications is part of the market in action.

I think the future looks great. I'm of the opinion that future generations will have a mix of energy sources in their vehicles, just as they have a mix of energy sources in their electric power now, and the only effect the current screaming will have is to bore kids witless in history class, much as the fiery debate in the U.S. in the 1800s over free coinage of silver, a debate which stirred passions to the point where people killed each other over it, is nothing but a tedious distraction from the critical matter of whether Susie likes Bobby today.

Not that the market is always right, mind. Beta was a much better video technology than VHS by any rational measure: resource use, video and audio quality, you name it. But the Beta people followed a vertical marketing strategy whilst the VHS people followed a horizontal marketing strategy, and VHS won. C'est la guerre. They both ultimately lost to DVD, and nowadays, to streaming.

Dixie Cup
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Or maybe she is everything people need and it's people like you that need to be 'voted out'.

Do you hear yourself? Do you actually listen to what she says? Most of what she says is crap and you have to know it. You're just pulling my "finger" - figuratively.

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

Do you hear yourself? Do you actually listen to what she says? Most of what she says is crap and you have to know it. You're just pulling my "finger" - figuratively.

Actually, no, she's not.

Tecumsehsbones

Technical correction: Most of what she says that comes to your attention is "crap."

I imagine that, as a Congresscritter, most of what she says in the course of her duties is dry as dust.

Dixie Cup
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Actually, no, she's not.

Then that's too bad. She needs to do more research on this woman because she is NOT good news. Same as Ohmer & her ilk as well. True blue Marxists. They know better than everyone else what should happen to society it seems. Doesn't matter that it's never worked out for any country trying to control its citizens because that's exactly what she wants to do.

But if Sarah wants someone else to make decisions on her behalf, then I suppose she'd support an AOC. Each to his/her own I suppose.

My opinions on AOC are my own which I have arrived at by listening to her stupidity - she has no common sense whatsoever. But hey, I'm just one of millions of people who are (still) allowed to voice our opinions. Under an AOC you wouldn't be allowed to - take FB & Twitter - (please take them). They're already censoring opinions like mine and others because they don't want to hear any of them because they know better than you or I. Actually, they don't give a rats ass about anyone's opinions but their own.

gerryh

Then that's too bad. She needs to do more research on this woman because she is NOT good news. Same as Ohmer & her ilk as well. True blue Marxists. They know better than everyone else what should happen to society it seems. Doesn't matter that it's never worked out for any country trying to control its citizens because that's exactly what she wants to do.
But if Sarah wants someone else to make decisions on her behalf, then I suppose she'd support an AOC. Each to his/her own I suppose.
My opinions on AOC are my own which I have arrived at by listening to her stupidity - she has no common sense whatsoever. But hey, I'm just one of millions of people who are (still) allowed to voice our opinions. Under an AOC you wouldn't be allowed to - take FB & Twitter - (please take them). They're already censoring opinions like mine and others because they don't want to hear any of them because they know better than you or I. Actually, they don't give a rats ass about anyone's opinions but their own.

So, you're american? I thought you were canadian.

petros
+2

I would point out that "progs screaming at clouds" is part of the market in action.

People who can never afford vehicles that rely on transit and bicycles because they choose to live in expensive, trendy neighborhoods?

Those people are market drivers?

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

People who can never afford vehicles that rely on transit and bicycles because they choose to live in expensive, trendy neighborhoods?
Those people are market drivers?

Everybody is a market driver.

Twin_Moose
+2

Just as cons religiously defending the status quo against any innovation without regard to its implications is part of the market in action.
I think the future looks great. I'm of the opinion that future generations will have a mix of energy sources in their vehicles, just as they have a mix of energy sources in their electric power now, and the only effect the current screaming will have is to bore kids witless in history class, much as the fiery debate in the U.S. in the 1800s over free coinage of silver, a debate which stirred passions to the point where people killed each other over it, is nothing but a tedious distraction from the critical matter of whether Susie likes Bobby today.
Not that the market is always right, mind. Beta was a much better video technology than VHS by any rational measure: resource use, video and audio quality, you name it. But the Beta people followed a vertical marketing strategy whilst the VHS people followed a horizontal marketing strategy, and VHS won. C'est la guerre. They both ultimately lost to DVD, and nowadays, to streaming.

Absolutely, and it should be a natural transition as better products come out and become mainstream. When a force is applied to change or speed up transition of a product, it better be on par or better than the technology it is trying to replace IMO. Is Battery powered vehicles a superior product to ICE at this time? No, but external forces are bullying the market place to see it as such, the technology is not ready to naturally take over a market with an on par or superior product at this time.

Tecumsehsbones
+2

Absolutely, and it should be a natural transition as better products come out and become mainstream. When a force is applied to change or speed up transition of a product, it better be on par or better than the technology it is trying to replace IMO. Is Battery powered vehicles a superior product to ICE at this time? No, but external forces are bullying the market place to see it as such, the technology is not ready to naturally take over a market with an on par or superior product at this time.

And I'm sure you will agree with me that the government picking winners and losers and intervening to make that happen is always a bad idea, and on the rare occasions when it produces a good outcome, that's purely accidental.

I do a lot of work with the Federal Communications Commission. I like their approach over the last 20 years or so. They've moved from a model of "each spectrum block assigned to a particular radio service, technical and usage rules established, and if you want a license, you will abide by those rules" to a model of "we'll auction off this spectrum block, set conditions at the edges and within the block to prevent harmful interference, and then what you do with it is up to your business and technical judgment." I would suggest that this "hands-off" attitude has been instrumental in the explosion of telecommunications and information technology and economy.

Serryah
+1 / -1

I'm pointing out that there are those who obviously like what she's supportive of and thus are voting her 'type' in while kicking the other side of her views to the effin' street, (and to quote Trump) bigly.

That's all I was saying.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Actually, no, she's not.

No, I wasn't, but that doesn't mean I absolutely support AOC, either.

But I won't go all hateful byatch on her like Barbie Cup here.

Hoid

THANK you! I'll look it over.

When you get to the bottom of it make sure to tell Ford and GM and all the other automakers because they are paying billions of dollars in carbon taxes without knowing why.

Apparently

Tecumsehsbones
+2

When you get to the bottom of it make sure to tell Ford and GM and all the other automakers because they are paying billions of dollars in carbon taxes without knowing why.
Apparently

Interesting that Twin Moose provided what you're incapable of providing.

Hoid
Amazing that anyone would wait until 2020 to find out what people have know for decades.

Then again you have your nose in those law books 24/7

Girth
+1

How can anyone not dig a chick who knows how to get down on the dance floor?

Tecumsehsbones

Amazing that anyone would wait until 2020 to find out what people have know for decades.

Love your reliance on argumentum ad populam.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

How can anyone not dig a chick who knows how to get down on the dance floor?

Bet she's never been caught in blackface.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

How does that work?

Like all his delusions.

taxslave
+4

Interesting that Twin Moose provided what you're incapable of providing.

His wife said the same thing.

taxslave
+1

People have known for well over 100 years that electric vehicles just don't cut it. That is why they require huge taxpayer subsidies just to get anyone to buy them.

pgs
+1

But the technology is improving and more manufacturers are producing reliable affordable commuter vehicles .

Dixie Cup
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

I'm pointing out that there are those who obviously like what she's supportive of and thus are voting her 'type' in while kicking the other side of her views to the effin' street, (and to quote Trump) bigly.
That's all I was saying.
No, I wasn't, but that doesn't mean I absolutely support AOC, either.
But I won't go all hateful byatch on her like Barbie Cup here.

And what have I said that is so hateful? I don't agree with her is that it? Since you stated here that you don't necessarily agree with her views does that make you hateful as well? Wow - so not opinions are hateful. How progressive is that? May I suggest that is "regressive?"

Dixie Cup
+1
That should have read "so "now" opinions are hateful.

Hoid
+1
Maybe it was calling her an idiot etc.

Serryah

And what have I said that is so hateful? I don't agree with her is that it? Since you stated here that you don't necessarily agree with her views does that make you hateful as well? Wow - so not opinions are hateful. How progressive is that? May I suggest that is "regressive?"

It's not that you don't agree with her. I don't agree with all she does, as I said.

But I leave it at that.

You on the other hand have said that "most of what she says is crap", without listing any specifics of what she said or why you think it's crap.

You called her a Marxist which I hope you have proof of because honestly I don't see it.

You accuse her of trying to control citizens; don't see that either.

I won't go on since I'm sure even you are smart enough to catch my meaning.

You don't just 'disagree' with her, you hate her.

JMHO, of course.