WE really need to get rid of this guy


Hoid
#151
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Telford won't disclose emails and other communications regarding this scandal without advice of a lawyer.

The liberal mantra appears to be............yeah well you know this program didn't exactly 'roll out' the way we wanted it to but not too worry nothing to see here. We interpret the code of ethics according to our own needs that actually have nothing to do with ethics and everything to do with trying to get away with whatever we can whenever we want. In addition, our understanding of 'due diligence' is about as deep as a petri dish.

Not to worry
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+3
#152
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

I do believe Thomas will give this piece of work a big fail too because she is not doing well at all.
WE continued to be paid for expenses even as the PM was saying he had 'pushed back' on committing to WE. In other words, they had yet to have approval to administer the program but the government was reimbursing them anyway. I can smell the stench from here.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Maybe you shouldn't live in a shit hole.

She is trying not to. I am assuming that she did not vote for the Liberal party in the last election or two in her effort to not live in a shit hole as you so put it.
Iím still at work and I just popped out for a quick cigarette before I wind up things for the day. Iím looking very forward to having the time to watch the testimony from both of these two this afternoon when time permits sometime in the next couple days. Until then Iíll be forced to just watch the little clips until perhaps the weekend. Sounds like I missed one hell of a comedy (or is that tragedy) with the showing today. Oh well.
 
Mowich
Conservative
+3
#153
If the 'students' want to have the experiences that Telford glowingly talks about, they can get off their duffs and start in their own backyards for volunteer positions............if volunteering is really what this about. I am quite sure that there are numerous community organizations who would welcome the help.
 
Hoid
#154
you missed a typical partisan parliamentary committee meeting.

Nothing got done but everyone gets paid.
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2
#155
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Yeah, let's all pretend that the Office doesn't have several direct ancestors that predate this legislation, and its origins can be traced back to the 1970s.

Actually I believe that Bennett (That would be in the late 30s or early 40s?) Went in front of equivalent of a panel like the ethics committee.... I canít remember the details offhand but I think it had something to do with his family getting cash that it shouldnít have and this is during the great depression.... iím sure somebody with a bit of time can Google and pop that kernel of info up.
 
Hoid
#156
Wasn't john A MacDonald forced out of office over the railway scandal?

Yep.
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2
#157
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

So according to Katie, neither the PM nor his Finance Minister were in a conflict of interest.............but she supports both of them saying, in hindsight, that they should have recused themselves.
Holy Shit...............the PSC actually came out with a statement that completely refutes what Telford is saying and what the PM said about the PSC. The public servants indicated that they could administer the program.

Holy Cow!! Very much looking forward to reading through that in the next couple days. It will be enlightening...
 
Mowich
Conservative
+2
#158
Besides lack of due diligence by the entire government no less, there is the fact that the program was already in progress BEFORE it had government approval and there are documents to prove that.
 
Hoid
#159
The first rule of Canadian government is that nothing ever gets done.

Trying to bypass that rule is folly.
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2
#160
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Wasn't john A MacDonald forced out of office over the railway scandal?
Yep.

I didnít realize he was forced out of office but I understood that he was not a real ethical character in stating things in the most positive light that I can. I had read that Bennett did go in front of something quite similar to the ethics committee though.
John a McDonald was quite the piece of work and his own right from what I understand and I donít mean that in a nice way....
 
Mowich
Conservative
+1
#161
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Holy Cow!! Very much looking forward to reading through that in the next couple days. It will be enlightening...

It has been highly entertaining Ron.........getting to watch those two squirming in their chairs, ducking questions, repeating the liberal mantra ad nauseam while doing their level best not to dig themselves into an even deeper hole and doing an extremely poor job of it. Thomas Mulcair is just rocking his comments on today's debacle.
 
Mowich
Conservative
+1
#162
Don't be surprised to hear that Billy Morneau resigns.........he's the sacrificial goat for this scandal.
 
Hoid
#163
You know when the accusations start to flow around due diligence that they are giving up on the ridiculous concept that Trudeau was influenced by money paid to his mommy.
 
Mowich
Conservative
+1
#164
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

Actually I believe that Bennett (That would be in the late 30s or early 40s?) Went in front of equivalent of a panel like the ethics committee.... I can’t remember the details offhand but I think it had something to do with his family getting cash that it shouldn’t have and this is during the great depression.... i’m sure somebody with a bit of time can Google and pop that kernel of info up.

Haven't dug up any info on an ethics panel yet but I did find out that he is responsible for the establishment of the cbc as a public broadcaster.

All I could find was the hint of a scandal involving paybacks brought forward in a book written in 2001. A few years after his defeat to King in the 1935 election, Bennett fled to England where he purchased an estate where in due time his pals got him a viscountcy.
 
Mowich
Conservative
+1
#165
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

I didnít realize he was forced out of office but I understood that he was not a real ethical character in stating things in the most positive light that I can. I had read that Bennett did go in front of something quite similar to the ethics committee though.
John a McDonald was quite the piece of work and his own right from what I understand and I donít mean that in a nice way....

I have a good chuckle every time I hear about how the HoC could be much more decorous - remembering the accounts I've read about what used to go on there in John A's time - heck they used to have drunken brawls on the floor. At the least the gallery got entertained.
 
Mowich
Conservative
+1
#166
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

She is trying not to. I am assuming that she did not vote for the Liberal party in the last election or two in her effort to not live in a shit hole as you so put it.
Iím still at work and I just popped out for a quick cigarette before I wind up things for the day. Iím looking very forward to having the time to watch the testimony from both of these two this afternoon when time permits sometime in the next couple days. Until then Iíll be forced to just watch the little clips until perhaps the weekend. Sounds like I missed one hell of a comedy (or is that tragedy) with the showing today. Oh well.


I have had hoid on ignore for months now Ron - I haven't the time to waste on uneducated people who lack the ability to think for themselves and thus support governments that are all to willing to do just that.


Anywhoo, what is this shit hole business about, if you don't mind telling me.
 
Hoid
+1
#167
Andrew Scheer:

"We gave Trudeau a massive platform to get his message out to hundreds of thousands of young Canadians - they never gave one to me"

Well, I think the truth is starting to come out,
Last edited by Hoid; Jul 30th, 2020 at 06:50 PM..
 
Hoid
+1
#168
^ but its always nice to get a lecture in ethics from a guy who lied about being an insurance broker in order to get elected.

I guess that's ok
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#169
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

^ but its always nice to get a lecture in ethics from a guy who lied about being an insurance broker in order to get elected.

I guess that's ok

You have a whole lot more patience with conservative than I do. I just put them all on ignore cuz they make no sense.
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2
#170
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

I have had hoid on ignore for months now Ron - I haven't the time to waste on uneducated people who lack the ability to think for themselves and thus support governments that are all to willing to do just that.

Anywhoo, what is this shit hole business about, if you don't mind telling me.

Sorry. Had no idea. This is what I was responding to:
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

I do believe Thomas will give this piece of work a big fail too because she is not doing well at all.

WE continued to be paid for expenses even as the PM was saying he had 'pushed back' on committing to WE. In other words, they had yet to have approval to administer the program but the government was reimbursing them anyway. I can smell the stench from here.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Maybe you shouldn't live in a shit hole.

Anyhow, I've a bit of a time window before supper and have read one story on this (I started with the Liberal Cheerleaders at the CBC 'cuz they're usually like the PM's Fluffer (this PM anyway http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fluffer ), and then thought I'd dig deeper when time permitted (maybe the weekend?).

Here's the CBC take on this: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trud...heer-1.5668889
and there's only two video clips embedded in that story. First was just a scripted Trudeau Monologue:


This was followed a few inches lower in the story with the following clip (& this is from the CBC even ) where PM Trudeau is actually asked direct questions where he gives Non-Answers and then they try to postpone the meeting due to a supposed power failure somewhere but when that doesn't work suddenly Wayne Easter's power comes back on, etc....It's an interesting display of slippery greasiness and deflection while trying to run out the clock with non-answers and diatribe. it's worth a watch at the above CBC LINK:
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+3
#171
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

^ but its always nice to get a lecture in ethics from a guy who lied about being an insurance broker in order to get elected.

I guess that's ok

Actually, this is the quote from Andrew Sheer. He said that he did receive his accreditation under the Canadian credit insurance broker program, but noted that he ďleft the insurance office before the licensing process was finalized

ďAs I said I received my accreditation under the Canadian credit insurance broker program,Ē Scheer said, ďAnd in this particular office the licensed brokers finalized all the transactions.Ē Would you like a Link?

Anyhow, Andrew Scheer isn't on the Finance Committee, nor was he involved in this WE mess as a member of the Party that formed the Government in 2019, nor to the best of the information out there has he accepted "Complimentary Vacations" from this WE Entity before awarding them a $900,000,000+ sole source contract, nor has his Family been paid for the use of the Scheer Surname in speaking engagements in the time that Justin Trudeau has been the PM, nor is he being investigated by the Ethics Commissioner not once or twice (with two convictions) but three times so far. Good try though, & Scheer is voluntarily stepping down once the Conservatives select someone to replace him.

With all the filth & stink being exposed around this sole source contract, this is what you see as significant to the current situation?
 
Hoid
+1 / -1
#172
Actually he misrepresented himself as an insurance broker because he has very little work experience and has never really been anything other than a politician.

He was also revealed as a us citizen during the election, said he had already started the process of renouncing that citizenship but was revealed to have done no such thing and said he didn't do it because he lost.

OK.

It wouldn't be germane except that he was on national television pontificating about how morally deficient the Prime Minister is.

The fact that he is the leader of the conservatives illustrates why we have a liberal government,.
 
Hoid
#173
During the never-ending coverage I only heard one person mention that they were sorry that the whole thing had resulted in students missing out on the opportunities they were supposed to be offered.

That person was Trudeau.
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2
#174
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

During the never-ending coverage I only heard one person mention that they were sorry that the whole thing had resulted in students missing out on the opportunities they were supposed to be offered.

That person was Trudeau.

So what's he doing about it? How's he going to get $$$ out to students by your deadline of Friday?
 
Hoid
#175
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

So what's he doing about it? How's he going to get $$$ out to students by your deadline of Friday?

He isn't. And it really isn't about money for students - its about money for businesses to hire students.

The summer is almost over so that ship has sailed - but on the plus side a bunch of opposition back benchers with nothing to do can get some face time and make themselves looks like assholes on tv.
 
Hoid
#176


This guy has proven to be the biggest douche in a group that includes Micheal Cooper.

No small feat
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+3
#177
That's your reality? The corruption and graft and entitlement and lack of over-site are a nothing, and the ones that called them on it are the villains? That's pretty twisted man. Transfer the 900 million plus to the provinces, and have them spread it out to the students with existing in place programs at the provincial levels with time in lieu owed in future donated volunteer hours to charities of the student's choices be it the local Red Cross or their local animal shelter, etc...& make the best of a bad situation quickly.
 
Hoid
#178
Corruption graft and entitlement of trying to get money to students during a pandemic.

Grow up
 
Hoid
#179
BTW Trudeau is talking $19 billion for the provinces for the safe restart.
 
Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+2
#180
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

BTW Trudeau is talking $19 billion for the provinces for the safe restart.

Good, & at this point nobody is questioning that over graft & corruption so I'm going to assume that's another deflection & sidetrack on your part. That's not what is at question here. It's irrelevant to this situation.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Corruption graft and entitlement of trying to get money to students during a pandemic.

Grow up

Corruption, graft and entitlement while trying to get money to students during a pandemic. Perhaps without the shenanigans and with some due diligence and this program might have been successful. Utilizing the same systems in place that have distributed Hundreds of Billions of funds during COVID 19 already instead of a shell company entity with no assets or experience distributing Gov't funds starting in May of 2020 would have been successful.

Grow up indeed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1W-wBkY0JM

Breakdown of the testimony by WE Charity founders Marc and Craig Kielberger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0IBWZG2-xs

Jagmeet Singh on WE controversy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sObiC4oObMs

Tom Mulcair about Morneau sleeziness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvFg0xVGh40

Trudeau throwing the public service under the bus a week before his testimony today where both Trudeau & Telford continue throwing the public service under the bus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2Qf0bmANc

Looking forward to seeing the Public Service Canada response to this.