Breaking : Cdn news

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

I have have lived in Alberta for most of the last 15 years, and I have never seen anyone wear shirts like that. You act if they are massively popular in Calgary. You barely even lived there for three years. Obviously you did not get outside much. Did you just randomly put those words into a search engine, or come across one single person wearing that slogan?

These are the actual shirts you saw people wearing.

Don't be silly.......the T shirsts were available during the boom....... eighties.......etc. I got one from a friend in Lethbridge.
Last edited by Ocean Breeze; Dec 5th, 2019 at 10:03 PM..

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Mowich
Conservative
+2

That is unfair question to ask OB or any of the other haters. They can't admit the truth, that they are jealous of the success in oil rich Canadian provinces, and feel threatened by them.

I doubt jealousy has much to do with it, Girth. If there was any prior to the pipeline debacle, there is absolutely no reason for it now. It is as if they look at AB as an entity devoid of inhabitants. They speak of AB not of its people. Yet it is the people who are in dire straits. It is the people just like themselves who are in need of assistance. These are fellow Canadians fps.

Mowich
Conservative
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Western separatists are traitors that should be arrested for sedition.

Oh fps,CC................do get over yourself already. I must have missed the post where you wrote the same thing about the Bloc Quebecois party.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

I doubt jealousy has much to do with it, Girth. If there was any prior to the pipeline debacle, there is absolutely no reason for it now. It is as if they look at AB as an entity devoid of inhabitants. They speak of AB not of its people. Yet it is the people who are in dire straits. It is the people just like themselves who are in need of assistance. These are fellow Canadians fps.

wHO exactly "hate" Alberta?? That is such a divisive term.(hate)...........and inflammatory. There are differences between all provinces.and some are rather testy...........but if folks really want to.......they can work things out. If they prolong their issues , they might come to a time where they HAVE to work things out.........as there is a bigger scenario than just the individual provinces. The question is: to find the point where the parties are truly motivated to work things out.

If the current generation is not aware of what the boom era was like........they might want to do a bit of research. Alberta could have been way ahead in developing clean energy..........as they sure had the money then. Many could have been employed in energy of the future by now.

Mowich
Conservative
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Coming from a master hypocrite...........it is rich.

but he did add......that Trudeau is a nice guy.

So he neutralised his own critic ism.

the REALLY crazy thing is that Biden is using that video in his campaign now The FACT is that other leaders do not like Trump...........and for good reason. He is not likeable and does not play nice with others. and does not comport himself in the way that leaders are expected to do. Being ridiculous is not being different / or effective.

Yeah........that Joe............crazy like a fox.

Mowich
Conservative
+1

The question is: when Alberta was riding high under the blue eyed shriek.........why did it not make plans for alternate energy ............and gradually get off oil dependency ?

Woulda, shoulda, couldas don't change or help the current situation.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

Yeah........that Joe............crazy like a fox.

spot on !! Could not believe how FAST he had that video out for public consumption. It had barely made the news.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

Woulda, shoulda, couldas don't change or help the current situation.

Of course, you are right about that. But we must learn from history........

Girth
+1

Don't be silly.......the T shirsts were available during the boom....... eighties.......etc. I got one from a friend in Lethbridge.

I moved there in 2005. I was a child in the 80s.
You found a t-shirt nearly 40 years ago that you found represented Alberta arrogance. Do you still have your Duran Duran cassette tapes?
Last edited by Girth; Dec 5th, 2019 at 11:28 PM..

pgs
Free Thinker

Geez, OB..........get a frickin' grip.............please. I don't know a single major Canadian city that is not Americanized to some extent or another. American culture flooded Canada long ago.

Ask any Canadian what their favorite TV program is and I will bet you dollars to donuts that it won't be the new 'woke' version of Anne of Green Gables...........it will more likely be an American reality show or what passes for American comedy/drama these days.

Please explain is some detail exactly what you mean by 'Trumpian tactics'. I ask this as the man has been so all over the map with his ideas, comments, decisions, and general behavior that I doubt he even knows how to spell the word let alone employ any.

If you feel the need to hate on AB at least use facts that back up your opinion. Please.

Come now , I have never been so upset, since they cancelled Little Mosque on the Prairie .

pgs
Free Thinker
+3

Moody’s downgrades Alberta’s credit rating over weak economy reliant on oil | Financial Post
http://business.financialpost.com/ne...s-weak-economy

The one industry town is in trouble, again .... boom ..."Man, are we ever good!" ... bust ... We're VICTIMS of those goddam Easterners!" ... boom ... " We're the smartest! We're the greatest! Everyone East of Manitoba is a lazy, shiftless bum!" ... bust ... "We're going to separate because those goddam Easterners won't let us run the country! It ain't democratic just 'cause there's so many of them!"

Good you won’t miss them when they have gone .

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

You found a t-shirt nearly 40 years ago that you found represented Alberta arrogance. Do you still have your Duran Duran cassette tapes?

ok.....then you did not live through the alberta Boom.........or Peter Lougheed.(sp_Who was called the Blue eyed shiek. Alberta was rich, and really booming. .........those were Alberta's glory days. It just didn't plan for uncertainties of the future.nor the changes that were to come. It became too oil dependant......for its economy etc. As a sage will tell you ....nothing lasts forever.Now it must find new ways ......and adapt to the changes that have taken place.

Did not find that t shirt ......It was sent to me from a friend in Lethbridge.

oh.......I will chalk up your cheekiness to immaturity and youth.
Last edited by Ocean Breeze; Dec 5th, 2019 at 11:51 PM..

Girth

ok.....then you did not live through the alberta Boom.........or Peter Lougheed.(sp_Who was called the Blue eyed shiek. Alberta was rich, and really booming. .........those were Alberta's glory days. It just didn't plan for uncertainties of the future.nor the changes that were to come. It became too oil dependant......for its economy etc. As a sage will tell you ....nothing lasts forever.Now it must find new ways ......and adapt to the changes that have taken place.

Peter Lougheed was before my time. When you mention "Blue eyed sheikh," I had assumed you were referring to Ralph Klein.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation

Oh fps,CC................do get over yourself already. I must have missed the post where you wrote the same thing about the Bloc Quebecois party.

No, the Block is no threat to Canada. They are a toothless dog that can only bark. I don't expect any loyalty to country from them, anyway.

It's interesting. We have cyclical downturns in the manufacturing-rich East from time to time some quite deep. How do Westerners respond when that happens in the East but you're flush with cash? "They're lazy bums. They're backwards and stupid. It's our money! Why should we share it with stupid, lazy bums?" So, when it's reversed and there is less value in pumping money out of the ground than using human creativity .... well ..."We're VICTIMS! They owe us! Give us your political power or we leave you in the dark to freeze!"

Get over yourselves.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+1

Your relative age explains a lot about why you are so poorly informed .... and ill mannered.

Girth

It's interesting. We have cyclical downturns in the manufacturing-rich East from time to time some quite deep. How do Westerners respond when that happens in the East but you're flush with cash? "They're lazy bums. They're backwards and stupid. It's our money! Why should we share it with stupid, lazy bums?" So, when it's reversed and there is less value in pumping money out of the ground than using human creativity .... well ..."We're VICTIMS! They owe us! Give us your political power or we leave you in the dark to freeze!"
Get over yourselves.

This is what CC's family in the West told him at the last reunion, after he tried to hit them up for money due to his unsuccessful investment portfolio. It was the last draw. They cut ties with him. CC has hated the West ever since.

pgs
Free Thinker
+2

No, the Block is no threat to Canada. They are a toothless dog that can only bark. I don't expect any loyalty to country from them, anyway.

Get over yourselves.

You just refuse to see what is in front of your face . This is not about a downturn in the economy . I

pgs
Free Thinker
+2

Your relative age explains a lot about why you are so poorly informed .... and ill mannered.

And you are the epitome of decorum.

petros
+3

Moody’s downgrades Alberta’s credit rating over weak economy reliant on oil | Financial Post
http://business.financialpost.com/ne...s-weak-economy
The one industry town is in trouble, again .... boom ..."Man, are we ever good!" ... bust ... We're VICTIMS of those goddam Easterners!" ... boom ... " We're the smartest! We're the greatest! Everyone East of Manitoba is a lazy, shiftless bum!" ... bust ... "We're going to separate because those goddam Easterners won't let us run the country! It ain't democratic just 'cause there's so many of them!"

TORONTO - Bond rating agency Moody's has downgraded the province of Ontario's credit rating.

The agency announced the downgrade from Aa3 to Aa2 today, citing the province's $14.5-billion deficit in 2018-2019 and projections that it will continue to post deficits in the coming years.

Moody's says the combination of increased debt and slow revenue growth will result in a faster than previously anticipated increase of the province's debt burden.

The agency says the province will be subject to greater impact of interest rates increases, which it projects to jump over the next three to five years.

Finance Minister Vic Fedeli blamed the previous Liberal government for the creating the circumstances that have led to the credit downgrade.

But Moody's also says that actions taken by the current government to reduce revenue levels will add to the budgetary pressures facing the province.

Those American wannabes down in Canada's penis need to change their one horse auto parts economy into a diverse portfolio.
Last edited by petros; Dec 6th, 2019 at 09:14 AM..

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2

Did not find that t shirt ......It was sent to me from a friend in Lethbridge.
oh.......I will chalk up your cheekiness to immaturity and youth.

They had to invest a lot into infrastructure to keep up with demand from the boom, pre boom they had the lowest paved roads per capita and nothing to handle the heavy loads that were in demand to support the industry paying their and much of Canada's bills. Imagine if you will if they were able to keep all their money they handed over for Big potato's equalization payments. Alberta was the first province to build a wind farm in Canada, other than that what other Green technology was there to invest in during the boom?

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+3

Get over yourselves.

So when they were car bombing and marching in the streets they were just a toothless dog and misunderstood? The West is verbally complaining and they are treasonous? OK gotcha carry on.

When the East was in their down turns where did they look to get jobs? NFLD?

spilledthebeer
+1

Trump calls Trudeau 'two-faced' after viral video

U.S. President Donald Trump called Prime Minister Justin Trudeau 'two-faced' after a video went viral of Trudeau speaking to other leaders about Trump.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/no-apology-fr...aced-1.4714587

Oh my. FACT: the world leaders are just tolerating Trump.........as who in their right mind would "respect" him???

..........so trump grabbed his marbles and went home. FACT: NOT FIT FOR thejob ofPOTUS.........or to be a big player on the world stage.

Even the queen looked like she could not wait to see him move on. ( in reception meet and greet) Yet she greeted other leaders with smiles and a warm expression.

FACT: Trump has NO likability factor.........and the world is just waiting until he is out of office. Well...he might still be useful to Putin.

Trump can't seem to get along with ANYONE ..........except maybe Putin and Kim.

The FACT IS that is that if Trump DUMPED ALL HIS Conservative values......................

and began aggressively supporting LIE-beral values..........................

then LIE-berals would LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals are such two faced power mad hypocrites........................

that if Trump became a staunch LIE-beral then women like Warren and AOC....................

WOULD BE LINING UP to let Trump grab their crotches.........................

just to persuade him to REMAIN ON THEIR SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Pelosi has A LITTLE more class than the others by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals are TRULY INCENSED that Trump offers up more creative and cutting insults than LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Justin Trudope being called two faced................................

the TRUTH IS WHAT IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

I will "second" that

Girth
+1

Get over yourselves.

Those people are your relatives speaking about you. It has nothing to do with Westerners putting people from the East down. That is a personal matter between you and your Western based relatives.

Girth
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

So when they were car bombing and marching in the streets they were just a toothless dog and misunderstood? The West is verbally complaining and they are treasonous? OK gotcha carry on.

One would think CC is deliberately trolling us. Maybe he never bothered to study Canadian history. Unless he considers two referendums, a Seperatist government, and a terrorist group bombing Jewish and Anglophone homes and businesses not serious.

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

And you are the epitome of decorum.

... Be you are most definitely a pig ...

MHz
+1

One would think CC is deliberately trolling us. Maybe he never bothered to study Canadian history. Unless he considers two referendums, a Seperatist government, and a terrorist group bombing Jewish and Anglophone homes and businesses not serious.

Trolls are imaginary beings. Perhaps you are just being an asshole who doesn't know he is singular or he (it). Gang attacks on the net is what this place is famous for, piling on.
Where is the 1967 referendum that is needed before Canada is a legal country?? Doesn't fukking exist does it??

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

What car bombing?
Oh, and when did the Bloc Quebecois lead a march anywhere?
Do your homework, instead of blathering out this bigoted fantasy.
What on Earth are you talking about? The IRA in London?
Last edited by Curious Cdn; Dec 6th, 2019 at 10:18 PM..

Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation

You are an ignorant hayseed.

How's that for trolling you, Clem?

Girth

You are an ignorant hayseed.
How's that for trolling you, Clem?

Two words: False Valour.